Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 1 of 1[ 14 posts ]

Anyone else thinkTopic%20Title

New Adventurer

That Phoenix would have made a good final boss? Last case should have been a court/investigation case against the most powerful enemy Edgeworth could possibly have Phoenix! Would be an intense case w/ him on the defense, especially if you had to prove them guilty.
Re: Anyone else thinkTopic%20Title

Aca-scuse me?

That would have been EPIC. Just imagine that, those objections firing back and forth... But then if you win, Phoenix fans woulda been sad...

NOOOOOOOOOO MY INSTANT NOODLES

While it definitely would have made for an awesome battle, villainizing Phoenix would be a very bad idea.
"Every time I talk to Oldbag, my biological clock goes up by ten months"

(Sp)ace Detective

I'd really like to be able to cross-examine Hobohodo as a witness in GK2. He'd be his cryptic, secretive AJ-period persona, and Edgeworth would have to crack his old friend's cold exterior to get answers.
Spoiler: AAI-5
A bit like Shih-na's or Alba's quasi-good twin.

Read my fic(s)!
Friedrich Nietzsche wrote:
We have no dreams at all or interesting ones. We should learn to be awake the same way — not at all or in an interesting manner.

Save poor Gumshoe!

I think the final boss must be a very evil person, so I don't think that Phoenix would be a good final boss.
"The only time a lawyer can cry, is when it's all over" ~ Godot.

Mystic Lawyer

heartshutters wrote:
That would have been EPIC. Just imagine that, those objections firing back and forth... But then if you win, Phoenix fans woulda been sad...

Actually I would have been happy to see him in the game period.

Just another fangirl...

Location: A land of fires, mudslides, and the occasional earthquake

If they could set something up akin to case 2-4, Phoenix vs Edgeworth for a final showdown would be awesome. Let's recall in 2-4, the prosecution wasn't necessarily "the enemy." In cases 1-1 through 1-4, and 2-1 through 2-3, the prosecution was firmly shown to be not just the opposition, but your enemy. If they could set a case up from Edgeworth's end of things that put him and Phoenix on opposing sides but not necessarily enemies the way 2-4 did, they could swing it without making Phoenix's fangirls upset. (After all, Edgeworth's repeated losses to Phoenix doesn't seem to have hurt his fangirls' feelings much :edgy: )

Of course, I'd love to see 2-4 from Edgeworth's side of the court. Phoenix was obviously a near-total wreck from stress, but I still envision Edgeworth saying near the end that "The prosecution rests." to be one of the hardest, most difficult things he's ever done.
"Violence is the last resort of the intelligent, and the first resort of the incompetant." -FFA

1000% Knight

Alpha wrote:
While it definitely would have made for an awesome battle, villainizing Phoenix would be a very bad idea.

This. I also think it would've (1) been retconning a bit too much by adding in one more case for Phoenix, and (2) taken the spotlight off of Edgey a bit too much.

and (3) completely thrown off the overarching plotline
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

nuuuuu, stoooooop

I don't think it'd be such a great idea. Maybe at the end of some other case, but not as a final boss. It worked in 2-4 because Matt was around to be the REAL antagonist, so you'd have to have Phoenix defending the REAL Big Boss again, which might be too similar. But more importantly, I think if Edgeworth looked Phoenix dead in the eye and said, "I know your client is guilty" without the intervention of a kidnapper Phoenix would trust him and just give up.

The only way to keep Phoenix in the game would be to have someone with leverage on him (making it even more similar to 2-4) or have the defendant be someone important to him, which leads to other troublesome issues.

I'd like to see Edgeworth and Phoenix match wits again at some point, but not as a final boss.
ImageImage

Mipeltaja = the real badass

Location: That one place. No, not that place, the other place.

Honestly, what I would love to see is Franziska taking on Phoenix in an investigative context. It would provide closure to a few things, since Franziska never really got the chance to catch up with Phoenix after Justice for All. (She did come back in 3-5, but nothing happened in the category of character development, unlike Edgeworth in 2-4) Hell, they could tie up the infamous Shelly card loose end. And don't tell me it wouldn't be funny to see Phoenix go all wise mysterious hobo on Franzy before backpedaling into the nervous, jumpy Phoenix we all know and love from the first three games when she starts cracking the whip.

But the biggest reason of all is seeing Phoenix again could force Franziska to grow up, and she desperately needs to do that before her character becomes static. Franziska is my favorite character, but she's an immature character, and if she never becomes mature and grows out of her father's shadow, that's just depressing. I'd hate to see her come back game after game to have the intelligent, vulnerable side of her character ignored in favor of whipping and saying "fool" a lot.
Billie Jean is not my lover.

machinimator

How it worked in 3-5 as a witness was that someone trying to oppose you, though not the killer, is hiding the most vital information. It's pretty much the closest you can come to villainizing without having major fan trouble.

God knows there's enough fan trouble for Klavier somehow kicking Phoenix's ass.
I'm gone for so long, and the colors got all psychedelic! Woohoo!

Audere est facere.

I know everyone'd love ol' Nick back, but I think putting him in there would make the game a lot like AJ, losing the originality in the game. There are already a bit too many cameos as it is, and putting PW in there would be too much already.
I've been away for far too long.
So long, in fact, that all of my signatures now exist behind a paywall.
Bummer.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

No. He already upstaged Apollo. Do we really need him upstaging Edgeworth's game too? Phoenix doesn't need to be a game spotlight hogging whore.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

PL vs PW <33

As much as I'd love to fight Phoenix from the other side despite being a Phoenix fangirl (because it'd be interesting to see Edgey's thoughts about how Phoenix bluffs and refuses to let go of the smallest detail), I think it'd be annoying to fight Phoenix because he bluffs and refuses to let go of the smallest detail XD
Spoiler: AAI-5
not that Alba wasn't annoying and stubborn and refuses to give up X.x

Also, if the truth was with Phoenix, then ultimately Edgey would lose, and thus, you would lose the game; if the truth was with Edgey, then Phoenix would lose, and I think after 2-4, Nick might also consider the truth/justice more important than winning for winning's sake (unless guilty party has hostage, which would be like 2-4 again.. as interesting as it would be to see it from the other side, it would be repetitive), and give up rather than fight to the end, and therefore would not be much of a fight.

Plus it would retcon AJ if he lost; although, if it's not in the courtroom, maybe it doesn't count as a loss?

But it seems to me that in AAI Edgey proves more people innocent than guilty (much like Phoenix does in the courtroom) XD
Phoenix: "You know my strategy. Speak first, think later!"
devART:.:My wallpapers:.:My comics/fanart:.:Sprite edits:.:Objection font
Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby