Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 1[ 3 posts ]

Does my fan game hit with canon Timeline?Topic%20Title

Nerd is every sense of the word.

So I coming up with ideas for a fan game, I wanted to know if it contradicts anything in the real games:

Meant to shed more light on why Phoenix becomes "depressed" and why America's courts enter the "Dark Age of law" (In Dual Destinies). Taking a few months after Maya leaves for her training, Phoenix Wright loses his attorney's badge, and adopts Trucy. Due to not being able to legally practice law, he's struggling to make ends meet. Which is when a mysterious Canadian girl approaches him, offering him a job as a Defense lawyer in Canada. Desperate, he reluctantly agrees. Where he's hired by the girl's father, the Grossberg-like character of the game. Even though Phoenix lost his right to practice law because of Forged evidence in America, through 'shifty means', this doesn't matter to the Candian Government, still allowing him to practice it in their country.

To cut a long story short; It turns out the father is a corrupt figure who has an iron grip on Canada's legal system. Guilty suspects/Framers can pay him off to get a certain verdict, either through Forged evidence or bribed Judges/Lawyers. His connections run deep, even leaking into America. Including the Cadaverini family from Case 3 of Trial and Tribulations. Gumshoe mentioned how the police can't touch them, with this new character, the father being the reason why.

Obviously, Wright was an unsuspecting participant, natively using the fake evidence he was provided with. The Judge and Prosecutor of the game also being fake/bribed. Turning out your clients of this game were actually guilty. However, the girl who first approached you, the Maya character of the game, decides finally decides to put an end of this.

So for the final case, during a meeting between; her father, fake judge, fake prosecutor and Phoenix's previous two clients (Who were found innocent, when they're really guilty). The daughter sets fire to the building, with the two clients, escaping but she stabs/murders; her father, judge and prosecutor. Though, she's not the first defendant, so Phoenix is painfully forced to expose her during the trial, which is what she wanted anyway. The two former clients act as witnesses, but it's through this trial, Phoenix can finally expose their crimes as well. This leads to an abolishment of the Double jeopardy Law in Canada, America quickly following suit of their close ally. Which mean Ron Delight would be tried for Mask☆DeMasque again.

Due to being the heir of her father's business, the daughter has access to all his files. Realising them to the public, exposing the corruption in both countries. This led to a nationwide panic, people being tried left and right in a very short amount of time. With some innocents being charged in the chaos as well. In this overwhelming time, defense attorney and prosecutors alike felt pressured to use dirty tactics, to get the speedy results the public demanded. The aim of the file leak, was uncorrupt both systems, but it just made things worse. With many law leaders out the way and in prison, it opened a power vacuum, creating a new wave of corruption. Making way for the Dark Age of the Law.

Disgraced and guilt-ridden, Phoneix Wright fled the crumbling Canada with a 9-year-old Trucy, returning to America, which wasn't farring much better then it's neighbor. Just after that, UR-1 Incident (Blackquill's trial) happened, being the final straw/tipping point, kick-starting the Dark Age. Finally taking Trucy's suggestions seriously and sets up a Magic show/Poker place/Bar. The events in Canada, being one of the major reasons why Phoneix never had the guts to go near a courthouse again for nearly 10 years.

So there's all the important detuls. If there's anything that doesn't work with the canon, please tell me. It would be a massive help, thanks!
Re: Does my fan game hit with canon Timeline?Topic%20Title

Art Person

There hasn't been much said about those 7 years Phoenix was disbarred apart from these things:
- Phoenix was keeping tabs on Kristoph and collecting evidence on him throughout those 7 years
- He was working with Edgeworth to prepare the Juris system
- He went to "Europe" at one stage to meet with Athena.

I think during those 7 years it's possible this could've happened. There are no real concrete dates given for things like how frequently he met with Edgeworth, or how soon he went overseas to see Athena, so I guess this works well being set soon after Phoenix is disbarred like you've decided.

In short I think it's all good.
Re: Does my fan game hit with canon Timeline?Topic%20Title

Nerd is every sense of the word.

SuperAj3 wrote:
There hasn't been much said about those 7 years Phoenix was disbarred apart from these things:
- Phoenix was keeping tabs on Kristoph and collecting evidence on him throughout those 7 years
- He was working with Edgeworth to prepare the Juris system
- He went to "Europe" at one stage to meet with Athena.

I think during those 7 years it's possible this could've happened. There are no real concrete dates given for things like how frequently he met with Edgeworth, or how soon he went overseas to see Athena, so I guess this works well being set soon after Phoenix is disbarred like you've decided.

In short I think it's all good.

I've just checked the Timeline. And according to that, Phoenix adopted Trucy on May 3rd 2019. And the UR-1 Incident doesn't happen until Oct 7 of 2020, the Dark Age beginning after that. So that's an 18 months time gap of unchecked events. Which the fan game could fit quite nicely into.

Thank you for the list of events that happened in the 7 year gap, that'll be really handy and be kept in mind. Maybe at the end of the game, due the destruction the file leak caused, Phoenix gets into contact with Edgeworth for the first time in months, about trying to fix the problem. Which is the start of the development of the Juris System. Though considering the fan game ends just short of UR-1, Athena would have no reason to be mentioned due to her mother still being alive and not studying law in Europe yet.
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Games