Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 1 of 1[ 3 posts ]

And I would've gotten away with it too, if...!Topic%20Title

machinimator

Re-listening to some of the cases, I start to realize there were a few ways some of the murderers could have gotten away with the murders. Obviously, ALL of them could have been covered up with careful evidence-disposal at the time of the murder, but this is just in reference to excuses they can give when Edgeworth is pointing his finger at them.

Spoiler: Case 1
Portsman only has a bit of a longshot here, but he can declare the second entrant to the room to be heavily involved. Dunno about you, but if Phoenix were defending someone, and eventually found a second person had broken into the murder scene, he'd probably demand that person be brought to the stand somehow.

Spoiler: Case 3
All that's proven in the virtual horror house can't quite be called definitive if it's only a guess. Possibly more of a contradiction, but they got the building plans directly from the source, so that SHOULD have included the side hallway on its own. (I doubt they'd be hiding secret rooms from the fire department) Since it didn't, it may not even exist. (Hologram badger?)

Spoiler: Case 4
As Calisto is listening to Edgeworth's story about the knife, all she has to do is deny everything. Instead, she tries to come up with an explanation for how she could know the knife transforms; instead, just say that she never knew. If Edgeworth accuses her of being the Yatagarasu, there's no proof for that either, other than "It's the only way my theory about you knowing the knife trick could work." Also, one of the main points about the knife knowledge being secret is that Detective Badd didn't know about it. However, just speaking in generally, incompetence is not impossible in the AA world.
Officer: Hey, chief! Chief! Take a look at this!
Badd: .....Mhm....
Officer: Look, see! This key...it can transform into a knife!
Badd: Yup, that's great, officer.
Officer: D-...Detective Badd, you're not even looking.
Badd: I'm sure it'll be vital evidence.

Spoiler: Case 5
Posted this elsewhere, but pull a Damon Gant. "That card you're holding...is illegal evidence!"

If there are flaws in the above, feel free to discuss.
I'm gone for so long, and the colors got all psychedelic! Woohoo!
Re: And I would've gotten away with it too, if...!Topic%20Title

Katana wrote:
Posted this elsewhere, but pull a Damon Gant. "That card you're holding...is illegal evidence!"

Spoiler:
As if there weren't already so many similarities between the two. XD If this had happened then it would be official.

My CR family~ Mother: Naturally Lazy//Father: Phoenix_Apollo//Brothers: JadeRoach and Game Over
Re: And I would've gotten away with it too, if...!Topic%20Title

PL vs PW <33

Katana wrote:
Spoiler: Case 1
Portsman only has a bit of a longshot here, but he can declare the second entrant to the room to be heavily involved. Dunno about you, but if Phoenix were defending someone, and eventually found a second person had broken into the murder scene, he'd probably demand that person be brought to the stand somehow.

Haha, I also wondered about this. But I guess Edgey just isn't as flexible as our Phoenix. (even though ironically, I found Edgeworth being better at proving the accused innocent than guilty XD)

Katana wrote:
Spoiler: Case 3
All that's proven in the virtual horror house can't quite be called definitive if it's only a guess. Possibly more of a contradiction, but they got the building plans directly from the source, so that SHOULD have included the side hallway on its own. (I doubt they'd be hiding secret rooms from the fire department) Since it didn't, it may not even exist. (Hologram badger?)

Spoiler: case 3
I too wonder how a simulated crime scene could prove anything. Even if the building plans are correct, the killer could've said that Little Thief is inaccurate because it is a simulation after all. And there's no way for Kay to prove how accurate the recreation is, without going into the scene itself...

Katana wrote:

Spoiler: case 5
Maybe because unlike Gant, he's not as familiar with evidence law? Or he's just so frazzled at that point any evidence that proves Edgey's point he can't think of anything to counter...

I don't remember the specific incidents, but I do remember myself thinking "why don't they just deny it!" because many of Edgey's counterarguments are quite circumstantial... but I guess the simple answer is "game convenience" *shot*.. but if you think about it, a lot of times Phoenix's arguments are circumstantial and without solid proof too, yet the guilty party end up confessing. Maybe because they know they've been cornered I guess?
Phoenix: "You know my strategy. Speak first, think later!"
devART:.:My wallpapers:.:My comics/fanart:.:Sprite edits:.:Objection font
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby