Board index » Hosted » Chicken Kitchen

Page 1 of 1[ 11 posts ]

Ghost Trick 2 IdeasTopic%20Title

Yup. I'm a salmon.

This is my idea for a Ghost Trick sequel that I came up with a while ago, but please feel free to come up with some of your own!

Hey, I'm not sure if anybody already thought of this or not, but I came up with an idea for a sequel (Or at least a new conflict) for the Ghost Trick universe.

Now, this idea of a new conflict revolves around a villain that's both new and old. A being that has seen many family members die. A being that is conflicted about it's own purpose, and has been basically alone it's entire life (Because there is no one else like him). And more importantly, we are to blame for torturing this self-proclaimed "innocent" soul, and we do it seemingly without reason to everyone of it's kind.

Have you figured out what "it" could be yet?
Spoiler:
A sentient, maybe even highly intelligent bug. One that easily would have died during the Temsik meteorite incident 10 years ago and discovered his new powers.

Maybe he could even have the power to combine other ghost powers so that he can slowly (So slowly that the story takes place after Ghost Trick's present) build up an army of apparitions to literally crush the entire city and force people into hiding. Basically, he wants them to feel the same way that he has always felt for his entire life.

However, (This is another idea I had) that army may still need some protection so another dead character (Probably not a human) helps them out by using the power to manipulate metal (Only metal). They can use this metal (And the "combining powers" power) to create an armored giant that could easily accomplish the task at hand. It's later revealed that an older version of that metal-powered character, now realizing why they needed his help, tries to find a way to save himself, thinking that it would solve everything.

However, since he knows nothing about Temsik and can't remember anything about himself, he has no starting point and cannot stop himself from dying. A young him figures out his new powers and the cycle continues. Army thing has a plan, he gets roped into it, place is destroyed, he feels horrible and needs to go back in time to correct it, but can't.

I don't really know how that cycle would be broken, but once again, it's just an idea.

I think a bug would at least be an interesting main villain, though. I think that it would work well.
Anyway, I just wanted to share my ideas. Let me know what you think!

Last edited by IronicSalmon on Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Ghost Trick 2 IdeaTopic%20Title

You lost me after the villain identity part.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

After playing the first Ghost Trick I was convinced it wouldn't ever need a sequel since it closed the lids on so many things, but now that you mention it, the origins of the Temsik could be something to be explored, potentially making the series become a trilogy. And I bet there would be a lot of new tricks (no pun intended) if the series evolved on the 3DS :)

I think your idea is interesting enough. It would work as a concept, though maybe I'm not too fond of the army-building thing and I don't think Ghost Trick should go to the scale where an entire city is gonna be threatened. Bigger is rarely better, so I'd stray from that if I wrote the games.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

The city part also kinda bugged me (pun slightly intended), but the idea of such a villain terrorist character would be quite a nice one. :godot:

Yup. I'm a salmon.

Yeah, I can see why a city at stake wouldn't be very appealing (And frankly :sawit: it's been done so many times).

Also, the second part of the idea (Regarding the armor and other character) was just a way of explaining how destroying a city would even be possible. I do think that a bug would be a great character since we really do treat them pretty badly (Not that I'm some sort of bug activist or something) I think it would be some nice motivation for the character.

Hmmm…for the past 2 1/2 years I've not been expecting or wanting a sequel; I literally think Ghost Trick had one of the best endings to not just any video game, but any story told through any medium ever. Every one of the several crazy mysteries resolved, every baffling question answered, everything somehow managing to make perfect sense, and just everything…perfect!
But I think you may have something there. As long as the story is enough of a departure from the original and doesn't ruin the first one retroactively then it could all work out well!

Queen of the Realm of Literacy

I believe the creator of the game had an idea of a crossover between Ghost Trick and Ace Attorney, where Phoenix died and had to solve his death, and Sissel acted as prosecutor. If there was a sequel, that would be an awesome thing to have. Especially after the Professor Layton crossover.

ZeldaQueen wrote:
I believe the creator of the game had an idea of a crossover between Ghost Trick and Ace Attorney, where Phoenix died and had to solve his death, and Sissel acted as prosecutor. If there was a sequel, that would be an awesome thing to have. Especially after the Professor Layton crossover.

Yeah, idea... Not much more. He was talking guesses there, not coming up with actual plot.

Sligneris wrote:
ZeldaQueen wrote:

Yeah, idea... Not much more. He was talking guesses there, not coming up with actual plot.

Hey, everything starts as an idea and not much more!

I love Ghost Trick as is, and I'm not sure how well a crossover would work... but if it ever happened, I'd be the first one all over that. Bonus points if Missile and Missile get to meet somehow.

Coyote wrote:
Sligneris wrote:
ZeldaQueen wrote:

Hey, everything starts as an idea and not much more!

I love Ghost Trick as is, and I'm not sure how well a crossover would work... but if it ever happened, I'd be the first one all over that. Bonus points if Missile and Missile get to meet somehow.

Well, I'm just glad that he's still thinking about Ghost Trick at all. While I'm not seeing this crossover idea, I'm seriously hoping to get a sequel to Ghost Trick at some point. I know a lot of people are saying that the game is fine as-is, and that there isn't really a need for a sequel, and neither do I. But.. well, let me put it this way: if Takumi made and released a Ghost Trick 2, would you seriously hesitate from buying it?
Serve the Story - that's one of my rules.
--------------
That wasn't an objection, honest! I was just pointing someone to the bus stop!
Re: Ghost Trick 2 IdeasTopic%20Title

The legend. The myth. The hedgehog.

I had an idea for a story and game, which I posted in a different topic:
Spoiler:
Someone were to do research on the meteor, only to be killed by someone who was trying to sabotage them. Meteor gets blown up in the process, Temsik blows through him, bam, Ghost tricks. Player gets up (with the power to manipulate bodies) and tries to figure out just what happened. Now, here's where the game mechanics change a little. It takes place in a semi-3D perspective (think the same style as the previous game, but the camera can be spun), and have the ability to move your character. The puzzles now revolve more around gaining access to various areas and people with an added open-world aspect due to a free-moving character. You can do various things to get different endings. The tradition of being able to use others with different powers returns, and different choices get different helpers. This would add re-playability to the game. At some point early on, you would meet Sissel, who would walk the player through the early stages of the game (much like how Ray AKA Missile walked you through the early parts of Phantom Detective. The problem with him appearing could be fixed by simply telling the player what happened, but not going into great detail.
Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Board index » Hosted » Chicken Kitchen