Board index » General » Press Conference

Page 1 of 1[ 13 posts ]

Hello Court Records!Topic%20Title

Hi there, C-R community! I've been lurking around this site since 2008/2009 or so, and finally decided to sign up to join the discussions of my all-time favourite game series.

I started off the series with AA4, then went on to relive Phoenix's younger days through the original trilogy. Since then I've also played every single game in the series (even the AAI2 fan translation, which I really appreciate the amazing translation effort), barring DGS. I've also been following this site regularly for AA news, and am really looking forward to AA6 and DGS (assuming there'll be an English release, which from what I hear, is unlikely) !

I'd really love to recommend Ace Attorney to my close friends, but many seem to shun the idea of a game starring a lawyer, where you engage in "boring" courtroom sessions trying to prove someone's innocence. If anything, I'd love to hear the community's opinions on how they got started on the series (and with which game), and whether it'd be better to recommend playing Dual Destinies first? (Because imo, the first AA game is pretty boring, and if I started the series with that game I probably would never have made it past the 3rd case.)

Thanks for reading my first post, and I hope this forum will be a pleasant place for me to frequent regularly. :)
Re: Hello Court Records!Topic%20Title

Hello! Hello! *squawk*

Welcome to Court Records! Enjoy your stay.

With recommending the Ace Attorney games to others, maybe you could suggest they watch a video of the first few cases? It might get them interested enough to try the games out.

Welcome! :edgey:

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

The video game boy; the one who wins

Welcome on board! Hope you'll like it here :maya:
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Red string of fate tied me to manilla

Welcome to the forums. I hope you'll enjoy your stay.

Last edited by MoonRaven on Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

I am the swordsman of justice!

Welcome to the forums! If you like Ace Attorney then this is the place to be!
I was trying to think of a question while I was objecting, I didn't
- Edgeworth

Welcome, let's talk about Ace Attorney like mad!

ASCEND

Welcome! I actually started the series with Apollo Justice too. If you're not starting with Dual Destinies, then that's probably the best one to start with.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Welcome I hope you enjoy it here!

I'm glad to have signed up. Thank you all so much for your replies!

Welcome to the boards!
I'm a total noob and until recently I didn't understand the hype behind the AA series for the exact reason you mentioned; the idea of a game about being a lawyer sounded a little dull. But I got 2 copies of Ace Wright X Professor Layton when it released so I could play it along with my nephew. He loved Professor Layton and I really dug the idea of the mashup when they announced it in 2010. I was honestly shocked to realize I was having way more fun with the court sections of the game than the Professor Layton bits. I've since played the other games, and it's quickly become my favorite game franchise in quite a while.

I feel like AA could be marketed way better out in the west. Even though it was lauded as one of the great games on the DS by reviewers and keen gamers, I think you really need to play it to appreciate its genius :)

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Welcome to Court Records!

I'm the same! I started with Apollo Justice and worked my way back. As a result I have a real fondness for those characters (including AJ-era Phoenix) but I got into it right when AJ came out and those 4 years between that and GS5 being announced were tough. Now, though, we have DD and another Apollo Justice-involed game on the way so all that waiting's paid off.

In regards to where to start, I think either AA1 or AJ are the best places to start. I think most enjoyed AA1, so I wouldn't be too concerned about that, but on the other hand there was something great about playing AJ first and then going back. It was a really interesting way to figure out who this Phoenix guy was. So I say that AJ is just as good of a place to start as AA1 is, provided that maybe they go back and play the Original trilogy before they play DD. If I remember correctly there are more than a few references (and re-occuring characters) to those original games so it might be kind of confusing.

Hope you enjoy your time here!
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Beware of the Dog

Welcome! And hey, I also started with AJ. But I played DD before playing the first two games, and I don't think it makes that much of a difference. Though the first cases of the first game were a little boring to me compared to what I had seen before. So I would suggest starting with the first game, maybe. And if you want to show a Layton fan Ace Attorney, just make them play the crossover, and soon they will be addicted as hell (I have some experiences when it comes to that). Hope you'll enjoy your time here!
Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Board index » General » Press Conference