Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 1[ 4 posts ]

Jack Mason: Ace Attorney (PyWright 0.989) (Cases 1/4)Topic%20Title

INTRO

Hello, I'm Streak128 (4dprinterr on AA Discord) and this is my first post on this forum. I admit I’m still kinda lost, but I guess you upload your fan projects here? Good to know, because I’ve made just one for the occasion!

Download link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... share_link

ABOUT THE GAME

Jack Mason: Ace Attorney is my first attempt at creating a fan game and currently offers one case that is one day trial only, but it's supposed to be the setup for the main story that I'm conceptualising. It takes place a couple of years after SOJ but there aren't any spoilers about it. It presents some spoilers for Justice For All and Apollo Justice, though, so be careful!

The case's length is about 3-4 hours (amount of time not really verified yet). I reccomend to play the game with the version I've included in the download.

Help, tips, corrections and feedback on my project are much appreciated! :phoenix:

Spoiler: Synopsis
We play as Jack Mason, an old friend of Phoenix Wright that traveled to his country to finally meet him, after a long time and finishing his law studies. He was told to rendezvous in an unusual place: a courtroom lobby? And, apparently, there's also a trial today? What? A certain Larry Butz was arrested for car theft and murder!? But he doesn't even own a license!

Spoiler: Screenshot gallery
https://imgur.com/a/k0A2Om3

CREDITS

Spoiler: Credits
june-pie (Jack Mason sprites)
HesselDahl (DD Phoenix and Edgeworth sprites)
MercurialSK (Athena Cykes sprites)
DannyPlaysSomeGames (Detective Gumshoe sprites)
mariofan5000 (Gaspen Payne sprites)
Aeliren (Bailiff uniform sprite)

Last edited by Streak128 on Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Turnabout Theft Auto (beta ver. 0.9)Topic%20Title

Hi
Recently finished a playthrough of your case and I enjoyed it very much.
Really good for a first-time effort.

Some pointers for future cases and improvements:

- Saw you used 0.9980 for your case-maker, maybe consider to upgrade to 0.0989
witch supported more screen modes including "small bottom screen" option
witch is great option for us who plays PyWright on portable devices such as the Steam Deck, being able to scale two screens side by side.

- Maybe some more custom music, could be from other games just to spice up the games a bit.

- Only saw one bug that stood out, late in the case you get a document as evidence, but instead of occupying one slot in the court-record it takes two despite being the same item.

Very good job, hope to see more cases made by you. :ema:
Re: Turnabout Theft Auto (beta ver. 0.9)Topic%20Title

Geos wrote:
Hi
Recently finished a playthrough of your case and I enjoyed it very much.
Really good for a first-time effort.

Some pointers for future cases and improvements:

- Saw you used 0.9980 for your case-maker, maybe consider to upgrade to 0.0989
witch supported more screen modes including "small bottom screen" option
witch is great option for us who plays PyWright on portable devices such as the Steam Deck, being able to scale two screens side by side.

- Maybe some more custom music, could be from other games just to spice up the games a bit.

- Only saw one bug that stood out, late in the case you get a document as evidence, but instead of occupying one slot in the court-record it takes two despite being the same item.

Very good job, hope to see more cases made by you. :ema:

Thank you for the review! I'm glad you enjoyed the game, I'll surely update the pywright version as soon as possible to make the game more accessible and fix that bug.

I've already taken into consideration using custom music, I'll definitely try it next update :will:
Re: Jack Mason: Ace Attorney (PyWright 0.989) (Cases 1/4)Topic%20Title

Giving back to the community!

Aaaaaaaay I was wondering when someone would use one of my characters as the protagonist! Honestly at this point I don't mind that you used his actual name, because I'm thankful for him to finally have his own story going on finally, in more competent experienced hands! I've started playing the case, and its pretty good so far! Writing is pretty on point, theirs some grammar errors here and there but all in all this is pretty ace attorney yes!
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Games