Board index » General » Press Conference

Page 1 of 1[ 11 posts ]

Hi everyone!Topic%20Title

Hello, Ace Attorney fans!
My name is 2Edgey4Mia. You're not going to find me anywhere else – I came up with this name just for the sake of this forum. I don't really use any other ones, apart from reddit, but I have a different nickname over there. Anyway, I come from Poland (so please excuse me if my English is bad) and I'm a... well, I guess you could say gender non-conformist. It would be nice if you could use singular 'they' pronouns, but 'he' and 'she' are fine, too.
Enough about me, let's talk Ace Attorney. I was introduced to the series right after I got a 3DS for my birthday. I think I had already beaten the game that came with it (Pokemon Y, if I remember correctly) and I was scrolling through the list of demos on Nintendo eShop. I came across something called 'Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies'. Of course, being Polish and all, I didn't know what 'attorney' means, but looking at the picture for the game, I figured it would be one of those I enjoy (I like story-rich games that don't require quick reflexes and stuff). I got the demo and played it until the end (I learned some new words along the way – before I played it, I didn't know what a 'testimony' is). I really enjoyed it, so I got the full game and even after I beat it, I wanted even more. Then I discovered that Ace Attorney is a series, and there are more games in it than just Dual Destinies. I got the first one on the DS, then after I beat it, the Trilogy came out and I played all the way through that, too. I wanted more even after I finished Apollo Justice and Investigations, so I started looking for fangames online. That's when I discovered this forum. Up until now, I've only been going here to download Contempt of Court and Conflict of Interest, and to read the Sporking Theatre, but I figured I might as well join and discuss things with you people.
So, here I am. It would be if someone kinda showed me around this forum and told me what kind of posts I can find in the different sections, but I don't think I'll have any trouble on my own.
Re: Hi everyone!Topic%20Title

Welcome! Hope you enjoy the forums! :pearl:

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Welcome to the site. It sounds like you've had a pretty intense experience with AA if you've managed to play all the games in the space of a couple of years, but I guess it's just like that.

The General section of the forum is mainly for announcements. Not the most exciting place, unless there's big news.

Then you've got the Phoenix Wright section, which is where you can discuss Ace Attorney stuff: if it's not specific to one game, your topic generally goes in the Defendant's Lobby forum. If it is specific, your topic goes into one of the Defendant's Lobby's subforums (if specific to one of the five main games or PLvsAA) or into one of the other forums in the section if it's for Investigations, Kenji 2, Dai Gyakuten Saiban, Saiban 6, or the series' future in general. It's explained much better on the forum's main index.

Next up, there's the Present Evidence section: this is simple enough. It's basically where fanmade stuff goes, though there are separate forums for different types of stuff. Fanart, for example, goes into Fanart and sprite edits go into Sprites. Erm, yeah. Figures.

After that, the Non Phoenix Wright section. I guess we didn't know where to put the hyphen(s) there, and so gave up. Really, it's self-explanatory. If you want to talk about things like TV shows, other games, or the newest Adele single, there's a forum for each type of interest. The more generic discussions go into the Wright & Co. Law Offices forum. The Eagle River forum is basically a dark void into which the mods throw all the locked topics. Swept away, never to be seen again. Probably, like.

The Roleplay section is a bit misleading. Most of our activity there nowadays takes place in the Berry Big Circus, where we play forum games and generally just mess about. The Trials section is for all sorts of fantrial RPing, whereas regular RPs go into General Roleplay. That last forum's not in the best shape but we'll soon have it fixed if we can.

WHAT A!? and the Chicken Kitchen are forums for discussion of Hotel Dusk and Ghost Trick, titles that are quite close to our collective hearts.

If you have other questions, feel free to ask!

Reverie wrote:
Welcome to the site. It sounds like you've had a pretty intense experience with AA if you've managed to play all the games in the space of a couple of years, but I guess it's just like that.

It's actually just been one year, actually :P Maybe even half a year, if you don't count all the times I replayed the Trilogy.
Reverie wrote:
WHAT A!? and the Chicken Kitchen are forums for discussion of Hotel Dusk and Ghost Trick, titles that are quite close to our collective hearts.

Oh, I've never played either of those, so thanks for clearing that up.
Thanks for breaking down all of the other subforums as well – I might actually go and get up to speed with what's been going on around here lately.
Also, you all missed an opportunity to reference PLvsPW:AA.

The video game boy; the one who wins

Welcome! :edgey:
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Wow, that's pretty swift. And double wow, I can't believe I missed such an obvious gag. You're welcome, anyway. Hope to see you around!

Don't spoil Dual Destines please!

Hey! Hope you like it here, people are friendly here. I'm new too, so I guess that makes both of us :oops:
Die

Red string of fate tied me to manilla

Hello, I'm new here too. Nice too meet you. Let's explore this place together and badger veterans with questions. :)

Beware of the Dog

Hi there! Nice to meet another one who has their English vocabulary from Ace Attorney! (Okay, of course not my whole vocabulary, but quite a big part of it given the fact that it is a Nintendo game.) Other question: You wrote "Poland" in Katakana, are you learning Japanese too?

Winter Flag Trademark

Hello there, new member. Quite odd that you decided to write your name in Japanese Language. But hey, do you ship Edgeworth x Mia or something? Your username kinda gives a vibe of it. Asides that, welcome to the forums! Hope you have a good time!

:wave:

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

Viktoria von Karma wrote:
Other question: You wrote "Poland" in Katakana, are you learning Japanese too?

Yup! There happens to be a place where they teach Japanese in my city, so I thought why not attend it? Maybe one day I can play and understand DGS :P
Patchouli Knowledge wrote:
Quite odd that you decided to write your name in Japanese Language.

I see people here put weird things in the Location field on their profile, so I tried to come up with something odd as well. I guess I did well, hehe
Patchouli Knowledge wrote:
But hey, do you ship Edgeworth x Mia or something? Your username kinda gives a vibe of it.

Nope! It's just a parody on the famous '2edgy4me' meme. 'Edgey' sounds like 'edgy' and 'Mia' sounds kinda like 'me', so... yeah. I'm not too into shipping stuff.
Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Board index » General » Press Conference