Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)

Page 1 of 1[ 8 posts ]

What did you think about the multiple witnesses?Topic%20Title

Objection!

I personally thought it was a great addition to the series, although some of them could have been better.

For example:
Spoiler:
The ten knights at the end! Really. Such a pain.

I'm curious to know what you think. Should it be brought into future Ace Attorney games or not?

Sorry if this thread has already been posted.
:phoenix: :phoenix:
Huh!? Hey! You can't just go saying "pal" like that! That's MY endearing character trait!- Dick Gumshoe
Re: What did you think about the multiple witnesses?Topic%20Title

"Eggs?"

Well, it was a big pain with the Vigilantes, I will agree - mostly because of the lag, but still - but it is a good game mechanic. It's neat that you can see other witnesses react to another's testimony, and it doesn't change the traditional testimony feel that much... I guess that's why they're gonna have multiple witness systems in DGS.

And, heh, this too:
Spoiler: Last Trial
The fact that you had to look at the cat was hilariously funny, but a bit unexpected anyway. Although, the fact that Mr. Cantabella's testimony caused Espella to react was indeed a key point in the plot anyway... It just needs some fixing up, is all.

Also, the new feature that the Professor added in - the whole "contradiction between testimony" thing was really cool, but you could only use it at certain parts. That was a bit of a bummer, so maybe that's another feature that DGS can fix.

Altogether verdict? It's pretty cool. :phoenix:

Oh, and uh- how did you post this new topic? I thought only rank 2 and up could post new topics...
I AM BACK KIDDOS AND I'M WATCHING YOU

For me, tumblr is more easily accessible on a day to day basis, so if you REALLY want to, go there. :think:
OR if you want to, message me and I'll send you my Discord!!

Objection!

I have no idea, to be completely honest. I clicked Add New Topic on the Forum Pages and there you go.

Maybe it was a glitch?

What did you think about multiple people reacting to a statement and having to pick only one?

I thought it was tedious.
Huh!? Hey! You can't just go saying "pal" like that! That's MY endearing character trait!- Dick Gumshoe

The video game boy; the one who wins

I thought it was a fun new idea, with room for improvement.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

guilty for stealing all of the oreos.

Definitely an interesting and diverse addition to the game, but I'll admit the part with 10 knights or something and Foxy took me so, so long to figure out and get through. OTL I am so thankful for the little "notice!" feature to help know who contradicted the other though

Gettin' Old!

Loved it.

It really makes for an interesting dynamic to see the witnesses bicker and interact with each other
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

It was okay. The "Hang On!" mechanic wasn't really anything to write home about, but the fact that one witness could contradict another was a welcome feature, if criminally underutilized.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Objectively speaking, this was the main selling point of this game, aside from the very concept of such a monumental crossover. Without the mob-cross examinations, this game might not have sold nearly as well.

Subjectively speaking, it was a strong running start for future developments (looking at you, DGS, you brilliant masterpiece). There hadn't been that much character interaction and livelihood in the courtrooms before then, and if we compare this game to DD, this one definitely has it beat in that department (excluding breakdowns; the breakdowns in DD were amazing, period).

Like several others have mentioned, the bit with pitting testimony against testimony was a little too scarce despite its sense of ingenuity. It would have done better if we had more of that than more of shouting "Hang on!" at too many witnesses on screen at once that cause lag time. (The Vigilantes were brilliant comedy, I'll give you that, but it constantly annoyed me that my 3DS was lagging enough that I couldn't admire the beautiful animations as they were meant to be admired. The problem wasn't only in that particular part either.)

However, now that I've played through DGS, suddenly everything in this game seems a little, well, lackluster. DGS improved on basically everything from this game, and then some. We also didn't have any of that one birdly bard interrupting important testimony every other line, yay!
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)