Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 2[ 45 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Phoenix Wright BoP [DROPPED]Topic%20Title

The world ends with you

Phoenix Wight: BoP

I moved to another project.
It's closed. Sorry. :payne: :meekins:

Last edited by JoekerTrack on Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:39 am, edited 29 times in total.
Re: PW AA: Burden of ProofTopic%20Title

No, I refuse to write anything...

YES! You've been telling me about you're game for a while now...and it's finally here! Love the title:)

If you need any help with story-line, scripting, etc. I'd be willing to help out!

Good luck:)
Some secret wait to be discovered...some never are...
Some secrets lay in the shadows...and Justice is the Light...

The world ends with you

I appreciate it, thanks. Can I add you to contributors?

Dracarys!

Looks like you've already got the logo set up.

I'm busy with my own game currently, so I don't have much to offer you besides advice. But if you want any of that, feel free to come to me anytime.

Good luck with this.

No, I refuse to write anything...

JoekerTrack wrote:
I appreciate it, thanks. Can I add you to contributors?

Sure, if you want. PM some details when you're ready to start:)
Some secret wait to be discovered...some never are...
Some secrets lay in the shadows...and Justice is the Light...

The world ends with you

I'm in need of good artists. So I've come up with a competition. Anyone who wants to help with the game, must draw a sketch of the characters I will give. The best one and the ones I personally will like, can participate in game development, specifically, sprite making. Send links me in PM or post it here in spoilers. Don't afraid to be creative and original.

Kathleen Track - (22) Theatre actress and dancer. She's kind, funny, smart girl. She can be sometimes serious and persistent, as her father - defense attorney - and can also be carefree, but she's not stupid. I imagine her as young girl, who looks like hip-hop dancer. Here is the sketch. Don't make her blonde.
http://www.mediafire.com/?7m8jwuesmcin6c8

Ada Mantz - (28) Versatile designer. The Snow Queen - that's the mark. She is calm, serious, collected, not showing emotions. She is proud of her works, but she can be hasty in her conclusions and thoughts and that's when she shows some agitation. I don't have sketch of her, so, have fun experiment.
Re: PW AA: Burden of Proof (looking for artists)Topic%20Title

Rookie Spriter and Writer

Hey don't know if you still need help but I'm willing to make Karter Humphrey's sprite (maybe objection sprite and throwing dice(By that I mean he throws it and then dice lands on his palm) and also maybe normal sprite.) Well that's all I can do to help seeing as I'm writing a script for my game too.
If you want to see how I sprite then check my sprite post:
forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=26917

The world ends with you

I won't mind you make sprite for Humphrey. The art is not ace attorney style, so you have to change it a little. Also I don't need (for now) sprite of dice throwing, I just told it to cardiovore about it long ago. But yeah I would like to see something original from you, surprise me:)

No problem. I'll have it done by tomorrow or earlier. :hobohodo:

The world ends with you

don't get over your head, I want something good.

The world ends with you

Remember, Karter is cocky and sarcastic, but serious and arrogant then he needs, man.

Hey question about humphrey's hair is it supposed to be red or something like blood colored (like dark red)?

The world ends with you

It is. It's like a fire. And he has scar.

Wait Carter is a prosecutor right?

The world ends with you

Spoiler:
Yes, he is 34 and a former police detective.

Okay so I'll post him today after I've done a few of my scripts I hope you like it. Any how his objection sprite won't be prepared til tomorrow or so sorry about that.

The world ends with you

Okay, better do his objection look more like Klavier or Godot, not like Phoenix please. And I got the idea for two poses, I'll link it later.

The world ends with you

Spoiler:

What a coincidence when I was making him I thought of Klavier anyway I understand your pose idea but might I suggest one? Well I thought that when he is mad he clenches his hand till the dice breaks? I understand if you don't like it. Almost done by the way.

The world ends with you

I wouldn't mind to see it, maybe I'll use it, maybe not.

The world ends with you

I just thought of another pose, when he is breaking (not breakdown). He is pushed to back wall, like from bullet.

Oh you mean like something similar to when Franziska breaks well I'll see what I can do. Also I wanted to help some more so I asked people in my sprite topic that you are in need of more artists so I hope they come to help. Almost finish on the sprite too.

The world ends with you

no, not that. It's original of mine. Actually, I changed it - Karter grabs the left of the face with his left hand, and his head moves to left. And let me see at least one sprite to think about it.

Well I was planning on making the blinking and talking sprite but since you need to see it first well here it is. I hope you like it (The coat and hair is a bit different though)
Spoiler: Karter Humphrey

Also you don't mind if I post it in my sprite topic?

The world ends with you

It is good, but this is TOTALLY not what I want. His face is like a bloodbath, hair isn't right, scarf isn't on the coat. Sorry , but it is true. Please change it closely to the art.

Yeah sure I'll edit it. But can you tell me what parts to edit.

The world ends with you

Did you even see the art? Change his coat, clean the scarf, facial hair needs to be more darker - close to black, change his hairstyle a little, clean the face and angle of the head a little, eyes are blue(it isn't necessary to point it out), and do something with his hands-they are in pockets of coat.

Well here is a revamp of the head.
Changes
*hair
*Cleaned the face a bit
*Facial hair darkened
Well I couldn't change the head angle though I'm very sorry about that.
The eyes are already blue well actually its like sky blue so I'll change it to blue later after I read your comment.

The world ends with you

It's still not the one I need, even with changes. It looks gross, he doesn't look like on the art at all. I don't know, try harder or if you can't, well, I will find someone.
Maybe you could do a front sprite for Kathleen? It's on 5th post.

Yeah well sorry I couldn't help you. Anyway I'll see what I can do about Kathleen but since I'm busy with other stuff I don't know if I can sprite her. Anyway (and please reply to this question) can I post your him as a request in my topic?

Last edited by PhoenixTurnabout on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

The world ends with you

Yeah, just write it is a request or sketch.

The world ends with you

First part of script is written
You can read it below. I will listen to your commentary. If you found some errors, tell. If you have some way of improving this text, tell. Hope you like it. :phoenix:
Spoiler:

Last edited by JoekerTrack on Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Re: PW AA: Burden of Proof (need help...and contributors)Topic%20Title

The world ends with you

I can't work, if I don't know how am I doing. So, please, even if it doesn't matter to you, look at my first part of script for Episode 1. And tell me, what you think. It will help, you know.

Started reading, here are a few things I noticed from the very beginning:

Spoiler: Thoughts so far, etc., etc.
*Usually, a prologue shouldn't have an actual timestamp (the only time it was actually utilized was in the first case of AAI, but even then, it was sorta pointless)
*The lobby scene is way too short. You have to establish several things here - 1. The timeline of events (the script implies that this takes place after AJ, but without any reference to Trucy or Polly, it feels a bit out of place), 2. The lobby scene should always give a general idea of what actually happened (aka, the prosecution's case, or maybe just the reason behind the charges. Even the first AA case followed this).
*Phoenix seems a bit out of character, honestly. It feels like he just naturally reverted back to his normal lawyer behavior, which isn't really what should've happened. If anything, if you want to have him in a lawyer persona, then you could maybe just have the entire game as a sort of transition from his "hobo persona" to his lawyer-self.
*Also, the dialogue feels a bit stiff at times and the transition between certain statements feels a bit stiff. "(I didn't visit this courtroom a few months.) -> (But now I feel like reborn. Great to be back in the fight.)" I feel like it would make more sense for him to reference the fact that he didn't have his badge for several years. EDIT: Oh, wait, it takes place between JFA and T&T...? Then... where's Maya? For that matter, Phoenix should at least reference the events of "Farewell, My Turnabout"
*From what I'm seeing, english isn't your native language - I suggest getting a proof-reader.
*There should be some conversation between the judge and Phoenix at the beginning, even Payne. The script jumps way too fast to the opening statement.
*"Commited a murderer" on him is redundant. "Murdered him" would sufffice just fine.
*Eh... I don't know, Judge never really stuck to me like the type of guy who would say something like "I can't stand those types of crimes". If anything, he's a bit lacking in intelligence, but at least he's objective on these kinds of things.
*Again, some interaction between Phoenix and Gumshoe would also be nice. Remember, the AA series is more about characters and their personalities most of the time than the actual crime. The characters are what make the story (the crime) you're trying to tell. If they feel empty, then the reader has no actual intention to get into the plot. If they can't get into the plot, then where's the motivation to try and solve the crime?

It's nice that you have the will and determination to do this, but you really need to sort some of these things out. The introduction is way too short. You need to grab the player from the very beginning and pique their interest. For example, I'm... not really interested in reading the rest of the script, mainly because of reasons I stated earlier. I would most certainly recommend a proof-reader.

It has potential - everything does - but you really need to work on some of this.

That one guy from AAO that made about a dozen cases that all kinda go off the deep end and fall apart at one point or another.

The world ends with you

Spoiler:
DudeWithAMask wrote:
*Usually, a prologue shouldn't have an actual timestamp (the only time it was actually utilized was in the first case of AAI, but even then, it was sorta pointless.
*"Commited a murderer" on him is redundant. "Murdered him" would sufffice just fine.

Got it.
DudeWithAMask wrote:
*The lobby scene is way too short...The lobby scene should always give a general idea of what actually happened (aka, the prosecution's case, or maybe just the reason behind the charges. Even the first AA case followed this).

In the first cases - not always, actually - remember first AA and AJ (Just a few facts of the crime itself.). But it was lacking information, I admit.
DudeWithAMask wrote:
*Phoenix seems a bit out of character, honestly. It feels like he just naturally reverted back to his normal lawyer behavior, which isn't really what should've happened. If anything, if you want to have him in a lawyer persona, then you could maybe just have the entire game as a sort of transition from his "hobo persona" to his lawyer-self.
*Also, the dialogue feels a bit stiff at times and the transition between certain statements feels a bit stiff. "(I didn't visit this courtroom a few months.) -> (But now I feel like reborn. Great to be back in the fight.)" I feel like it would make more sense for him to reference the fact that he didn't have his badge for several years. EDIT: Oh, wait, it takes place between JFA and T&T...? Then... where's Maya? For that matter, Phoenix should at least reference the events of "Farewell, My Turnabout"

Sometimes it's hard to see a transition between "hobo" :hobohodo: and "lawyer" :phoenix: persona. I guess I wasn't paying much attention to it.
DudeWithAMask wrote:
*From what I'm seeing, english isn't your native language - I suggest getting a proof-reader.

How did you know? :maya:
DudeWithAMask wrote:
*There should be some conversation between the judge and Phoenix at the beginning, even Payne. The script jumps way too fast to the opening statement.

My script is very rough. I won't deny it. My target at the time was to get a direction in which I should go and to establish my skills in writing. Well, as I see, not so good, but we have to start somewhere. :sawit:
DudeWithAMask wrote:
*Eh... I don't know, Judge never really stuck to me like the type of guy who would say something like "I can't stand those types of crimes". If anything, he's a bit lacking in intelligence, but at least he's objective on these kinds of things.
*Again, some interaction between Phoenix and Gumshoe would also be nice. Remember, the AA series is more about characters and their personalities most of the time than the actual crime. The characters are what make the story (the crime) you're trying to tell. If they feel empty, then the reader has no actual intention to get into the plot. If they can't get into the plot, then where's the motivation to try and solve the crime?

I think he said something like that, I just don't remember where. It kinda stuck in my head. And I'll try more interaction.
DudeWithAMask wrote:
The introduction is way too short. You need to grab the player from the very beginning and pique their interest.

I have a mental image of the intro. As I see it, it's long but with almost no lines. (Maybe, there will be narrator, like AJ case 2.). Just remember Wright's very first case - many pictures and just a few lines.

I'm glad that you show the interest. I understand your thoughts and I'll listen to you. Now, I know two of my main problems. 1) Lack of proof-readers and writers. 2) Weak characterization. I will start from it.

Thanks for your help, DudeWithAMask.

Just to clarify...

Spoiler:
When I say "introduction", I'm actually referring to everything up to the first testimony, not the prologue. Keep the prologue short, that's how they're supposed to be, anyway. ^^"

Also, ignore my rambling about Phoenix shifting his "persona". I wrote that because I thought at the time this was an AJ sequel. XP

That one guy from AAO that made about a dozen cases that all kinda go off the deep end and fall apart at one point or another.
Re: PW AA: Burden of Proof (I need sprites!)Topic%20Title

The world ends with you

For the second case of my game I want a song. Exactly song! I need an original song for this track. I would be grateful to whoever would do it. Lyrics can be whatever you like (nothing disturbing, 'kay? plus, consider that a man is singing) and min. is between 0:00-1:14. Try your imagination.) :redd:
Also, about the first case. I'm kinda lazy, also I don't have necessary artwork and such. So I don't know when it will be developed. So that's why I decided to work ahead of it.

The world ends with you

I've tried my best, tell me what you think. Listen to the track above and play lyrics in your head. I accept every criticism. If you can change it in some other better way, tell me.
Spoiler:
Despair and remorse,
Sadness and fear-
They're bugs
That get under your skin.

But you must try
Break these chains!
You should live and fight
And hold on the thread of life!

Life!

Ch.*2
People are changing every second.
River of feelings flow in my veins.
Law wouldn't hold you from escaping.
That is the truth we all accepted.

The world ends with you

You can read the script for Episode 1 - Turnabout Visit.
It can change with the development of the game. Enjoy.)
Episode 1

NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN

I can TRY to do a manga version for eny chareter you like, but i can only do manga, cant turn it into sprites.

NYAN
Page 1 of 2 [ 45 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games