Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 1[ 6 posts ]

Just a few Qs...Topic%20Title

Can I just start by saying I am SO glad I found this site. No doubt it further satisfy my quest for all things AA.

What particularly took my interest is the 'games' section, because I recently came up with my own idea for a game and was unsure what to do with it. I've read the 'Making Fan Games' post and will see what I can accomplish, but there are still a few questions I have to ask:

1 - Once created, do I just post it here, or is there some sort of system of approval I have to go through? NEW TO THE SCENE GUYS!
2 - Is it okay if it clashes plot-wise with other games already on here? I know for a fact already mine will clash with 'Raven Corvus'...
3 - Does it necessarily have to have five cases? I managed to wrap up the plot in four, and a fifth will just seem like pointless filler.
4 - Does it absolutely HAVE to have an OC protagonist? I ADORED Turnabout Academy, so...
5 - Is there some sort of collaboration system here? While I'm a half-decent artist, I doubt I can turn my artwork into a working sprite, and since I'm a girl, there will be no way I can voice the male characters realistically. It'll just sound like a girl pretending to be a boy, badly.

Okay, looking forward to some responses guys! Don't worry if it's a late response, it's still a WIP. :grey:
- Lexacil Maeve, Adelaide, AUS :adrian:
Re: Just a few Qs...Topic%20Title

ยง

Hey there, and welcome! I'll try my best to answer your questions:

1- There is no approval system. Once you have an idea, feel free to post it here along with your plans on the game, the engine it will run on, some kind of introduction text to let others know what your game will be about, maybe some images, if you need help to do some original sprites or backgrounds, etc. ... Users can give some advices and criticism to help you improve or re-do things. You can also use your fan-game topic to keep others updated about the overall progress (Scripts of the game, story planning, sprites, etc.)

2- Hmm, in that case, I suggest you ask for permission from the original authors, and perhaps also explain in which way the plots would clash. Once you have permission, you can go ahead and go nuts with the story xD Just make sure to give the proper credit in your project, either at the beginning of the game or at the ending credits. Anyway, this is how I think it is. Please correct me if I wrong, community. :c

3- Nah, it's not neccesary. Your game can have 1, 4, 5 or 20 cases, that's up to you, no need to follow the classic AA system (Except Justice for All and Polly Justice lol). If you think a fifth would be pointless, then don't do it. Extending the game's length in a forceful manner may have bad results. Of course, your opinion may change while developing the game, it has happened before in here. But if your idea right now is 4 cases, then 4 cases it is! ;D

4- No, it doesn't have to be an OC. Although, in my opinion, selecting and developing an OC is a pretty nice idea too, and gives your game a more original feeling, rather than picking Phoenix, Apollo or whoever you have in mind. This, of course, may take more time than selecting an AA character. Speaking of which, using an AA protagonist can be great too, but you have to handle them carefully (Keeping in mind that they all have a backstory and defined personality already), buuut if you feel confident about it and want to add some changes to it, then go ahead! Remember that it's your game and you're free to do whatever you imagine. :D

5- There are some really nice users here that would be glad to help you with those things, if you ask them nicely :) Some of them may even teach you about sprite editing and stuff. I'd be happy to help in the future with the voice acting!

And I guess that's all! Please let me know if something I said is confusing or something xD

Good luck! I'll look forward to your project :jake:
We do what we must because we can.

Dracarys!

1 - No, just go ahead and post your game. You can make a thread before it's finished to let people know you're working on it (I'd personally recommend waiting until you're beyond just the planning stage and actually have something to show, such as artwork or a script).

2 - No. This is not one big fan canon. Don't worry about what other writers have already done. Just make your own thing. My own game directly contradicts Turnabout Substitution (another Pywright fan case) and even Dual Destinies by this point.

3 - No. Apollo Justice and Justice for All didn't have five cases. Why would it be necessary here? You can make any amount you want, but do remember that the more you write, the longer it will take.

4 - No. Many of the more well-known fan cases have had either Phoenix or Apollo as a protagonist. In fact, because many people find making custom sprites to be very difficult, I'd say MOST of the fan games out there have one of those two characters as the lead.

5 - You can ask around for help. Though if you're just openly asking for volunteers, you may or may not get any. I'd recommend specifically asking people who you can tell are able to fill a role that you might need help with, whether that's artwork or voice acting or whatever. That way you can at least get a definite yes or no, and not just awkward silence.

OMG thank you, Outbreak95 and Ropfa!!

After posting this, I read some of the other threads and realized I was way too behind in my planning to even CONTEMPLATE half this stuff, and I was expecting to be reprimanded for that :acro: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR KINDNESS!!!

At this exact moment in time, I seem to be jumping between by Turnabout scripts as I get the right ideas for them (can't let them get away! Learned THAT one from experience!) but they seem to be polishing up nicely, and I have SOME concept work of the characters in Case 3. Presently researching into Case 4 to get it RIGHT.

Technically, my protagonist will have original ART, it's just already a canon character. It's Hugh O'Conner, from Turnabout Academy. I relate to Hugh so badly, and I wanted to see him behind the defence bench. (and Robin, and Juniper... I just loved that case to pieces)

SO! After another, PROPER, look around the other threads, I have yet another question:
Ropfa, while reading your PyWright tutorial, I noticed you were using a Mac, and you briefly mentioned Android and Linux. I own a PC. Does PyWright work on a PC? And if not, what are my other options? (if I had the money to buy a Mac, I'd use it to buy a better PC than the one I own and just about every AA or Layton game I don't have yet)

Again, thank you so much for your patience and kindness with such a noob. Getting back to work immediately!
- Lexacil Maeve :adrian:

Lexacil_Maeve wrote:

SO! After another, PROPER, look around the other threads, I have yet another question:
Ropfa, while reading your PyWright tutorial, I noticed you were using a Mac, and you briefly mentioned Android and Linux. I own a PC. Does PyWright work on a PC? And if not, what are my other options? (if I had the money to buy a Mac, I'd use it to buy a better PC than the one I own and just about every AA or Layton game I don't have yet)

Again, thank you so much for your patience and kindness with such a noob. Getting back to work immediately!
- Lexacil Maeve :adrian:

Yeah, Pywright also has a version for Windows PCs. Pretty sure it is the original version, too.
Signature loading, please wait...

Thankyou, cesar26100.
Lexacil Maeve :adrian:
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Games