Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Borscht Bowl Club

Page 1 of 1[ 12 posts ]

NightwishTopic%20Title

:)

I love this band and I personally think they've influenced so many bands and made a huge difference to metal and rock music. Tarja and Anette were very awesome singers and I'm still shocked that Anette's not in Nightwish anymore.
Re: NightwishTopic%20Title

No, I refuse to write anything...

*GASP*

Someone else knows who they are! :gant:

I seriously haven't met anyone who's heard of them...which is quite a shame, being that they're AMAZING!

Though, I found it really strange that they had the new lead singer record the old songs...I liked Anette a lot more...
Some secret wait to be discovered...some never are...
Some secrets lay in the shadows...and Justice is the Light...

Eversister wrote:
*GASP*

Someone else knows who they are! :gant:

I seriously haven't met anyone who's heard of them...which is quite a shame, being that they're AMAZING!

Though, I found it really strange that they had the new lead singer record the old songs...I liked Anette a lot more...

Yay! Nice to see another fan. I've loved Nightwish since Anette joined. The first song I heard from Nightwish is their cover is Walking In The Air from a Vampire Princess AMV. So amazing. I love all their albums, but my favorites are Oceanborn, Imaginerium and Dark Passion Play.

Wishmaster, Angels Fall First, Once and Century Child are very epic albums too.

...Hopefully someday... xD

*casually walks in*
Hiya ya two...Sooooooo...We talking 'bout Nightwish, eh?
...FIIIIIIIIIIIINALLY...!!! Great job Chloe.

I've noticed people do seem to know them on other forums and places,
but on here, CR, nobody seems to though...Or they just don't talk of them much. (or then I shoulg come out of the sprite board more often lol...)
Me? ...Well duh; I'm a Fin! And yes, they're among the most famous bands in here.
And for the record; yeah; I think they're great. In a great dictionary book of music; they resemble the letter N.
(And no; I've never been on their concerts)

I've heard of them all my childhood, but it wasn't 'till 2004 that I really got into them. That's the first time I bought my actual first Nightwish album, Once.
After that I also bought some of their older albums and of course the Highest Hopes album. Personally I loved Tarja's voice more than Anettes, but I still gave the Dark Passion Play a shot. Haven't bought never albums since.
Now don't take me wrong here; Anette was okay, but...that's it really. Tarjas more gothic voice fitted the tracks better IMO, though I confess this is a mixed opinion case.
When I read that Anette also leaves I was kinda like; "...Wut...? ...You guys serious now...? ...AGAIN?!" And believe me; that was one of the top jokes on TV's comedy shows like Uutisvuoto and Hyvät ja Huonot Uutiset for that week.
I'm kinda interested to see who would be their singer after this. I wish wed get someone with more gothic voice again, but we'll see. Maybe they go with Markos voice again?
Personally I would also like that Floor Jansen would continue with them after the current tour too. Out of curiosity I listened few NW songs where she sings on YouTube and thought shes pretty good one. Definitely loved the Nemo she sang.
However; I believe there could also be another way to continue from here; Indica. Nightwish has made some cooperation with them, for example the track Erämaan Viimeinen and heck; Tuomas was the producer of their fourth album, Valoissa (in the lights) and I remember reading he's been helping the girls of Indica on the band on other ways too.
I don't remember for sure so this statement could be false though.
So...Maybe they could do some kinda cooperation in the future again? I personally would love that. Nightwish playing and Jonsu singing? She has a good voice that would work with them.
Side note; listen some tracks from Indica. Be wary though; they began playing symphonic metal only after their fourth album (which had a more metallic track in it though) and they played pop rock before that. And so far they've made only one album in english; A Way Away, which is a recollection album of some of their previous tracks.
My personal favorite from the is a track from their fourth album called as Sanoja (Words)

Buuuuuuuuut...Enough chit chatter I guess...For now. Time to list my favorite tracks or something right?
Well let me start by saying the Once is my favorite album from them. Maybe it's the truth it was my first, or then that it just is that good, either case I'm happy with the reason.
My favorite songs? Their cover of Walking in the Air, Ever Dream, Sleeping Sun, Nemo and Wish I had an Angel (shitty movie, great comerical track lol)
However; one track goes above them on my list. This track has been my wery favorite Nightwish track for years now; no questions asked; but I've noticed not that many people put it high on their rankings.
I don't know; might be my taste of music or something, but IMO this is one of underrated Nightwish classics forever. Tarjas voice in this one...I...
Its like the song was made just for her voice and it completely masters it, not to mention the track itself kicks a** like there's no tomorrow!! <3 Ladies and playboys; I present you the
Deep Silent Complete
(and lookie lookie, all of these have Tarja as the singer; what ya know/how did this happen lol?)

I rest my case.
ImageImageImageImage

Captain Ascot and the Survey Corps!

A thread on Nightwish? Sweet. They're pretty much the band that got me properly listening to music in the first place, and were my overall favourites for a while. Don't really have a favourite band now, Iron Maiden may come close, but Nightwish'll always have that spot in my heart.
Haven't got round to listening to theit new stuff post Dark Passion Play though, might have to do that.

I think their album Wishmaster is underrated and I love the vintage feel of their first album.

Let it go and move it move it

I've only heard a few if their songs and they've all been good.
Within Temptation

Foolish fool doing things foolishly

Hylian100 wrote:
A thread on Nightwish? Sweet. They're pretty much the band that got me properly listening to music in the first place, and were my overall favourites for a while. Don't really have a favourite band now, Iron Maiden may come close, but Nightwish'll always have that spot in my heart.
Haven't got round to listening to theit new stuff post Dark Passion Play though, might have to do that.

I'm in a fairly similar boat, Nightwish were the first band that I really liked.

I would say I've moved on a little, my favourite bands are probably Avantasia, Kamelot, Rage and Stratovarius, but I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Oceanborn, great great album.

Star General

I've been waiting for my chance to reference Ghost Love Score. Wow, that song is good.

Annette fucked Nightwish up so bad, I didn't even care about them anymore. But now... with fucking Floor... geez... they have the potential to be better then ever.

[Whip the cream!]

Damn, this brings back some memories! I used to listen to them a lot when I was a teen, and I saw them live when I was fourteen. I really loved the albums Wishmaster and Century Child. Ah...
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

I'm so happy that Floor is the new singer in Nightwish. I saw it coming when I saw ReVamp's album on sale in HMV and it had a sticker that it featured Floor from Nightwish. The band seem really happy and energized. Ghost Love Score is a fantastic track.
Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Borscht Bowl Club