Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 1 of 1[ 15 posts ]

Hacking gyakuten kenji, translation hack help!!!Topic%20Title

Ace Animator

I came up with some idea that I could possibly change the script of the game so that the text was translated into english, at least to the degree of basic computer automated translating. Why? because I'm impatient, determined and could probably make due with simple translation.

As I have researched, I have come the conclusion (I believe) that this could be done in previous games in the series by extracting the rom into it's different bin files and opening "mes_all.bin" with an editor program (eg. pwse 0.2).

I have ripped open the rom of gyakuten kenji and have discovered the following file structure:

dtb.bin - 52kb
hmm.bin - 2kb
mdc.bin - 12kb
phn.bin - 0b
romfile.bin - 35,248kb
sound_data.sdat - 9,457kb
(sound files)
str.bin - 1kb
tree.bin - 3kb

no mes_all.bin to be seen, but i assumed that it might be contained in romfile.bin perhaps.

I need a way to extract the script into a changeable format.
Re: Hacking gyakuten kenji, translation hack help!!!Topic%20Title

(´Д`)y~~ get out

By the looks of things, you probably need to dip into romfile.bin. Unfortunately, I'm not too sure of how things are stored in there (BIN is a generic file extension for binary data, the data structure will differ from usage to usage).

I'm actually rather curious as to how thing are stored in the Ace Attorney game ROMs, mainly because I'd love to do some script tweaking and whatnot in English UK ROMs (mainly cleaning up little text things that have continuously bugged me), so if you come across anything useful, it'd be quite nice of you to PM me Image

Ace Animator

well... it looks like the previous method of using dsbuff (or something else) to extract the files from the rom of an ace attorney game, and then using pwse to extract mes_all to the bin script files (and then converting those to editable txt files), and finally recompiling it after editing seems to work. I've tried the pwse method to extract bins from romfile.bin, and got 627 "script" files. when i convert these to txt (a few sampling of them) i receive it in the form of a DEC file, supposedly open-able with a text editor. well it doesn't seem to have any data in it.

the convert bin to txt is supposed to change it directly into txt, and when i exit the program i receive an message that some error occurred, probably for that process. the dec file had 0b of data so yeah...

the bin "script" files are arranged in order of size, 1 being 17kb and 626 being 12,714kb (with 627 having the remaining data)

so these files might not be in the same format as the other ace attorney games, especially considering it being a different game engine...

so either i have an error, and it would work, should i fix it. or the data requires another method for it to be editable...

(´Д`)y~~ get out

Well, to be truthful with you, PWSE was giving me a lot of trouble. Seems like it's just flat-out buggy.
Then again, deufeufeu never did release another version after 0.2.1...

nuuuuu, stoooooop

You might be better off taking this to a technical forum, because CR cannot support or condone modifying the rom to hold an English script, even a bare bones one.
ImageImage

Ace Animator

well it wasn't that i had "any intention to release anything whatsoever, even patchwise" to the public... but yeah, if they want to, any company has to power to declare stuff illegal, due to the instability of copyright freedoms, somewhat ironically also relating to attorneys.

outside of gbatemp, i wouldn't know where to post, since the number of people who've "hacked phoenix wright game in-game scripts" is kinda low, and would likely be hard to find

Spanish gamer

I speak Spanish, sorry if you do not understand. (Hablo español, disculpen si no entienden)

Google translation:

Use pwse to extract the files and got romfile.bin over 1200 script files, you get 627, this means that the program that pulls up to fill the hard drive (mine is full) so many more ...
To view the files .bin them to change the extension .txt and be with the Mozilla Firefox, then change the encoding of the Japanese. Haci could see which files have the word ... but consider more than 1000 files is extreme.

Do you know which files are the texts?

thanks.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

How about using your hack knowledge to help us get the sprites, eh? :edgy:
ImageImage

Shake it up, baby, now, TWIST AND SHOUT!

Croik wrote:
How about using your hack knowledge to help us get the sprites, eh? :edgy:

:sparkly-maggey: Yes pwetty pwease!

Wait.... Weren't you meant to be not condoning this? *tuts*

nuuuuu, stoooooop

CR can't support efforts to make a translation patch for the game, because that has the potential to hurt sales of the officially localized product. But you can't get the experience of playing the game just by looking at the sprites, so it's not really the same thing.

Or so we say around here~
ImageImage

Shake it up, baby, now, TWIST AND SHOUT!

Good enough for me. :D

Ace Animator

yeah the extracted romfile.bin file takes up nearly 4 gigs, and i'm not sure which would hold the script files, should i not have an error converting to a changeable format

This... is my 18th cup of coffee.

http://www.mediafire.com/?immimmydjzb

I've managed to extract the mes_all.bin (renamed to lol.txt, just rename it back). See if you can do anything with it. :phoenix:
:godot:

Some one can refresh link?
I need a game text editor - quick!

Mostly human

The links are dead as this thread is over half a year old now, and I'm don't think Meleemaster was successful in his hacking attempt anyway. You'll have to do without.
Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby