Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Borscht Bowl Club

Page 1 of 3[ 104 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

The BeatlesTopic%20Title

Clang Clang

Tried checking your search engine to see if there were any topics. I found none specifically about the Beatles, so I decided to make one. If you can't tell by my username, I am a huge Beatles fan. I grew up listening to it, and I still love it today.

Discuss everything from Charles Manson to Let it Be. Hell even Joe Crocker is fine, just as long as it's somewhat related to the Beatles.
Image Image
Re: The BeatlesTopic%20Title

The Robert Downey Jr. Of Cookies

The Beatles are horrifically overrated.
WARNING: My dA may contain swearing, bad fanart, and gratuitous lesbianism.
BTW, GIVE GUMSHOE SOME GODDAMN MONEY, BITCHES

Get Funky, +10 Pulchritude

Anna Cassidy wrote:

how so?

The Robert Downey Jr. Of Cookies

L_J wrote:
Anna Cassidy wrote:

how so?

I just don't think they're OMFG THE BEST BAND EVER!!! like everyone else makes them out to be. I mean, they're not BAD, and they were undeniably influential, but they're not as good as people say they are, IMO.
WARNING: My dA may contain swearing, bad fanart, and gratuitous lesbianism.
BTW, GIVE GUMSHOE SOME GODDAMN MONEY, BITCHES

Anna Cassidy wrote:
L_J wrote:
Anna Cassidy wrote:

how so?

I just don't think they're OMFG THE BEST BAND EVER!!! like everyone else makes them out to be. I mean, they're not BAD, and they were undeniably influential, but they're not as good as people say they are, IMO.

yeah, i can understand that. it's all what you prefer personally though, i think they're well deserving of their reputation.

Komikero

To be honest a lot of their songs are High Octane Nightmare Fuel for me.

I'm a professional comic artist and illustrator. Click on the above logo to visit my official website.

Clang Clang

Anna Cassidy wrote:

I agree; and though I'm a huge fan of them, I can see why you say that. Everyone seems to think that every single song they make is automatically gold. After "The White Album", every album got worse from then on. Yellow Submarine wasn't that bad, but Abbey Road's only hits were 'Come Together', 'Here Comes the Sun' and 'Maxwell's Silver Hammer'. As for 'Let it Be', It's main track is the only good track.
Image Image

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

MaxwellsSilverHammer wrote:
Anna Cassidy wrote:

I agree; and though I'm a huge fan of them, I can see why you say that. Everyone seems to think that every single song they make is automatically gold. After "The White Album", every album got worse from then on. Yellow Submarine wasn't that bad, but Abbey Road's only hits were 'Come Together', 'Here Comes the Sun' and 'Maxwell's Silver Hammer'. As for 'Let it Be', It's main track is the only good track.

I don't agree with them being that overrated. They may be overrated, but by people who don't bother listening to most of their work. If you actually listen to all of it, Anna, then you would realize they deserve most of it.
But anyway, I don't trust words such as "overrated". I rather try it and stay with my opinion than read what other people think of it (who knows if their critic is well studied, maybe they just listened to "Why don't we do it on the road", and automathically said "The Beatles suck").

Personally, I really like the classics, but some "modern" songs (say, from the White Album onwards) are superb.
The instrumental side of Yellow Submarine is amazing, too.
Some people don't seem to like it, but I find "Get Back" an awesome song.
But yeah, Maxwell, I agree; after the White Album they just got worse, if you compare them to their previous albums, of course.

Clang Clang

DeMatador wrote:
Personally, I really like the classics, but some "modern" songs (say, from the White Album onwards) are superb.
The instrumental side of Yellow Submarine is amazing, too.
Some people don't seem to like it, but I find "Get Back" an awesome song.
But yeah, Maxwell, I agree; after the White Album they just got worse, if you compare them to their previous albums, of course.

I can't believe I forgot 'Get Back'. That was also a pretty good track.
Image Image

dare i mention the paul mccartney conspiracy theory?

Shake it up, baby, now, TWIST AND SHOUT!

The Beatles are the best band ever. They changed music.
I love them.

Also the Paul McCartney conspiracy. I don't believe it, but I must say it carries more clout than all the others put together.

I mean: Image

But then there are so many other pics where the expressions are identical.

But they are the best musicians ever. Especially before they went all Hare Krishna and experimental.

Soooo many iconic and amazing songs. I can't pick my favourite, ever because I always think of about 10.

EDIT:

The Beatles? In Leather? PHWOAAARRR

What is my liiiife?!?

I can't see how people can prefer the white album to Abbey Road.

stirring

Especially since The White Album is largely garbage.

The latter half of Abbey Road, the You Never Give Me Your Money-The End Suite is basically the best thing the Beatles ever put together. It's excellent.

I find the rest of their discography largely uninteresting.

Pet Sounds is a better pop album than anything the Beatles released under the pop spectrum and their work from Revolver onwards bores me.
If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy

Zoinks

Not my thing for the most part, but I like a few songs here and there; mostly their bluesy stuff.
3DS Friend Code: 5129-1407-0950

| -#courtrecords- | -Last.fm- | -Twitter- |

Mr. Step-ladder

I just got into The Beatles (Thank you Rock Band.), always heard their stuff being thrown about. I've heard plenty of McCartney. I know what happened to Lennon. I still love Ringo. I barely know anything about Harrison.

But I never got into The Beatles.

Though now I'm slowly paying for that, by blasting some remastered tracks with my fake axe.
Always strive to improve, not compare to others! - Arkillian
Purple Angel wins infinity cookies for this signiture! Who may come back soon!

Attorney at Lawl

After "The White Album", every album got worse from then on. Yellow Submarine wasn't that bad, but Abbey Road's only hits were 'Come Together', 'Here Comes the Sun' and 'Maxwell's Silver Hammer'. As for 'Let it Be', It's main track is the only good track.

How could you forget Something on Abbey Road? And the entire medley was great. Across the Universe on Let it Be?

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Spiker wrote:
After "The White Album", every album got worse from then on. Yellow Submarine wasn't that bad, but Abbey Road's only hits were 'Come Together', 'Here Comes the Sun' and 'Maxwell's Silver Hammer'. As for 'Let it Be', It's main track is the only good track.

How could you forget Something on Abbey Road? And the entire medley was great. Across the Universe on Let it Be?

And Get Back. Please don't forget Get Back.

Attorney at Lawl

DeMatador wrote:
Spiker wrote:

And Get Back. Please don't forget Get Back.

Of course! But the OP already mentioned Get Back right after.
I like a whole bunch of songs on Let it Be, but I'm trying to target the ones everybody knows. Two of Us, For You Blue and I Me Mine are some of my favourites.

Idol of Polar Bears

The Beatles discography is way overrated especially Sgt. Pepper's. How many among this generation can say they honestly love the Beatles if they didn't take music magazine hyperbole and word-of-mouth testimony so reverently? They may be noted for their influence by music scholars but their historical significance is largely lost on people who didn't get to experience them in their 1960's heyday.

Although, The Beatles did bring popularity to Ringo Starr who was the best Mr. Conductor that Thomas The Tank Engine and Friends ever had.

/人◕‿‿◕人\

...are awesome.
~Fanfiction~
"No. Men should die for lies. But the truth is too precious to die for."
-Terry Pratchett, Small Gods

Louco é quem me diz e não é feliz

I need a strange help concerning the Beatles
Here's the thing: at 5min and 35s approximately of Hey Jude, you will hear someone screaming something right after the "naaa na na nanana naaa". What the guy is saying? (I'll explain the brazilian theory of this guy screaming later)

Eduds wrote:
I need a strange help concerning the Beatles
Here's the thing: at 5min and 35s approximately of Hey Jude, you will hear someone screaming something right after the "naaa na na nanana naaa". What the guy is saying? (I'll explain the brazilian theory of this guy screaming later)

...I can't make it out. I hear someone, but I can't make out what he is saying.

Brazilian theory? Please, explain.

Don't know about that one, but I know at 2:55 John shouts "Got the wrong CHORD." and a couple of counts later McCartney says "F**king hell."

The Brazilian, by which I think you mean Portuguese, theory is that he says "Pega o cavaquinho", meaning "Take the cavaquinho" (Cavaquinho meaning a kind of 4 string acoustic guitar)

Louco é quem me diz e não é feliz

There is more: a few people say that the guy is screaming "pain won't come back, jude"
Spoiler: the best translation for "pega o cavaquinho" is "grab the ukele"
John has a cavaquinho

I'm the master of something

Mr. Bear Jew wrote:
The Beatles discography is way overrated especially Sgt. Pepper's. How many among this generation can say they honestly love the Beatles if they didn't take music magazine hyperbole and word-of-mouth testimony so reverently? They may be noted for their influence by music scholars but their historical significance is largely lost on people who didn't get to experience them in their 1960's heyday.

Although, The Beatles did bring popularity to Ringo Starr who was the best Mr. Conductor that Thomas The Tank Engine and Friends ever had.

I personally just enjoy their music. Them being so widely praised and stuff turned me off of them for sometime until I gave more of their songs a chance.
And yeah. Sgt. Pepper's was not anywhere near as amazing as most people try to claim, except for possibly A Day In The Life.

The Beatles=awesome.

Kidz Bop singing The Beatles' songs= :beef:

I got the Beatles remastered box-set (stereo) and have now listened to every album. OH WHAT A JOY!

The Rock and Roll of Please Please Me, With The Beatles and a Hard Day's Night is rough and ready, a real emotive outpouring. Beatles for sale, Rubber Soul and Revolver show a more mature band, with real production value and really show off their musical prowess over their screaming rock. Help is filled with decent songs (Yesterday is a highlight), but is a dip in form and a return to the rougher side.
Sgt Pepper is a standalone high, truly a masterpiece from the opening medley with "A little help from my friends" through to the ending medley of the Sgt Pepper Reprise and A Day in the Life - the song that most shows the wacky yet wonderful direction in which they are going. This was well worth its #1 spot in Rolling Stones Top 500 albums of all time list.
Magical Mystery tour is the aural embodiment of an acid trip. I am the Walrus and Strawberry Fields fill your head with spinning colours. It certainly has an effect on the listener, but in a veeery strange way.
The Beatles (white album) is a funny one. I don't know where I stand with it. There are great parts (Revolution 1, Back in the U.S.S.R, Blackbird and Helter Skelter), but a lot seems like whimsical wafty fillers and the remaining being truly scary in their weirdness. Revolution 9 is not a track I ever wanted to hear in full surround stereo. It does sound better than in scratchy mono though. You can make sense of what's happening at least.
Yellow submarine is a bit of a stinker. Only 4 new tracks, 2 more were old, and the second side is all Orchestral Score from the animated film.
Then Abbey Road. I've always criticised this album as overrated, but wow. I'd never heard it all the way through, and that's the only way to do it. Side two is one big medley. It's AMAZING. The whole first side is truly astonishing too, each song could have been a hit single.
Let it Be, the final studio album is like the Beatles unplugged. It's back to basics for the Beatles performances, then heavily produced to make it into one hell of a send-off, reminiscent of the early Beatles through to Sgt Pepper.
Then there's the piece-de-resistance. The Past Masters. The Beatles Singles were rarely included in their albums (apart from Abbey Road), and those that were were very different in their arrangement. Hey Jude, for example, was never released on an album, only 7" Single.

"Love Me Do"
"From Me to You"
"She Loves You"
"I Want to Hold Your Hand"
"This Boy"
"Day Tripper" (
"We Can Work It Out"
"Paperback Writer"
"Lady Madonna"
"Hey Jude"
"Revolution"
"Get Back"
"Don't Let Me Down"
"Across the Universe"
"Let It Be"

These are just some of the songs on the Past Masters. WOW.

Get it. Worth the £160.

Ultimate Prosecutor wrote:
I got the Beatles remastered box-set (stereo) and have now listened to every album. OH WHAT A JOY!

The Rock and Roll of Please Please Me, With The Beatles and a Hard Day's Night is rough and ready, a real emotive outpouring. Beatles for sale, Rubber Soul and Revolver show a more mature band, with real production value and really show off their musical prowess over their screaming rock. Help is filled with decent songs (Yesterday is a highlight), but is a dip in form and a return to the rougher side.
Sgt Pepper is a standalone high, truly a masterpiece from the opening medley with "A little help from my friends" through to the ending medley of the Sgt Pepper Reprise and A Day in the Life - the song that most shows the wacky yet wonderful direction in which they are going. This was well worth its #1 spot in Rolling Stones Top 500 albums of all time list.
Magical Mystery tour is the aural embodiment of an acid trip. I am the Walrus and Strawberry Fields fill your head with spinning colours. It certainly has an effect on the listener, but in a veeery strange way.
The Beatles (white album) is a funny one. I don't know where I stand with it. There are great parts (Revolution 1, Back in the U.S.S.R, Blackbird and Helter Skelter), but a lot seems like whimsical wafty fillers and the remaining being truly scary in their weirdness. Revolution 9 is not a track I ever wanted to hear in full surround stereo. It does sound better than in scratchy mono though. You can make sense of what's happening at least.
Yellow submarine is a bit of a stinker. Only 4 new tracks, 2 more were old, and the second side is all Orchestral Score from the animated film.
Then Abbey Road. I've always criticised this album as overrated, but wow. I'd never heard it all the way through, and that's the only way to do it. Side two is one big medley. It's AMAZING. The whole first side is truly astonishing too, each song could have been a hit single.
Let it Be, the final studio album is like the Beatles unplugged. It's back to basics for the Beatles performances, then heavily produced to make it into one hell of a send-off, reminiscent of the early Beatles through to Sgt Pepper.
Then there's the piece-de-resistance. The Past Masters. The Beatles Singles were rarely included in their albums (apart from Abbey Road), and those that were were very different in their arrangement. Hey Jude, for example, was never released on an album, only 7" Single.

"Love Me Do"
"From Me to You"
"She Loves You"
"I Want to Hold Your Hand"
"This Boy"
"Day Tripper" (
"We Can Work It Out"
"Paperback Writer"
"Lady Madonna"
"Hey Jude"
"Revolution"
"Get Back"
"Don't Let Me Down"
"Across the Universe"
"Let It Be"

These are just some of the songs on the Past Masters. WOW.

Get it. Worth the £160.

Somebody please lock this so nothing else can be posted.

I never nodded so many times while reading a post.

:D

Also, fucking filters. aI can't even understand what aI said, and aI wrote it.

"Me, Myself, and I don't know (yes we really know) potato Me, Myself, and I stand with it." WHAT THE FUCK MAN. This is WORSE than Revolution 9.

"Me, Myself, and I desu teh Walrus" Just.... stoooop! :grey:

They took some honey, from a tree...

All this talk about Let It Be, and not a single mention of One After 909? It's such a kick-ass track! I mean, yeah, I love Get Back...but One After 909 is just so good that it even makes me want to dance!

Abbey Road is probably one of the only albums in which I like all the songs in it. And the Side B medley...phwoar! And Her Majesty to top it off. Lovely! Rubber Soul is the other album, from the Beep Beeps of Drive My Car, the country blues of What Goes On and the creepy stalker song of Run For Your Life, it never fails to sound great!

I'm not fond of a few of their songs from The White Album. Off the top of my head, I love Back In The U.S.S.R, Dear Prudence, Helter Skelter, Birthday, Piggies, Blackbird, Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da and Glass Onion...but don't you come near me with Revolution #9. Utter garbage in my opinion. The only good Revolution is the singles version for me.

I'd also like to see a remastered release of the Magical Mystery Tour film and the Let It Be film. But I doubt they'll be out until Paul and Ringo cop it. I just want to see the Your Mother Should Know show-tune in high quality, dammit!

Colonel Olrik wrote:
All this talk about Let It Be, and not a single mention of One After 909? It's such a kick-ass track! I mean, yeah, I love Get Back...but One After 909 is just so good that it even makes me want to dance!

Agreed. Not better than Get Back IMO, but a kick-ass track indeed.
The first time I heard One After 909, I asked my dad "Is this really from The Beatles?" (he's a huge Beatles fan too). He nodded, and asked why I had asked him that. I told him that I had heard so many covers of that song, that I really didn't know who it was from. I was surprised to hear that it was from the Fab-Four. It made me like them even more.

Colonel Olrik wrote:
Abbey Road is probably one of the only albums in which I like all the songs in it. And the Side B medley...phwoar! And Her Majesty to top it off. Lovely!

AGREED.

Colonel Olrik wrote:
Rubber Soul is the other album, from the Beep Beeps of Drive My Car, the country blues of What Goes On and the creepy stalker song of Run For Your Life, it never fails to sound great!

Oh GOD AGREED.

Colonel Olrik wrote:
I'm not fond of a few of their songs from The White Album. Off the top of my head, I love Back In The U.S.S.R, Dear Prudence, Helter Skelter, Birthday, Piggies, Blackbird, Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da and Glass Onion...

JESUS CHRIST YOU'RE SO RIGHT I-

Colonel Olrik wrote:
but don't you come near me with Revolution #9. Utter garbage in my opinion. The only good Revolution is the singles version for me.

You screwed it up here.

DeMatador wrote:
Colonel Olrik wrote:
but don't you come near me with Revolution #9. Utter garbage in my opinion. The only good Revolution is the singles version for me.

You screwed it up here.

Sorry, I just...don't like it much. I mean I can appreciate how people might like it, and I like reciting "NUMBER NINE" whenever someone says "Question Number 9"...but as a song, I'm not really fond of listening to it all the way through. Perhaps "garbage" was too strong a word to use; I think I should say "It's a song I just don't 'get'."

But the Single Version of Revolution is incredible! Especially the one they played live! Much more lively!

Other personal favourites of mine include In My Life and Lovely Rita; mostly for the epic piano solos they both have. Solos I am attempting to learn! I can pretty much play the proper chords for Fixing A Hole all the way through.

Agree with you, the Single of Revolution is the best by far. Revolution 1 is too slow and Revolution 9 is just... EUGH.

Love The One After 909, it's great, but not as good as Get Back (which I've just learned to play on the guitar)

In My Life is an ASTONISHING track. One of my current favourites. Good luck with the Piano solo, George martin couldn't even play it, so he played it slower and an octave down and then sped up the tape to give it the fast harpsichord-esque sound.
Rubber Soul is definitely an underrated album. Drive my Car, Norwegian Wood and In My Life are the highlights, but it's brilliant all the way through.

I've also learned Hey Jude on the Piano. NICE.

Hey, did you say Hey Jude on the piano??? I couldn't find the sheet music :edgeworth: I'm a real Beatles freak!!! Yes I know nobody been on this topic since april, I just had to post something... :sadshoe:

Ultimate Prosecutor wrote:
Rubber Soul is definitely an underrated album. Drive my Car, Norwegian Wood and In My Life are the highlights, but it's brilliant all the way through.

Absolutely agreed. Rubber Soul is just a tiny step under Revolver in my Beatles album ranking. Why? Well,

1) Drive My Car is evidence that The Beatles knew how to start their albums... or simply that all Beatles album-starters turn into classics. Happened with, in order of appearance, I Saw Her Standing There, It Won't Be Long, A Hard Day's Night, No Reply, Help!, Drive My Car, Taxman, Magical Mystery Tour, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Julia, Birthday (btw, Paul sang this to Ringo on his 70th birthday, two days ago; not even Ringo knew :D), Come Together and Two of Us.
2) Norwegian Wood is an amazing way to mix folk-ish chords with a sitar. In fact, I'm pretty sure this was the first time it's ever done. After all, The Beatles were known for their use of the sitar starting on Rubber Soul. And since this is the first track to use it in (at least in order of playback), we can safely say that Norwegian Wood is a huge part of The Beatles' history.
3) You Won't See Me is a classic Beatles song, IMO. One of their last, in fact, since after Rubber Soul and Revolver they flew away from this kind of romantic songs. It's kind of a transition between 1964 Beatles and 1968 Beatles.
4) Nowhere Man is... Oh God, incredible. Love the lyrics, the music, everything. Can't even describe how awesome it is. Awesome as in transporting. Probably the first time Lennon composed about philosophical stuff, and that's just plain awesome. Another one of Lennon's classics. A must-see of this song is during Yellow Submarine (the 1968 film). I hope they bring it back for the 2012 remake.
5) Think For Yourself, another great song. The chorus is extremely catchy. The song itself feels like a mixture between 1964 Beatles and 1968 Beatles, with the former showing during the chorus, and the latter during the rest of the song.
6) The Word sounds like an infomertial, and that's hilarious. Another great but underrated track. I mean, nobody ever mentions it, although it deserves to be treated as the classic it is. Meh, this album's so filled with classics that some get eventually forgotten, I suppose...
7) Michelle is just one of the most beautiful ballads I have ever heard. Light-hearted but not too much, one of McCartney's best. I don't really think any other artist would be able to make this song sound like McCartney did and does. Not even close.
8) What Goes On is something I can't quite get: it's a country song from top to bottom... but I like it. P.S., Ringo could have been a country singer and gotten away with it.
9) Girl sounds a lot like Michelle, but quite doesn't get there. IMO, it's kinda like Lennon's take on Michelle. Nothing else. I do like it, but it's not a favourite of mine, nor an album highlight. Just a solid track.
10) I'm Looking Through You is another solid but not highlightable track. If it weren't for its frantic guitar parts (which kinda sound out of place), it would be the most boring Beatles track ever.
11) In My Life is a beatufiul, beautiful, beautiful song. All of it. Some people consider it the best The Beatles song ever made. Personally, I don't share this, but if I had to choose a best Beatles track, it would be up there, top 5 or top 10. Just because of the beauty of it. I don't really find what's ASTONISHING, as UP described it, but I do think it's a beautiful song. If it was due to the solo, then maybe. That solo's mad.
12) Wait is a nice wink to the old Beatles, before the transition that begins around here and makes its strongest turn at the White Album. Although, it's another one of those tracks that only works because of Lennon and McCartney's voices. I don't see it working with any other kind of voices. Still, a solid track.
13) If I Needed Someone... I 'unno, it's just another good track that isn't better because it's sorrounded by such amazing tracks like Drive My Car, Norwegian Wood, Nowhere Man, The Word, Michelle and In My Life. Tracks like these are why Rubber Soul isn't my favourite Beatles album: its (the album's) overall quality is very high, but not all of its tracks are as good. Unlike Abbey Road or Sgt. Pepper's.
14) Run For Your Life is catchy as hell. Another excellent track. The "that's the end" makes me smile every time I listen to it. Must be because of the way the "end" is pronounced. So awesome.

All in all, a rain of classics with overshadowed great tracks that just can't be appreciated enough with the greatness of the highlight tracks. Kinda what happened to Revolver, just that Rubber Soul had less hits, while Revolver had "Taxman", "Eleanor Rigby", "Here, There and Everywhere" (IMO, sounds like "In My Life" 2, but not as good), "Yellow Submarine", "Good Day Sunshine", "And Your Bird Can Sing", "Doctor Robert", "Got To Get You Into My Life" and "Tomorrow Never Knows". That's 9 hits from 14 tracks. While we could say Rubber Soul had 5 or 6, out of also 14.

Here would be a list of reasons why almost every track in Revolver is amazing, but I'm too lazy for that right now. Maybe later.

Fabulous post, DeMatador. Pretty much sums up my thoughts on Rubber Soul!

I love You Won't See Me, though. It's a joy to play on the piano, and Ringo's little drum fills (Like the one before "We have lost the time".)
Really nice, but simple rolls that don't have to be extremely fast or difficult to perfectly complement the song!

A True English Diva-To-Be <3

I have to agree- Rubber Soul is an excellent album, probably one of my favourites~ Buuut, I differ in that "I'm Looking Through You" has to be one of my favourite Beatles songs- possibly because it reminds me of a friend who I definitely feel I'm looking through at the moment ^^

Veering slightly off topic of discussion, saw Paul play Hyde Park a few weeks ago, The man's still got it <3 A three and a quarter hour set with two encores at the age of 68, not to mention being an amazing stage presence- it's quite a achievement :3
Click on Janice for graphics ^^

PandaPrinzessin wrote:
I have to agree- Rubber Soul is an excellent album, probably one of my favourites~ Buuut, I differ in that "I'm Looking Through You" has to be one of my favourite Beatles songs- possibly because it reminds me of a friend who I definitely feel I'm looking through at the moment ^^

Veering slightly off topic of discussion, saw Paul play Hyde Park a few weeks ago, The man's still got it <3 A three and a quarter hour set with two encores at the age of 68, not to mention being an amazing stage presence- it's quite a achievement :3

You're really lucky, I'm a Beatles fan, but I bet Paul's never coming to Belgium... :edgeworth: Although, he was in the Netherlands a couple of months back. And, indeed, "I'm looking through you" is a great song!!! I know the feeling when it seems that you're looking through someone, it's no fun... My favourite Beatle's song is "A Day In The Life", it just really shows how John Lennon and Paul McCartney could work together!

PandaPrinzessin wrote:
I have to agree- Rubber Soul is an excellent album, probably one of my favourites~ Buuut, I differ in that "I'm Looking Through You" has to be one of my favourite Beatles songs-

It is a great song. I especially love the beginning part, when it's just the Acoustic Guitar leading the rest of the band in.

Also, it's the only Rubber Soul song I've yet to Gold Star in The Beatles: Rock Band.

A True English Diva-To-Be <3

ProsecutorPressley wrote:
PandaPrinzessin wrote:

You're really lucky, I'm a Beatles fan, but I bet Paul's never coming to Belgium... :edgeworth: Although, he was in the Netherlands a couple of months back. And, indeed, "I'm looking through you" is a great song!!! I know the feeling when it seems that you're looking through someone, it's no fun... My favourite Beatle's song is "A Day In The Life", it just really shows how John Lennon and Paul McCartney could work together!

Yeah, it was amazing- he's such a great performer <3 Tickets were extortionate though- £65 for the day DX

Ah, A Day In The Life is one brilliant song~ Lennon-McCartney has to be one of the best songwriting partnerships of all time- such a shame it all soured towards the end =(
Click on Janice for graphics ^^
Page 1 of 3 [ 104 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Borscht Bowl Club