Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)

Page 1 of 1[ 7 posts ]

Wii U PortsTopic%20Title

Awhile back Level 5 CEO Akihiro Hino mentioned that porting the Professor Layton series to Wii U would be a "fun possibility". :godot:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/07/27/level-5-considering-layton-wii-u

Any thoughts on this? Personally I think that this would be a fantastic idea. I don't own a 3DS, but plan on buying a Wii U. I would be able to play Miracle Mask and the eventual sixth game! :will: These games would really benefit from HD visuals and added voice acting! If Level 5 is smart, they should release the two Layton trilogies as HD collections, a la the upcoming Ace Attorney HD Collection.

While we're at it, what about Ace Attorney on Wii U? The dual screens on the tablet and TV screen would work perfectly. The court record would be displayed on the tablet and the actual game on the television screen. There would be no excuse not to put voice acting in the game, either. :edgy: I'm curious about your opinions. Respond if you're interested!
Re: Wii U PortsTopic%20Title

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

All of this needs to happen sooner or later.

I repeat, needs.

TopHatProfessor1014 wrote:
These games would really benefit from [...] added voice acting!

The 3DS games could already have full voice acting, you don't need a WiiU for that. :yuusaku:

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Yeah, think about how many characters are in a Layton game, and then how many voice actors you'd need for that. THEN think about paying all of them.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Quote:
Yeah, think about how many characters
are in a Layton game, and then how many
voice actors you'd need for that. THEN
think about paying all of them.

It's not that hard to get voice acting for every character. Look at shows like the Simpsons. There's hundreds of characters, yet there's only around ten regular voice actors.

In Japan, the visual novel genre is pretty huge. Many game companies have the budget to hire a substantial cast. Level 5 definitely has the budget to hire voice actors.

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Wooster wrote:
Yeah, think about how many characters are in a Layton game, and then how many voice actors you'd need for that. THEN think about paying all of them.

Woost, remember this is series of remakes we're dreaming about, you don't have to hire any writers or localizers for remakes of already localized games, it'd just be a technical overhaul: graphics and sound. And music, so hire an orchestra for that. Level-5 can pay for that, specially if Nintendo helps. And the engine, character animations and interface graphics would be pretty much the same for all 6 games. That sounds like much cheaper than creating 6 new games.

Then charge 30/40 bucks per game. Layton sells decently in the US and HUGE LOTS in Japan and Europe.

I see it as plausible, and a potential hit. Not to mention it'd be EFFING AWESOME to have Layton in HD.

Bought a Wii U today. First impressions, its pretty good so far. The games that I have are Nintendo Land and New Super Mario Bros. U. Both are excellent launch games.

The biggest problems I have are the long loading times and the frequent updates that take forever to download.
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)