Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 2 of 131[ 5216 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 131  Next

Re: PWLib CasemakerTopic%20Title

AIGE/PWLib Casemaker Developer

I'll think about it. I don't like rm format much, but if people want it too in rm, I can think on releasing avi and rm versions of future demonstration videos.

Yesterday I took my time reorganizing the court record code (since it is the oldest and most non-standard code on pwlib) and was able to bring some of it into the current standard so I can add the menu effects painlessly. Also I just need to finish the placement for the Talk option in Investigation to have investigation base working.

The Demonstration Video 2 will have some storyline so people will be able to see pwlib working on a more game-like example. It will be also longer, of course. It can also feature some cameos from CR itself (if someone wants to be a cameo in it). :keiko:
PWLib 1.2 Under Development

PWLib Casemaker (Version 1.1) at http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8788

The kind of judge you can trust

This looks like pretty exciting stuff :D This seems like it would be perfect for slightly more advanced users to be able to make very creative things with. From a user standpoint, it always seems like the more flexibility something has, the more complicated it is ;) But your pwlib seems to be striking a fairly decent balance between the two(user friendliness and flexibility).

I was just thinking that maybe, as a minimum, you could put together a tool that spits out code for the most common stuff in a regular case. For example, in adding an animation for a character ... the user could choose which animation file he's adding, and then decide what to call the function, and the tool could spit out the code for that function. Just a suggestion that I thought might be a little easier than putting together a full-fledged GUI/case-editor.

I must say, though, this is looking awesome! It's exciting to see so much work being done on this :D

I'll release code snippets for each normal stuff pwlib does, so people can copy/paste easily. Most things are just a bunch of configuration definitions then one function call. Nothing complicated.

In AHLSL, you can easily integrate code with an "#include". You can create a folder with your character code and graphic, and just add it in your project with a simple #include. No .cm3, no nothing. AHLSL is a language you can expand code easily.

I may do an editor, most possibly as soon as pwlib is done. I'm starting to get a bit skeptical about making an editor out, due to views. So make people believe more in PWLib by adding something that gives extra friendliness too. A good project comes out better if more people show their interest, and it counts views too. I really thanks all people who gives views, posts and even shows extra interest into this little project.

PWLib Casemaker (Version 1.1) at http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8788

One note: I'm sorry if the last post game any idea of complain, I had one idea in mind and it didn't came out as I expected. Too much work on university sometimes leaves people with stress. So, sorry again. I really appreciate all interest people gave to PWLib. It wasn't going to be like it is today if i didn't had such support. :edgy:

I just had a good idea for the demonstration video 2 story, and it might show things not seen on the demonstration video 1 (like Move and Talk, maybe even some psyche lock). Also there will be a cameo from one character of CR (since no one else showed interest, but there is still time to, so...). The name of the demonstration case will be Turnabout Revelations. I may even release a little demo version of the game in pwlib so people can try it out, but I haven't decided yet.

Ok, time for some cool stuff on PWLib's development. Seriousness raises and the engine gets stronger.

I some posts ago presented the idea of AHLTL. And with it the tip that it is the last part of the Psyche-Locks needed stuff.

So, after a long day of work, here is it: http://ksatechnology.no-ip.biz/pwlib/AHLTLBanner.png. So, Psyche-Locks are about to make an appearance.

Ruler of Lowát

This seems like it will be awesome, I most certainly will try it out once you release it and give you my feed back!
I wish you good luck!

Thanks.

With this psyche-lock talking, I just felt up to cook something.

Pre Psyche-Lock. And I really need a better set of chains. Those animate horribly. :minuki:

Heya. I just noticed in other threads that you feel a bit under-appreciated, so just wanted to drop another post and say how awesome this is looking. I hope you didn't perceive my suggestion in any way as saying your casemaker is inferior, because from what I've seen it looks fantastic. Fans will really be able to get creative and make some awesome cases with this :)

I guess what I was more trying to say is that this is an absolutely wonderful thing ... if all the casemakers see final releases with all intended features, it seems like we'll have casemakers for everyone to use. From the simple, novice user who just wants to have a good way to share their fanficts in another way, to the experienced user who will put together epic masterpieces with new game mechanics and ideas, it really feels like the Phoenix Wright fangame scene is about to explode. And I appreciate anyone that makes that possible, including you. Thanks a lot for your work on this :phoenix:

There is a secret behind PWLib that explains the lack of editor.

Originally it was going to be a pw engine for a game project, called Phoenix Wright: Troubled Trials. As I was going to use it myself, there wasn't a need for an editor, so no editor was decided on any development stage. Hence the name PWLib, or Phoenix Wright Library, no "PWCasemaker" or something, or "KSA_Tech's Case Maker".

An editor will come out, since even now there will be people that will praise a casemaker only due to an editor, so just to keep up with those. But the first release will be editor-less. :keiko:

Oh, sweet, I bet it's going to be one of those epic masterpieces I mentioned!

Now I have an awesome casemaker AND an awesome fangame to look forward to ;)

Now with Glasses!

Good job KSA! The progress is looking good, I can't wait to play with this.
I must say, you definately deserve the praise you are getting.
Back, check out LOZ AA.

Just some update. I was testing AHLTL and developed the sepia effect. I will post a screenshot of it working as I get access to the server (not at home ATM). :uramidn:

Here is the Sepia Effect image: http://ksatechnology.no-ip.biz/pwlib/sepia.png
I'm using pure aige with a simple script in AHLSL, so I can easily test AHLTL effects.

Oh hey, I object.

Can't wait for this one to be released either, so, uhh, hi from one of the countries next to you.

Hey, KSA, sorry if this has been asked before, but do you have any guess at a release date? (like, a probable week?) Obviously, you can't predict 100% how long it'll take you to add any given feature, but I'm just curious if you've got any idea.
It might help to stop my obsessive hovering on the forum while waiting for updates :D

I don't know. I could have completed and released pwlib, but I had university work to do. And now I just got the flu, so it may take longer.

What's needed to complete pwlib to a release-able level (I may miss something):
-health bar
-courtroom overview
-gavel/speedlines animation
-placement of talk buttons
-menus animations/buttons flashing
-evidence add animation (pw1 when you get the passport for example)
-guilty/not-guilty/game over door close (extra from release 1, may be on release 1 or not)

Also since someone commented, changing fonts on pwlib is easy and possible.

Last edited by KSA_Tech on Sat May 03, 2008 6:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

with the inclusion of the health bar (pw2+ for now), PWLib reaches 95% release-able completion.

PWLib's release is growing near, so is video 2. And with it, the story of the demonstration video 2 will be the start part of Case 4 from Phoenix Wright: Troubled Trials.

Just with a name change, it will be named Turnabout Decadency.

The story runs around the murder of the elder daugther of the president of a Megacorporation. The defendand is Nyala Nagawara, known for about a year by Apollo, and working with him since Case 3. Trucy is a crucial witness as well. also a new prosecutor surfaces.

As this i'll be needing help with the prosecutor edits.

I won't release PWLib until I do the video, since I need to test PWLib in a real game to catch possible bugs. A casemaker came out full of bugs and I don't want to release PWLib with strong bugs.

Whoo, how exciting! Looking forward to this a lot!!

^ Ji Hye Jang

Same! ^^
Proud creator of the first released PWLib-made fangame! ^_^

Oh hey, I object.

So we're on the verge of a release? Really cool.

Oh hey, I object.

((Yay, first double post. >_>))

PWLib, as is, adding the Court Room Overview, in release-able. Even without the speedlines and gavel animations (I just need to get the frames and do the animations) and the menus animations, it is possible to make a game on PWLib. As people are over-hyped over "the mighty editor of CM series", I prefer to release the first version only when I get those basic things done. :keiko:

Less bugs in PWLib = better satisfiability.

*applauds* This is getting exciting! Can't wait!

Courtroom Overview completed.

With this, PWLib reaches a release-able version. 97% completion for release.

Oh hey, I object.

Neat! "I'm. Dying. Over. Here." would be the term for "Can't wait."

^ Ji Hye Jang

OMG AWEEESOMEEENEEEEESSSSS

One extra note: added speedlines and gavel animation (1 hit, will do the 3 hit one and game over one too).

:udgy: :udgy: :udgy:

Too friggin' sweet. PWLib seems to really be pulling ahead of "the pack," so to speak.

*Waits with bated breath for the second preview video *

^ Ji Hye Jang

So just those and the menu animations, then?
SWEET.

A fad in a castle

I haven't been posting here lately, what's wrong with me?

Fantastic! I can't wait for when it's released along with tutorials.
ImageImageImage

^ Ji Hye Jang

Yeah, can't wait either.
It's gonna be great. ^^

Chances are I'll switch my project over to this...

Just one note: saving is not supported now, but as I noticed a very peculiar thing in pwlib (loads everything before hand) I can develop a save system with relative easiness. Even if release 1 doesn't come with save, there won't be a need to rebuild or anything in a new version, since just copy and paste a new version of pwlib will automatically incorporate the save support to existing projects.
:keiko: :keiko: :keiko:

By the way who was the one that started the 3D support idea? :eh?:

A fad in a castle

KSA_Tech wrote:
Just one note: saving is not supported now, but as I noticed a very peculiar thing in pwlib (loads everything before hand) I can develop a save system with relative easiness. Even if release 1 doesn't come with save, there won't be a need to rebuild or anything in a new version, since just copy and paste a new version of pwlib will automatically incorporate the save support to existing projects.
:keiko: :keiko: :keiko:

By the way who was the one that started the 3D support idea? :eh?:

What no save yet? I think I'll wait until one is made.
ImageImageImage

I was giving some thought on saving and i think i can pull out saving in a day at most. But i'm sure that if v1 comes out without save, a second version will be out with it before anyone finishes a game.

Also I can make a simpler saving system that can make up to it if people want it badly.

On a side note: applying save won't change the actual code one pulls out, so you can develop games with a "non-save-able" version of pwlib, and just update pwlib to get it automatically.

End Quote.

Seems like a release for this is drawing very close! I haven't checked here in a while and i'm pleased to see some awesome progress. Have you put any thought into documentation included with the release yet KSA? I think i'll start working on my case the moment it's released, save or no save ^^
ImageImage

Not yet on documentation, since i'll use video 2's game demo dev to create it.

Real, complete AIGE saving isn't needed on pwlib, but only a part of it, so I think I CAN pull it out on release 1. :keiko: :will:

Oh hey, I object.

So, umm... When!?

As of now, I'm working on save support.
Due to pwlib's format, i'll only need to save 2 things. One is almost done. :keiko:

Ah, and for those who like programming: AIGE has a new variable type: file.

^ Ji Hye Jang

Awesomeeee! Can't wait!

(well, I kinda have to since my sprites aren't done yet anyway, but yeah...)
Page 2 of 131 [ 5216 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 131  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games