Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)

Page 1 of 2[ 51 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is voicing who?Topic%20Title

Servant of the Goddess of Law

We know who will be voicing the Professor Layton characters,but who will be voicing Wright and Maya? Will Wright be using the same voice actor from Dual Destinies? And who will be voicing Maya? :eh?:
Re: Who is voicing who?Topic%20Title

The King of All

Gammalad wrote:
We know who will be voicing the Professor Layton characters,but who will be voicing Wright and Maya? Will Wright be using the same voice actor from Dual Destinies? And who will be voicing Maya? :eh?:

Phoenix will most likely be voiced by the same voice actor, who knows who will be Maya (I'm hoping the voice actress won't be Wendee Lee, but it's not a big deal).
The king of all, Sir Duke

Deadpool 9 wrote:
Gammalad wrote:

Phoenix will most likely be voiced by the same voice actor, who knows who will be Maya (I'm hoping the voice actress won't be Wendee Lee, but it's not a big deal).

Indeed, Sam Riegel is the most likely candidate for Phoenix right now. Too bad Shibata kept yapping over the English reveal trailer, so there's no way to say for sure right now. Maya is anyone's guess, and I'm also really curious to who's gonna voice Mahone.
"If witches worship demons, does that make Wright the devil's advocate?" - Just some caption on PLvsAA.

Anddd we find out that it is some new guy voicing Phoenix Wright....this will be interesting.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

His new voice is A-OK for me. Much nicer sounding than Sam Riegel's and more fitting... then again, I do like the SOUND of his Japanese voice in PLvAA better than in DD too, but the acting is worse, no doubt about that.

Judging from the very few snippets of gameplay we've seen so far with the new Phoenix, his acting sounds a bit stiff too, but I did like his line delivery of "So this is... the Witch's Court!?" (which you can find a link to at the main page of CR atm)

I've heard Maya say two things so far. #1: "Nooouououououuuuh!" which sounded kinda bad tbh and #2: "I'm Maaya Faaay..." which also didn't sound like the enthusiastic Maya I thought I knew ;-(

Hope she surprises me - and also, we NEED to figure out who these two actors are! I'm guessing it's some unknown british talent or something maybe as has been seen in NoE's translations before aka. Layton's actor for instance. But can anyone recognize the voices?
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

linkenski wrote:
His new voice is A-OK for me. Much nicer sounding than Sam Riegel's and more fitting... then again, I do like the SOUND of his Japanese voice in PLvAA better than in DD too, but the acting is worse, no doubt about that.

Judging from the very few snippets of gameplay we've seen so far with the new Phoenix, his acting sounds a bit stiff too, but I did like his line delivery of "So this is... the Witch's Court!?" (which you can find a link to at the main page of CR atm)

I've heard Maya say two things so far. #1: "Nooouououououuuuh!" which sounded kinda bad tbh and #2: "I'm Maaya Faaay..." which also didn't sound like the enthusiastic Maya I thought I knew ;-(

Hope she surprises me - and also, we NEED to figure out who these two actors are! I'm guessing it's some unknown british talent or something maybe as has been seen in NoE's translations before aka. Layton's actor for instance. But can anyone recognize the voices?

I had just gotten use to Sam Riegel as Phoenix Wright, but yeah the new voice does seem to fit him better...but I still like the original voice from the DS games lol. Just makes me wonder who will voice Wright in AA6

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Here are actors that Phoenix Wright CAN'T be:

1. At first I thought Phoenix was Roger Craig Smith, but I'd recognize his voice from Assassin's Creed II (He was Ezio.)

2. Anakin Skywalker's voice from SW: The Clone Wars would have fitted him, but it was too low. So, that cuts out Matt Lanter.

3. Obviously NOT Sam Riegel.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Gammalad wrote:
I had just gotten use to Sam Riegel as Phoenix Wright, but yeah the new voice does seem to fit him better...but I still like the original voice from the DS games lol. Just makes me wonder who will voice Wright in AA6

I doubt Capcom would suddenly change voice actors for the dubs just like that, as mixed as I feel about some of them.

Honestly, I still find this new actor's performance as Phoenix a little lackluster. After listening to Narumiya over and over again, I've come to be used to his acting, even though in a couple dramatic scenes, it still kills the mood. I was hoping his English actor would ante up the enthusiasm a bit. Sadly, it still feels like someone's reading the script, rather than actually acting.

As for Maya's... I don't have much to say about it other than "meh". Kiritani did just fine as Maya too, so my expectations for her actor are just a little higher than for Phoenix's.

...Somehow, I have a feeling that the cast for the dub is going to be almost exactly on par with the Japanese cast, down to which characters have better acting and so forth.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

This might just be me, but does anyone else think Phoenix's voice is the same guy who voiced Inuyasha and Ranma?

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

InfamousStepladder wrote:
This might just be me, but does anyone else think Phoenix's voice is the same guy who voiced Inuyasha and Ranma?

Richard Ian Cox? It might be possible, since I listened to both Inuyasha and Ranma's clips from BTVA, and they kinda sounded like Phoenix from the "Apprentice Baker" footage. Or it's just you.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

After listening to a few of his lines for Sonic in Sonic Colors, I feel rather convinced that Phoenix's voice actor is Roger Craig Smith. Certainly, there's room for doubt, but the voices just sound so close.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
After listening to a few of his lines for Sonic in Sonic Colors, I feel rather convinced that Phoenix's voice actor is Roger Craig Smith. Certainly, there's room for doubt, but the voices just sound so close.

Are you sure? I just proved it couldn't be Roger Craig Smith, since Phoenix's new voice doesn't sound close to ACII Ezio. Either that, or Smith's accent made it hard to establish Ezio's voice.

There's always a little room for variation, although I do admit that I don't hear that much variation from him. Cox could definitely pull off that voice, but something about it just doesn't convince me.

...unless it really is Jason Griffith. I have my biases against some of his past works, but it doesn't mean his acting is bad. I dunno. It's hard to remove this image I have of Phoenix being a human hedgehog reincarnate sometimes.

After listening to Richard Ian Cox's voice agiain, I'm going to retract my statement. It doesn't sound quite like him. I don't know why I didn't hear it before, but he really does sound like Roger Craig Smith's voice for Sonic.

GyakutenFanatic wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

Are you sure? I just proved it couldn't be Roger Craig Smith, since Phoenix's new voice doesn't sound close to ACII Ezio. Either that, or Smith's accent made it hard to establish Ezio's voice.

You do know that a lot of voice actors can change their voice quite a bit, right? Roger Craig Smith is now voicing Sonic the Hedgehog, but he doesn't sound a thing like Ezio when he does it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pVHJeIUWOI

That's what makes it hard to rule out certain actors since a lot them can do many different sounding voices.

Phoenix' voice actor is most certainly NOT Roger Craig Smith. I've heard his voice acting in a lot of games, including the latest Sonics and I'm pretty sure that isn't it, having played PLvPWAA for a bit ver 2½ hours now :-P

Well then, who do you think it is, good sir? Listening to Smith's acting one more, I admit there is something a little off, but it's not decisive enough to disprove him.

And since I don't know my voice actors for the life of me, I'll just go with whatever sounds like him.

What did he do this time...?

What kind of voice actors do Level 5 even use? Is there some reason why Sam Riegel isn't Phoneix? You'd think he would do it, but maybe because Level 5 is localizing, they're using a different voice actor.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

Danchat wrote:
What kind of voice actors do Level 5 even use? Is there some reason why Sam Riegel isn't Phoneix? You'd think he would do it, but maybe because Level 5 is localizing, they're using a different voice actor.

Maybe they just couldn't get Sam Riegel to come back as Wright?

Gammalad wrote:
Danchat wrote:

I don't think that's it. To me it sounds like they wanted actors who resembled the Japanese cast as closely as possible. The guy they got for Wright in the game sounds very similar to that japanese actor from the GS movie, who also did Phoenix in PLvPWAA, while in Dual Destinies Phoenix has a different actor in japan as well.

I think it's a part of "localization".

Then again, for some reason the judge also has a completely different VA. He sounds like Saruman from LOTR now xD

linkenski wrote:
Gammalad wrote:
Danchat wrote:

I don't think that's it. To me it sounds like they wanted actors who resembled the Japanese cast as closely as possible. The guy they got for Wright in the game sounds very similar to that japanese actor from the GS movie, who also did Phoenix in PLvPWAA, while in Dual Destinies Phoenix has a different actor in japan as well.

I think it's a part of "localization".

Then again, for some reason the judge also has a completely different VA. He sounds like Saruman from LOTR now xD

Honestly the more I hear the new Wright the more I think he fits...it would actually be nice to see more of him in like AA6 but I am sure they will go back to Sam Riegel for that.

I'm not very good at recognizing voices, but I believe Belduke the Alchemist was voiced by Mr. Stephane Cornicard, who voiced Riordan in Dragon Age: Origins.

W101 and P101 player; Ace Attorney fan

Bringing news from editing on the Ace Attorney wiki and Professor Layton wiki, both wikis now state that Phoenix was voiced by Trevor White.

I think many of you are gonna be like, "who the heck is that?"

Well, all I know is that he's Canadian, but as for the rest, he's prob a renowned actor according to stuff said on IMDB.

Kudos to Zlslyger for putting up HD recordings of the game on YouTube

I just started watching the "Fire Witch" trial, and I am quite pleased with Barnham's voice. I see no further criticism needed for him. (Now it's a matter of finding out who voiced him and the mob in the Knight's Court.)

Just wondering who will now be the defacto Phoenix Wright Sam Riegel or this Canadian actor we have never heard of.

Gammalad wrote:
Just wondering who will now be the defacto Phoenix Wright Sam Riegel or this Canadian actor we have never heard of.

I'm sure plenty of people would just do a table flip if they hear this new voice being unchanged in the American version.

On a side note, I've got a mixed feeling on Maya's voice.

EDIT: The Ace Attorney now says that Maya is voiced by Samantha Dakin. So again, I and plenty of us are like, "now who the heck is this girl?" According to IMDB, she's just a recent actress for 2011-2012. Other than that, details about her are quite foggy.

Forever Agent M wrote:
Gammalad wrote:

I'm sure plenty of people would just do a table flip if they hear this new voice being unchanged in the American version.

EDIT: The Ace Attorney now says that Maya is voiced by Samantha Dakin. So again, I and plenty of us are like, "now who the heck is this girl?" According to IMDB, she's just a recent actress for 2011-2012. Other than that, details about her are quite foggy.

I've actually heard some people like Wright's new voice, and I don't think they would change his voice again for the US release of the game, I know they do that with Luke but I can't see it with Wright, specially since they didn't do this with Dual Destinies.

Gammalad wrote:
Forever Agent M wrote:
Gammalad wrote:

I've actually heard some people like Wright's new voice, and I don't think they would change his voice again for the US release of the game, I know they do that with Luke but I can't see it with Wright, specially since they didn't do this with Dual Destinies.

That's Capcom's procedure. LEVEL5's procedure is to release the game around Europe first, and then at least 1 month or so later release the game in America.

On-topic: I'll have to agree that White's voice will be kept for the US release. The Sam Riegel fanbase for Ace Attorney won't be too satisfied though

Thats been true as of late with Level-5 they use to release in Japan then the US then Europe (when it came to older Layton games that is) but honestly I am starting to think this new guy sounds more like Wright than Riegel, don't get me wrong I feel like Riegel is an awesome Phoenix Wright but I feel like this guy comes across more as THE Phoenix Wright...if only he had more emotion in his OBJECTIONS!

Gammalad wrote:
Thats been true as of late with Level-5 they use to release in Japan then the US then Europe (when it came to older Layton games that is) but honestly I am starting to think this new guy sounds more like Wright than Riegel, don't get me wrong I feel like Riegel is an awesome Phoenix Wright but I feel like this guy comes across more as THE Phoenix Wright...if only he had more emotion in his OBJECTIONS!

I agree. Sam Riegel is good for the modern generation audience of Phoenix Wright, but Trevor White could amp it up with his Phoenix voice for Ace Attorney old timers.

元・超会社員級の管理人

garomasta on GameFAQs made a topic with a list of the VAs:

Carina Reeves (Kira)
Christopher Miller (Professor Layton)
David Holt
Emma Tate
Jake Canuso
James Daniel Wilson
Jo Wyatt
Joanna Ruiz
Lewis McLeod
Maria Darling (Luke Triton)
Mark Healy
Peter Egan
Philippa Alexander
Rachel Atkins
Robert Ashby
Samantha Dakin
Tim Watson
Trevor White

Unfortunately, who they played isn't listed. Anyone more familiar with UK dubs willing to make some guesses?
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Bolt Storm wrote:
garomasta on GameFAQs made a topic with a list of the VAs:

Carina Reeves (Kira)
Christopher Miller (Professor Layton)
David Holt
Emma Tate
Jake Canuso
James Daniel Wilson
Jo Wyatt
Joanna Ruiz
Lewis McLeod
Maria Darling (Luke Triton)
Mark Healy
Peter Egan
Philippa Alexander
Rachel Atkins
Robert Ashby
Samantha Dakin
Tim Watson
Trevor White

Unfortunately, who they played isn't listed. Anyone more familiar with UK dubs willing to make some guesses?

You got the Ace Attorney wiki to do some match-ups with

Just checked the wiki Trevor White is our new Phoenix Wright.

Gammalad wrote:
Just checked the wiki Trevor White is our new Phoenix Wright.

I told ya so :/

元・超会社員級の管理人

Forever Agent M wrote:

Well, bear in mind the wiki's a wiki, and IDing voice actors is easier said than done sometimes. Ideally I'd like to see at least a couple people agree before proclaiming something as fact.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Bolt Storm wrote:
Forever Agent M wrote:

Well, bear in mind the wiki's a wiki, and IDing voice actors is easier said than done sometimes. Ideally I'd like to see at least a couple people agree before proclaiming something as fact.

Both the PF and AA wiki have the info down that Trevor White is Phoenix, but we'll need further confirmation on Samantha Dakin being Maya

I just tweeted Trevor White asking him if he is the new Phoenix Wright, wonder if he will reply.

Well, the game's credits listed Trevor White, so I don't see why that shouldn't be Phoenix. Though it did make me skeptical since the name practically appeared at the bottom of the actors list.

linkenski wrote:
Well, the game's credits listed Trevor White, so I don't see why that shouldn't be Phoenix. Though it did make me skeptical since the name practically appeared at the bottom of the actors list.

Kudos to Level5 for listing their cast in the credits unlike Capcom for AA

What did he do this time...?

Forever Agent M wrote:
linkenski wrote:

I hate to be picky, but this is the first Professor Layton game to give credit to the VAs. At least the first three AAs gave credit to their VAs.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

Danchat wrote:
Forever Agent M wrote:
linkenski wrote:

I hate to be picky, but this is the first Professor Layton game to give credit to the VAs. At least the first three AAs gave credit to their VAs.

Yea, I forgot to mention that small detail in my comment. I knew that the trilogy prior to Apollo Justice had a credits sequence for the VA. I thought the previous Professor Layton games did have a credits sequence, but I guess all that info is found on official websites?
Page 1 of 2 [ 51 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)