Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Borscht Bowl Club

Page 1 of 1[ 21 posts ]

RIP Amy WinehouseTopic%20Title

DM article.

I'm not the slightest bit surprised but it is sad. She was talented but she threw her life away to drugs. She died at just 27, the same age as such musicians as Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin.

Anyone devastated or genuinely shocked? Or do you not give a shit?

Personally I wasn't a fan. But it's sad when anyone dies, especially at such a young age and due to her own idiocy.
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

Last edited by Louise on Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Re: Amy Winehouse is dead.Topic%20Title

let's just tell them that we met in jail

Wow, my mum and sister only saw her singing on Wednesday. (iTunes Live.)

I'm not really surprised either, but I agree, it's sad.

Apparantly her dad doesn't know yet. I feel really sorry for him.
art by blue

Gone sarnet, Gunter!

I'm not really surprised, but it's still pretty shocking the fact that she died so young, and from her own actions.

I wasn't much of a fan either, but I have heard two of her songs (Back in Black, I believe it's called, and Rehab) and I kinda liked them. But anyway, there goes another talented artist dying too young. If only she would have turned her life around.

Visit my site! It's running smoothly. Just needs content!

Moving on up!

I was more surprised that she was the same age as me than at the fact she died. It's sad, but I'm not surprised. I feel bad for her friends and family.
Thanks to Blinq for the awesome sig. Click the sig, see my stuff.
Edgeworth/Maya Community. A friends, as lovers, as part of OT3s. All Welcome.
"Yeah, I wouldn't go asking random guys if you can lick their penor." crouton December 2009

I saw this, and I was shocked, infact I thought it was a joke (you know how these rumours get about sometimes). I didn't really like her music, and I had read all the headlines about her lifestyle, so I can't say she didn't have it coming. Of course, this doesn't mean it isn't sad, and she was only 27. She has been slowly killing herself for years now. It must have been painful for her friends and family to see. They have my sympathy.

Call me James

samboo1 wrote:
I saw this, and I was shocked, infact I thought it was a joke (you know how these rumours get about sometimes). I didn't really like her music, and I had read all the headlines about her lifestyle, so I can't say she didn't have it coming. Of course, this doesn't mean it isn't sad, and she was only 27. She has been slowly killing herself for years now. It must have been painful for her friends and family to see. They have my sympathy.

Seconded. Sums up my opinion exactly.
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

A True English Diva-To-Be <3

I was really saddened when I found out- she was talented and it seems such a waste that she died so young... Though I probably shouldn't be surprised, given her lifestyle, I've got to admit of all the things I was expecting to see on the news today, this wasn't one of them~
Click on Janice for graphics ^^

ケーキたん(仮)

First, I just want to thank you guys for not being idiots that say "who carez about amy norway is 100243580348x more important"

Second, I'm pretty mad by her death. Yes, she did pretty much throw her life away and she had it coming yada yada, but I hate to see such a waste of talent, especially someone as talented(and refreshing) as her.

Zoinks

CriminalDamage wrote:
Apparantly her dad doesn't know yet. I feel really sorry for him.

Think he had already prepared himself for the inevitable: didn't he write a eulogy last year or something? Jesus Christ.

Anyway, definitely a great loss to the music world. Whether self-inflicted or not, fact of the matter is no one deserves to die so young. RIP.

johnny rainbow wrote:
First, I just want to thank you guys for not being idiots that say "who carez about amy norway is 100243580348x more important"

Also this. So much this.
3DS Friend Code: 5129-1407-0950

| -#courtrecords- | -Last.fm- | -Twitter- |

Another member of club 27 I guess.. huh..

Personally I thought it was sadder to see her appear drunk and high everywhere, getting skinnier and skinnier and slowly killing herself. Not saying that her death isn't sad, but at least now she, and the people around her can stop living in pain.
Latest game update: 25/03/11
If anyone is interested in helping me with the script, please PM me.
UPDATE: Case 2 preview: http://www.4shared.com/video/JAKBIUPG/AAJAD2.html
Re: RIP Amy WinehouseTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Personally I think it's what she deserved considering her lifestyle though I do wish she'd taken better care of her health as it's never nice really losing people from the world.

I don't quite think it's front page news though the papers prove me wrong.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
Personally I think it's what she deserved considering her lifestyle though I do wish she'd taken better care of her health as it's never nice really losing people from the world.

Whu..? Being a junkie doesn't mean you deserve to die :yogi: it was obvious that she was going to die young thanks to her lifestyle but that doesn't mean she deserved it.

Like I've said before, I'm not really a fan but she's pretty much an icon of British music to a lot of people, it's inevitable that it'd be front page news.
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

I never heard of her until she died, but I still think it's sad.

Gettin' Old!

.:looby:. wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Whu..? Being a junkie doesn't mean you deserve to die :yogi: it was obvious that she was going to die young thanks to her lifestyle but that doesn't mean she deserved it.

Like I've said before, I'm not really a fan but she's pretty much an icon of British music to a lot of people, it's inevitable that it'd be front page news.

Maybe I misphrased it.
I mean she brought it upon herself.

I'm not meaning to say all junkies deserve to die I don't even know if she was a heavy 'junkie' or a casual user didn't care enough about her but you take drugs you take risks, she should've known.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

SMASHING DAY FOR A BARBEQUE.

I was genuinely sad when I heard she died. She had such a strong and powerful voice, and her lyrics actually meant something.
People who say she deserved to die are just stupid. No-one deserves to die, really.

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

I knew this would happen either last year or this one. And it's a damn pity, Winehouse was very talented, her music was mostly excellent.

Rest in peace.

The Real Human Being

DM article.

I'm not the slightest bit surprised but it is sad. She was talented but she threw her life away to drugs. She died at just 27, the same age as such musicians as Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin.

Personally I wasn't a fan. But it's sad when anyone dies, especially at such a young age and due to her own idiocy.

How any years till Justin Beiber and Rebecca Black turn 27?

2 s00n?

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

DoMaya wrote:
DM article.

How any years till Justin Beiber and Rebecca Black turn 27?

2 s00n?

The difference is Brian Jones, Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison and Amy Winehouse were talented musicians, some more than others. Justin Beiber and Rebecca Black are untalented cash cows. I'm not saying Jones, Cobain, Morrison, Winehouse, Hendrix and Joplin weren't commercial, they all were to some extent, but the comparison is impossible.

I understand your intentions, it's just cringe-worthy to compare the members of the 27 Club with those two. Hopefully Beiber and Black open a new club for extremely untalented commercial musicians that die at a young age... say, like the 17 Club.

Idol of Polar Bears

She was talented but she threw her life away to drugs.

Anyone genuinely shocked?

Not even the slightest bit.

To quote Soundgarden: "She lived like a murder but she died just like suicide."

rock on rebel warriors

DeMatador wrote:
the 17 Club.

:I
alles ist scheisse

:)

I've got both of her albums and I think they're both class. I had a feeling that she would die young because of her lifestyle but I think it's sad it happened just when she was starting to get her life back on track.
Page 1 of 1 [ 21 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Borscht Bowl Club