Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby » Gourdzilla's Lair (GK2)

Page 5 of 5[ 193 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title

OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable

JesusMonroe wrote:
davech1987 wrote:
I am on case 4 and I got to the end pretty fast and it seems about as long as case 1 , I just want to know is case 5 long as case 3 ? becuase case 4 felt wayyyy too short compared to case 2 and 3 .

It's like two hours longer than Case 2 I think, but shorter than Case 3

Thats cool becuase case 2 was rather long and case 3 was very long so not a bad inbetween thanks
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes

Spoiler:
How old is Anubis anyway?

Darth Wiader wrote:
Spoiler:
How old is Anubis anyway?

Spoiler:
Do we know if it's the same dog? Hoinbo could just like having large black dogs that he trains to assassinate

Though, an 18 year old dog isn't an impossibility

JesusMonroe wrote:
Spoiler:
Though, an 18 year old dog isn't an impossibility

Spoiler:
Don't forget that Kuro/Anubis had enough strength to drag a dead body of an adult man, so he couldn't be so old.

Maybe Hoinbo/Dogen liked to name all his dogs Kuro/Anubis (just like Geralt the Witcher called all his horses Roach ;) ).

"Eggs?"

Okay, I'm confused.
Spoiler: The whole game, pretty much
So WHO killed the president?!
Near the end of the game, Shelly de Killer steps in and says that Simon could have jeopardized the assassination of the president, and de Killer killed the President. But wait, what? I thought it was Dogen that was the assassin of the real president, and Simon killed the body double, and no president was killed at Gourd Lake...
Did Simon request de Killer assassinate the president, then manipulate him by having Knightly shoot the balloon?

I AM BACK KIDDOS AND I'M WATCHING YOU

For me, tumblr is more easily accessible on a day to day basis, so if you REALLY want to, go there. :think:
OR if you want to, message me and I'll send you my Discord!!

TheBlackquillz wrote:
Okay, I'm confused.
Near the end of the game, Shelly de Killer steps in and says that Simon could have jeopardized the assassination of the president, and de Killer killed the President. But wait, what? I thought it was Dogen that was the assassin of the real president, and Simon killed the body double, and no president was killed at Gourd Lake...
Did Simon request de Killer assassinate the president, then manipulate him by having Knightly shoot the balloon?

Spoiler:
Dogen killed the President. Simon killed the body double (who was the same "President" as the one at Gourd Lake)

Simon gave Knightley the idea for the fake assassination plan. They told Hayami (the reporter. I don't know her English name) to dress up in a red hood and use a laser pointer to point at the "President". This would create a fake assassin. The "President" would "survive" an assassination attempt and be perceived as a stronger ruler. The blame for the attempted assassination would fall unto an unknown person in a red hood

However, two people took advantage of the fake assassination. The first was Knightley. He used the plan to kill Rooke and say the "assassin" did it. Simon knew he would do this and get arrested as a result (and then he planned on manipulating the warden into killing Knightley)

The second person who took the advantage of the plot was Simon. He hired De Killer to kill the President. The plot failed and Rooke broke De Killer's arm. After the fake assassination was planned, Simon told De Killer to try again and wear a red raincoat. However, De Killer failed this time as well

If Simon's plot went perfectly, the "President" would've been killed by De Killer at Gourd Lake, Knightley would've killed Rooke, got arrested and sent to prison (where he gets killed by the Warden), the Warden would get arrested for killing Knightley, and Blaise would get arrested for killing Crane (or Crane would kill Blaise). Also, the reason Simon brought Kay to the rooftop was so Blaise would frame Kay for Crane's murder (which would motivate Edgeworth to solve the mystery)

Instead, De Killer failed to kill the President, Simon got arrested for the murder of Knightley, and Simon ended up killing the "President" out of a lucky coincidence (he was on the roof when he dropped off Kay)

"Eggs?"

JesusMonroe wrote:
TheBlackquillz wrote:
Okay, I'm confused.

Spoiler:
Dogen killed the President. Simon killed the body double (who was the same "President" as the one at Gourd Lake)

Simon gave Knightley the idea for the fake assassination plan. They told Hayami (the reporter. I don't know her English name) to dress up in a red hood and use a laser pointer to point at the "President". This would create a fake assassin. The "President" would "survive" an assassination attempt and be perceived as a stronger ruler. The blame for the attempted assassination would fall unto an unknown person in a red hood

However, two people took advantage of the fake assassination. The first was Knightley. He used the plan to kill Rooke and say the "assassin" did it. Simon knew he would do this and get arrested as a result (and then he planned on manipulating the warden into killing Knightley)

The second person who took the advantage of the plot was Simon. He hired De Killer to kill the President. The plot failed and Rooke broke De Killer's arm. After the fake assassination was planned, Simon told De Killer to try again and wear a red raincoat. However, De Killer failed this time as well

If Simon's plot went perfectly, the "President" would've been killed by De Killer at Gourd Lake, Knightley would've killed Rooke, got arrested and sent to prison (where he gets killed by the Warden), the Warden would get arrested for killing Knightley, and Blaise would get arrested for killing Crane (or Crane would kill Blaise). Also, the reason Simon brought Kay to the rooftop was so Blaise would frame Kay for Crane's murder (which would motivate Edgeworth to solve the mystery)

Instead, De Killer failed to kill the President, Simon got arrested for the murder of Knightley, and Simon ended up killing the "President" out of a lucky coincidence (he was on the roof when he dropped off Kay)

AND THE TRUTH HAS BEEN REVEALED, AND THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE!!!! But seriously though, that was a pretty elaborate explanation yo. That should be on Wikipedia or something. (And the English reporter's name was Nicole Swift)

For me, tumblr is more easily accessible on a day to day basis, so if you REALLY want to, go there. :think:

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Spoiler: Case 4 and 5
In the letter Simon wrote to Crane from "Kay", it says "Please get revenge for 12 years ago!" Why does it say this? Kay has no connection to SS-5

Spoiler: Reply
Simon knew Blaise would read the letters on Kay/Crane's personage. Blaise knew Crane wanted revenge for 12 years ago but the letter would reveal that Kay was conspiring with Crane. Simon basically knew this would prompt Blaise to frame Kay, which would get Edgeworth to hunt for the truth

I want to know one thing... If this had been localized how would they have explained a blizzard in Los Angeles in case 3? I don't think they get snow there, and that's supposedly where the AA universe takes place in the English version

We've had snow in 2-3

JesusMonroe wrote:
We've had snow in 2-3

I just think it's weird because I don't think it snows in Los Angeles as far as I'm aware.

Yeah but I'm saying localization wouldn't be a problem considering snow was already in 2-3. Plus, the localized games don't take place in LA. It's further north of California near some mountainous areas

The video game boy; the one who wins

The nurse, Touko Mutou? What does it say on her cap?
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Racing through the sky like a Missile

JesusMonroe wrote:
Yeah but I'm saying localization wouldn't be a problem considering snow was already in 2-3. Plus, the localized games don't take place in LA. It's further north of California near some mountainous areas

According to Janet Hsu of Capcom's localization team, she believes it's still set in LA. Los Angeles, Japanifornia, that is.

Clearly, based on the weather elements, the city is much closer to that of San Francisco. Perhaps history changed so that the city of "The Angels" ended up much further north?

Edit: It has to be Fremont. Small lake set in the middle of a park? Check. Shoreline (into the Bay, anyway)? Check. And it's right next to some mountainous regions. Latitude is pretty close to SF too.

The only problem I'm finding is that the coast faces west, not east, like shown in the map of the municipality in the fifth case. Weeeell, I guess we can always pretend that the map was inverted. Something the fan localization team should have picked up on, imo.

Going for Miles wrote:
The nurse, Touko Mutou? What does it say on her cap?

"Safety All"
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Last edited by Rubia Ryu the Royal on Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ah, thanks.

"Eggs?"

I am way too nitpicky... and I think I'm insane just to bring this up.
Spoiler: Dead bodies!
So, about the Fake President of Zheng Fa. Um, when they found his body and everything, shouldn't he have been all fat and squishy? The fake retained his buff physique facade by inhaling a bunch of air, and when he let out that air, he went all fat. so since he died, shouldn't all of the air have left his body (or been squished out) and he would be a blob again? One could argue the fact that rigor mortis could have set in quickly and left his body all buff, and the fact that he was kept in a freezer for a day probably helped, but I was just so confused after thinking about it for a minute. I promise I'm not a forensic expert, so anyone have any ideas? Or will this be an unsolvable contradiction of fat?

I will admit, I kinda creeped myself out when I was typing this... :beef:

TheBlackquillz wrote:
So, about the Fake President of Zheng Fa. Um, when they found his body and everything, shouldn't he have been all fat and squishy? The fake retained his buff physique facade by inhaling a bunch of air, and when he let out that air, he went all fat. so since he died, shouldn't all of the air have left his body (or been squished out) and he would be a blob again? One could argue the fact that rigor mortis could have set in quickly and left his body all buff, and the fact that he was kept in a freezer for a day probably helped, but I was just so confused after thinking about it for a minute. I promise I'm not a forensic expert, so anyone have any ideas? Or will this be an unsolvable contradiction of fat?

The first real plothole

TheBlackquillz wrote:

The answer is actually really simple.
Spoiler:
It's all the forensics' team's fault. They did an autopsy of the body and conveniently forgot to mention that it wasn't the real President's body.

But to be honest, I legitimately thought someone replaced the fake's body with the body of the real President at some point before investigations began. Clearly, that wasn't the case; but it kinda ruins the mystery if we could tell right away that it was the fake who died.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

"Eggs?"

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
The answer is actually really simple.
Spoiler:
It's all the forensics' team's fault. They did an autopsy of the body and conveniently forgot to mention that it wasn't the real President's body.

But to be honest, I legitimately thought someone replaced the fake's body with the body of the real President at some point before investigations began. Clearly, that wasn't the case; but it kinda ruins the mystery if we could tell right away that it was the fake who died.

Spoiler: Wait a minute
I wasn't talking about why they didn't figure out that it was a fake president, I was talking about why the fake was still buff and not fat... :yogi:

Yes, I realize that, and I jokingly responded to a different point altogether. Clearly, my attempt at sarcasm has failed and I will now commit seppuku in shame.

1000% Knight

TheBlackquillz wrote:

It's just character shtick, don't think too hard about it
Spoiler:
if you're going to be this nitpicky, you shouldn't be questioning this, you should be questioning how someone that fat could fake a physique that buff juts from inhaling air

Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

"Eggs?"

True, true...
Spoiler: But...
I don't think anyone juts from inhaling air... *wink wink nudge nudge* :kay:

Winter Flag Trademark

Can anyone tell me the reason why everyone likes GK2 more than GK?

(I could've just created a thread about it, but I don't know what to put on the first post, and that kinda would count as a spam, so I posted it on this thread. Bah.) :meekins:

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

I can only answer for myself but I think the overall story of GK2 is way more compelling than that of GK, and the cameos, although there's too many of them for my taste, feels less pointless. Have you played/watched both of them?

Winter Flag Trademark

Going for Miles wrote:
I can only answer for myself but I think the overall story of GK2 is way more compelling than that of GK, and the cameos, although there's too many of them for my taste, feels less pointless. Have you played/watched both of them?

If you're talking about GK2: Played it. Completed it. :damon:

Yeah, I was wondering whether you had experienced it yourself or was just curious beforehand. :maya: Did you prefer the first GK?

Winter Flag Trademark

Well, although I have played (and completed it) GK, I have played it more than how much I played GK2. :yogi:

I can't speak for everyone but a lot of people also thought that the story and the villains were better,and,wellit may seem odd but I think a lot of people would answer "Case 3" to that question.If you played it you will understand what I mean.
Signature loading, please wait...

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Not to mention, the Mastermind was more compelling than Quercus Alba.

Great Revival

Is that emblem on Sebastian's coat the Themis Legal Academy's logo?

Oliver wrote:

Yes, pretty sure they included it in DD as a call back.
Signature loading, please wait...

Great Revival

cesar26100 wrote:
Oliver wrote:

Yes, pretty sure they included it in DD as a call back.

Okay, I wasn't sure if I just imagined it...neat.
Page 5 of 5 [ 193 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby » Gourdzilla's Lair (GK2)