Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 41 of 42[ 1674 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Re: PyWright Case Engine ver 0.9880! (Finally)Topic%20Title

The one with many faces

I agree. Might be because he had to sweep everything due to goddamn spambots. I'll contact him.

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Got a question about the little blue box showing which character is speaking. I noticed that it always capitalizes the first letter of the character's name and forces the rest of the name into lowercase. This can be a problem if you want the character name to read as "MacGyver" or "von Karma" for example.

Does anyone know how to make the nametags show up with the exact capitalization you want?

I'd like to know that myself.

Hello I've downloaded the newest version of PyWright and I can't use the updater in the application. I tried deleting the downloads folder and that didn't work, as I saw that was suggested to someone at some point and it worked for them. The website won't let me download games either. In the updater it just stays on the "Fetching data from server" screen. Help please!

Blah!

KMDrinnon wrote:
Hello I've downloaded the newest version of PyWright and I can't use the updater in the application. I tried deleting the downloads folder and that didn't work, as I saw that was suggested to someone at some point and it worked for them. The website won't let me download games either. In the updater it just stays on the "Fetching data from server" screen. Help please!

The download server went offline due to spammers. You'll have to find content through different channels.

The one with many faces

TheDoctor wrote:
Got a question about the little blue box showing which character is speaking. I noticed that it always capitalizes the first letter of the character's name and forces the rest of the name into lowercase. This can be a problem if you want the character name to read as "MacGyver" or "von Karma" for example.

Does anyone know how to make the nametags show up with the exact capitalization you want?

Nope. It's gotta be fixed via changing the code on Python. Put that on my list of things to do.

EDIT: I found the fix literally 2 seconds after I posted this. I'll upload the changes on google code.

For 0.989, you need to use the nametag= argument

If you wanted Manfred to be rendered as "von Karma", you use this:
Code:
char manfred nametag=von_Karma

If ever you need spaces for a nametag, you need to use an underscore.

This does mean, however, that if you just use this code:
Code:
char von_Karma

it's going to still be rendered as "Von karma". Calling the char argument with the pathname or just name is not going to be enough for those special cases. You will have to use the nametag= argument to get it to render the way you want.

So for McGuyver, you have to use this code:
Code:
char McGuyver nametag=McGuyver

I should warn you, though, that past games may not display correctly with the fix I'm going to upload to googlecode. Especially if games don't use the court macro OR the nametag argument.

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Sweet, thanks!

EDIT: Btw, I'm trying to work on a proof of concept demo for using the thought route in PyWright, but my animated thought route background appears to be causing too much lag (at least, I think that's what's causing it). The background is 40 frames long, and there's also an animated foreground image that's about 15 frames long, and both are set to loop.

I think I may have a way around this, but I need to know if there's a way to have a foreground object scroll across the screen, then loop back to the beginning to scroll across again indefinitely.

The one with many faces

Did you try to do a straight loop for the fg? Cuz the solution I am thinking of is going to be nigh impractical.

Oh wait, you said that. Send me the script via PM along with the assets.

Also, it might be that the processing is slow. I've added a more than 4 high frame count animation simultaneously, and it seems to be working. It's when I do things like scrolling them or rotating them that PyWright significantly slows down.

The one with many faces

General question for more veteran pywright authors. For the scroll button to work/appear, does the size of the background have to be exactly 512 x 192 or can the length be variable as long as it is longer than 256 pixels?

Dracarys!

Hey, does anybody have a Mac version of Pywright that they could upload for me? The download link on the site isn't working.

women are my favorite guy

Ropfa wrote:
Hey, does anybody have a Mac version of Pywright that they could upload for me? The download link on the site isn't working.

Here you go.
https://www.mediafire.com/?qa65c0l2tpl17b7

Dracarys!

Thanks!

Dracarys!

Does anybody use Pywright with the El Capitan version of Mac? I have a friend who just upgraded his system, and now he says the program crashes whenever he tries to run it. Is anybody else having this problem?

I haven't upgraded yet, so I haven't run into it.

Last edited by Ropfa on Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

How do I put this gently...

Hey there,
I just downloaded PYWright, with mixed results. I really want to get going but can't find a walk-through that results in success. Anyone know of an updated one?

Thank you for your time. :justice:
HDWM

The one with many faces

You're going to have to be a lot more specific than that. What do you need help on?

Oh hi,
Being specific, I just want to get started.
What I mean by this is just to have a sample bit of code and where to put it, which I can edit to make my own.

Thanks for your time. :justice:
HDWM

The one with many faces

This is covered in Ropfa's guide, but you need to create a folder under games. Then create a sub folder for your script. In that subfolder, put your first script. It must be an intro script.

E.D.Revolution wrote:
This is covered in Ropfa's guide, but you need to create a folder under games. Then create a sub folder for your script. In that subfolder, put your first script. It must be an intro script.

Thanks for making my evening!
LETS DO IT!!! :gant-jazz:

HDWM

Me again.
Sorry.
Does anyone have like a link to an image library? Like background, sprites, whatever?
Sorry. :gymshoe:
HDWM

P.S. is there like a reddit for custom sprites or something? SORRY. AGAIN. :gymshoe:

Could someone please help me with the gif2strip thing and how to properly set it up on windows? I've been trying for a while, and I can't get it working right.

Seasoned Animator

Uh, I found this. Could this be the source code for the gif2strip page?

https://code.google.com/p/pywright/sour ... pret_model
Like the creator of Final Fantasy, I'm better at telling a story.
If you need help animating Ace Attorney sprite sheets, I'm your man.

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Project Justice - Co-developed with Hesseldahl
Case 1 - Nursing the Turnabout: Trial Former, Trial Latter

:payne: Uh, that doesn't really help me much. Could someone please PM with a detailed tutorial on how to set up the gif2strip thing?

Spectator

I've just downloaded Pywright but I can't run it. I'm using Windows 10 and whenever I try to open the exe file this Error message pops up: The specified module could not be found. LoadLibrary(pythondll) failed.

This only happens when I use WinZip to open the PyWright file. If I use WinRAR Archiver I can open it, but when I click "Updates" I keep getting the 'Fetching data from server..' message. Can anyone help?

Blah!

Inkwriter wrote:
I've just downloaded Pywright but I can't run it. I'm using Windows 10 and whenever I try to open the exe file this Error message pops up: The specified module could not be found. LoadLibrary(pythondll) failed.

This only happens when I use WinZip to open the PyWright file. If I use WinRAR Archiver I can open it, but when I click "Updates" I keep getting the 'Fetching data from server..' message. Can anyone help?

You need to extract the whole archive to a folder, then run it from there. Otherwise, the game won't be able to find the other files in the archive and it'll fail to run. WinRAR seems to be doing this automatically, but that is likely extracting to a temporary folder, so any changes you make won't be saved.

Updates won't work because the PyWright website is down.

Spectator

I've extracted the PyWright file (can I delete the first one? I mean now there are 2 PyWright files in my computer) and it seems to work okay now. But how do I play games? I don't really intend to make any cases right now; the main reason I downloaded PyWright is to play fan-made games. I've already downloaded Contempt of Court but have no idea how to run it on PyWright..

Sorry for all these questions!

Dracarys!

Inkwriter wrote:
I've extracted the PyWright file (can I delete the first one? I mean now there are 2 PyWright files in my computer) and it seems to work okay now. But how do I play games? I don't really intend to make any cases right now; the main reason I downloaded PyWright is to play fan-made games. I've already downloaded Contempt of Court but have no idea how to run it on PyWright..

Sorry for all these questions!

Take the Contempt of Court folder (the whole thing) and move it into the "games" subfolder of Pywright. When you start up Pywright, you should have the option to play CoC then.

Spectator

Um, I've downloaded Turnabout Substitution (I decided to play CoC later) and moved it into the games subfolder of PyWright but I don't see it when I click the GAMES button? And PyWright randomly closes a lot when I press GAMES. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

The Bomber

I need some help with the Gif2strip app, I can't get it to work.
(Here are the details)
I downloaded it and Python 2.7. I go on and run the Python Command Line and input what the readme.txt file says:
"c:\python27\python.exe gif2strip.py" (Adjusting it so that it reflects my own directory)
When it is supposed to go on and ask me which .gif file to convert, the program just says:
Quote:
File "<stdin>"; line 1, in <module>

If someone could please help me with this, I'd be very happy.

Amateur assistant?

Domyce432 wrote:
If someone could please help me with this, I'd be very happy.

I think people would actually be enlightened about using this tool when they read this ...

Did you install pygame as well? I think you need both python and pygame to be installed. It works for me. For python, you will need 2.7 below. 3.0 might not work for this code.

Did you download it from the pywright.dawnsoft site? If so, after you run it (you were doing it correct by the way) you go to the tools.ini and change the gifcicle entry to become this:

gifsicle = TOOLS:gifsicle.exe

Only then you could use it correctly (you would have to point to the full directory of your gifs or folders of gifs).
When all the text is done, you can see the results right in the directory you pointed it to.

This one though is for people who have experience compiling the PyWright python files from scratch, does anyone know the dependencies for PyWright? I'm missing some things like tinting. Plus has anyone succesfully compiled the android port for the most recent version of the code?

The Bomber

I downloaded pygame for python 27, and I changed tools.ini, but it still doeesn't work.
It does say one different thing though.
"File "<stdin>" line 1
c:\python27\python.exe gif2strip.py
Syntax Error: Invalid syntax."
I'm really sorry if I'm wasting your time with silly things like this...

Amateur assistant?

Where did you download that? Is that the file from dawnsoft or is it the one in PyWright. Make sure that gifsicle.exe is there.

I suggest you download the dawnsoft version though as it has the program for the gif processing (gifsicle).

On a road to nowhere.

Having some issues here, PyWright crashes/closes without an error message if I either try to go into settings, or if I click any window that isn't PyWright itself. I'm on Windows 10.

Dracarys!

I just want to confirm that another one of my friends using the "El Capitan" version of Mac has not been able to start Pywright. As in, it just crashes right off the bat.

This is the sole reason I haven't updated to El Capitan myself.

Mia Payne

Ropfa wrote:
I just want to confirm that another one of my friends using the "El Capitan" version of Mac has not been able to start Pywright. As in, it just crashes right off the bat.

Is saluk still working on PyWright? I haven't really heard much about him

Nerd Processor

Ropfa wrote:

That explains why I can't get it to work myself. Typical that when the Mac version is finally available again it won't run...

Guess I'll have to go back to running the Windows version via 'Crossover for Mac' for the minute.
My Ace Attorney FanFiction Thread (Last updated: 5th August 2018)

Amateur assistant?

The problem is that he was still developing the game, so it still has a lot of bugs. I know if it works in an updated Python, download the latest python in the official site, getting the source code and dependencies and running the game via Python. I did make it work though. The only thing now is to compile them to their respective OS.

I aspire what assists me

Concerning the Rectangle example, I've been wanting to make an Investigations game out of PyWright, I'm trying to set up something so that the background scrolls where it needs to (where the character goes) and where I can interact with objects, is the new PyWright going to have that?

i haef brain promblem

Recently started using this engine.
It's been straightforward to learn so far but I already have a bizarre problem.

When testing out putting music into the game, the files play at a higher tempo and pitch in-game than they are in reality.
If you open the .ogg files themselves you'll hear what they're supposed to sound like.

I think it may be a problem with my own .ogg files, because any official AA music tracks I use in place work just fine.
I've tinkered with the sound options and the files themselves, but I just can't for the life of me figure out what's making them play so strangely.

Here's a link to the game file:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 4280878869

i haef brain promblem

pacquelle wrote:
asdf

Fixed problem.
Turns out it was due to my own severe brain damage; I had my ogg files at 32000Hz instead of 44100Hz.
Brillante.

Another question:
What's with the evidence page?
Spoiler:

No offense, but that "Profiles" text looks jank as hell.
I've gone and edited the UI to my choosing, but I gotta know how to get rid of that.
That, and the evidence thumbnail being askew.

Apollon Flame

The music pack .rar file on PyWright's website is damaged. Whenever I download it and try to extract the files, it says that the file might be damaged, or could not be downloaded completely.
A King

in name

alone...
Page 41 of 42 [ 1674 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games