Board index » Hosted » Chicken Kitchen

Page 1 of 1[ 25 posts ]

Ghost Trick- from the creators of ace attorneyTopic%20Title

It's very surprising that no thread has been opened about it.

The game itself is pretty much self-explanatory in terms of what/how to go around the game.

Unfortunately I'm no where skilled enough to read a single word in the game.

Still, I felt like a thread should be opened in honor of this game, rather then let it's debut go unnoticed.

By the way - I felt significant differences between the demo of the first stage and the first stage in the game, mostly about way you solve it.

Share some opinions, especially if you can read Japanese and can play this game to the fullest.
NO SPOILERS :3
Re: Ghost Trick (JAP) is out!Topic%20Title

A.K.A Very Melon

Even though Ghost Trick's "creator" is the same guy who made Ace Attorney series this game hasn't yet caught my attention.

-SS
Spoiler: StepMania vids

Call me Ishmael.

I, on the other hand, am hooked. Seems awesome.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

The Twisted Samurai

can't we discuss it here?
OT:Yeah I pretty much want that game
can't wait to get it
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

The Midnight Lurker

Thanks to my father, I'm really into anything about the paranormal, so there are two things that made this game catch my attention. Even though I was fairly confused half the time during the Jap. demo, it was really fun. I completely failed at it though and I nearly ran out of time. I got lucky. XD Augh, I need to learn Japanese faster, damnit! I could've been playing this and actually UNDERSTOOD it by now! *runs off to go practice*

Even though I can't read a single sentence in Japanese, I was able to play my way through a bunch of levels.

Nevertheless, I've decided to halt, as I seem to miss alot of the interesting plot of the game.
Guess I'm just sick of imagining what these guys are talking about :)

Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.

Should we use this thread for general Ghost Trick discussion, or would it be better to just start a fresh one (considering this one is focused only on the Japanese release)?

EDIT: Thanks for the thread name change! The bountiful discussion previously conducted at the old forums can be found here.

Totally not my sig...
Re: Ghost Trick- from the creators of ace attorneyTopic%20Title

Wonderful art. Check it:
Spoiler: SPOILERS GALORE!

Totally not my sig...

Last edited by shadowofedgeworth on Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

I dunno if it's just me but only the last two images work on my computer =/
Although I do still love them. Especially the last one. Ghost Trick style just allows for all kinds of awesome art~

Midnight Jasper wrote:

All of the images (except the last two) are from a site your computer may be blocking because of its questionable nature: Sankaku Complex.

Totally not my sig...

The Twisted Samurai

Gosh, I really love this game.
Finished it in two days or so. (A few months ago)
I also really like the music, the first time you see what happens.

shadowofedgeworth wrote:
Midnight Jasper wrote:

All of the images (except the last two) are from a site your computer may be blocking because of its questionable nature: Sankaku Complex.

But my computer ain´t blocking it, since I got no safety-Stuff in or whatever, yet I can´t see the pictures.

Midnight Jasper wrote:

Coffee Prosecutor wrote:
But my computer ain´t blocking it, since I got no safety-Stuff in or whatever, yet I can´t see the pictures.

Ahh, sorry about that, it's been a while since I've done this...

I think it should work now.

Totally not my sig...

The Twisted Samurai

Yes, now they work and they all look awesome.

THAT ART IS ALL SO COOL
THANK YOU FOR BRINGING THIS INTO MY LIFE :D

I want to cosplay Lynne and drag along my black cat-with-a-red-scarf-tied-around-it to an Expo, but I'm too afraid of losing him :(
It would make my day to see a Sissel (Yomiel) cosplayer though. How would you even get around with that hair?

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Picked up this game and played it Late March.

It was amazing. The story never ceased to be interesting and engaging. The characters were all extremely well-developed. The gameplay is also pretty fun even if it does get a teensy bit frustrating.
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!

Ghost Trick was pretty awesome. The story was great and the gameplay was all too new for me. It was fairly easy though and I beat it in like two days.

Ghost Trick came in the mail 2 days ago, and I just finished it. I loved it. I loved how the mystery is built up. I loved how my opinions of the characters changed over the course of the game. I loved how everything unfolded in the end.

I don't love the fact that it's now 2:22 in the morning.

But whatever, it was worth it. And besides, I don't think would have liked it if other people saw me break down when I reached the ending.

元・超会社員級の管理人

I played through this over spring break, and I loved it. It reminded me a lot of the first AA in ways I couldn't put my finger on.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

The Trusty Nudal!

Yes, this game was all around amazing. The graphics and animations were beautiful, and the way the story came together at the end was stunning. ^_^

Unfortunately, I don't see how they can make a sequel... =/

nudalman wrote:
Unfortunately, I don't see how they can make a sequel... =/

I agree. As much as I want a sequel, it just doesn't seem necessary. The story was already wrapped up pretty nicely.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

They could always have someone else with their very own special type of Ghost Trick. It would be more of a spinoff than a sequel, unless they find some way to significantly connect it with the first one...
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!

A spinoff seems plausible. I wouldn't mind seeing new characters in a new storyline, but I'm definitely gonna miss the old characters. <3

Bolt Storm wrote:
It reminded me a lot of the first AA in ways I couldn't put my finger on.

Sure enough. I believe this is largely because several characters in Ghost Trick evoke Ace Attorney characters. Some of the similarities may be superficial, but I think they're still there.

Spoiler: Some character comparisons, with GHOST TRICK SPOILERS
Sissel= :nick:

Big no-brainer here. The way they express themselves is amazingly similar, although Sissel is much less likely to lose his cool than Phoenix. They're both quite sarcastic, but they still have a strong moral compass guiding them. They also both spend a lot of time searching for the "truth" (although Sissel's quest is certainly of a much more personal nature.)

Lynne= :maya:/ :notes:

Lynne is a sort of composite character of both Maya and Ema, drawing traits from both (not surprising, considering Maya and Ema are already deliberate mirror images of each other). She has Maya's breathless energy and bottomless stomach, along with a bit of Maya's spacey behavior on some occasions. At the same time, her position as a detective and her history of admiration for law enforcement ties her directly to Ema, and her outfit is even somewhat reminiscent of adult Ema's lab coat. On a deeper level, Lynne is determined to prove Detective Jowd's innocence of a crime she knows in her heart he didn't commit, just as Ema so passionately sought to prove Lana's innocence when Bruce Goodman was murdered.

Kamila= :pearl:

Connections are slightly more tenuous here, but Kamila's general innocence at least reminded me of how Pearl usually acts. She is also very much under Lynne's wing, like Pearl is to Maya. Furthermore, both characters have been through a lot of crap. Kamila (sort of kind of not exactly) is responsible for her mother's death, her father took the fall and ended up on death row, and she was held hostage by an assassin after said assassin shot her dog. Pearl, of course, saw her mother arrested, then was manipulated by her in a plan that killed Misty Fey and almost killed Maya, the person most important to her. In short, both of these characters are humongous woobies.

Inspector Cabanela= :gant:

The first thing to say is that Cabanela is definitely not evil like Gant. Nevertheless, I think the similarities are there. Cabanela, like Gant, is renowned for being a whiz investigator and completely eccentric to boot. Furthermore, as seen in parts of the game, he has a tendency to "lean" on his underlings in a nice/sinister way to bend them to his will when they're not going right along with what he says. For much of the game, he is also seen as a ladder-climber, much like Gant. To top it all off, he and Jowd were once famous partners on the police force, much like Gant and Lana. Cabanela seems ready to see his old partner Jowd go to the chair for a murder, just as Gant is ready to see Lana get the death penalty for Bruce Goodman's murder. (Of course the big difference is that initially Cabanela truly believes Jowd is guilty, whereas Gant is making Lana take the fall for his crime.) All in all, strange as it may seem, quite a few ties between these two.

Detective Jowd= :lana:

At the beginning of the game, Jowd, like Lana, is a shadow of his former self, defeated, ready to die for a crime he knows he didn't commit. Lynne is working her hardest to see justice done, as Ema was for Lana, but Jowd is resigned to his fate. Thanks to Lynne and Sissel's persistence in trying to save him, though, he finally realizes that there may be a way out of his miserable quandary and begins to try to save himself. Lana, in a very similar manner, helps Phoenix somewhat toward the end of the case after he has worked so hard to prove her innocence, even in the face of her repeated, flat assertions that she is guilty.

There may be even more character parallels and similarities between Ace Attorney and Ghost Trick, but I figured these were the most obvious ones. I think they go a long way toward explaining why this game feels so similar to Ace Attorney.

Totally not my sig...

shadowofedgeworth wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:
It reminded me a lot of the first AA in ways I couldn't put my finger on.

Sure enough. I believe this is largely because several characters in Ghost Trick evoke Ace Attorney characters. Some of the similarities may be superficial, but I think they're still there.

Spoiler: Some character comparisons, with GHOST TRICK SPOILERS
Sissel= :nick:

Big no-brainer here. The way they express themselves is amazingly similar, although Sissel is much less likely to lose his cool than Phoenix. They're both quite sarcastic, but they still have a strong moral compass guiding them. They also both spend a lot of time searching for the "truth" (although Sissel's quest is certainly of a much more personal nature.)

Lynne= :maya:/ :notes:

Lynne is a sort of composite character of both Maya and Ema, drawing traits from both (not surprising, considering Maya and Ema are already deliberate mirror images of each other). She has Maya's breathless energy and bottomless stomach, along with a bit of Maya's spacey behavior on some occasions. At the same time, her position as a detective and her history of admiration for law enforcement ties her directly to Ema, and her outfit is even somewhat reminiscent of adult Ema's lab coat. On a deeper level, Lynne is determined to prove Detective Jowd's innocence of a crime she knows in her heart he didn't commit, just as Ema so passionately sought to prove Lana's innocence when Bruce Goodman was murdered.

Kamila= :pearl:

Connections are slightly more tenuous here, but Kamila's general innocence at least reminded me of how Pearl usually acts. She is also very much under Lynne's wing, like Pearl is to Maya. Furthermore, both characters have been through a lot of crap. Kamila (sort of kind of not exactly) is responsible for her mother's death, her father took the fall and ended up on death row, and she was held hostage by an assassin after said assassin shot her dog. Pearl, of course, saw her mother arrested, then was manipulated by her in a plan that killed Misty Fey and almost killed Maya, the person most important to her. In short, both of these characters are humongous woobies.

Inspector Cabanela= :gant:

The first thing to say is that Cabanela is definitely not evil like Gant. Nevertheless, I think the similarities are there. Cabanela, like Gant, is renowned for being a whiz investigator and completely eccentric to boot. Furthermore, as seen in parts of the game, he has a tendency to "lean" on his underlings in a nice/sinister way to bend them to his will when they're not going right along with what he says. For much of the game, he is also seen as a ladder-climber, much like Gant. To top it all off, he and Jowd were once famous partners on the police force, much like Gant and Lana. Cabanela seems ready to see his old partner Jowd go to the chair for a murder, just as Gant is ready to see Lana get the death penalty for Bruce Goodman's murder. (Of course the big difference is that initially Cabanela truly believes Jowd is guilty, whereas Gant is making Lana take the fall for his crime.) All in all, strange as it may seem, quite a few ties between these two.

Detective Jowd= :lana:

At the beginning of the game, Jowd, like Lana, is a shadow of his former self, defeated, ready to die for a crime he knows he didn't commit. Lynne is working her hardest to see justice done, as Ema was for Lana, but Jowd is resigned to his fate. Thanks to Lynne and Sissel's persistence in trying to save him, though, he finally realizes that there may be a way out of his miserable quandary and begins to try to save himself. Lana, in a very similar manner, helps Phoenix somewhat toward the end of the case after he has worked so hard to prove her innocence, even in the face of her repeated, flat assertions that she is guilty.

There may be even more character parallels and similarities between Ace Attorney and Ghost Trick, but I figured these were the most obvious ones. I think they go a long way toward explaining why this game feels so similar to Ace Attorney.

Spoiler: More comparisons and GT spoilers
And Yomiel's pretty much a combination of Yanni Yogi (named pet after fiancée who committed suicide), Joe Darke (escaped during an interrogation and held a young girl hostage) and Godot (seeking revenge for something that wasn't even the fault of the people he was seeking revenge on).

And adding to the comparisons:

Missile = :missile:

Beauty = :franziska:
Her outfit (cuffs, pencil skirt, stockings, heels, RIDING CROP) and the way she carries herself (with an air of pride and superiority) reminds me very much of Franziska.
Page 1 of 1 [ 25 posts ] 

Board index » Hosted » Chicken Kitchen