Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)

Page 1 of 1[ 29 posts ]

Voice Actors for PL vs PW (who would you like?)Topic%20Title

Give me a Not Guilty or I'll eat you!!!

We all know Ben Judd played Phoenix for his iconic "Objection!", but can he do whole lines?

If Phoenix is going to be animated- as seen in the trailer, and have full voice dialogue- as evident in the previous Professor Layton games, we're gonna need someone we can trust to deliver the lines without sounding like a daikon radish*.

*daikon radish = wooden/robotic sounding

So here we go... Here are the two I think would make great voice actors:

:phoenix: Vic Mignogna - Because he sounds pretty close to Phoenix's voice. Just imagine watching Edward Elric point and shout "OBJECTION!" then visualize Phoenix with his voice.
:maya: Luci Christian - I'm sure she'd do better as Pearl, but on the other hand, Luci played Nami in One Piece... so we know she can play a trouble maker pretty well.

Don't agree? Let's hear who you'd like to be the voice actors. You can name as many VAs as you want for each character. Just be sure to include what they starred in and/or a link to a wiki/list/IMDb of their roles.

NOTICE!!! This thread is restricted to Phoenix and Maya voice actors ONLY as they are the only two known Ace Attorney characters in this new game (I don't want this moved to a PW forum). To discuss VAs for all PW characters... click here

( ^ Equals Three parody ^ I am not in any way affiliated with RWJ )

Image Image Image Image ImageImageImage<--- Please click

Last edited by Phoenix223 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Re: Voice Actors for PL vs PW (who would you like?)Topic%20Title

~*Deux Ames Un Coeur*~

Phoenix223 wrote:
:phoenix: Vic Mignogna - Because he sounds pretty close to Phoenix's voice. Just imagine watching Edward Elric point and shout "OBJECTION!" then visualize Phoenix with his voice.

Ahaha, I'm waiting for a backlash of some kind, but that might be because the Hetalia fandom has a sizeable population that hates him--don't know what it'll be like here, though.

I can sort of see this, maybe. I've heard people talk of Johnny Yong Bosch and Yuri Lowenthal as well, neither of which I would mind. (And as a bonus, Lowenthal was Legal!Luke in Unwound Future, so it's not entirely impossible that he would get involved.)

I don't really have any strong opinions on Maya, though. XD

Yeah, Vic seems to have a pretty sizable hatedom, and while I never considered him as Phoenix, I can totally see it working, because dayum, that man is *talented.* (My opinion of course.) As is Yuri Lowenthal; I loved his performance as older Luke in Unwound Future, and Suzaku in Code Geass and the like.

Luci Christian would make an adorable Maya. Cherami Leigh might also be able to pull it off (Mai from Ghost Hunt, Patty from Soul Eater). I don't really have a set voice for her!

Maybe Pleading Eyes or Kemi from the Phoenix Wright Musical project! *laughs* <3
Phoenix/Maya Day: Sept. 5th. ♥
Phoenix/Iris Day: September 12th. ♥

The Ace Attorney's Magical Daughter

I can't really say much about the english voice-actors, since I hardly know any of them by name, but I listened to some clips of Luci Christian and think, that especially her REAL voice fits Maya a lot. She does also sound a lot like Nana Mizuki, if I might add... So yes, that one would fit! :maya:

As for the Edward Elric voice for Nick... I dunno. He sounds more like an Apollo to me, for some reason. I think Nick should sound a tiny tad less hotblooded (but not much less hotblooded, of course.

As for German voices, I just PRAY that they don't get the same guys who dubbed the Layton games to do this. X-x

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Well I personally would rather they keep Phoenix's voice the same. I like his Objection but the voice wouldn't sound very good as full dialouge. My fears are that if they were to get someone else to voice Phoenix, they'd get the Objection voice all wrong and that would make me very sad. :sadshoe:

And as for Maya, I have no clue...
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!

Call me Ishmael.

Do we even know what Nick's Objection! voice actor sounds like when he's talking normally?
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.

Marche Tobaye wrote:
Do we even know what Nick's Objection! voice actor sounds like when he's talking normally?

Like this.

I love his

:objection:

, but I get the feeling they're probably going to get a professional for this one.

Totally not my sig...

Aka Miss Fortune / Sir Prize

Stephen Fry as Layton? heh.

JASON GRIFFIN FOR PHEONIX WRIGHT :jazzron: :zennybw: :paynehair: :spload: :flowsers: :Pizza2: :punch-ben: :Keko-hands: :zap: :foam: :hair-bounce: :onamida: :gun: :headbang:

Darth GW7 wrote:
Stephen Fry as Layton? heh.

YES. YES. YES. DO WANT.

Except... Layton already has an English voice actor D=

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Marche Tobaye wrote:

We don't. But Croik does. She met the voice actor when she went to Captivate'08 in L.A.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.

Wooster wrote:
Marche Tobaye wrote:

We don't. But Croik does. She met the voice actor when she went to Captivate'08 in L.A.

You can hear his voice RIGHT HERE.

Totally not my sig...

I feel violated... and crispy...

ammchan wrote:
Maybe Pleading Eyes or Kemi from the Phoenix Wright Musical project! *laughs* <3

Hahaha. Ammchan! <3 Havent seen you around in a while! =D

Oh man, if Tri and I could get in on this as voice actors, I think we'd die happy. Well, Tri would die happy. I would probably decide to do ANOTHER more ambitious project next. You guys know me. >_>

*sigh* A girl can dream. I do have professional voice acting experience, but I don't know if I have an impressive enough resume for Capcom. I'm an unknown. XD Speaking of long shots coming true though, the musical is getting its own con panel! I'm so excited! We might be releasing something big if all goes as planned. =)

For some reason I imagined Tres McNeile for Maya, and now I can't unhear Maya going "And I'm cuuuuuute" in the Dot Warner voice. Oh my. ^^;
I know who Apollo's real father is, and I have evidence...
Spriters needed for fanmade GS5! It's gonna be BIG!

Pleading Eyes wrote:
Hahaha. Ammchan! <3 Havent seen you around in a while! =D

Oh man, if Tri and I could get in on this as voice actors, I think we'd die happy. Well, Tri would die happy. I would probably decide to do ANOTHER more ambitious project next. You guys know me. >_>

*sigh* A girl can dream. I do have professional voice acting experience, but I don't know if I have an impressive enough resume for Capcom. I'm an unknown. XD Speaking of long shots coming true though, the musical is getting its own con panel! I'm so excited! We might be releasing something big if all goes as planned. =)

For some reason I imagined Tres McNeile for Maya, and now I can't unhear Maya going "And I'm cuuuuuute" in the Dot Warner voice. Oh my. ^^;

Haha, yeah, I only recently came back to this fandom! ^o^ Hopefully I'll be more active this time.

Hee, it would be great if you and/or Tri could get in on it! Or anyone from the Musical Project really - you guys are all so talented T_T *jealous* And Capcom seems to really like your guys' work, so who knows! ^_^

I guess it might be a while until we hear anything about localization though. *crosses fingers, will be crushed if it does not make it to the West*
Phoenix/Maya Day: Sept. 5th. ♥
Phoenix/Iris Day: September 12th. ♥

redhedge47 wrote:
JASON GRIFFIN FOR PHEONIX WRIGHT

Mr. Sonic the Hedgehog as Phoenix Wright?

Blue suit... Spiky hair...
Wow, What a perfect combination... if he weren't employed by 4KIDS!!!!!

The Ace Attorney's Magical Daughter

Phoenix223 wrote:
redhedge47 wrote:

For some weird reason, I really CAN imagine Phoenix with Sonic's voice... Actually, I can imagine it quite well... :lana:

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?

Neni wrote:
Phoenix223 wrote:
redhedge47 wrote:

For some weird reason, I really CAN imagine Phoenix with Sonic's voice... Actually, I can imagine it quite well... :lana:

True... but M$Q: can he say :objection: and make it sound good?

Sonic has a new voice now. XD

I think Ben Judd would make a fine Phoenix, personally. He has a very normal voice, and Phoenix is a pretty "average Joe" sort of character. I'm not against it at any rate.

I'm not all that picky on who voices Maya as long as it doesn't hurt my ears. For some reason female voice actors in anime circles really like doing that. You don't have to be high pitched to sound feminine! That's a little something called trying too hard.

"...Naturally."

DAVID TENNANT FOR PHOENIX WRIGHT.

Because he should. :redd:

For Layton, I'd keep his original VA. I think it would be kind of annoying to switch VA's at this particular point...
Engaged to Reiji!
Credit to Nadindi for the awesome sig! :D

ShadowEdgeworth wrote:
DAVID TENNANT FOR PHOENIX WRIGHT.

Because he should. :redd:

For Layton, I'd keep his original VA. I think it would be kind of annoying to switch VA's at this particular point...

Actually, David Tennant wouldn't make such a bad Phoenix, his American accent is actually quite good so much that you can't tell he is Scottish.

As for Maya a non overly-cute voice would save my ears while playing this game, just don't give the voice to... OH NO I HAVE TO RUN!
Spoiler: OH CRAP

Inspector Grosky is prepared to arrest you in style with finesse with his chesthair sheltering innocent kittens.

XDDD Ambiguously Australian Maya?

I wonder if they'll do different voice acting for EU versions like in the Layton games...

I want to push for TriforceBun as Phoenix too. I would die happy! I can't hear anyone else as phoenix.

That statement was objectionable!

Ben Judd is out of the question as he left Capcom, but I liked Sam Riegel as Mr. Wright in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 so I would want him as Mr. Wright.
Mystical Maya I have no idea but don't make it annoying (like that brat in that DMC Anime)
(I really hope that there is a option to play with the Japanese voices but with English Text Boxes, so it could be like the movie actors!)

-YAY My first post! :godot:

A true gentleman always rants

Sam Rigel for Phoenix and Tara Strong for Maya (Sam Rigel voiced Phoenix in UMVC3. Tara Strong is in a lot of games I play and Big Time Rush :gant:

I don't know a lot about voice actors, but I'd really like it if they kept the Japanese voices. I've seen so games translated with voices subbed; and I was really pleased that Hiroki Narimiya and Mirei Kiritani were doing the voices for Nick and Maya. But, maybe it wouldn't sell as well if the voices were in Japanese. :larry:

迷探偵

To be honest, Narimiya is absolutely horrible as Nick in the game. He literally killed some of the coolest scenes from the game for me.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Shut up, Hitler

Ash wrote:
To be honest, Narimiya is absolutely horrible as Nick in the game. He literally killed some of the coolest scenes from the game for me.

Did you like him in the movie?

迷探偵

Yes. He just isn't a voice actor.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Yeah, I really liked him in the film so I guess I just thought he'd be good in the game. But you're right, he's not a voice actor, and I'd rather have someone who could do really good job.
Page 1 of 1 [ 29 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)