Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 1[ 22 posts ]

List of Non-Case Maker Website/Programs that could make caseTopic%20Title

Obviously, you could use a case maker to make cases. But there are many other ways to make cases! Feel free to post any other programs/websites that could be used for this purpose, since more entries are always welcome. These are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Programs
Multimedia Fusion
Price: Around $100
A program made by Clickteam that allows programs to be built with purely drag-n-drop.
Is used in: Prince of Lawyers MechaBowser's Case Maker Untitled Fangame by Lee Ji Hoon

Flash
Price: Around $800 (Not entirely sure)
A program made by Macromedia after Adobe bought it. Has powerful animation abilities.
Has been used in: Phoenix Wrong Everything on newgrounds Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trial By Fire CourtEngine

Ren'Py
Price: Free
Visual novel engine based on Python. Can be extended and uses an easy script format. The GBA courtroom system has been recreated here.
Is used in: N/A

RPG Maker 2000-VX
Price: Depends on whether you get it legal or not :)
The popular RPG Making series of programs could be used for making cases as well, if you're creative enough. It would be hard to make a case in RPG Maker 2000-2003, but XP and VX's scripting abilities would enable you to make a full PW system, despite being very hard to make.
Is used in: Darin Ardgall: Drunk Attorney (< VX)

Multimedia Builder
Price: $60 ($45 if you don't need MP3 support)
A program that's designed to make CD autoruns, but has animated GIF support and scripting as well, so it could probably be used to make fangames. It has already been used in some Visual Novels, proving its capability at the task.
I used in: N/A

MetaCard
Price: Free
A outdated, free version of [url=http://www.runrev.com/]Runtime Revolution[url]. It has animated GIF support and the same programming language as Revolution, which means it's completely syntax compatible with it. To install it, you have to download one of the packages from above website, then download the Revolution player for Runtime Revolution's website. Then put the player in the same folder as the MetaCard package, and drag "mctools.mc" onto the player.

PowerPoint
Price: Variable
If you're really desperate, you could make a fangame in this.

Websites
Ace Attorney Online
Online site for making JavaScript based cases with an easy to use editor. The engine is based on Javascript, and all courtroom aspects are implemented. I'm not really sure if this counts, because it IS a case maker, but it still needs attention.
Is used in: Too numerous to mention

GS Interactive Fanfiction
A Wikidot site for making "interactive fanfiction". Make cases without worrying about graphics.
Is used in: Crazy Turnabout Plumbers Get No Gratitude DeMatador 1 Turnabout Pencil - Prologue

My Adventure Game
A site for making CYOA games, but it has inventory and scripting support, so it can be used to make Phoenix Wright cases.
Is used in: Clover Seven: Ace Attorney - Episode 1: Turnabout Museum!

Last edited by BigFish on Fri May 09, 2008 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Re: List of Non-Case Maker Website/Programs that could make caseTopic%20Title

Official Chinami Fan

RPG Maker XP or VX.
These are two, suprise suprise, RPG Makers, but both have the ability to do things such as show animations, show pictures, and both have scripting capabilities. XP was made before VX, but both have their pros and cons concerning RPG Games (for PW games however, both are completely capable).

XP: http://tkool.jp/products/rpgxp/eng/
VX: http://tkool.jp/products/rpgvx/eng/index.html

Both cost about $60 I believe. VX was used to make viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8396 .
Props to Clicky for the avatar! =3

AIGE/PWLib Casemaker Developer

But as we know there is no released "PW Engine" over RPG Maker XP/VX. Someone would need to know a lot about RGSS to develop it. :lana:
PWLib 1.2 Under Development

PWLib Casemaker (Version 1.1) at http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8788

Gumshoe's worshipper

Don't forget about RPG Makers 2000/2003, they both are limited by some technical details(image size, color depth etc.), but RM 2003 has more options than, for instance, XP. It doesn't have so advanced RGSS editor, though :sadshoe:

But, I think that it would be possible to make a case with one of those, only if someone would work REALLY hard.
But it's propably the same for XP and VX, I dunno...

And, sorry for offtopic, I swear I won't digress so much from now on ^^"

I used RPG Maker 2000/2003, but someone who would want to make a pw game with both must to be crazy. I remember that CBS that one guy tried making (I need to recall the name, something with Ethereal). :meekins:

PWLib Casemaker (Version 1.1) at http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8788

A fad in a castle

KSA_Tech wrote:
I used RPG Maker 2000/2003, but someone who would want to make a pw game with both must to be crazy. I remember that CBS that one guy tried making (I need to recall the name, something with Ethereal). :meekins:

Nonsense. I was making an RPG genre PW game with it once, still saved on my computer.. I just have no time for it.
ImageImageImage

Yo Dawg!

Multimedia Fusion is probably the easiest to use since no coding is required. However, if you know Visual Basic, C#.NET, or Lua, you can use those codes to enhance some features. I used a little VB when writing Prince of Lawyers. It is a very powerful tool, and if anyone wants it, just be ready to fork over $120 for it.

Not that using rpg maker 2k/3 is impossible, just it isn't easy. XP/VX are better suited then 2k/3.

Updated with RPG Maker and some more cases.

I've actually thought of getting MMF, but it's expensive, and I'm not really sure if TGF has all the features required to make PW cases.

This site (Lee Ji Hoon's wiki) might offer some good case making information in the future. It has most of the things on this list, and might offer some tutorials on how to use these other programs to make cases later.

Yeah, it well updated and supported bythe majority of the casemakers programmers it can be a strong resource for users. :keiko: :keiko:

Official Chinami Fan

KSA_Tech wrote:
But as we know there is no released "PW Engine" over RPG Maker XP/VX. Someone would need to know a lot about RGSS to develop it. :lana:

Only if you wanted to make one exactly like the DS version. If you can handle doing it in a simpler manner (say, the GBA layout), it wouldn't take that much to do. Heck, you could probably make it purely with events if you wanted to (but it would take longer). RGSS is surprising easy to grasp.

Qualrath wrote:
Don't forget about RPG Makers 2000/2003, they both are limited by some technical details(image size, color depth etc.), but RM 2003 has more options than, for instance, XP. It doesn't have so advanced RGSS editor, though :sadshoe:

I think you missed the whole point of RGSS. The only thing RM2K3 has that is practically impossible in XP is the ability to play movie files. Otherwise, every RM2K3 feature and capability can be added into XP/VX via scripting. There's already been script made for practically anything under the sun, including side-view battle systems.

Buuuuuuuut we're not here to debate about RPG Makers are we? :yogi:
Props to Clicky for the avatar! =3

Yo Dawg!

BigFish wrote:
Updated with RPG Maker and some more cases.

I've actually thought of getting MMF, but it's expensive, and I'm not really sure if TGF has all the features required to make PW cases.

This site (Lee Ji Hoon's wiki) might offer some good case making information in the future. It has most of the things on this list, and might offer some tutorials on how to use these other programs to make cases later.

TGF has limited capabilities and most plugins arent compatible with it. Therefore, unless you use coding more than anything, you would not be able to write a decent PW game.

^ Ji Hye Jang

Pretty much the only plugin you /need/, though, is some kind of file plugin to save and load your game.

However, if you ever plan on doing more than simple games, I would reccomend getting MMF2 rather than TGF2. It's not a huge difference.
On the other hand, I wouldn't really reccomend going for MMF2 Developer unless you know you're going to need it.
Proud creator of the first released PWLib-made fangame! ^_^

Last edited by Lee Ji Hoon on Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yo Dawg!

Lee Ji Hoon wrote:
Pretty much the only plugin you /need/, though, is some kind of file plugin to save and load your game.

However, if you ever plan on doing more than simple games, I would reccomend getting MMF2 rather than TGF2. It's not a huge difference.
On the other hand, I wouldn't really reccomend going for MMF2 Developer unless you know you're going to need it.

You dont really need a plugin for saving. To me, TGF was very limited. Not too many plugins were compatible. And I used quite a few in my game. And Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer isn't necessary unless you want to sell your game or something.

Last edited by Neon Lemmy Koopa on Thu May 01, 2008 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yo Dawg!

Not to mention TGF leaves this annoying ad for itself everytime you exit one of its games

Updated with Multimedia Builder, MetaCard, and PowerPoint.

It wouldn't be good if it goes into the Wiki too? :eh?:

^ Ji Hye Jang

Quote:
PowerPoint
Price: Variable
If you're really desperate, you could make a fangame in this.

You know, that's actually not a bad idea...
Proud creator of the first released PWLib-made fangame! ^_^

Oh hey, I object.

That one is quite... Umm. Yeah.

Yo Dawg!

you would have to be really desparate to use powerpoint

Not necessarely. You can be in a "lolz day", so you do it just for the lol of it.

Yo Dawg!

Powerpoint would be an alternative to Multimedia Fusion, i suppose. I know Powerpoint. Ive had to help my dad make business presentations in it.
Page 1 of 1 [ 22 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Games