Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 1 of 3[ 104 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Neat Little Cameos....Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Personally I love the amount of neat little cameos there are in the game.

Admittedly I've not played all of it but I'm just really rather satisfied with the nice little references to other things in the series.....except the badgers....they terrify me now.

For example, at Gatewaterland the stage is set for the Gavinners, you can even see the special red badger guitar on stage.
Additionally behind the stage there is a banner with an arrow pointing saying "Troupe Gramayre" so I loved the little GS4 shout outs.

Also....this one seems odd but also in the stage area I noticed a box in the background with a question mark on it....it seemed reminiscent of the old Mario games with the question mark blocks....but that seems a bit of a far stretch seeing as they only share the same company.

Anyway please post any other little cameos you noted and enjoyed here but please there should be no spoilers necessary to just mention them.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Neat Little Cameos....Topic%20Title

Zoinks

Still on the 1st case but ".....who is this guy again?" (with regards to Payne) cracked me up.
3DS Friend Code: 5129-1407-0950

| -#courtrecords- | -Last.fm- | -Twitter- |

Gettin' Old!

Yellow Magician wrote:
Still on the 1st case but ".....who is this guy again?" (with regards to Payne) cracked me up.

That was wonderful, I was still so surprised Edgeworth treated Payne with such...respect...(despite forgetting his name) considering what a sham of a prosecutor he is.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

The hope that shines through despair.

In the Wild Wild West area of Gatewater Land, there's a cactus. Examine it, and you'll find out that the cactus was donated by the police department. Kay wonders if they actually have a cactus farm in the police station and Edgeworth will remark that he remembers seeing something like that in the station before.

I firmly believe this cactus is or is related to Billy, Jake Marshall's cactus.

EDIT: Also, when you're talking to the Proto Badger in the hideout and ask if the Bad Badger's gun is real, he says "Ab-SO-lutely not!" I don't even know why I remember this, but the bellboy at the Gatewater Hotel had a habit of saying "Ab-SO-lutely," IIRC.

Oh snap! I do not hear such a truth...?!

Pierre wrote:
For example, at Gatewaterland the stage is set for the Gavinners, you can even see the special red badger guitar on stage.

I just noticed the Gavinners guitars a few minutes ago. Even the black and white one is also one of theirs. I'm not sure of the timing but perhaps this was before they got big and were playing little venues? :)

Tinka wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I just noticed the Gavinners guitars a few minutes ago. Even the black and white one is also one of theirs. I'm not sure of the timing but perhaps this was before they got big and were playing little venues? :)

Makes sense, since AAI takes place in the same year as T&T. There's 7 years for them to get big.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

In Case 3. There was a sign that said something about a spectaular magic show battle between Max Galactica and Troupe Gramarye.

Gettin' Old!

T3h_Waffleman wrote:
Tinka wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Makes sense, since AAI takes place in the same year as T&T. There's 7 years for them to get big.

Who's even to say they weren't big back then? Theme parks could be a big deal....I'd need to replay the Young Klavier court case in order to find out more.

The...Sal...Manella cameo...it made me cringe so much talking to the guy.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Who's even to say they weren't big back then? Theme parks could be a big deal....I'd need to replay the Young Klavier court case in order to find out more.

The...Sal...Manella cameo...it made me cringe so much talking to the guy.

Gatewater Land's a pretty small theme park though. It's just got a haunted house, a cowboy area, a roller coaster, and a stage.

1000% Knight

Hey, is there a stepladder somewhere? I've beaten the first 4 cases, and haven't found one... (Although Edgey did mention step-ladders at one point ^_^)
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Bad Player wrote:
Hey, is there a stepladder somewhere? I've beaten the first 4 cases, and haven't found one... (Although Edgey did mention step-ladders at one point ^_^)

It's in case 5~ Should be easy to spot.
ImageImage

In case 4, there's a fire extinguisher in the hallway of the courthouse. If you examine it, Edgeworth remarks that if you got hit with it, you might lose a memory or two. But then he wonders who's be stupid enough to let themselves be hit with a fire extinguisher.

Io amo lampada.

Case 2: In the airport there's a vendor for Lunchland. Edgeworth makes a remark on how the business has expanded.

Case 3: Obvious Tender Lender moment. And Edgeworth makes a reference to the Steel Samurai and the Evil Magistrate, comparing them to the Blue Badger and the Bad Badger.

Case 4: There's a vending machine with snacks and each have an awful tagline to go with it. The tagline for the hotdogs was apparently coined by Payne in a contest and Franziska says with disgust that it 'lacks presence'.

I'm sure there's some more, but I've forgotten them for now. (Save the ones that haven't been mentioned already.) :think-think-think:
icon by BMG @ LJ.

Mostly human

There's the bellboy in case 3, one of the more subtle cameos. (as the Proto-badger)

You probably wouldn't realise it was him from just his bowing and polite demeanour, but when he starts talking about Edgeworth's legendary status and he uses the word "ab-SO-lutely" his identity becomes clear.

In The Middle of It Now

Case 5: Lotta Hart. Name never mentioned, but she does donate to the case without even talking.

But you DO see her. Once.

Also, tons of references to "The Man In Blue."

ALSO. Case 5.
Spoiler:
Present the Samurai Dogs to Kay. She refers to wanting to go to a Burger joint.

Maya, anyone?

AGAIN, Case 5.
Spoiler:
A reference to 3-5 when Edgey says to Larry "I may not be able to unlock your heart this time, but I can still bring the truth to light!"

Nose wrote:
There's the bellboy in case 3, one of the more subtle cameos. (as the Proto-badger)

You probably wouldn't realise it was him from just his bowing and polite demeanour, but when he starts talking about Edgeworth's legendary status and he uses the word "ab-SO-lutely" his identity becomes clear.

Yeah, I mentioned that too.

Show me your moves, Trite!

Yaragorm wrote:
In Case 3. There was a sign that said something about a spectaular magic show battle between Max Galactica and Troupe Gramarye.

Serious? Where? How I get it? :eh?:
This is a sig. Don't you believe me?

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Vitor-Leal wrote:
Yaragorm wrote:

Sometime during the recreation phase.
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!

Wasn't there a cameo of Phoenix, Maya, and Pearls in BG Mannequin form in Watergate World? The fact that non one's mentioned it is weird. Did I hallucinate, or was it too obvious?

Anyway, Larry and Wendy both make some passing references to their previous professions, and Missile and Samurai Dogs make a comeback.

キラキラ ♥

The pattern on Kay's shirt is very familiar.
Only in green and gold. I can't remember for the life of me in what case but 3-3 rings a bell.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

VigorBalloon wrote:
Wasn't there a cameo of Phoenix, Maya, and Pearls in BG Mannequin form in Watergate World? The fact that non one's mentioned it is weird. Did I hallucinate, or was it too obvious?

Strange, I've been looking for that but never could find it even when I finished the case...

Gettin' Old!

Vitor-Leal wrote:
Yaragorm wrote:

There's a moment when you examine the dismantled stage before the reconstruction when you can see the sign behind it.
I'm certain I saw Troupe Gramarye...but didn't see anything about Max.

Also if Phoenix Maya and Pearls were in the BG there wouldn't they be talkable to? After all Sal Manella was someone you could talk to and he was just a background character.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Athena Internet Defense Force

I've seen the cameo of Phoenix, Maya, and Pearl in question from Case 3. However, I didn't get there myself because it's well-hidden. I've only seen a picture of them.

You can't speak to them because they're out on the water in a boat.

Perfect whine record

T3h_Waffleman wrote:
EDIT: Also, when you're talking to the Proto Badger in the hideout and ask if the Bad Badger's gun is real, he says "Ab-SO-lutely not!" I don't even know why I remember this, but the bellboy at the Gatewater Hotel had a habit of saying "Ab-SO-lutely," IIRC.

I'm fairly sure they're meant to be the same person. He talks alot like the bellboy aswell ("sir")

Fabu♥

Gyakuten$aiban wrote:
I've seen the cameo of Phoenix, Maya, and Pearl in question from Case 3. However, I didn't get there myself because it's well-hidden. I've only seen a picture of them.

Wait, wait, the boat cameo was in Case 3? Why didn't I see them anywhere? .-.
ImageImage

Gyakuten$aiban wrote:

I demand said picture.

LySs wrote:
Gyakuten$aiban wrote:

Spoiler: GK-3
When I saw them, it was right after Lang showed up in the stadium to get Ema and Oldbag as witnesses and kicked Edgeworth and Kay out. This is right before you are supposed to go into the kidnapper's hideout, but instead you go to the right all the way to the bridge outside of the themepark. They are on a boat at the top of the screen when you are on the bridge.

The one and only

There was a woman in Case 4 who said that someone had made her coffee the last time she was in the courthouse. :godot:
I can't remember the exact wording, though.

Fabu♥

Tinka wrote:
LySs wrote:
Gyakuten$aiban wrote:

When I saw them, it was right after Lang showed up in the stadium to get Ema and Oldbag as witnesses and kicked Edgeworth and Kay out. This is right before you are supposed to go into the kidnapper's hideout, but instead you go to the right all the way to the bridge outside of the themepark. They are on a boat at the top of the screen when you are on the bridge.

...FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

brb replayin case 3
ImageImage

I don't think anyone mentioned this one yet. In case three when you talk to the Proto Badger, Edgeworth asks how the badger knew his name, and the badger says he's "famous."

"Famous? Me?"
"Ab-SO-lutely, sir. You're always very active in the community, I hear."
"(I feel like I've met this person before... Maybe it's just my imagination...?)"

Tinka wrote:

Spoiler: More GK3 -police chief cameo
Yeah this is how I saw it too, go right in the Wild Wild West area and the police officer is gone so you end up in the main entrance to the theme park. Carry on right and you'll see everyone. Edgeworth and Kay will have some vague conversation about a legend that any two people who pass under the bridge are destined to be together or something like that.

Also On the way there you'll see a man with a young girl -talk to them and it is clear he is police chief who is always in the Criminal Affairs Dept taking his daughter on a day out to see his creations

Sig made by the talented Trabztress, thank you!

I can't believe no one mentioned the cactus in case 3 yet.
My CR family~ Mother: Naturally Lazy//Father: Phoenix_Apollo//Brothers: JadeRoach and Game Over

I choose you!

Spoiler:
I did find it quite amusing in the first case that Edgeworth didn't reconise Payne yet I realised who it was strait away.
I've also seen the screenshot of Phoenix, maya and pearls in a boat under the bridge but I've yet to see them myself x]

Athena Internet Defense Force

Spoiler: AAI Case 3

I think that should about wrap it up.

fatalfeline wrote:
I can't believe no one mentioned the cactus in case 3 yet.

I did. It's Billy!

Fabu♥

mrowster wrote:
Tinka wrote:

Spoiler: More GK3 -police chief cameo
Yeah this is how I saw it too, go right in the Wild Wild West area and the police officer is gone so you end up in the main entrance to the theme park. Carry on right and you'll see everyone. Edgeworth and Kay will have some vague conversation about a legend that any two people who pass under the bridge are destined to be together or something like that.

Also On the way there you'll see a man with a young girl -talk to them and it is clear he is police chief who is always in the Criminal Affairs Dept taking his daughter on a day out to see his creations

Fooooound it~ Too bad you can't examine the boat :/ All you can do is examine the bridge, and Edgey and Kay will just talk about a legend that says any couple that crosses the bridge will find happiness.
Wtf Edgey, you can't

Spoiler: But I lol'd at the convo between the police chief and his daughter.
Edgeworth: This man look suspiciously like the precinct...
Chief: Look at that lovely smile on the Blue Badger's face!
Daughter: Aaaah! It's looking at me! Make it stooooooooooop! It's scaaaaaaaaryyyyyy!
Chief: It's alright, dear. You want to know something? I was the one who created the Blue Badger!
See, look at his eyes. Don't they look just like daddy's?
Daughter: It's scaryyyyyyyy! It's scary because they do look like yooooooours, daddy!
Chief: ...................
Edgeworth: Well that was rather depressing. I think I'd better leave the two of them alone.

ImageImage

Last edited by LySs on Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gyakuten$aiban wrote:
Spoiler: AAI Case 3

I think that should about wrap it up.

:wellington-crazy:

LySs wrote:
Kay will just talk about a legend that says any couple that crosses the bridge will find happiness.

Maybe that's why Pearl took Nick and Maya~ :pearl-blush:

Horses: willing servants; never slaves

This was a lot more... obvious... but I was happy when I saw that they used Borginia as the foreign country in case 2 :D

And did all of the spilled GRAPE JUICE strike anyone as weird...? I kept seeing the word grape juice over and over and couldn't help but think of HoboNick and Kristoph xD

Sal... he said 'over 9000!" in his little cameo. And I lol'd.

There are so many of them I can't keep track :< But I love them all! :'D

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Spoiler: Case 4 spoilers
In the prosecutor's lobby, there is an old lady expecting to be served hor d'ouerves because a man once gave her free coffee in the court.

Diego Armando anybody? :javado:

Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!

The Robert Downey Jr. Of Cookies

For some reason, I found the Sal Manella cameo to be indescribably hilarious. *shrug* I guess I'm just easily amused.

And seeing Phoenix, Maya, and Pearl on a boat made me squee big time.
WARNING: My dA may contain swearing, bad fanart, and gratuitous lesbianism.
BTW, GIVE GUMSHOE SOME GODDAMN MONEY, BITCHES
Page 1 of 3 [ 104 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby