Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 1 of 1[ 18 posts ]

Ponco & Clonco: The robots (*spoilers*)Topic%20Title

Video Game Veteran / M.U.G.E.N.

Ponco is, SO ADORABLE! I think that she's going to be my new favorite robot! She gets so happy when people want to ask her questions. The way their heads spin around when they lean right and left is just SO CUTE! Just their, cute little personalities. I just love little robots like these. I want to hug her! ^_^

Also, Poor Clonco. He gets abused by Ms. Aura Blackquill so much in this game. He even gets "possessed" so to speak by her voice, possibly via remote control communicator during the whole "robot revolution" thing. Which of course, Aura started to begin with. Even her name is displayed when Aura talks through Clonco. He takes every abuse imaginable. Poor, Poor Clonco...... Though sounded like he rather enjoyed it at the end of the game from what I can tell. But still, even if she could repair them, you shouldn't be able to harm robots like that despite not having true human feelings. They're still AI built robot emotional feelings, nonetheless.

Clonco being the male type robot, Ponco being a female type robot, I think I favor Ponco, and her little antenna's on her head are just cute.
Re: Ponco & Clonco: The robots (*spoilers*)Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Yeah Clonco is utterly adorable. I love the Judges' reaction when he gets her in court.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Oh, I've been dying to ask this. In the Japanese version, Aura sometimes calls Clonco "Ponco-2" (pun with ponkotsu = junk). What does she call him in the English one?

Quote:
Yeah Clonco is utterly adorable. I love the Judges' reaction when he gets her in court.

...Eh, what?
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Pierre wrote:

Uuhh...... Yea, your statement has a contradiction in it. To re-instate:
Clonco is the male (green) robot.
Ponco is the female (red) robot.

As a big fan of cute robots, I really get the names correct 100% of the time. :)

Gettin' Old!

:ron: Apologies this seems to be a sensitive issue for some.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

The cape is self-fluttering

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Oh, I've been dying to ask this. In the Japanese version, Aura sometimes calls Clonco "Ponco-2" (pun with ponkotsu = junk). What does she call him in the English one?

I think she just calls it piece of junk, or a hunk of junk, or something like that. So... yeah, something to do with junk.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Doesn't scream into DS microphones.

Adrian in black wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

I think she just calls it piece of junk, or a hunk of junk, or something like that. So... yeah, something to do with junk.

It's always something like that, yeah.
"I can't go to hell, little weirdo. I'm all out of vacation days."

Got distorted by the vodka something idk

Both robots are adorable, in my opinion. I've never seen works of fictions design robots with such cute designs and personalities~ My only question is this: with how Dual Destinies ended, who's supposed to take care of them after Aura gets arrested? I mean, you can't just let the robots go uncared for :larry:. Possibly have them reside in Blackquill's office?

If there's ever going to be a GS6 in the far, far future from now, I suspect that they may be tied with Athena Cykes. Considering she has her little micro computer nicknamed Widget. After all, the robots were made by her mother. So I imagine they may either visit Athena while in office, or she may go and visit them or something. But I can see there is a little bit of a connection. Whether or not they will be seen again, we'll just have to wait and see what Capcom ever comes up with next. :)

Got distorted by the vodka something idk

N-Mario wrote:
If there's ever going to be a GS6 in the far, far future from now, I suspect that they may be tied with Athena Cykes. Considering she has her little micro computer nicknamed Widget. After all, the robots were made by her mother. So I imagine they may either visit Athena while in office, or she may go and visit them or something. But I can see there is a little bit of a connection. Whether or not they will be seen again, we'll just have to wait and see what Capcom ever comes up with next. :)

Well, the reason I think it's more likely that the robots will go with Simon rather than Athena is that, for one, Athena already had widget, and an ability to sense discord, so she doesn't need two more emotion-perceiving robots to accompany her, whereas the robots may actually be of use to Simon. For two, Athena already has the company of Apollo and Phoenix, whereas Blackquill would be rather lonely, considering he was released from prison very recently. There is also the fact that the robots being Aura's prior to her arrest, so if she was allowed any input as to where they went, she'd likely choose Simon over Athena seeing as how he respected him more than Athena.

How about just letting them stay at the Space Center where they've been for these past 7 years? They depend on the tags on those jackets the crew always wear for identification anyway.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

That's kind of what I was thinking when I said in the next game where Athena could visit them or something. Since I assume they can only move around on flat surfaces and everything, it only makes sense that they wouldn't be able to go with one of the protagonists.

Procrastinating...

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

Quote:

...Eh, what?

He/it gets called "Hunk of Junk".... Poor robot. :(
So... How's life?

Ultimate Survivor

As goofy as the robot takeover thing was, I still think they're pretty cute. I love Ponco's "head spin" animation.
Now, even if you apologize...I will not forgive you.

Adrian in black wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

She should've called him Junko.

rip in peace, wasted opportunity :sadshoe:

Also Ponco is adorable I want one :pearl-blush:

Just of curiosity, how much fan art is usually drawn of some of the Ace Attorney witnesses? I see a lot of fan art of the protagonists, and of the antagonists. But I hardly see much of anyone else involved. I tried looking around if there are some fan art of Ponco/Clonco robots in this game, but all I could find were official artwork/scans of them. As much as people love robots, I'd imagine there would be a at least 1 or 2 around, but I couldn't find anything, especially on DeviantArt there were none.

Pixiv has a bigger selection from the Japanese fanbase, seeing how they got the game earlier. There are plenty of art of side characters, but the robots aren't given that much attention anyway. I only found a small collection with Ponco and Clonco. This one is beautiful, though. Sadly, I haven't found one of Clonco going crazy... outside of a fan comic strip.

Ultimate Survivor

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Pixiv has a bigger selection from the Japanese fanbase, seeing how they got the game earlier. There are plenty of art of side characters, but the robots aren't given that much attention anyway. I only found a small collection with Ponco and Clonco. This one is beautiful, though. Sadly, I haven't found one of Clonco going crazy... outside of a fan comic strip.

Super cute. :pearl: Look, baby Taka!
Now, even if you apologize...I will not forgive you.
Page 1 of 1 [ 18 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)