Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 1[ 16 posts ]

Persistent "Mac" ProblemTopic%20Title

Putting the M in Cobalt

It seems as if many people, including myself, have encountered a wall. We wish to enjoy Casemakers just like everyone else, but we are cursed with our operating systems: Macs.

I have scoured Google for the fabled "Mac-Compatible Casemaker", and yet I cannot find one. Yes, before you ask, I've done a mega-clean-sweep of CR first.

I would like to know: can anyone find, or make, a Casemaker that is compatible with Macs?
ImageImage
Click on the left 'brow and you get the Super Makoto Project; click on the right 'brow and you get Project Kallisti :D
I made my avatar and sig.
You should totes visit my cosplay thread :Db
Tyrell Badd Facts!

Last edited by Haibara~n on Wed May 14, 2008 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Persistent "Mac" ProblemTopic%20Title

machinimator

Well, I think there's one being made in flash (CourtEngine) and one that works in Firefox (Ace Attorney Online).

Also, of course, you can use bootcamp; the saviour of mac gamers everywhere. Sorry that macs isolate themselves from the rest of the computing world.
I'm gone for so long, and the colors got all psychedelic! Woohoo!

Ace Programmer

You could also try to compile KanadaKid's case maker once it comes out[or grab it from SVN]; You can compile a lot of *nix stuff for Mac.
Sig by FlashPoint, Elg sprite by Aviv. Thanks guys!
8-bit Phoenix Wright/Apollo Justice Music

Putting the M in Cobalt

Cool!

And I took a look at bootcamp, but I don't want to spend any actual money >_< *cheap...*
ImageImage
Click on the left 'brow and you get the Super Makoto Project; click on the right 'brow and you get Project Kallisti :D
Tyrell Badd Facts!

Yo Dawg!

Dax Tsurugi wrote:
You could also try to compile KanadaKid's case maker once it comes out[or grab it from SVN]; You can compile a lot of *nix stuff for Mac.

Hes right. Im not a mac user, but I use and program for linux, so I know that with a little work, linux apps can be run on a mac. after all, mac and linux are both based on unix, so I assume they would be the same as far as programs go.

It's stuck?

Has your Mac ever used a VM?

If your expensive $5000+ powerful hardware can't even run a virtual machine long enough to use Win32 stuff, I doubt there's any hope for it.

This is why I prefer X86 stuff.

Soon I'll move on to X64. :godot:
Lana_Skyes_Heart wrote:
SO I was stuck all day inside the changing room with nothing but a glued on bra.

Panty thief strikes again! :-P

Quote:
I have scoured Google for the fabled "Mac-Compatible Casemaker", and yet I cannot find one. Yes, before you asked, I've done a mega-clean-sweep of CR first.

Try searching just "case maker" in Google. You won't find anything either, so it's no surprise that search got nothing. :nick-sweat:

Luckily, Mac users get Xcode, which just from the screenshots looks like a really really good IDE, so compiling KanadaKid's case maker should be easier on Mac.

Wine runs on OS X too, just no one seems to mention it much. :yuusaku:

Mac users are often left out of the software scene. It's one of the reasons I decided against a mac. However, it's just something you'll need to get used to. :payne:

It's stuck?

BigFish wrote:
Mac users are often left out of the software scene.

BSD, Irix, linux, Mac and Solaris: Developers.
DOS and Win9X/NT: End users.

That's just how it is and this is why software support is skewed so heavily. There are more end users than developers. Next! :hobohodo2:
Lana_Skyes_Heart wrote:
SO I was stuck all day inside the changing room with nothing but a glued on bra.

Ace Programmer

DaemonForce wrote:
Has your Mac ever used a VM?

If your expensive $5000+ powerful hardware can't even run a virtual machine long enough to use Win32 stuff, I doubt there's any hope for it.

This is why I prefer X86 stuff.

Soon I'll move on to X64. :godot:

Macs don't use Powerpc anymore. So..yeah. Don't push that X86 stuff. :redd:

It's stuck?

Dax Tsurugi wrote:
Macs don't use Powerpc anymore.

This is a good point. Now for the question that it raises:
The Mac is not PPC. It is now an Intel based architecture. This means it is some form of X86. Now what extensions does it have? :javado:
Dax Tsurugi wrote:
So..yeah. Don't push that X86 stuff. :redd:

I'm pushing X64 stuff. Anything that is still under development for 32-Bit platforms is now a disservice to the public. :yuusaku:
Lana_Skyes_Heart wrote:

Ace Programmer

A disservice to the American/non third world public, maybe. There are still quite a few people that still use old AMDs/SSE2 processors that don't have X64 support.

As a linux user, I can confirm it's quite frustrating to see casemakers not running on my system ^^

I tried to run Mechabowser's CM 2.1 with wine, with no success; I hope his CM3 and PWlib will run better :edgy:

I'm also waiting for more news about Kanadakid's one, since he announced it will natively support linux :phoenix:
Ace Attorney Online - Online trial creator and international Ace Attorney community.
AAO Deutsche version : AAO German section now open !

CourtEngine Programmer

i have yet to test my compile on a Mac, when i publish i make sure to compile in .SWF 9for my testing purposes), .EXE (further testing), and .APP for Macs. technically it should all work but i haven't been near a Mac long enough to even test yet.

When i go to the college next (they have G5s there) ill make sure to bring a fresh working compile there and see if everything still kosher
CourtEngine Prototype: 69%
"XML is like violence: if it doesn't solve your problem, you're not using enough of it."

Putting the M in Cobalt

Thanks for all the help, guys!

For now, I'll try AAO and see where that goes, but when all the Mac-Compatible casemakers come out, I'll be sure to give them a shot. :phoenix:
ImageImage
Tyrell Badd Facts!

actually, you're wrong. All Intel Core 2 Duo and later chips are hybrid x86/x64 chips, and Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard takes full advantage of the 64-bit architecture.

It's stuck?

Dax Tsurugi wrote:
A disservice to the American/non third world public

The world. o_O
Dax Tsurugi wrote:
maybe. There are still quite a few people that still use old AMDs/SSE2 processors that don't have X64 support.

Yes I'm one of them. This is because the last time I had time to rebuild was in May of 2004. A lot has changed since then. 64-Bit apps should be normal by this time. They still aren't. This transition needs to end soon.
If a linux user is getting fed up with WINE, run vmware and try it there. If that's not an option, boot Windows and try it! o_O
Lana_Skyes_Heart wrote:

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Games