Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 1[ 5 posts ]

Engines other than PyWright and PWLib?Topic%20Title

I'm aware there used to be CaseMaker, but I'm curious about the lack of Ren'Py powered titles - I'd have thought that'd have been a pretty natural fit for the style of gameplay Phoenix Wright has (with little relative difficulty).

Has there ever been any serious attempt at using something else to make games with?
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.
Re: Engines other than PyWright and PWLib?Topic%20Title

AIGE/PWLib Casemaker Developer

First, PWLib isn't an Engine, but a Script Library for the AIGE Engine (that does the same as Ren'Py).

I recall seeing a long time ago seeing something AA-related made in Ren'Py (if i recall, basic court), but not much came out of it (and it was ways behind what casemakers were able to do at the time).

Now it begs the question: why do we need something made in Ren'Py? PyWright is as easy it can get, same for PWLib upcoming 1.2 Shinku Extension.
PWLib 1.2 Under Development

PWLib Casemaker (Version 1.1) at http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8788

PyWright, easy? Really? Looking at all the multiple loose .txt files required for a single scene I beg to differ on that one, if only on organisational grounds.

I'm honestly surprised that nothing much has been done with Ren'Py - dunno about "basic court", but I suspect it'd been made a while back, and Ren'Py 6.99+ strikes me as being perfectly capable of it. Should someone (me?) make a template for it to see if that's actually the case? Certainly, if you're going to talk the talk, you should also walk the walk. So we'll see.
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

AIGE/PWLib Casemaker Developer

The general consensus in the community is about PyWright being easy to use, so i'm just transmitting what the community says.

All I know is that I'm working together with some people to make an easy to use interface in PWLib thast doesn't have any limits (and you're open to organize the files as you see fit).

I haven't used ren'py myself, but i don't think it couldn't be capable of it (since people do use it).

Bigfish posted about the courtroom ren'py stuff: https://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewt ... ght+ren+py

So it isn't unknown, but i believe since there are older and feature heavy solutions already, no one really needed to use ren'py or any other vn engine.
PWLib 1.2 Under Development

PWLib Casemaker (Version 1.1) at http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8788

Dracarys!

Sslaxx wrote:
PyWright, easy? Really? Looking at all the multiple loose .txt files required for a single scene I beg to differ on that one, if only on organisational grounds.

It's easy enough to learn if you actually break it down. Certainly much easier than learning something like Python, which the core coding was based on. I made a tutorial for people who are interested in it.
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Games