Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 1[ 7 posts ]

Ace Detective: The Corrupted TurnaboutTopic%20Title

Ready for action!

Hello, everyone! Thought I'd make a topic about a fangame of mine I've had in development for about a month so far!

Huge thanks to SuperAJ for the logo!

Overview
The game is going to be an Ace Attorney style Detective game. You play the role of a rookie homicide Detective who’s hired by a local Prosecutor who’s said to be hard to work with and even harder to please.

If it isn’t obvious already, this still takes place in the USA, where the usual Ace Attorney games take place. About 5 years after the events of Dual Destinies. This is an AU, to make it easier for me. :)

Project Head: Myself!
Current Contributers: I have a few friends of mine helping me with story and characters, as well as creating the engine.
Which Casemaker: The game is using a custom engine made from scratch, for Game Maker 8.

Specifications: The gameplay will still be point and click. Testimonies replace the usual court room battles, choose the right words and evidence to create your testimony. Think a cross between "Hangman's Gambit" from Danganronpa and Edgeworth's "Logic". There will also be a top down section with 8-bit sprites where you have to avoid getting spotted by security cameras.

Spoiler: Characters
Name: Jude Schaeffer
Eyes: Amber
Hair: Black
Nationality: European
Role: The protagonist of the game. Originally from Europe, Jude moved to the US to figure out the reason behind his parents disappearances, but gets hired by demon Prosecutor Cryen Payne to assist him in handling a series of murder cases.
Special ability: “Keen eye” Enables him to uncover evidence that other detectives couldn’t find.

Name: Cryen Payne
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Grey-black
Nationality: American
Role: Jude’s superior and the villain of the game. Cryen is a demon Prosecutor who relies on forging evidence and intimidation tactics to win cases. He looks up to Manfred von Karma as one of his greatest influences and isn’t afraid to do anything it takes to win a case. Even murder.

Name: Apollo Justice
Role: Currently struggling to get things under control after getting swamped with so many requests for help due to Prosecutor Cryen putting so many people behind bars.

Name: Trucy Wright
Role: With Apollo struggling after being swamped with so many cases, Trucy decides to put her magic shows on hold temporarily to help her brother get things under control.

So far the engine is about 20% complete. I'm aiming to hopefully have the game finished by the end of the year, with a demo out by June or July.

What I am in need of though, is character artwork. I am more than willing to pay for the work, so I'd appreciate some help if you're able!

Last edited by Lhancat on Mon May 16, 2016 7:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Re: Ace Detective: The Corrupted TurnaboutTopic%20Title

Art Person

After you sharing the details with me I've gotta say I'm really interested in how this fangame plays out! I like the premise a lot!
And the notion of a Payne being the big bad is always something I've wanted to see XD

Sorry I can't help much with the art, but I hope you find people willing to help!

While this does look interesting, isn't it a bit weird to reveal major plot elements as you reveal it? I dunno, it's just my opinion.

Ready for action!

Darth Wiader wrote:
While this does look interesting, isn't it a bit weird to reveal major plot elements as you reveal it? I dunno, it's just my opinion.

I understand that completely. However, it's just my way of showing the project is a serious one. Of course people don't have to read the entirety of Case 1 either. It's in a spoiler. Case one will be the only one that will be "spoiled".

"Justice!"

Looks good, I will surely follow this. Good luck!

Dracarys!

Is the identity of the serial killer something that's only relevant to the first case? If it is, fine. But if it's not, it might be in your better interests to leave that part out.

Ready for action!

Cleaned the thread up a bit and removed important info/spoilers.

Engine work is coming along nicely! Some 8 bit sprites and tiles were made, since they're the easiest things ever to build.

Spoiler: Random room with a computer

Spoiler: Character sprites

And have a random gif of the character walking: Image

The sprites are in the process of being enlarged since they're very tiny and would be hard to see in the game. Just thought I'd post them here so people can see the progress so far. :p
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Games