Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)

Page 1 of 1[ 32 posts ]

Professor Layton VS Gyakuten Saiban Magical Mystery MusicTopic%20Title

Dice-Off (Coming Summer 2013...)

Oh, the beauty, the sheer brilliance. Having obtained this a day early (thanks to Amazon JP and for me currently residing in Osaka), I can shed some light on the soundtrack.

There are three disks, residing in 2 cases. The game soundtrack is in one, and what they call the "Movie Sound Track" in the other.

29 Tracks on the Layton disk, 34 tracks on the Wright disk, and 30 on the Movie Sound track. (Which is interesting, as in game, they both only have 29 tracks each in the bonus features section. Mind you, the ending theme is included on the Move Sound Track disk)

Video of the first 10 tracks of the Ace Attorney disk - http://youtu.be/L5R2h28jmkI

Listening to the movie soundtrack, it sounds like the full orchestrated pieces, rather than the slightly cut down versions used for the game (admittedly, i have only heard this on the 3rd track (Turnabout Sisters))

All images are going to be put into this spoiler tag... For space saving purposes. :phoenix:

Edit: So um, i'm really sorry, but the images are just ridculously huge, and i can't think of a way to make them smaller at the moment, i don;t have much time, so um right click or something? Thanks! :bellboy:
Edit 2: Just noticed, On the Ace Attorney disk, tracks 1 through 10 play continuously, and fit together quite nicely, they are separate tracks though, don't worry. I guess you could compare it to the Courtroom Suites from the Orchestra Album. :pearl:

Spoiler:

Last edited by irishmarcoos on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Professor Layton VS Gyakuten Saiban Magical Mystery MusiTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

うらやましい;_;

But seriously, I'm really jealous right now. I'm probably going to hold off ordering my own copy for a few months because I haven't got access to a convenient way to rip or play CDs at the moment.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Bolt Storm wrote:
うらやましい;_;

But seriously, I'm really jealous right now. I'm probably going to hold off ordering my own copy for a few months because I haven't got access to a convenient way to rip or play CDs at the moment.

I would upload it, but i'm not sure if i want to risk it with my Youtube account having 2 strikes already from about 5 years ago..
But if i do, i will link here, but i would most like to put up the Phoenix CD tracks 1-10 Compilation first, (English Court Suite), it's just too cool.

EDIT: So i am uploading 1-10, but apparently it's going to take over 15 hours to upload... Uh yeah, that's what i get for having poor internet. It will be uploaded here - (New link in the first post)

Last edited by irishmarcoos on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

元・超会社員級の管理人

If you uploaded just the music tracks somewhere, I'd be happy to put them on my channel (which doesn't have any strikes... yet). It is worth noting though that Japanese copyright/files law is pretty harsh, so it may not be the best idea to upload the soundtrack unless you can do so anonymously.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Bolt Storm wrote:
If you uploaded just the music tracks somewhere, I'd be happy to put them on my channel (which doesn't have any strikes... yet). It is worth noting though that Japanese copyright/files law is pretty harsh, so it may not be the best idea to upload the soundtrack unless you can do so anonymously.

Thanks for the info, I'm going to put the video as private for now then, the link is in my previous comment if anyone wants to listen (when it finishes uploading...). I'll add the link to the main post when it's done though.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Ah, I think you meant to make it unlisted. Private requires that you specifically add users to let them watch the video - unlisted lets anyone watch if they have the link but doesn't show up in searches/etc.

Wooster wrote:

Indeed, this is what i meant. So the upload failed, but i'm managing to upload it now to a different link, so i will put it in the main post as i have to go out now, it should be done in the next 30 minutes.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Cool, thanks! Listening to it now - it's got some differences from the in-game version even excluding the transitions between tracks - it's most noticeable with Cross-Examination ~ Moderato, which adds a sort of "sheen" sound at some parts.

Wooster wrote:

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

I don't like when they force medleys. I see they tried to create some kinda nice transitions inbetween the tracks, but I like medleys when they are thought, conceived as medleys, like in the Turnabout Orchestra albums. If they aren't gonna do that, I prefer each track is its own track, looping once or twice and then fading out. Like it's always been in Ace Attorney (and Professor Layton) soundtracks.

In any case, thanks a lot for the upload, Mark! Now if anyone finds a link to a full, high quality rip of the OST... Well let's just say I'll ignore the "no piracy" rule for a couple of minutes, while I download the OST, and then I'll just assume the link's gonna disappear off the forum... Although I'm not gonna be checking ;)

One more... http://youtu.be/fmSK8GSLHuU

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Can I request something, Mark? Disc 3, Track 10. It's called something like "Witch Trial ~ Verdict", and I read it's the only track in which Kitagawa and Nishiura actually collaborated (Kitagawa composed it and Nishiura arranged it). I don't think it's something we've heard widely, so far, since it wasn't in the sound test, like pretty much every track in Disc 3.

That being said SERIOUSLY PEOPLE SOMEONE NEEDS TO RIP ALL 93 TRACKS. It's been 2 days already, how can it still not have been ripped!?

Looks fantastic! In the next month or so, I'm getting my copy in the mail from the VGM website I work for. Expect my full review then! This may very well be the best soundtrack in the series, with it's excellent remixes, great orchestrations, and high production values! :godot:

Squirtle!

echoing sentiments for a rip. I plan to import it once i get money but atm I'm completely broke to the point that I can't even eat when I'm not on uni campus :|
Married to SnowWright! Father of Tornado of Souls!

DeMatador wrote:
Can I request something, Mark? Disc 3, Track 10. It's called something like "Witch Trial ~ Verdict", and I read it's the only track in which Kitagawa and Nishiura actually collaborated (Kitagawa composed it and Nishiura arranged it). I don't think it's something we've heard widely, so far, since it wasn't in the sound test, like pretty much every track in Disc 3.

That being said SERIOUSLY PEOPLE SOMEONE NEEDS TO RIP ALL 93 TRACKS. It's been 2 days already, how can it still not have been ripped!?

Ah, this is a slight arrangement of the track from the Bonus Pre Order CD (If disk 3 is the movie disk) The Courtrooms Magician. I will upload it later after my classes. :phoenix:

Squirtle!

k i got a download for the soundtrack. Gonna tag all the music and upload it somewhere if anyone wants it :P
Married to SnowWright! Father of Tornado of Souls!

Fate Testarossa

Yes. It's... out there. >_>

Fate is made by クロス

元・超会社員級の管理人

*Nonchalant whistling*

As for actual downloads, yup, it's out there. DeMat, you should know where it is.

Wooster wrote:

I do know :)

You've already uploaded all of it to YT... You're a machine, Bolt.

You know I know, huh? I see you've checked ffshrine too ;)

I am very happy at the moment, by the way.

EDIT: By the way, Bolt, check track 20 of disc 3 in your videos. You wrote "Confronatation".

元・超会社員級の管理人

DeMatador wrote:
EDIT: By the way, Bolt, check track 20 of disc 3 in your videos. You wrote "Confronatation".

What? What typo? I don't see any typo. I don't know what you're talking about. You haven't got any evidence. :sawit:

Wooster wrote:

Finding the Truth at the Speed of Sound

http://www.sonixgvn.net/2013/04/profess ... aiban.html for soundtrack go here

1000% Knight

Seems I'm a little late to the party, but yay, glad this is out~

...Actually, listening through Bolt's playlist, I remember that I don't actually really like the OST that much. Oh well, the good songs (Layton theme v2, Remixed AA songs, Opening cinematic music) makes it worth it~
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Fate Testarossa

Remixed AA Songs <3

Fate is made by クロス

Bad Player wrote:
Seems I'm a little late to the party, but yay, glad this is out~

...Actually, listening through Bolt's playlist, I remember that I don't actually really like the OST that much. Oh well, the good songs (Layton theme v2, Remixed AA songs, Opening cinematic music) makes it worth it~

What don't you like about it? I rather liked both the new themes and the remixes.

1000% Knight

*shrug* The Layton and investigation themes were pretty meh to me (except for the tavern theme), and I just didn't think the court themes fit as well as in the regular AA games.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Heh heh.

I found it today in San Francisco (Japantown). Costed $60 and was the only copy. Was that a decent price...?
So I finally grew a brain and remembered to give myself a signature... Whoopee.
Snackoos IRL. They are delicious and are covered in real chocolate. #so-grateful-I'm-Filipino

Excuse me if I contradict myself. I do that.

A Seeker of Truth

9mayasato9 wrote:
I found it today in San Francisco (Japantown). Costed $60 and was the only copy. Was that a decent price...?

Well most Japanese OSTs can be bought for $31 dollars on Play-Asia, plus shipping and handling of course. I've never gotten anything from there, but assuming shipping was a premium $10, it'd still only be about $41. So... yeah; if you want to save money, get it online. If you wanna get it NOW and that justifies the $20 difference in your mind, I'd say go for it :) :minuki:
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright

9mayasato9 wrote:

Wow, you're lucky to find import soundtracks AT a real store. I always get my stuff from CDJapan. I actually got my copy of the soundtrack for free since it was sent to me for review. You can read it here if you want.

http://www.game-ost.com/albums/37512/pr ... c/#reviews

Last edited by TopHatProfessor1014 on Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Heh heh.

TopHatProfessor1014 wrote:
9mayasato9 wrote:

Wow, you're lucky to find import soundtracks AT a real store. I always get my stuff from CDJapan. I actually got my copy of the soundtrack for free since it was sent to me for review. You can read it hear if you want.

Lucky, you got it free... Helpful review, by the way!

The Kinokuniya bookstore (and Japantown in general, actually) has a lot of imported goods. They even have Japanese sheet music and light novels *cough Durarara cough*. I realize most of what they sell could probably bought for much less online, but my family doesn't trust online purchases, and it's their card, so... And besides, getting this stuff online takes the fun out of going to Japantown (aka the only interesting thing nearby that won't completely kill my wallet) xD

Although... I found it in the first place because Gyakuten Meets Orchestra 2008 was next to it for $51...
Snackoos IRL. They are delicious and are covered in real chocolate. #so-grateful-I'm-Filipino

Quote:

The Kinokuniya bookstore (and Japantown in general, actually) has a lot of imported goods. They even have Japanese sheet music and light novels *cough Durarara cough*. I realize most of what they sell could probably bought for much less online, but my family doesn't trust online purchases, and it's their card, so... And besides, getting this stuff online takes the fun out of going to Japantown (aka the only interesting thing nearby that won't completely kill my wallet) xD

Although... I found it in the first place because Gyakuten Meets Orchestra 2008 was next to it for $51...

That's great that you have an import store. Gyakuten Meets Orchestra 2008 can't even be found online anymore!

I wouldn't distrust online purchases. You can pretty much bet 100% that buying from places like Amazon.com and CDJapan.jp will ensure that you get your package. I've never had anything lost in the male.

Heh heh.

Quote:

That's great that you have an import store. Gyakuten Meets Orchestra 2008 can't even be found online anymore!

I wouldn't distrust online purchases. You can pretty much bet 100% that buying from places like Amazon.com and CDJapan.jp will ensure that you get your package. I've never had anything lost in the male.

Don't get me wrong, I do trust online purchases; my brother has made enough of them over the years that I have nothing against them. It's just that my parents usually say no to them, and it's still their card. Gotta wait until I'm employed to buy online xD

元・超会社員級の管理人

9mayasato9 wrote:

Wow, you're lucky to find import soundtracks AT a real store. I always get my stuff from CDJapan. I actually got my copy of the soundtrack for free since it was sent to me for review. You can read it hear if you want.

Nice review! A minor correction - "The Courtroom's Magician", despite the title, isn't actually a character theme. It's used when pointing out certain contradictions, similarly to "Tell The Truth" and "Objection!".

Wooster wrote:

Quote:

Nice review! A minor correction - "The Courtroom's Magician", despite the title, isn't actually a character theme. It's used when pointing out certain contradictions, similarly to "Tell The Truth" and "Objection!".

Thanks, glad you enjoyed the review. Also thanks for pointing that out. I've edited and fixed that now.

When the GS5 soundtrack album comes out, I'll probably be reviewing that one too!
Page 1 of 1 [ 32 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)