Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)

Page 1 of 1[ 34 posts ]

Non-spoiler playthrough threadTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Unfortunately I don't really know how the game is organized yet (are there chapters? Cases?) so I can't make discrete threads for certain sections of the game, so for now this'll be the grand "I'm playing the game right now" thread. Use the spoiler tag liberally. A good rule of thumb is that if we haven't seen it in any sort of official article, it's probably worth tagging.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Non-spoiler playthrough threadTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Just started. Here's an album of shots from the setup:

http://imgur.com/U9dvf,UGK73,sDkj5,fWUpm,IFJbH#2

I’ve only just started, but the music and graphics are absolutely wonderful. In the intro scene, there’s a great rendition of Turnabout Sisters, and the animated scenes are 3D as well. After the very weak 3D of Time Travelers, this is a real treat.

Spoiler: Intro video
The game opens with Giovanni and Mahoney driving through London. They’re attacked by strange flying figures and their car crashes. Giovanni tells Mahoney to go on alone, so she runs off into the streets. Chelmey and Barton arrive to find that the car is embedded in the trees somehow, and decide to call Layton.

Meanwhile, Layton is explaining Giovanni’s letter (and that there are Witch Trials) to Luke. The camera pans out from the window to show an airplane arriving - Phoenix and Maya en route to London. Phoenix figures he won’t be standing in court, but Maya doesn’t seem to agree - after all, trouble has a habit of following him around.

Also, the game seems to be organized into chapters, like the Layton games.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Got through Layton and Phoenix's prologues. I'll do a more detailed write-up later, but so far it's been a heck of a ride. The visuals and audio continue to stand out, and it felt good to be back in court.

As an aside, at the end of court sections you get a picarat bonus dependent on how many hint coins you used and how many mistakes you made.

Wooster wrote:

元・超会社員級の管理人

Charged through Layton's first non-prologue section. It certainly is a Layton game - hint coins, "this reminds me of a puzzle"s (though not nearly as many as in your usual game), and bizarre characters abound.

Just barely started Phoenix's first non-prologue section (the witch trial we've seen in previews) and saw - you can present profiles again! I've missed that.

Wooster wrote:

迷探偵

My copy came a bit late, but I just finished the first chapter too! Loved the Naruhodo's introduction, so definitely looking forward to the next chapter.

The music is great, but Narumiya is horrible as Naruhodo. Kiritani kinda works as Mayoi though (surprisingly).
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

元・超会社員級の管理人

(Mostly) finished chapter 2 - there's a little bit of court left, but I saw that day's breakdown.

The cases have both been pretty simple so far, though it's sort of fun to logic your way to victory in terms of magic spells. Poor Phoenix took a while to get used to the idea, though.

There's a few court mechanics that they didn't announce before release, which is cool as well. I'm not sure how I feel about the "questioning" mechanic yet though - it's nice that unlike AJ's perceive it's not a case of "I can use this, that's the answer for this testimony", but on the other hand it can be kind of guess-and-check on what's actually worth pursuing and what's not.

Wooster wrote:

迷探偵

Just finished chapter 3.

You will go ?!!!!!!! there.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Ash wrote:
Just finished chapter 3.

I have no idea what that means, what it could reference, or even if I were to view it I may or may not consider it exciting at all.

But I am SCREAMING in anticipation for whatever that may or may not be. And I've got a year 'min' to hide from it.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

迷探偵

Somewhere in chapter four, and we have another awesome sorta reference to the first GS XD

What am I Prosecuting fooooooor!?

I'm kinda stuck at a certain puzzle
Spoiler:
Its when Layton and Luke first meet Maya and Phoenix. Maya has a puzzle, a puzzle that involves food, and I'm not sure how to go about solving it. What the heck does she want with all that bread!?

迷探偵

Spoiler: Puzzle 13
The breads were originally placed like on the upper screen, but Maya knocked them over. But now there is one bread too much. You have to find which bread wasn't in the original stack

元・超会社員級の管理人

Oh my gosh, they orchestrated "Lost Forest" from Diabolical Box. I love this game's music.

Wooster wrote:

迷探偵

Wooster wrote:
Ash wrote:
Just finished chapter 3.

I have no idea what that means, what it could reference, or even if I were to view it I may or may not consider it exciting at all.

But I am SCREAMING in anticipation for whatever that may or may not be. And I've got a year 'min' to hide from it.

Hmm, if chapter 3 ended with a ?!!!!!!!, then I should describe chapter 4's ending as a ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!

Ash wrote:
Spoiler: Puzzle 13
The breads were originally placed like on the upper screen, but Maya knocked them over. But now there is one bread too much. You have to find which bread wasn't in the original stack

Man, it's always the simplest puzzles that out brain me. Thanks.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Spoiler: Chapter 3 spoiler
Oh em eff gee. I called Mahoney being the Story Teller's daughter all the way back when the game was first announced. I'm good.

EDIT:

Spoiler: Chapter 3 end spoiler
Maya, can you go like one game without getting arrested?

To anyone who doesn't want to get spoiled: suffice to say, shit got real.

Wooster wrote:

Just started chapter 3 and playing as
Spoiler:
Luke and Maya ,Stuck on this dog puzzle with red and blue letters.

My thoughts at the end of chapter 2:
Spoiler:
wow! It was kinda hard to watch the end of that! Seeing the witch get killed like that was kinda disturbing. Pretty cool seeing Phoenix and Layton trying to stop them from doing it.

You think you guys can give me a brief "what's going on" with the story?

迷探偵

Maybe later, but I only dropped by just to say I started what should be the last trial ^^

AIGE and Remnant of the Past Supporter

What?! Is the game that short? Well, there is only 4-5 cases in the standalone game. So 3 cases does make sense being a crossover. I wonder how many puzzles there is and is there dlc puzzles...

元・超会社員級の管理人

Applebutter wrote:
What?! Is the game that short? Well, there is only 4-5 cases in the standalone game. So 3 cases does make sense being a crossover. I wonder how many puzzles there is and is there dlc puzzles...

There's at least four court cases. The prologue one, the first witch trial, the second witch trial, whatever trial Ash is on now, and maybe more afterwards or before (Ash, what chapter are you on?)

Wooster wrote:

迷探偵

Just finished the game (the credits are running as I'm writing this!). The epilogue features a very awesome cameo, by the way!

There are four court cases, but the last one takes up quite a lot of time (too much for its own good, IMHO).

Fate Testarossa

Ahh... So there are more trials than just Mahoney's trial?

Fate is made by クロス

迷探偵

Yep. In a way.

Gah, the downloadable content isn't available yet!

The King of All

Did the game hint when this took place in the series?
The king of all, Sir Duke

迷探偵

Because of the voices, I suggest that this game takes place after the GS movie. But mostly no.

Spoiler: End-game spoilers
Seriously though, Takumi kept the script very clean of unneeded references. The two points I remember that one might take as vague hints if you really want to brute-force it onto a timeline: the post-credits scene show Phoenix in a courtroom battle against Edgeworth, which at least suggest that it does not take place during GS2 (the absence of the Magatama can at least be explained away as Nick went abroad and wasn't even expecting to stand in court). Nick is also in London because of a Lawyer Association Exchange meeting. Maya jokes that they send Nick because he seemed the least busy of them all, but we can assume that Nick was at least a bit famous as an attorney if they decided to send him. Which probably places the game after at least GS1-3 or GS1-4. Probably.

Edit: Oh wait, Nick also mentions how he had never met a real butler before. Which could be taken as a reference as to GS2-4. Or not. I mean, Nick could really have never met a real butler at that point of time.

Edit:

Oh, shameless plug for my review of the game. Note that I mostly blog on detective fiction, so the review is more about Layton vs GS as a detective game / extension of the GS games.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Just started chapter 6. It's been quite the ride thus far, though overall the Layton segments do feel a little weaker compared to the Phoenix ones. I think your review hit the nail on the head when you said the issue is that the court segments have so many little new things, while the Layton segments are pretty much the same save cosmetic differences.

And yes, the end of chapter 4 is a !!!!!!!!!!! moment. I can't wait to see the larger fandom dig into that scene.

Though... seriously, this game has got to get a soundtrack release. All the music has been superb, both the rearrangements and the original tracks.

Wooster wrote:

Deputy of Self-Esteem

You guys keep mentioning chapters. Am I right to assume that a chapter is one unit of a protagonist's gameplay style?

Spoiler: Regarding the game's position in the timeline
I think the game occurs between GS2 and GS3.

While in detention, Edgeworth mentions Phoenix won 3 cases. Thus it cannot fit early on.
Maya disappears after GS1-4, and doesn't reappear until GS2-2.
Edgeworth disappears after GS1-5, and doesn't reappear until GS2-4.

By GS3, Edgeworth is overseas again, until Butz calls, if I remember correctly at least?
And after GS3, Maya is taking charge of Kurain Village, (Also note she's absent in GS4-4's flashback.)

Edgeworth then continues his business overseas and returns in GK1-2.
Phoenix and Maya do appear in the GK games, but not in a professional capacity.

Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Wooster wrote:
You guys keep mentioning chapters. Am I right to assume that a chapter is one unit of a protagonist's gameplay style?

Spoiler: Regarding the game's position in the timeline
I think the game occurs between GS2 and GS3.

While in detention, Edgeworth mentions Phoenix won 3 cases. Thus it cannot fit early on.
Maya disappears after GS1-4, and doesn't reappear until GS2-2.
Edgeworth disappears after GS1-5, and doesn't reappear until GS2-4.

By GS3, Edgeworth is overseas again, until Butz calls, if I remember correctly at least?
And after GS3, Maya is taking charge of Kurain Village, (Also note she's absent in GS4-4's flashback.)

Edgeworth then continues his business overseas and returns in GK1-2.
Phoenix and Maya do appear in the GK games, but not in a professional capacity.

I believe the chapters consist of, Layton adventure/puzzles then Phoenix trials. Then after that you go on the next chapter and do the same. Kinda like Laytons's game-play takes over the Investigations phase of the game.

Spoiler:
I thought it was said that this takes place after GS3? Eh, maybe, maybe not. Wish they put a date in between chapters :meekins: Currently, I'm stuck on this Rat/cheese puzzle and have no idea how to finish it. Help!

迷探偵

Wooster wrote:

Mostly, but some chapters feature both styles (like the introduction).

SilentBobX wrote:
Spoiler:
I thought it was said that this takes place after GS3? Eh, maybe, maybe not. Wish they put a date in between chapters :meekins: Currently, I'm stuck on this Rat/cheese puzzle and have no idea how to finish it. Help!

Puzzle 35?

Spoiler:
You have to get all the mice in the traps by tilting the table w/o letting them eat the cheese. The first one you want to catch is the one on the second row (from the top). Afterwards it's just making sure no mouse falls on top of a piece of cheese

Ash wrote:

Puzzle 35?

Spoiler:
You have to get all the mice in the traps by tilting the table w/o letting them eat the cheese. The first one you want to catch is the one on the second row (from the top). Afterwards it's just making sure no mouse falls on top of a piece of cheese

Sorry, It's puzzle 26. And now Puzzle 28... I suck!

A true gentleman always objects!

How do you solve puzzle 26?

1000% Knight

Spoiler: What you have to do
You have to group the mice into the "good" (blue) and "bad" (orange) boxes, according to certain criteria. Mice fitting the "good" criteria are in Luke's blue thought bubble, and mice fitting the "bad" criteria are in Maya's orange thought bubble.

Spoiler: Solution
Mice with upwards-pointing tails are good, and mice with downwards-pointing tails are bad.

Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

A true gentleman always objects!

How do you solve puzzle 55?

happy as a cat in the hat

I know professor Layton already asked this question but how do you solve puzzle 55?

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

This guy wanted to know how to solve puzzle 55 so badly, he created a second account.

That is what I call perseverance.

:)
Page 1 of 1 [ 34 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)