Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Borscht Bowl Club

Page 1 of 1[ 25 posts ]

Best Gig Of Your LifeTopic%20Title

i feel pretty

For me, surprisingly, it was actually Linkin Park at Projekt Revolution '08. Which is weird, because i'm not really a big fan of LP. I was mainly going for Enter Shikari and IPS. (Enter Shikari probably place second on "Best Gig" for me, although which time is something i'm unsure of...)

It was just stunning. It truly was. Somehow, the entire performance fit in perfectly with the enviroment. There was a beautiful sunset going down as they played, which really brought out their more ballady songs, particularly "Leave Out All The Rest", which is a song I never really liked before. They then ended with a 5-song encore, ending with an AMAZING "Bleed It Out", stretched out to roughly 3X its regular length.

Hell, no wonder they made it into a live album. Although the album doesn't even come close. You really had to be there.
Re: Best Gig Of Your LifeTopic%20Title

キラキラ ♥

Best concert youve ever been to i guess?

Smile D.K.
Last year anime con in my city.
twas friggin awesome.

"Maka.... CHOP!"

Muse at the NEC, Birmingham - 14 Nov '06.

Hands down the best I've ever experienced. The stage, the sound, the set list... the whole thing was just brilliant.
"Kenzen naru tamashii wa, Kenzen naru seishin to. Kenzen naru nikutai ni yadoru."

stirring

Animal Collective at the Rialto Theater was hands down the greatest concert I've ever been to. It was undescribable as an experience and it was rather inspirational as a musician to see this combination of acoustic, electronic, and computers up there on stage at once in this crazy fucking show.
If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy

My OTP of OTP's. <3

Black-Harmonia wrote:

Smile D.K.
twas friggin awesome.

*is totally jealous* Seriously. Haha. ^_^;;

Mmm, let's see. I've been to quite a few concerts, mostly when I was in high school and college. But I'd have to say that the best shows I've been to are:

1) Smashing Pumpkins, probably back in '95. Just freaking AMAZING. Oh man. I saw them shortly after they released Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness, and... I just can't describe the incredibleness of that show. It was magnificent.

2) Catherine Wheel, maybe in '96 or '97? Oh my god... FREAKING ORGASMIC. Seriously. Such an incredible (but underrated) band. Some of the things they do with guitars and effects are just fucking amazing.

3) Lollapalooza '94. I honestly can't remember that much from this concert for some reason, but I do remember seeing awesomeness like the Smashing Pumpkins, the Breeders, the Beastie Boys and much more. It was an incredible experience. (No, I was not on any drugs or anything, I was happily straight-edge, thank you. XD)

4) The Verve back in maybe... '97? The Verve are freaking incredible. And even more so live. Period.

Um, that's all I can think of for now. XD

But out of all those, I would have to say that Catherine Wheel was the most amazing out of all of them. ^_^
Thanks to .•°٭blinq٭°•. for the lovely sig. ♥
"Note to Self: Don't get in crouton's way when it comes to Edgeworth. She WILL bite." - PhoenixFire

spr fckn srs peepz

Gonna have to answer the only show I've ever been to :

Quo Vadis, MusiquePlus interview, 2000.

It was indeed fun except I thought one of the guys was gonna shank me as we were the only two left in the pit and since I'm not a complete pussy and neither was he we didn't want to back down. But it all went cool and we went on to listen to our death metal.

Fuckers didn't even take the "So This Is Christmas" request though. That really would ahve made a memorable show. Especially since they have done it before.
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.

"Maka.... CHOP!"

crouton wrote:
1) Smashing Pumpkins, probably back in '95. Just freaking AMAZING. Oh man. I saw them shortly after they released Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness, and... I just can't describe the incredibleness of that show. It was magnificent.

WHAAAT?! I wish I could have seen Smashing Pumpkins. *insanely jealous* ;__;
"Kenzen naru tamashii wa, Kenzen naru seishin to. Kenzen naru nikutai ni yadoru."

i feel pretty

maka wrote:
crouton wrote:

Yeah, nowadays they're just going to play all the crap from there new alubm.

spr fckn srs peepz

Lind_L_Tailor wrote:
maka wrote:
crouton wrote:

Yeah, nowadays they're just going to play all the crap from there new alubm.

As opposed to all the crap from their older ones?
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.

i feel pretty

Wrestler Hatman wrote:
Billy Corgan is better than me at everything including arts & crafts & the guitar, I have no friends.

Fix'd.

let's just tell them that we met in jail

um ... i havn't really been to that many gigs ^^;; but so far it's ...

1) All American Rejects at the Roundhouse. definatly. the sound ... the lights ... the music ... *faints*
2) Fightstar, same venue. awesome.
3) Young Guns. WHOOP!
4) Swound! @ R1BW ;)
5) The King Blues ^^
6) Radio 1's Big Weekend 09 XD
7) That guides Big Gig thing ... with Scouting for Girls ... and the Hoosiers ...
8) Lol, the Zutons. the only reason why it's not furthur up is cos it was on the same day as my friends funeral ... :sadshoe:

moar later.
art by blue

LOL I've never seen a real band live before.

All I've seen is my dads bands and a Judas Priest tribute act (which was great by the way) XD
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

let's just tell them that we met in jail

Oh yeah, and a Pink Floyd tribute act doing The Wall.
art by blue

no, nothing

animal collective at the electric factory

it was an intense experience. it was like a huge rave, except with music that's worth listening to

My OTP of OTP's. <3

loobywright wrote:
LOL I've never seen a real band live before.

All I've seen is my dads bands and a Judas Priest tribute act (which was great by the way) XD

Poor Looby. ^_^;;

maka wrote:

Aww!! *pets*
Thanks to .•°٭blinq٭°•. for the lovely sig. ♥
"Note to Self: Don't get in crouton's way when it comes to Edgeworth. She WILL bite." - PhoenixFire

:)

Seen Busted a few years ago and they were great.

Dahlia x Kristoph supporter.

crouton wrote:

:beef: LUCKY.
Sig by me.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOWAKANA.

I'm about to tell this guy!

This new venue opened up in my town late last year and John Legend came through. Me and three of my friends got to meet him and get pictures at the end of the show because we were going wild to every song whereas most of the people around us were straight staying in their seats.
Spoiler: See?

As far as the show itself, this was just a few months after Evolver came out, so as expected he sang most of the songs that were on Evolver. Funny thing about Mr. John Legend is, all of his songs sound better live. No joke, his voice just sounds that much more clear and polished when he sings live. You know Good Morning? You know the high note at the end of the bridge? When he hit that note, I felt like I could walk outside and get myself hit by a car and still Id be alright with how my life turned out.

The encore was of epic proportions, also. He started with his famous piano ballad Ordinary People, and followed it with the finale track from Evolver, If Youre Out There. Everyone in the crowd really got into the last two songs, which was good. Just being in a setting where everyone is singing along to the same thing is really moving and whatnot. Anyway yeah we stuck around, got to meet the guy. I addressed him as Mr. John Legend Sir, and told him I was his biggest fan. He chuckled. Lol.
Thats about it.

spr fckn srs peepz

I GUESS I could have said this Doors tribute band.

But I was stoned out of my mind.

no, nothing

either that animal collective set or boris with fursaxa and damon & naomi

which was just incredible. at the time i didn't really appreciate fursaxa, but she was really fucking good. boris played stuff off of rainbow mostly, since it was their rainbow tour, and it was just great. the crowd was mostly people who really appreciated their slower tracks, and i just really enjoyed myself.

also,

GANTALITY!

Gozu wrote:
animal collective at the electric factory

it was an intense experience. it was like a huge rave, except with music that's worth listening to

That statement made my brain stall like a computer processing an illogical arguement. Surreal.

I'm not a huge gig goer, I do enjoy alot of local gigs but they just melt into one in my memory. Will likely have to update this in august.
"So apparently P/I fan + Insecurity + airheadedness + strange kinks + bad grasp of reality + over eagerness = bad user........." D= /D\

Get Funky, +10 Pulchritude

muse, live at wembley stadium. i lost my voice for the next few days.

Robo-Aly

Black-Harmonia wrote:

Smile D.K.
twas friggin awesome.

You're from Seattle?

I saw Girugamesh at Sakura-Con, which was quite wonderful.

I just wish that I had actually liked the Dresden Dolls at the time that I saw them live :(

she loves stars

Metric, in Coventry. The club put them in a sideroom for reasons best known to themselves, but my friend and I took up residence on the front row. The warm up "act" was terrible, worst DJ ever, but when Metric came on... They were amazing, I'm a little bit in love with the entire band. Emily Haines held my hand - I was the first person she did that to! And then when she was high-fiving the front row, she realised she'd missed my friend out, and went back to high five her. They're amazing live, they did almost the entire new album, and a few of their older songs (including Empty, which is my favourite song by them and made me die a little with happiness)

...the video of them doing Help I'm Alive used to be on YouTube and you could see my fist in it (and hear me singing along in parts) but apparently the user has taken it down. Screw you, user.

They'd also pre-signed all the posters, which is kinda adorable (would've preferred to have met them, mind. Not that I would've been able to say anything other than "oh god you're my favourite band can I take the drummer home with me?")

Best band I've ever seen, hands down (they don't have a huge amount of competition, admittedly, but still)

Apply directly to the forehead

Location: New Mexico (If you can find any more empty space, your in Paris Hilton's brain)

Thievery Corporation's Set- Cochella 09'
I did not know any of their music when I saw them but they were the best band of the night :keiko:
Page 1 of 1 [ 25 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Borscht Bowl Club