Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)

Page 36 of 38[ 1488 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Re: ~The Professor Layton topic~Topic%20Title

OBJECTION!

Have now completed it or got very near the end
Spoiler:
The theme of lost love is so sad :( But I can't believe they used the "The town is fake" reveal for the THIRD time, oh dear. That just seemed lazy. There were several things similar to the other games - big creepy building that everyone is terrified of... etc.
I also think "we" should be given an opportunity to work out the clues ourselves - eg I thought Celeste's clue meant you had to go to the clock shop (since "Old Father" can also refer to TIME = the clock shop... I would have preferred that to the Thames Arms).
Also, why was Flora even in the story?!
There were some exceptional parts - the part where Luke runs off and is crying, thinking his friendship with the professor is over, is moving :(

I think the puzzles were better as they had more relevance to the story and the voice acting was really good.
But wasnt keen on Flora's voice, it was like, way too high.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

OBJECTION!

Now I'm a bit confused.

Spoiler:
Obviously Future Luke isnt really Luke at all, I figured that, but I honestly didn't know who "Clive" is, or remember him being mentioned.. (though Layton did mention a boy being orphaned from his parents in the accident in the flashback).

Audere est facere.

Spoiler: Unwound Future
There really was no mention of the name "Clive" though it's possible that Layton learned it when he saved the boy in the explosion. Of course, it was only mentioned in the last scenes after the destruction of "Future" London that it was really that same boy that Layton saved. So yes, it's confusing. It's either Layton already knew that Clive was the same boy he saved, or he's psychic. :keiko:

I've been away for far too long.
So long, in fact, that all of my signatures now exist behind a paywall.
Bummer.

OBJECTION!

The ending was just beautiful, I cried :( And almost again later :(

Spoiler:
Does it hint at a new trilogy or a sequel perhaps at the end?
Also if Celeste was really Claire why couldnt she tell Layton who she was, "I didnt die in the accident" or something? Did she have to go back because that was what was "meant" to happen? That is so sad :(
Also wouldnt it have been better if Clive had kidnapped Luke instead? Imagine the face off: "You're not me, and I'll never be like you!" Epic.

Call me James

grim_tales wrote:

Spoiler:
Also if Celeste was really Claire why couldnt she tell Layton who she was, "I didnt die in the accident" or something? Did she have to go back because that was what was "meant" to happen? That is so sad :(
Also wouldnt it have been better if Clive had kidnapped Luke instead? Imagine the face off: "You're not me, and I'll never be like you!" Epic.

Spoiler:
I certainly hope that a trilogy of games set after UF will be made. Hopefully it will show Layton as a bit more open/not as closed off as he was in the first three games. At the end of UF, even though he went through a lot, he was happier than he was in the previous two games.

Also, Claire did die in the accident. She was just fired 10 years into the future a second before she died, and lived for a little while there. She had to return to the moment of the blast to die. :nixiesob:

I think it would have been interesting if Clive had kidnapped Luke, but Flora is just catnip for kidnappers, apparently. She's the epitome of "kidnap fodder".

http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

Fancy a cuppa?

Has anyone seen the Eternal Diva movie? It's out in the UK now.

Also, I think there are going to be new games. I was looking online, and there was talk of one in Japan called "The Spectres Flute" which wasn't localised yet.

Audere est facere.

Yup, Eternal Diva's been out in the UK for a while now. There will be a lot of new games, by the way. The one you were talking about will be localized with the titles "Last Specter" and "Spectre's Call" in the US and Europe/Australia respectively. Then there's the Mask of Miracle, and a second movie in the making, and a third game for the prequel trilogy.
I've been away for far too long.
So long, in fact, that all of my signatures now exist behind a paywall.
Bummer.

I'm bad at puzzle solving..

Spoiler: Unwound Future
I'm just wondering - how did Clive & Dimitri get the citizens sorted out? Random comments = I find Underground London a lot easier to navigate than most other places in PL. And it's really scary how Clive looks so much like an older Luke O.O Clive shall forever be Future Luke, in my opinion.

Professor Layton & The Lost Future. Best game ever.

I live everywhere and nowhere, usually as Kumori. My YouTube is 'WoodULikeSumCatFood', shamelessly ripped from a friend of mine.

OBJECTION!

Spoiler:
Clive really does look like an older Luke doesnt he?
How old is Luke meant to be? I thought about 13/14 by now, but he looks/sounds about 8!
Now I think about it wouldnt it have been epic if Hershel really had become an evil genius? Did Clive come up with the idea of writing the letter at the start? He seemed to think he was really in the future as much as anyone.
Who were all the townspeople in Fake London, actors? They couldnt all have been fooled by the Evil Layton spiel.

Phff, You call this a Zombie apocalypse?

Spoiler: UF
I found UF to have the most far out/hard to believe explanation out of all the games and the movie so far. All the man power it would take to build that place and get all the actors and to make sure Layton doesn't find out where he is. Its a little crazy. More so then usual.

Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:
Yeah, well maybe if I wasn't so much better than everyone else, I wouldn't have to talk about it so much.

grim_tales wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Claire was fired into the future by the time machine just before the explosion, but when she arrived her body started showing signs of 'molecular instability' which in English basically means that gravity/physics/whatever knew that she wasn't meant to be there, and the underdeveloped time machine couldn't bypass that. She was gradually fading away, about to be whisked back to where she was meant to be, so she simply roamed around 'Future London', knowing the inevitability of her eventual fate that no one could do anything about. And yeah, the ending does seem to hint at a sequel trilogy, as in one that takes place AFTER Unwound Future, but who knows, maybe that's what's next after the prequel trilogy, for games 7, 8 and 9. Or maybe it will turn out that the whole prequel trilogy has been a set up for that, as the past comes back to haunt them all. Nah, I think I'm getting a bit over-excited here.

OBJECTION!

Spoiler:
Maybe in PL6 some of it will be in the past, some in the present (ie taking place after Lost Future) and be linked together

Spoiler:
Like some case rises up and, much like Unwound Future, ties into something in the past. Who knows?

I live everywhere and nowhere, usually as Kumori. My YouTube is 'WoodULikeSumCatFood', shamelessly ripped from a friend of mine.

Phff, You call this a Zombie apocalypse?

I for one, support the theory in the last 2 posts.

Unlikely; but it would be really awesome.
The guys who make PL really know have to write a good story.
Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:
Yeah, well maybe if I wasn't so much better than everyone else, I wouldn't have to talk about it so much.

OBJECTION!

What has really surprised me about PL is how good some of the story/writing is, particularly in PB/UF. I mean, who thought a series of games where the main focus was initially thought to be puzzles, could sometimes have moments that are so moving? :(

Or have such a beautiful soundtrack.

OBJECTION!

Exactly, that too.
One theme in LF sounded like something in PW to me (Turnabout Sisters?), I mean Maya's theme music a little bit.

grim_tales wrote:
Exactly, that too.
One theme in LF sounded like something in PW to me (Turnabout Sisters?), I mean Maya's theme music a little bit.

Which track?

I find the track Inside Sadness sounds a tiny bit like Steel Samurai's Ballad at the start.

OBJECTION!

This one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9vC1mOgQMY - Ah yes, I see what you mean. Gorgeous track.

Perhaps I'm thinking of this one (Iris, from Pandora's Box) it sounded a bit like Maya's theme (IMO) at the start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ersUcDYw ... re=related

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Balrog wrote:
I for one, support the theory in the last 2 posts.

Unlikely; but it would be really awesome.
The guys who make PL really know have to write a good story.

Oh yes. That could be of unfathomable proportions of epic. I just imagined a L-5 Vision 2011 announcement of PL6, with a trailer that sorta tells us "So you thought that teaser at the end of game 3 was a lazy, meaningless "just in case" thing? AND you thought the prequel trilogy was just a big-budget high-quality cash-in? You were wrong. Enter Professor Layton 6, the conclusion to Layton's story, connecting past and future. Professor Layton and the Final Puzzle, coming mid-2012."

I would not be able to take the awesomeness. I simply would not.

Speaking of Vision, I'm still waiting for some sort of announcement. I mean, come on, Hino, August! You guys should at least announce the date during August! You can't leave us hanging like this, we need our PLvsAA D':

OBJECTION!

Professor Layton 6: The Final Puzzle - FANTASTIC sir. That would be so many shades of awesome :D
It probably won't happen til 2014 or so :(

元・超会社員級の管理人

Man, Level-5, hit us up with that Vision 2011 info. I was hoping for a show before TGS, but the later it gets in August the less likely that seems.

(Disclaimer: the only reason I wanted the show before TGS was so we could get the first real Layton vs. AA info there and then a further blowout at TGS.)
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

I'm in the middle of Pandora's Box at the moment. I'm rather enjoying it, actually. I'm surprised because I wasn't overly fond of Curious Village. From what I've heard about Lost Future, I'm really looking forward to playing that. :D I think I can be considered a Layton fan now. I love Layton himself, his gentlemanly ways are funny at times :gant:

EDIT: So I finished it and thought
Spoiler:
the ending had too much in common with CV. I mean a village and it's residents that weren't really what they seemed? Hmm. I liked it though, and the ending was touching. Glad I've played it.

Now onto Lost Future!!

I'd just solved the last puzzle of Pandora's Box.

And. It. Froze.

I want to tear my hair out and run around screaming all day. I have to go through all those scenes again.

Spoiler: Pandora's Box
But I didn't know Layton could use swords. Where'd he learn that?

I just finished Lost Future *dries eyes* I can't believe I cried haha

Spoiler:
Again with the fake village though!? Meh, I still liked it though.

Also, I've heard of a couple of people saying this was the end of the trilogy, but I'm confused because it says to be continued? Where are people getting that from?

Spoiler: Curious Village, Pandora's Box and Lost Future
Too many fake villages. St Mystere, Folsense and "Future" London. Although Folsense & "Future" London were quite sad.

FVKWY wrote:
Spoiler: Curious Village, Pandora's Box and Lost Future
Too many fake villages. St Mystere, Folsense and "Future" London. Although Folsense & "Future" London were quite sad.

Spoiler:
Yeah, couldn't agree more. It was just unoriginal at the end, and then there's always a big building involved!

Spoiler: Lost Future
But Clive's weapon's not a building! IT'S A WEAPON!!! That looks like a tortoise on legs!

FVKWY wrote:
Spoiler: Lost Future
But Clive's weapon's not a building! IT'S A WEAPON!!! That looks like a tortoise on legs!

Spoiler:
Hmm yeah, but there is also the Towering Pagoda.

Spoiler:
I think that was taken from that movie, the Death Game or whatever it was called. Movie sucks. Instead of a fight per level, it's a puzzle per level.

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

All of you guys should be periodically checking this thread.

And with periodically I mean every day, refreshing it once per hour at the very least.

Aspiring Critic and Film Engineer

FVKWY wrote:
Spoiler:
I think that was taken from that movie, the Death Game or whatever it was called. Movie sucks. Instead of a fight per level, it's a puzzle per level.

I'd tend to disagree. It's a pretty common gimmick all around. It helps space out dramatic bits in movies, or in the Layton games specifically, gives characters time to explain things.

-has played all 'dem games... except Kiseki no Kamen-

A mini Professor Layton adjusting his hat in little London?

Oh hell yes.
Inspector Grosky is prepared to arrest you in style with finesse with his chesthair sheltering innocent kittens.

Yeah I can't wait to try London Life either. I've been estatic since 4 came out in japan for that. :gant-clap2:

Call me Ishmael.

I'll pre-order Last Specter later today. I'm a bit sad that I won't get the much prettier European box art, but it's a small sacrifice compared to London Life. I also hear that it has a slightly less far-fetched story than the last two games, which IMO is a pretty good thing.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

There's nothing wrong with Layton stories seeming far-fetched. For one, it's fiction. Two, the far-fetchedness in my opinion is what makes Layton games Layton games. It's kinda like House in the respect that the answer is usually something so simple out of a convoluted cluster**** of a mess. Also, why two and three? If anything, Pandora's Box's ending was easy to explain and comprehend rather than Curious Village or Last Time Travel. Personally.

Shut up, Hitler

People are arguing against the Layton plots being far-fetched? It's that lunacy that makes them so quintessentially charming; a mad plot set in a not-quite-modern not-quite-old London with a Professor of archaeology solving puzzles along with his young assistant, to the backdrop of lovely art, wonderful characters and some absolutely enchanting music.

If I wanted realism I'd play L.A Noire. I did, actually. It was rubbish.

Playing the Last Specter. Not going to spoil anything, but damn, does the hard first puzzle make me feel stupid.
Inspector Grosky is prepared to arrest you in style with finesse with his chesthair sheltering innocent kittens.

Shut up, Hitler

I solved the first puzzle in less than thirty seconds. It's a cliche cipher.

Wolverfrog wrote:
I solved the first puzzle in less than thirty seconds. It's a cliche cipher.

I think I need to cry in a corner now, I'm too dumb to live. :payne:

Otherwise, who else heard Clark Triton and thought:

Spoiler: Unwound Future spoiler I guess
THE RETURN OF DMITRI ALLEN!?!

Seriously, the two characters don't even have a silver of difference in their voices.
Page 36 of 38 [ 1488 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)