Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)

Page 1 of 1[ 24 posts ]

Professor Layton's Last Adventure?Topic%20Title

Deputy of Self-Esteem

I didn't log into Nitendo Direct on time to view it, but according to GoNintendo,

New Professor Layton title announced for 3DS: Professor Layton Choubunmei to A no Isan

Whatever that means.

Game takes place one year after the last 3DS title, plot has something to do with someone finding Pandora's Box a mummy.

I'm personally dubious about this being the last Layton Game. Unless they're pulling an Apollo Justice, Layton is just too profitable for Level-5 to be realistic.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
Re: Professor Layton's Last Adventure?Topic%20Title

世界中

A rough translation would be "Professor Layton and the Legacy of (The Super Civilization) A"

"Bunmei" means "civilization", "Chou" is a prefix meaning "super" or "ultra" or "mega". "Isan" means "inheritance" or "legacy".

元・超会社員級の管理人

I guess PLvsAA's starting to get close to wrapping up development if they're this far into Layton 6 - either that or there wasn't as much crossover between the main Layton team and the PLvsAA team as we thought.

Though PLvsAA does have animation by Bones, so that freed up Level-5's usual animators to make a lot of nice footage, I suppose.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Also possible: Perhaps more of Capcom was involved in Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney then just Takumi as has been initially speculated… also freeing up some of Level-5's staff?

元・超会社員級の管理人

I believe they mentioned Capcom was working on art/character design some months back, so that does take a little pressure off of Level-5.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

"Super Civilization A"? wat

Lovin' it, anyway. They're saying this is Layton's final game, but not THE final LAYTON GAME. Professor Triton anyone?

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Or perhaps Layton Brothers? Still don't know who the brother is.

Them graphics... Looks like they really improved on their cel-shading for this installment compared to the Miracle Mask: it resembles the 2D artwork perfectly.

If they actually did end up keeping to their word on this being the "Final Layton Adventure", it would be interesting to see what they would do if they had a future trilogy of some sort with a grown-up Luke and maybe Layton in an advisory role of some kind, like Apollo Justice, but except Layton wouldn't: turn into a bum, solve the entire mystery, and hog all of the spotlight (maybe 50%).

I wonder when this will come out in Japan as to not conflict with the release of PLvsAA. If it releases somewhere in Q1/Q2 it would be wonderful if the US localized it the same year.
Inspector Grosky is prepared to arrest you in style with finesse with his chesthair sheltering innocent kittens.

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

There's a new trailer, which is mostly an extended version of the Nintendo Direct reveal footage. Check LaytonKyouju's YouTube channel.

Also, in more important news: Level-5 International America has a news post up in their website with L-5's TGS lineup. Check their Facebook for a link, I would post it here but I'm on my phone and it's a huge bother, sorry.

Thing is, PL6 is listed as "Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies", which sounds great, but like the Japanese title, it lacks the epic tone of a final installment.

In any case, the news post also re-confirms this is the "newest and final chapter of the Professor Layton series" and "Professor Layton's last adventure"

I'll miss him and Emmy way too much. I'm already expecting the most tearjerking ending ever :'(

prosecuting never looked so good ;)

DeMatador wrote:
In any case, the news post also re-confirms this is the "newest and final chapter of the Professor Layton series" and "Professor Layton's last adventure"

I'll miss him and Emmy way too much. I'm already expecting the most tearjerking ending ever :'(

:objection:
The officials of Level 5 say that if sales for the prequel trilogy (Last Spectre, Mask of miracles, and Aslant legacies) are good enough then they will create the "third trilogy" possibly leading off of the end of Unwound future and the letter luke sends the professor. Thus giving us the present, past and future trilogies.

Also by looking at the trailer again it seems that there are many similarities to other games.
Spoiler:
Descole and Layton sword fight with pipes (eternal Diva)
A crowd of mobsters try to machine-gun (presumably) layton (unwound future)
A hidden civilisation/land (spectres call)
Luke like bouncing on a sofa (diabolical box)

And here is the trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4iiTKyjm1M
When life gives you lemons, leave them and get a lollipop instead.

CHOO CHOO! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE EXPRESS!

元・超会社員級の管理人

Bump, 'cos the game's out on February 28th in Japan, according to Famitsu.

Not sure if I'll import it, the puzzles in a standard Layton are far trickier than PLvsAA's, so I'm not sure if my Japanese is up to scratch.

Wooster wrote:

Level 5 just released a brand new trailer for the game, you can check it out here.
Kinda funny how excited I am about this trailer... even though I only started playing the series with the 5th game. It's certainly looking as gorgeous as ever, makes me want to watch the movie (still haven't watched it yet)... while hoping they make a 2nd movie :p
ImageImageImage

元・超会社員級の管理人

And the official site is up as well!

http://www.layton.jp/choubunmei/

Spoiler: Speculation
Looks like Foster Sahaiman (the guy in the glasses) either is Descole or is strongly connected to him. He's the only major character without a voice actor listed, and Descole's butler Raymond is listed as working for him.

Wooster wrote:

I'm actually quite surprised how quick this game is coming out, and with not much hyping up for being the last game in the prequel trilogy as it seems. However, this doesn't really doesn't phase my excitement at FLYING AIRSHIP BATTLES.

Maybe we can hope to get a localization in the same year it's released?
Inspector Grosky is prepared to arrest you in style with finesse with his chesthair sheltering innocent kittens.

prosecuting never looked so good ;)

Bolt Storm wrote:
And the official site is up as well!

http://www.layton.jp/choubunmei/

Looks like Foster Sahaiman (the guy in the glasses) either is Descole or is strongly connected to him. He's the only major character without a voice actor listed, and Descole's butler Raymond is listed as working for him.

Hmmmm interesting speculation
Spoiler: More speculation
It might also be that simon foster works under Bronev, with Raymond acting as an unknowing double spy. This would explain why at the end of Miracle mask Bronev knows about descole without vice versa.

Although owing to the fact that Simon is the one who sends layton the letter at the start of the game, coupled with the facts that he is seen with raymond and has no listed voice actor might mean that it is in fact descole in disguise.

Seeing as its the final game, we should find out the actual identity of descole and his deep connection to layton :3
When life gives you lemons, leave them and get a lollipop instead.

CHOO CHOO! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE EXPRESS!

Some interesting new screenshots:

Welp, the first one is just amazing when you consider Professor Layton has formal attire beyond his normal clothes; the other for that matter...

Spoiler: Miracle Mask spoilers
That couldn't possibly THE Masked Gentleman, maybe Descole found some other unwitting pawn to play the part? Given the odd way the MG looks, I wouldn't be surprised if it were some fake set up of some sort.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Just to be clear, those are screens from the Plus re-release of Miracle Mask, not Azran Legacies.

Wooster wrote:

Bolt Storm wrote:
Just to be clear, those are screens from the Plus re-release of Miracle Mask, not Azran Legacies.

:snackood: Now, I feel slightly stupid for not having checked through Google translate...

Oh well. If these screens are from an updated rerelease of Miracle Mask, it makes me wonder if the new events do more to contribute to the Azran Legacies and, if so, why they weren't included (either because they're meant to flesh out that game's story more and they didn't have enough time to include them or if they were thought up afterwards and are probably just filler of some kind).

Looking at Descole's and Foster's profiles on the site, it seems that Descole (conveniently pictured with straight, lighter hair) has a different hairstyle not similar to Foster's brown buns.

If anything, I agree with the theory that the two might be strongly related in some way.

The Miracle Mask Plus rerelease sounds an awful lot like a slight retcon to me. Most probably to lead towards Azran Legacies' story in a more appropriate way.

Now, is that content gonna be available for purchasers of the original game in any way, like DLC? It'd be pretty crappy if not.

Also: international release please? In any case, if you think about it, we just got Miracle Mask, but Japan's got it since their 3DS launch in February 2011... So maybe we'll get this a bit before Azran Legacies releases internationally.

Am I the only one excited about the idea that Level-5 did a Layton rerelease? It gives me hope for eventual HD remakes of the entire series on, I dunno, Wii U, or the 3DS' successor.

元・超会社員級の管理人

I don't think the extra content is available as DLC, no. Remember Miracle Mask technically came out before Nintendo added DLC support to the 3DS.

Also, this actually isn't the first Layton re-release Level-5 has done! They previously re-released Curious Village and Diabolical Box in "Friendly" versions that made a bunch of small changes like adding furigana, increasing the quality of the cutscenes, and making the puzzle explanations easier to understand, as well as unlocking the weekly puzzles from the start. Miracle Mask Plus does seem to have a bit more new content than that, but it looks like some of it actually is in the American version already (the 3 save slots, the hints in the ruins mode) so I'd be surprised to see us get this release.

Wooster wrote:

I didn't know they had rereleased CV and DB! That's awesome :D
What exactly did they do to improve the quality of the animations? Are they re-drawn or something?

Also, aside from unlocking all daily puzzles and those things you mentioned, what exactly does MM+ add to the original game? More scenes? More cutscenes? Different writing?

whole thing goes under spoiler tags... just to let everyone know. there are no real spoilers under this tag except for the english translation of this game. and some angry ranting. cause i spoiled the ending for myself.

Spoiler:
The translated title is "professor layton and the arzan legacies" it's set to be kind of a continuation of miracle mask. It's out in japan as of feburary. I saw the translated ending scene... and i have one thing to say..

Why must you do this to me Level 5?!

the whole ending i've been so angry at myself for days that i let my curiosity get the best of me. I wish i had never done that.

and fyi...arzan legacies keeps the same way of investigation by using the magnifying glass

Okay guys this is serious.

In the most recent North American Nintendo Direct, Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy (not Legacies) was announced for release next year, but the "trailer" was just an excerpt of a Japanese one, and they didn't even have a logo for it.

What's very serious about this is they said coming 2014. BUT in the Europe Direct, they announced it... FOR THIS YEAR.

Could this mean the crossover will be launching this year in North America but skipping Europe, at least until 2014!?

世界中

DeMatador wrote:
Okay guys this is serious.

In the most recent North American Nintendo Direct, Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy (not Legacies) was announced for release next year, but the "trailer" was just an excerpt of a Japanese one, and they didn't even have a logo for it.

What's very serious about this is they said coming 2014. BUT in the Europe Direct, they announced it... FOR THIS YEAR.

Could this mean the crossover will be launching this year in North America but skipping Europe, at least until 2014!?

For Nintendo's sake I hope you're wrong.

Seriously if they get it but not us then I think I'll just die :beef:
Page 1 of 1 [ 24 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)