Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 3 of 5[ 192 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Re: GS5 Spoiler DiscussionTopic%20Title

Racing through the sky like a Missile

I thought he was a robot by the way he's always repeating "end justifies the means" over and over.

...Wait, what did I just think? "Maybe the Professor Means we meet in this game isn't the REAL Professor Means! The real guy was killed and replaced by an emotion-sensing robot! OH SNAAAAAAP."

"The true perpetrator for everything is *gasp* ...Metis Cykes." *plays ominous music*
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

1000% Knight

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
I thought he was a robot by the way he's always repeating "end justifies the means" over and over.

...Wait, what did I just think? "Maybe the Professor Means we meet in this game isn't the REAL Professor Means! The real guy was killed and replaced by an emotion-sensing robot! OH SNAAAAAAP."

"The true perpetrator for everything is *gasp* ...Metis Cykes." *plays ominous music*

Both Means and Athena are robots!!!
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Ash wrote:
Ah, but is
Spoiler:
Phantom
male? :3

thats one thing that sucked, why couldn't they reveal the phantoms true face?
Spoiler: phantom
I liked though how he kept changing every mask especially during his final breakdown

The cape is self-fluttering

Shelly_De_Killer wrote:
Ash wrote:
Ah, but is
Spoiler:
Phantom

I liked though how he kept changing every mask especially during his final breakdown

Spoiler: masks
My favorite part of that was just before the Phoenix mask... you know, when you hear the "Objection!" and Apollo looks at Phoenix and says something like, "Did you just object to yourself, Mr. Wright?" Just. LOL.

"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Levi x Tide detergent OTP

Shelly_De_Killer wrote:
Ash wrote:
Ah, but is
Spoiler:
Phantom

Spoiler:
It's for that one element (don't know the name) in literature or fiction where it kinda pulls off a bit of mystery or suspense, enen after climax.

"Girl, shut up and drink my spiked coffee." - Godot AckermanImage

TheDimensionofTime wrote:
Shelly_De_Killer wrote:
Ash wrote:
Ah, but is
Spoiler:
Phantom

Spoiler:
It's for that one element (don't know the name) in literature or fiction where it kinda pulls off a bit of mystery or suspense, enen after climax.

Spoiler:
I know but still i wish i could see his face or if they even discussed abit of his identity after the case is over

Just had a though what if the
Spoiler: Fulbright theory
sniper that shot Fulbright was Shelly De Killer?

^ Nah, I doubt it.
Spoiler:
Shelly de Killer always works alone and never under an organization of any sort. Besides, he seems as one to favor close encounters with his victims, so doesn't normally use guns.

Besides, if it was de Killer, Fool Bright would probably be dead by now.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
^ Nah, I doubt it.
Spoiler:
Shelly de Killer always works alone and never under an organization of any sort. Besides, he seems as one to favor close encounters with his victims, so doesn't normally use guns.

Besides, if it was de Killer, Fool Bright would probably be dead by now.

He could still use guns if necsasary so it's still possible it could be him
Spoiler:
sent by his client from which ever organization to kill Fulbright

Last edited by Church Of Sumire on Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Procrastinating...

Lumine wrote:
Aside from the previous notes...
Spoiler: My opinion
It wasn't the best but it was a good Ace Attorney game. I can't say I'm disappointed with it at all. Im only disappointed that the Gramarye/Jurist thing was thrown away... and come on, in the Dark Age of Law, the Jurist system isn't being implemented? What the ****? That doesn't make any sense to me.

Well.....

Spoiler:
The Jurist system was discontinued because of the fact that the jurists really couldn't trust the legal system nor their fellow jurists. I think this is what it is, sorry if I gave you misinformation.... :yogi:

So... How's life?

i've never had a girlfriend

My Theory on the TRUE Villain of AA5

Spoiler:
So if you play through the game, you'll come to the conclusion that the "spy" is just some no name throwaway character. It's never even revealed what his "true face" looks like.

I have a theory as to who the REAL villain is. As the villain is having a mental breakdown due to his "fear", he cycles through a lot of different characters' faces. When the villain says he doesn't even remember his face and he goes through different disguises, that's really all of us. Each one of our faces is another one of the villain's disguise. My theory is that we are all the villain. That's right. You are the villain. Your current physical appearance is just another one of the villain's personas.

Don't you remember when you were contacted to become a spy? Don't you remember 7 years ago from now when you went to the space center to steal the moon rock? Don't you remember taking on the identity of Bobby Fulbright and helping Phoenix, Apollo and Athena with evidence and investigating? Don't you remember being called into court and getting accused by Phoenix and Blackquill? Don't you remember getting shot by the sniper? Look around you right now. You are still in the prison cell from your arrest. You were the villain in AA5 all along. It all makes sense now.

Levi x Tide detergent OTP

I'm not sure if I got the joke or not. :eh?:
"Girl, shut up and drink my spiked coffee." - Godot AckermanImage

TheDimensionofTime wrote:
I'm not sure if I got the joke or not. :eh?:

Which joke?

Meh, I prefer my theory that
Spoiler:
the game's logo has been pointing to the final villain all along. It seems to be a trend since the third game.

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Meh, I prefer my theory that
Spoiler:
the game's logo has been pointing to the final villain all along. It seems to be a trend since the third game.

simple and to the "Point" haha i love it :grossberg:

Ooh, a real drumroll. Nice.

nearsightedwaddledee wrote:
Lumine wrote:
Aside from the previous notes...
Spoiler: My opinion
It wasn't the best but it was a good Ace Attorney game. I can't say I'm disappointed with it at all. Im only disappointed that the Gramarye/Jurist thing was thrown away... and come on, in the Dark Age of Law, the Jurist system isn't being implemented? What the ****? That doesn't make any sense to me.

Well.....

Spoiler:
The Jurist system was discontinued because of the fact that the jurists really couldn't trust the legal system nor their fellow jurists. I think this is what it is, sorry if I gave you misinformation.... :yogi:

Ah I actually really like that theory. It fits the theme of the game quite nicely

Its funny how i didn't notice this during case 5 that
Spoiler: Aura
she is lesbian or maybe Bi since she did love Metris that way.

Shelly_De_Killer wrote:
Its funny how i didn't notice this during case 5 that
Spoiler: Aura
she is lesbian or maybe Bi since she did love Metris that way.

I caught that too, it was only a quick one line mention though... I thought it would be explored further, but I guess not.

Spoiler: Fulbright
I was sad when I realized that the real Bobby Fulbright was dead this whole time... I actually liked his character, and to think the Phantom was just 'copying' his personality... Kinda sucks he won't be making a return.

The video game boy; the one who wins

I don't know if this is the most appropriate thread, but I thought of two "What if?"'s. I don't really have any basis for it, it just crossed my mind, but I thought I'd share it anyway.

Spoiler: AJ, DD
Pearl said that revealing a secret hidden by black psyche locks by force could cause permanent damage to the person's soul, so what if Kristoph's major breakdown actually was caused by his psyche locks breaking?

However we didn't really reveal any secret and the breakdown was provoked by him learning about the jurist system.

Spoiler: AAI, DD
Calisto/Shih-na is an infiltrator whose true identity we never got to know. "Calisto" seemed to be pretty close to her real personality, and when "Shih-na" she stayed composed until the revelation. What if she since then has learned to control her own feelings to the point of them almost disappearing, and she's actually Phantom?

However she was eventually caught and brought to court.
-But we never saw the trial, she might have disappeared again.

However Phantom is supposedly a man and 15 centimeters taller than Calisto/Shih-na.

(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

1000% Knight

GoingforMiles wrote:
Spoiler: AAI, DD
Calisto/Shih-na is an infiltrator whose true identity we never got to know. "Calisto" seemed to be pretty close to her real personality, and when "Shih-na" she stayed composed until the revelation. What if she since then has learned to control her own feelings to the point of them almost disappearing, and she's actually Phantom?

However she was eventually caught and brought to court.
-But we never saw the trial, she might have disappeared again.

However Phantom is supposedly a man and 15 centimeters taller than Calisto/Shih-na.

Well, it's a lot easier to add 15 cm than to take it away :P

(What if Calisto/Shih-na was actually always a man, and he just really bulked up in the 7 year between AAI and DD? He used super-secret spy steroids!!)
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Hm hm. I think we're onto something here.

Well, now with the DLC case, it turns out the tradition I posted about a month ago was actually kept intact. Much better.:will:
"If witches worship demons, does that make Wright the devil's advocate?" - Just some caption on PLvsAA.

Just noticed foreshadowing during case 2
Spoiler:
ImageImage

I thought of another "what if"-scenario. Nothing to take seriously really, but nevertheless I think it's a plausible theory. Perhaps this has already been brought up, and in that case I Apollogize.
Spoiler: 5-5 + GS4
So... what if Phantom really would be Apollo's father? He died in an accident on stage? True... and Thalassa Gramarye died in an accident when training for a show, didn't she? So up until we learn Thalassa is alive, her story and Apollo's fathers are very similar. But there's also one similarity between Thalassa and Phantom. Phantom is terrified of having his identity revealed, and in 4-3, Lamiroir expressed a fear of getting her memories back in case he had done something horrible in her past, i.e, she was afraid of having her identity revealed for herself. After her accident, Lamiroir didn't only lose her memory but also her eyesight - she was severely injured - as for Phantom... we don't know about his face, right? When he says he doesn't remember what he looks like, perhaps that isn't because he hasn't seen himself in a mirror for a while, but because he doesn't have any recognizable features, due to fire, an explosion or whatever it was that presumably took Apollo's father's life. So, if we pretend this would be true, then would it all be part of a plot - perhaps by Magnifi? And would Apollo one day have to take down his father in court?

[Whip the cream!]

GoingforMiles wrote:
I thought of another "what if"-scenario. Nothing to take seriously really, but nevertheless I think it's a plausible theory. Perhaps this has already been brought up, and in that case I Apollogize.
So... what if Phantom really would be Apollo's father? He died in an accident on stage? True... and Thalassa Gramarye died in an accident when training for a show, didn't she? So up until we learn Thalassa is alive, her story and Apollo's fathers are very similar. But there's also one similarity between Thalassa and Phantom. Phantom is terrified of having his identity revealed, and in 4-3, Lamiroir expressed a fear of getting her memories back in case he had done something horrible in her past, i.e, she was afraid of having her identity revealed for herself. After her accident, Lamiroir didn't only lose her memory but also her eyesight - she was severely injured - as for Phantom... we don't know about his face, right? When he says he doesn't remember what he looks like, perhaps that isn't because he hasn't seen himself in a mirror for a while, but because he doesn't have any recognizable features, due to fire, an explosion or whatever it was that presumably took Apollo's father's life. So, if we pretend this would be true, then would it all be part of a plot - perhaps by Magnifi? And would Apollo one day have to take down his father in court?

Intriguing! :eh?:
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

GoingforMiles wrote:

I think you're going Star Wars on us. :sillytrucy:
Spoiler:
Phantom: APOLLO! I AM YOUR FATHER!
Apollo: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

Shelly_De_Killer wrote:
Spoiler:
ImageImage

There is much, much more of that. ;)

Last edited by Sligneris on Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sligneris wrote:
Shelly_De_Killer wrote:
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Quote:
There is much, much more of that. ;)

Its just funny they didn't try to hide it xD

They didn't, but it's not like you see this coming anyway. And it is amusing while replaying xD

Sligneris wrote:
They didn't, but it's not like you see this coming anyway. And it is amusing while replaying xD

Thats the only reason why I noticed it xD but right now im almost done beating it for the 3rd time :P but I skipped to the court parts for each case.

My opinion:
Spoiler:
I quite liked the game. All of the cases, especially the third and last, where really good. I loved all of the new characters that were introduced, despite the fact that Athena took a little warming up to for me to like her. I also loved the Phantom's breakdown, which is my favorite breakdown out of all of them. I also like hearing Blackquill's "Objection!" and "Silence!". I liked the animated scenes, though I wish the voices where better. I did not like the fact that you could only Examine certain areas. And while I did think the 3D was rather cool, I still prefer the sprite based look of the previous games. And I while I was glad that Pearl returned, I wish she actually looked like she was seventeen.

Spoiler: Case 3

...I want to be at the school like that so much. ;_;

Last edited by Sligneris on Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sligneris wrote:
Spoiler: Dual Destinies

...I want to be at the school like that so much. ;_;

I wish too. :sadshoe: Would be so cool if I could go to one a well.

PS:Put a spoiler tag on the image

...Isn't it Spoiler Thread?

Sligneris wrote:
...Isn't it Spoiler Thread?

Bolt Storm said to put spoiler tags in the initial post on this thread but it said tillAugust 8 but im just saying to put it just in case.

I'm Kamen Mask!

So. I was having a debate with a friend of mine and wanted to open it up to mass opinions. Basically it comes down to "Would the game have been better if the prosecutor followed Edgeworth's "evil until the end of the third case" development.

Spoiler:
AA5 is near perfect. I would, however, have loved to have seen this angle taken to cases 2/3:
Case 2: Introduce Simon, have him single out Athena during Apollo's trial. Wreck her. Ruin her. Be way too harsh on her and even get her close to Blue Screen like she did in Case 1/3. Make it so she's terrified to even be standing on the bench.

Simon knows Athena is only a lawyer because she wants to clear his name, not realizing that (from Simon's perspective) this means revealing the truth that she, herself, is Metis' killer. Simon would, for the greater good and the oni sense of the samurai, cut her down non-leathally to protect her. Athena can even sense his torment.

It would make Simon a much stronger villain because he is gunning for Athena *with prejudice* and from our perspective in the story he is an evil convict who is tortuing this poor young girl.

Case 3 appears and Means breaks her, Simon hops in to the rescue as he did in the game. Athena, heart broken, finally sees this man who she has been trying to save act like the person she remembers from her childhood. Simon may have been an evil bastard until this point, worthy of our hatred, but he saves Athena... leading in to case 4/5 where we learn WHY he was such a bastard until that point.

It would make the "grudge" seem a little more tangible and dangerous. Edgeworth was only after a perfect record, Franzy wanted to defeat Edgeworth by beating Wright, Godot was just testing Nick the entire time and lashing out at him due to his feelings for Mia and... Klavier was always cool, though Apollo did send his brother to prison.
This personal stake could have been the core of the court room battles in AA5 and made Simon a much more beloved character.

Ah well. I'll just use my fan colored glasses and pretend that this happened and read subtext until the universe bends to my whims.

Spoiler:
Hmm... I must agree. I love pretty much everything about the game and its story, but I feel like they did not fully exploit the potential of his character. It was like "yeah, sure, he is violent, dangerous and manipulative" but somehow apparently doesn't use it enough to get himself too much of advantage. I mean, come on, everyone in the courtroom is absolutely terrified of him, he could get his verdict any time now, and yet, he just lets the defense continue. Sure, it is this kind of character he really is, after all, but it could be presented better for the sake of his characterization and his starting "dangerous murderer" image.

My thoughts on this game; may add to it.
Spoiler:
When I realized the detective was the only possible culprit, it shocked me (it took me to present almost everyone when you 'take that' for the ID of the phantom), and I thought it was brilliant because it was a detective flyign across the whole game who was a killer at all, for once. The fact that you never knwo who the Pahntom really weas is clever, because he chose to lose his soul in order to get crime to pay. It was clever, and how could one ever really make a game about a mystery suspect who truly gets identified in the end?

I also think if they start talking about who sniped the guy, it would be good to say it wa someone form the De Killer family

Haven't done the DLC case yet, I can't downaload it because every since christmas the nintendo Eshop has been unnaccesable.... go figure.

I also thought that no matter how they did it, the anime was great when it came into the case. However, the drawign style and english vocals; honestly, they sucked.
This game did not suck. Most twisted and exciting last trial ever, perhaps (I wouldn't say it's my fav GS/GK game ever), but yeah, it was a great play. Also for the record, I made it to the 5th case on Dec. 20th, the day it takes place (and the 4th on Dec. 19th)!

GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

I don't know if I am the only who thinks this but...

Spoiler: 2-4 and 5-5

Am I the only one who sees the similarities between these two?

"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

Spoiler: 5-5
You aren't, actually, haha.

Page 3 of 5 [ 192 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)