Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)

Page 1 of 1[ 14 posts ]

Cut-Content / Story-changes [video]Topic%20Title

When i finished playing PLvsPW, i feel as if my memories are playing tricks on me. Am i imagining things?

HOLD IT!
then i think maybe, the game undergo story changes and some content were cut. Like so many games that have the story shown to public long before the game released.

TAKE THAT!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q58t-dzxiZ4 (sorry my japanese are not too good)
after i rewatched the video from 2010, now i see that there are differences :
- the witch court
- the view to burning villege
- the story of accusing the yellow-haired woman
- the teamwork between Maya and Luke
- the story in witch's wood.
- the storyteller himself.

or im just really sleepy and all of those were in the game properly and i, for unknown reason, missed them all >_<
Re: Cut-Content / Story-changes [video]Topic%20Title

迷探偵

No, a lot changed between the initial reveal trailer and the finished product. The script was probably not even near completion at the time of the first trailer, so most elements of that trailer never made it into the actual game. Heck, even the voice actors changed between the trailer and the final product...
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

1000% Knight

I remember noticing Luke aged a few years, and also that Storyteller looked a lot different from the initial trailer.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Emmy was originally planned to join Layton and Luke, but was cut out to prevent a bloated cast. It's why he looked younger in the first trailer and in the concept arts.

Not to mention, the concept arts also had evil versions of Layton and Luke, as well as a mysterious masked man who had many masks. If only they expanded on these plotlines more, they could explain the antagonistic views of the main characters. It'd be perfect for the vs theme.

Well, I can understand the changes they made. Starting the two pairs of main characters on opposing sides would leave both investigation and court segments clashing, and it'd become difficult to justify Espella's innocence when Layton is on the case. Likewise, it'd be just as hard to justify Phoenix defending her to the end if she turned out guilty, or making his famous turnabouts against Layton every case by plot devices.

Still, it still feels like they cut out too much content. The final product turned out pretty well, but not as great as it could have been.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Well, I think the "VS" comes from the end with Inquisitor Layton

I mean, I know I complained about the last case a lot, but that's some of the best fanservice I've ever seen. It was so wrong but so right

A Kirby and AA fan

I so remember the hype from the reveal trailer. It was crazy.
I know I looked forward to having Phoenix up against Layton... And even besting Layton with a Turnabout or two. I'm really sad it didn't get to that.
Of course I would want them to team up eventually, like the trailer seems to show, but I would've loved a confrontation. Instead, we got a duo that appear to be best friends right from the start.
Actually, that irked me when playing. They praised each other so much right from the get-go. It felt forced. Mandated. As if either or both Capcom and/or Level 5 didn't want the image of their characters besmirched, so they weren't allowed to throw mud at each other.

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Well remember, Layton is a gentleman. I don't believe he would be unfriendly towards Phoenix in the beginning unless he had a very good reason. Sure, they might have laid the praise on a little thick between the two of them, but it's not like it's Batman vs Superman here. Of course they'd get along well early on.

An Enigma Among Humans

Yeah, I'm going to out right say it, Layton was dick in the original trailer.

A Kirby and AA fan

TheDoctor wrote:
Well remember, Layton is a gentleman. I don't believe he would be unfriendly towards Phoenix in the beginning unless he had a very good reason. Sure, they might have laid the praise on a little thick between the two of them, but it's not like it's Batman vs Superman here. Of course they'd get along well early on.

Point taken. But even with Layton you can notice if he doesn't like someone and just has a friendly outward appearance. That wasn't the case here. He thought Phoenix was a jolly good fellow right from the get-go.
But yes, you're right. An outright confrontation might not be very much in character. But some neutrality or some distance from the start might've been better. But Layton was immediately interested and friendly in the Baker's Apprentice and Baker's Apprentice's Assistant.

Lord Doitsu wrote:
Yeah, I'm going to out right say it, Layton was dick in the original trailer.

Was he? I thought he wasn't that much a dick. He was opposing Phoenix, but I didn't feel like he was unreasonably so.
Besides, I can imagine it not doing well on the Professor's mood to be Turnabout'd.

Y'know

Well, I wouldn't call that friendly, it seemed like he was more of... interested in them.

I mean, it was pretty apparent they weren't from around here.

I was looking at the sound test and noticed that the thumbnail for Cross-examination - Allegro shows a cross-examination against...
Spoiler:
Edgeworth? Which I'm sure is something that never happened in the game. Edgeworth really doesn't appear during the main game, yet most of his court animations are present in the cameo, even his cross-examination sprite is in the game. Could this mean the prosecutor in the first case might have been Edgeworth at some point? This would also make the cameo at the end a bit more relevant to the main plot.

Y'know

Well, they did completely neglect that the post-credit
s scene took place in LA and that they shouldn't have used British Court there.

A Kirby and AA fan

Vgone wrote:
I was looking at the sound test and noticed that the thumbnail for Cross-examination - Allegro shows a cross-examination against...
Spoiler:
Edgeworth? Which I'm sure is something that never happened in the game. Edgeworth really doesn't appear during the main game, yet most of his court animations are present in the cameo, even his cross-examination sprite is in the game. Could this mean the prosecutor in the first case might have been Edgeworth at some point? This would also make the cameo at the end a bit more relevant to the main plot.

Spoiler:
Well, if you check the extra-content artwork, it says that they planned to have Edgeworth and Larry appear in Labyrinthia as part of the main plot, but they had to change the plans.

The video game boy; the one who wins

Nurio wrote:
Vgone wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Well, if you check the extra-content artwork, it says that they planned to have Edgeworth and Larry appear in Labyrinthia as part of the main plot, but they had to change the plans.

Spoiler:
Larry? Thank goodness that turned out to nothing.

(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)