Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 3 of 3[ 90 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Re: Anyone else think the "Final Battle" was fairly lackluster?Topic%20Title

Call me Ishmael.

I found it incredibly entertaining and cool. Pretty much everyone helped. However, some things were just so obvious (like the thing with the pool, and the fact that Manny stabbed Alba) that you figured them out before Edgeworth did.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

I've gotten my hands on AAI several days ago and beat it. Suffice to say I'm rather disappointed with most of the game.

The story concerning the Yatagarasu and the smuggling ring is something I didn't care too much for and the final boss battle dragged unnecessarily (sp?). I'm not upset over the fact that all the other characters came in to help, rather Edgeworth couldn't get the job done faster. That's what I didn't like about the final confrontation. Not a bad game by all means, but I'm no fan of most of the new characters introduced.

The ones I do like are Lang, Badd, Shih-na, and Kay at times. However, this is the first outing for the spin-off series. I'm hoping the next one will be a great step forward.
You don't need a reason to help people. -Zidane Tribal

/人◕‿‿◕人\

Quote:
I've gotten my hands on AAI several days ago and beat it. Suffice to say I'm rather disappointed with most of the game.

The story concerning the Yatagarasu and the smuggling ring is something I didn't care too much for and the final boss battle dragged unnecessarily (sp?). I'm not upset over the fact that all the other characters came in to help, rather Edgeworth couldn't get the job done faster. That's what I didn't like about the final confrontation. Not a bad game by all means, but I'm no fan of most of the new characters introduced.

The ones I do like are Lang, Badd, Shih-na, and Kay at times. However, this is the first outing for the spin-off series. I'm hoping the next one will be a great step forward.

In hindsight, this is basically my opinion of the game as well.
~Fanfiction~
"No. Men should die for lies. But the truth is too precious to die for."
-Terry Pratchett, Small Gods

I wish I WERE the best.

I actually thought the final battle was good. It just shows how much of a final boss he is. Plus, AAI-5 was a lot better than 4-4, which was a massive disappointment to me. 1-4 and 1-5 was great, 2-4 was very emotional but you never had the chance to go up against Engarde, 3-5 was great but I saw it coming about Godot and the murder.

And believe me, the final boss of AAI2 is handled a lot better than Alba. The fight against the final boss is a lot shorter yet harder, has a few shocking plot twists, and the breakdown is just awesome.

The Twisted Samurai

AnsweringNOW wrote:
I actually thought the final battle was good. It just shows how much of a final boss he is. Plus, AAI-5 was a lot better than 4-4,which was a massive disappointment to me.

Damn true. Yet, you gotta admit, the case itself was pretty awesome, even though it was a little bit too long.

AnsweringNOW wrote:
1-4 and 1-5 was great

No objections, even though 1-4 pisses me off a little, everytime I hear this theme...

AnsweringNOW wrote:
2-4 was very emotional but you never had the chance to go up against Engarde...

... what I don´t see as something negative. It seems like an open ending and these are the most epic endings.

AnsweringNOW wrote:
3-5 was the best but I saw it coming about Godot and the murder.

Fix´d and it was planned from the start. If it comes smooth and slow, it doesn´t seem to strike one so fast.
Godot was a great character with a lot development, who deserves a slow but respectful end.

AnsweringNOW wrote:
And believe me, the final boss of AAI2 is handled a lot better than Alba. The fight against the final boss is a lot shorter yet harder, has a few shocking plot twists, and the breakdown is just awesome.

SPOILER!
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

prosecuting never looked so good ;)

I'm probably gonna say what everyone else has but still, what the hell i'll try to do it as a review and make it a little humourous.

The whole premise of the final case was just Epic, one lone prosecutor against an international smuggling ring with the last case being set in an embassy with massive fire blazes, who cant say that sounds awesome? We can. The investigation phase of the case as well as the story was well thought out and also entertaining, even it got a little repetitive with the constant "Heres a coupon" from Colias, but that kinda added a little comedic relief. Then there was the entire comedy section of the case, with Edgeworth's hero , The STEEL SAMURAI no less,being none other than !DUN DUN DUUUUUUN!...........Will Powers, NO! its larry Butz back again for another mental raping of your senses, and although funny in his little mini arc in the story they had to shit all over it by bringing back Satan's mother, Wendy STFU Oldbag, it was bad enough having her in one case but in two separate cases? YOU ARE KIDDING ME.

But aside from that back to the story, up until the "Who is the true criminal?" it is well structured then suddenly "QUERCUS ALBA I ACCUSE YOU!"..........oh no, suddenly the old man is now tall and menacing with an incredibly well thought up arguement, but to the credit of the game it was awesome to see a non lawyer have an objection which sounded like an awesomer version of Von-K arma's, but for the last couple of chapters towards the end he makes the lamest excuses ever which last for two whole chapters, which is best summed up here ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfLJpzIPis4 ). This makes the ending go over the border of EPIC into Meh too long to care in the end.

But compared to other final cases it was one of the best, probably only rivaled by AA case 5 or JFA case 4.
When life gives you lemons, leave them and get a lollipop instead.

CHOO CHOO! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE EXPRESS!
Re: Anyone else think the "Final Battle" was fairly lacklustTopic%20Title

To be honest I heard Alba's Objection before I learned he was the villain, but I initially believed that he'd be giving testimony as a witness as opposed to him being a villain and defending himself. When I learned he was indeed the smuggling ring leader, I wasn't shocked. It was kinda unexpected but Alba had so little involvement beforehand that I never really thought about him. However, I must give credit to where it is due, because while the final fight did drag on a bit, it caused you (the player) to personally hate Alba for who he was and not just because he was the final villain.
:odo-objection: :think:
Credit goes to Croik for the Avatar Icon.

prosecuting never looked so good ;)

When i heard it without knowing it was Alba for the first time on the game i thought "HOLY SH!T VON KARMA'S BACK" then i realised it wasn't him and i saw Alba doing the Facist hand salute and my mind flipped and went "OMFG A NON LAWYER HAS AN OBJECTION VOICE AND ITS EPIC " then the novelty wore off but still was awesome to hear.
When life gives you lemons, leave them and get a lollipop instead.

CHOO CHOO! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE EXPRESS!

Cravat of Doom wrote:
I was one of the unlucky people who had a bright idea to play it at night <_<;

Spoiler: SnapekillsDumbledore...No, wait...AAI Case 5
I was at the part where Shi Long Lang gets shot in the leg, and I'm all like "Aww it's almost over", so I pick it up right before bed. Then I got to the confrontation...

THE GODDAMN THING WOULD NEVER END!
To make it even effing worse I had one little green block left in my Health bar. You can imagine the pain and suffering I went through, constantly saving, and then missing an opportunity and failing.

:gun:

Quercus Alba was just an annoying character. It gave me no satisfaction in defeating him, even when is face melted. I actually cheered when von Karma broke down, but nothing with this guy. I think what makes the rest of the 'final boss fights' so epic is the fact that either a) there's a crazy plot twist or b) you've seen the villain in a previous episode. AAI had neither of those things (don't you dare say his extraterrestrial rights was a plot twist :yogi: ), and so it just felt like some spontaneous character shoved in to take the blame. At least he had his own objection.
We needed something big and grandeur to end Edgeworth's game, but this ending just kind of fizzled and died.

I rather enjoyed Bridge to the Turnabout's ending, however. :godot:

You and me there, I ended up not sleeping at all because the last case was longer than I expected to be compared to the other games. If they wanted to make a stubborn character and drag it they should have at least made the mystery more difficult than having most of it pointed out and spoon-feeding you every bit needed.

Because of the part with Shih-na, Badd and the Yatagarasu then learning that it wasn't over I expected to have something even more mind blowing so it was somewhat a disappointment for me. :coffee:

Hello! You Fool, I love you

Well for me, this whole case involving smuggling and international laws are something that is quite unique. Plus the fact that the murder happened in an embassy adds to the conflict, because as the game stated, embassies are governed by laws of their country, not the laws of where the embassy is. Anyway, I just said this because I think it makes up a pretty interesting plot instead of going full blast with a court scene (But then again, AAI doesn't have an official court battle so yeah..)

Anyway, I myself enjoyed it when it ended. Yeah I was like "what the heck this is getting longer" all the time but at least I felt contented that I just beat the damn boss. It was very unexpected that Alba was the main villain because after all, he was the ambassador. Plus that scene with Calisto Yew and Shi Long Lang was also cool.
---
Page 3 of 3 [ 90 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby