Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 1[ 6 posts ]

New to Pywright. Not working on AndroidTopic%20Title

To begin with, I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong place. I just made this account and I'm completely new to the forum. I found pywright by accident, and instantly fell in love with the idea so I got it for my android phone. However it crashes instantly. I made a thread about this in the AA subreddit, so i think it'd be easier just to copy and paste what i wrote there here.

I'm a huge AA fan, and I've just stumbled across Pywright, which has made me so excitingly excitable that i--- nvm lost interest in that sentence. Anyway, after installing the apk on my galaxy s7, i went to start the game and a black screen pops up for a second and i get the error "could not extract public data" before the app closes itself down.

After that, every time I try to open the app, I see the black screen again for a second, and what looks like a Pywright icon, before it crashes instantly right back to my home screen. It only gives me the "could not extract public data" error once, and then just does this every other time.

I've tried reinstalling it, and once again, I get that error the first time but never after. I've tried downloading it from my PC and then transferring the apk and just downloading it straight through my phone. Turns out the same way every time, so I know it's not a corrupted file.

Can anyone help me with this? I feel like there's so much AA goodness right around the corner, but I can't get my hands on it!!

There's one thing that's stuck in my mind by the way. A while back I was trying to install a certain visual novel on my phone and couldn't get it working either. Someone told me it's probably because my Galaxy s7 does NOT come with a SD card. By default, it comes with a certain amount of internal memory, and then you can buy seperate SD cards for it later. This most likely has nothing to do with why pywright is instantly crashing after only giving me that error once, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to put it out there. Somone told me the reason that visual novel wouldn't work is because for some reason the visual novel was looking for an SD card, an external drive for resources. Again, probably not the problem but i thought i'd mention it.

Anyway, please please PLEASE help me if you can. I'm a huge fan of AA and want to dive into these fan made games very much!
Re: New to Pywright. Not working on AndroidTopic%20Title

Dracarys!

I do not recommend using Pywright on Android. The Android version is buggy as all hell and there is currently no dev support for Pywright (the two people we've had in the past are no longer active members of the AA community). The Mac version isn't really working either, since for whatever reason it stopped working in OSX El Capitan and any versions after that. Really, the only way to play Pywright anymore is to use PC.

Ace... Dimwitt?

Ropfa wrote:
I do not recommend using Pywright on Android. The Android version is buggy as all hell and there is currently no dev support for Pywright (the two people we've had in the past are no longer active members of the AA community). The Mac version isn't really working either, since for whatever reason it stopped working in OSX El Capitan and any versions after that. Really, the only way to play Pywright anymore is to use PC.

For me personally, Conflict of Interest worked fine on mobile. I tried it out as a way to play it while I was out of the house but couldn't figure out how to transfer the saves between my PC and phone. Only issue I had was figuring out how to make the options menu appear.

(I didn't play too far on mobile so there are probably a lot of bugs I haven't seen, just giving my personal experience)

You download pc pywright and copy all of its folders and paste it in this directory: Android/data/org.dawnsoft.pywright/files.
Hope you read this guys.

Hello

Edgeworth gay wrote:
You download pc pywright and copy all of its folders and paste it in this directory: Android/data/org.dawnsoft.pywright/files.
Hope you read this guys.

Just wanted to say thanks! It took a bit of figuring out but I got it!

Edgeworth gay wrote:
Hope you read this guys.

It works like a charm, thanks for this post :redd:
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Games