Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

Re: Court Records THE GAME! (Court Records: In Linea Bataille)Topic%20Title

Magical isn't it?

I can't wait to see my sprites. :)
Retired from the RP Section

I refuse to change my avatar

winged cloud wrote:
@nose: Yes several users will be enemys. Rather its a player killer or a story driven user ( AKA The hurtz mainly which is certain users on the forum) Non of them are mega bosses that threaten the game, but there are indeed users as bosses.

@gameover: Sigh...well I guess I will edit and make a another Demo based off the updates. And hopefully you will be able to play that copy...

EDIT: It might take a hr or so to put up the revised demo, I have a lot to edit through so be patient

Okay, Though it seems RPG Maker does not exist for MAC...........That can very easily be the problem................You can stop revising it I guess...........I'll just listen to everyone else talking about the game...*Curses fact I can not buy another Laptop due to no job.*
Thank you Delsy for the Awesome Game Over Sig! If you're still here, I still love it!

The defender of Justice!

Ok i present the revised demo of the cr game

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N1UZ66YR

Updates in the demo

New field sprites ( not in battle or faces yet)
Changed music placing and diffrent tracks here and there
Easier diffculty, it is easier to level up Rein in the game
Lowered encounter rate
The offical title screen
and updated log in video

Those are the updates is recall as of now.

Controls ( arrow keys to move)
z,enter key to accept
x key to cancel, open up menu
F4= change from full screen to window view

There are still typos and stuff that existed from the old demo. also as a side note, save often, train Rein to lvl 3 for the first boss and make sure to buy him armor to make the fights easier.
<3 Happily CR married to Comfortably Numb =D
Image Image Image

The defender of Justice!

*bump*

The demo is up again XD it should work now
Image Image Image

Guess MAc's can't play...So everyone, how is the newer demo better than the old one?
Thank you Delsy for the Awesome Game Over Sig! If you're still here, I still love it!

The defender of Justice!

As I said before, The only updates were a few music changes and some sprite edits.
Image Image Image

The defender of Justice!

Yes I know double post, But now I have a alt link in case people have problems with Megaupload

http://rapidshare.com/files/151568098/C ... y.rar.html

Its the same demo so nothing new
Image Image Image

The game seems incredibly easy, what with the quick level-up speed and armor together making you invincible to everyone except the PK.

If you change to have the other guy be the one you control, sometimes there's two of him.

It would be sweet if for fights the music was randomly chosen between PW1-3 cornered's.

The village has unreadable signs.

The defender of Justice!

I know its a long thread but if you read through it I not several things you said.

1. I made the revise easy so people can fully play the game quicker and easier to get the concept down. The orginal demo was far to hard for a simple game, so I lowered purposly for that reason.

2. The game is set in 3 chapters. Ch 1 has PW1 ivestgation music, CH2 has PW2 ivestagtion music and CH 3 has PW3's

The final version will remain harder then this demo, but level up a few times and increase your weapons and You'll be good to go. The current final project is still massivily work in progress but its shaping up well. More comments welcome, and I plan for more updates when the game gets closer to being done.
Image Image Image

How's this project coming along? Anything new?
ImageImage

The defender of Justice!

Yes a few things, but Im considering releaseing the games in chapters. So instead of releasing one big game, release it in parts, but a few problems arise with that. Some people arent computer smart and you would have to take a file and transfer it to the next games folder, and that could also lead to glitches and such. so thats in critical thought.

In other news, the project is running fine, I need to pick up the pace though since ive been more lazy with it. But It will get done.
Image Image Image

It's Godot backwards.

I'm glad this project is still alive.
It appears I have started a roleplay called A World of Super Humans. You should join it.

Missle!

If it's not too much trouble and not too late, can I be in it? I don't HAVE too but...
The Ema Klavier HATE club still lives...I finally got PW3!!!
Image Like you wouldn't be hooked on this...

The defender of Justice!

*blows dust off the thread* Whew its been ages since its seen true updates. I come bearing some news. The story has been coming around nicely, sorry for the lack of delays, college is kinda taking in a lot of time plus being in the hosptile for quite sometime kinda kills a desire to do anywork, anyways to the updates.

It isnt confirmed but there may be two versions of the game. The first being a rpgmaker 2003 build, and the 2nd version which will be determined if to be made after the rpgmaker release, will be the same game but a special edition, it will have the same things plus bonuses like more dungeons, side stories and more possiblites, the reason we arent just making the first version like that is because the 2nd version is going to be done from scratch, using c++ programing. Which would take a long time to make. And since the rpgmaker version is roughly 50% done it wouldnt make since to drop it to work on the c++ one.

Other updates. A new system has been developed for the game, its a upgraded class system which will bring a bigger variety is skills party memebers will be able to use.

This one is still in debate with a fellow programmer, but the thing current has a world map system like most old rpgs, he suggested making it more like Final Fantasy XII in terms of world travel, which would give it more of a MMO feel, but again the world map system would be easier for users to use, so that plan is on hold untill we finish all the maps for the game, and story.

Character sprites are going well as well, most of the sprites in the game have been created, the only thing we need really in that department is battle sprites which neither me or my friend are very good at, so if anyone is familer with the rpgmaker 2003 battle sprites and would be intrested to helping us make some battle sprites please PM me for the details!

Also to add more to the story, the key major plot points have been written and made, so whats now is basically filler plot. Which can be the worst part in rpgs. Luckily I have played many in my day and I know what works and what doesnt, so I plan to make these points to be intresting, Featuring more in depth character understandings, funny random cutscenes, discussions on diffrent topics to give it a real MMO feel to it.

Thats it for now, be sure to check back for more updates and of course the final game soon!
Image Image Image

I just lost the game... I wonder how many times it says that in this thread...

Why start over for the special edition??? Can't you just add on to the original?

Can I cameo as a guy in a coffee shop/bar (forget which the game has) wishing he had a more important role in the game?

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Gawd, I discovered this thread, and I LOVE it. Is the plot already planned out? If not, I could help with that. And I would love to be in it, but I guess there are too many characters already. Anyway, just contact me if you nedd anything plot-wise. I have a lot of ideas that could be great if developed.

The defender of Justice!

MrCheeze wrote:
I just lost the game... I wonder how many times it says that in this thread...

Why start over for the special edition??? Can't you just add on to the original?

Can I cameo as a guy in a coffee shop/bar (forget which the game has) wishing he had a more important role in the game?

We would have to restart the C++ version because we would be editing everything from scratch to allow more possibiltiyes, but like i said it isnt even for sure if it will happen, after all we need to finish the full rpgmaker game first before making any plans to re make it

And I think i could maybe make ya a little dude in the coffee shop being like " HEY I want to be in your party too!" Or somthing.

DeMatador wrote:
Gawd, I discovered this thread, and I LOVE it. Is the plot already planned out? If not, I could help with that. And I would love to be in it, but I guess there are too many characters already. Anyway, just contact me if you nedd anything plot-wise. I have a lot of ideas that could be great if developed.

Hey glad you like it, hope you liked the demo as well. Thanks for the offer on plot ideas, several others have asked already and I think I want to handle the story and plot myself. Since I want to be a writer when Im out of College, I want to use this game as a test to see if I can make good plots and stories. I tend to get a lot of ideas through music, So the games soundtrack consists of songs that made me think of ideas. While of course trying to add more PW songs since its a MMO off a fourm dedicated to PW XD

But thank you for the offer!
Image Image Image

The defender of Justice!

Ok a good update!

The story board has been made for every event in Chapter 1 including side quests, and not main story related segments. Chapter 2 and 3 ( 3 is already 60 % done haha) will be finished quicker because I had a huge chunk of that designed before the release of the demo. Once the story board is 100% finished the development will continue which shouldn't take too long if me and my friend work on it daily. I know I have been slacking on my part and I'm sorry, just medical crap came up and such but now is the time for this to be finished!
Image Image Image

Last edited by winged cloud on Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Man, I liked that demo. But it's a shame that it ended a bit too soon. Yet I liked that "Oh, snap!" joke you put in right at the end of this demo.

So, could you explain to me the general backstory to the game? That is, the events that lead up to the game, and a generlisation (without any spoilers, one hopes!) of the story that the game follows.

And, I must admit - this game, from the demo, rocks. If you have room for a spare Alpha/Beta tester, I hope you consider me as a possibelty. Because, I've been on quite a few online MMOs, especally fan-made ones, and I hope to also gain experience so that I can make my own RPGs. Also, maybe near or at the end of the final chapter, I would be suprized if one of the characters had my name, and commented on somthing, Phoniex Wright-style - weither it be the fall of the final, FINAL boss (because, the true final boss isn't always who you think it is...) or to try and help out in the final battle, only to nearly fail.

The defender of Justice!

ah2190 wrote:
Man, I liked that demo. But it's a shame that it ended a bit too soon. Yet I liked that "Oh, snap!" joke you put in right at the end of this demo.

So, could you explain to me the general backstory to the game? That is, the events that lead up to the game, and a generlisation (without any spoilers, one hopes!) of the story that the game follows.

And, I must admit - this game, from the demo, rocks. If you have room for a spare Alpha/Beta tester, I hope you consider me as a possibelty. Because, I've been on quite a few online MMOs, especally fan-made ones, and I hope to also gain experience so that I can make my own RPGs. Also, maybe near or at the end of the final chapter, I would be suprized if one of the characters had my name, and commented on somthing, Phoniex Wright-style - weither it be the fall of the final, FINAL boss (because, the true final boss isn't always who you think it is...) or to try and help out in the final battle, only to nearly fail.

I'd love to tell you and anyone but haha, the backstory actually is a major spoiler itself! :sadshoe: Basically the most I can say is what the demo said. Rein is a new player to the game, and that the player Gears was banned and somehow is back into the game. Of course it is much deeper then that but so far this game is very story heavy, filled with twists and turns and as you stated, things arent always what they seem!

On a side note, I worked for hours on the story last night and finished a hug chunk of Chapter 3.

More questions are welcome, any thoughts, complaints, are also welcome! I enjoy reading them and seeing a intrest in this project!
Image Image Image

winged cloud wrote:
ah2190 wrote:

I'd love to tell you and anyone but haha, the backstory actually is a major spoiler itself! :sadshoe: Basically the most I can say is what the demo said. Rein is a new player to the game, and that the player Gears was banned and somehow is back into the game. Of course it is much deeper then that but so far this game is very story heavy, filled with twists and turns and as you stated, things arent always what they seem!

On a side note, I worked for hours on the story last night and finished a hug chunk of Chapter 3.

More questions are welcome, any thoughts, complaints, are also welcome! I enjoy reading them and seeing a intrest in this project!

Well, I had to ask, just in case.

And good for you - you must be getting close to creating the climax of the very game itself.

The defender of Justice!

The game has been delayed a bit but with good reasons. The games graphics have been updated and all the locations in the game have been re worked and edited to make a better looking experience. Several character sprites have been changed as well. The battle sprites have been lowered in quality but to make up for it, they represent the actual sprites better, and the other graphics of the game have been greatly increased. Due to all the changes in the game I'm going to construct a revamped demo of the original to show off all the new features. It wont be a simple revamp either, it will feature brand new content originally not in the old demo. It will take roughly 2-3 weeks to fully construct it to the caliber we want it to be.

Also coming soon will be screen shots of the game and official character art as well. The game is finally jump starting to the caliber everyone has been wanting. Check back often for me details.
Image Image Image
Re: Court Records THE GAME! (In Linea Bataille) New updates!!!Topic%20Title

i feel pretty

This may be off-topic, but YOU JUST MADE ME LOSE THE GAME!

Got his Psychology degree in Borginia

I'm getting this odd error "The file vehicle cannot be opened"
Any idea what that might mean?

Wow, lot of story based updates, ohhh! The latest one is very nice to know also!

I wonder if my plot predicting powers will help me well... Predict the plot. I'll probably be able to get the small things but the big important parts... Nope.

I hope to get another laptop soon...I really want to play it!!!
Page 14 of 14 [ 545 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

Board index » Present Evidence » Games