Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 2 of 2[ 71 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Dual Destinies got an M rating?!Topic%20Title

Bad Player wrote:
They pretty much show that in the first 5 minutes of the game though.

Wh-WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA*explosion*AAAAAAAAAAAA*boom*
*breakdown ensues*
SONUVAGUNIDIDN'TEVENKNOW.

元・超会社員級の管理人

builderkid107 wrote:
I accidentally spoiled Athena's past for myself, and its all Bolt's fault, not even joking, I was on the wiki, and in the images thing where it displays recent images added, there was that picture of *ahem* standing next to *ahem* on the *ahheeeee-ehhhhhmm* :\
The poster's name was next to the image "Bolt". The picture is easily found, but I had no idea it was a
Spoiler:
Dissembling table

*sniff*
and *ahem* is standing there, with...
Spoiler:
Blood all over her

That tore me to pieces...

:grossburg: Just protecting you from spoilers.

Hey, in my defense, I didn't upload that one. The only images I've uploaded to the Wiki are the case-clear screens (which are probably spoilery if you look really close at them, to be fair.) Dunno who decided to add just one of the spoilery rips and not the rest... :yogi:
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Bolt Storm wrote:
builderkid107 wrote:
I accidentally spoiled Athena's past for myself, and its all Bolt's fault, not even joking, I was on the wiki, and in the images thing where it displays recent images added, there was that picture of *ahem* standing next to *ahem* on the *ahheeeee-ehhhhhmm* :\
The poster's name was next to the image "Bolt". The picture is easily found, but I had no idea it was a
Spoiler:
Dissembling table

*sniff*
and *ahem* is standing there, with...
Spoiler:
Blood all over her

That tore me to pieces...

:grossburg: Just protecting you from spoilers.

Hey, in my defense, I didn't upload that one. The only images I've uploaded to the Wiki are the case-clear screens (which are probably spoilery if you look really close at them, to be fair.) Dunno who decided to add just one of the spoilery rips and not the rest... :yogi:

Went back and checked, turned out I was wrong :udgy:

Do the impossible. See the invisible.

I like how the ONLY thing I've spoiled myself on is

Spoiler:
the child covered in blood or whatever, see I already kinda forgot maybe

And that sounds totally radical. And I don't even know what the last 2 cases are about so like, this shit's sounding super cool. They seriously need to give us an exact date on to when it's coming out.
"Rule #1 of Lawyer Stuff: If it's in the Court Record, it's gonna show up in the trial somewhere"
Credit to Tajiri Ami for the Phoenix sprite and Cup_of_Law for the Payne sprite in my signature.

King Derpey III

I just found out the real reason why this was rated M.

Means' smile.

Travolta3335 wrote:
I like how the ONLY thing I've spoiled myself on is

Spoiler:
the child covered in blood or whatever, see I already kinda forgot maybe

And that sounds totally radical. And I don't even know what the last 2 cases are about so like, this shit's sounding super cool. They seriously need to give us an exact date on to when it's coming out.

Heh, no-one knows what the last 2 cases are, not even the wiki knows. But you are pretty damn lucky to be in the dark about this game, I've accidentally spoiled myself about a couple of things, but hey, I wasn't going to be in the dark forever anyway.
But at least Pearls is in one of them.

...What?

...No one knows about the last two cases? How come many players played it already and I know villains for all the cases?

Racing through the sky like a Missile

That reminds me, has anyone who's played the game tried swearing into the microphone to see if the game would accept it? I mean, we could always make the game more suitably mature... even if it's not recommended.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
That reminds me, has anyone who's played the game tried swearing into the microphone to see if the game would accept it? I mean, we could always make the game more suitably mature... even if it's not recommended.

Thats the best idea ever.
:phoenix:

King Derpey III

Levi x Tide detergent OTP

DerpeyHerpmann wrote:

Means' smile.

Colgate Zeus, ftw!
"Girl, shut up and drink my spiked coffee." - Godot AckermanImage

DerpeyHerpmann wrote:

Means' smile.

Who?!!?

1000% Knight

builderkid107 wrote:
DerpeyHerpmann wrote:

Means' smile.

Who?!!?

A character in Case 3.

And yes, it probably did factor into the rating *shudder*
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Golf anyone?

Bad Player wrote:
builderkid107 wrote:
DerpeyHerpmann wrote:

Means' smile.

Who?!!?

A character in Case 3.

And yes, it probably did factor into the rating *shudder*

You guys talking about his appearance, or does something happen?
Living on a prayer.

1000% Knight

Bloodfox05 wrote:

Spoiler: BEHOLD THE HORROR

couldn't find a direct screenshot, but this is good enough

Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Golf anyone?

Bad Player wrote:
Bloodfox05 wrote:

:wtf:
Living on a prayer.

Bloodfox05 wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
Bloodfox05 wrote:

:wtf:

AGH, MY EYES!

Golf anyone?

[/quote]

:wtf:[/quote]

AGH, MY EYES![/quote])

the glasses do nothing! :grey:
Living on a prayer.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I think it's a shame such a superficial thing had to prevent this from being accessable for a wider audience. Seriously, games that use excessive gore/blood to shock their audience are movies like SAW or games like Outlast. It doesn't even disturb me, I just find it to be laughable because violence has nothing to do with substance. It can add to it but from what I've seen in AA5 it seems like it's just there to evoke a reaction from the player and IMO that's completely superficial.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

linkenski wrote:
I think it's a shame such a superficial thing had to prevent this from being accessable for a wider audience. Seriously, games that use excessive gore/blood to shock their audience are movies like SAW or games like Outlast. It doesn't even disturb me, I just find it to be laughable because violence has nothing to do with substance. It can add to it but from what I've seen in AA5 it seems like it's just there to evoke a reaction from the player and IMO that's completely superficial.

I agree, except for Athena's flashback in case 2. O_O

Fuuuuuuuudge! - Phoenix Wright

I think that we need a rating between T and M. It's just like the movie ratings in the US, the R rating ranges from movies with a lot of sex and gore to Footloose.

But with videogames it's also about people thinking all M rating means Gran Theft Auto. Because most people know only a small variety of videogames, if you say that a game contains violence, they would think the game is about your character displaying the violence. For example, if they made a Law and Order: SVU game, the rating specifications would make people think you rape people in the game, instead of a game where you play as the people who are trying to stop the rapist.
----

Do you think the violence depicted in the game really deserves an M rating? Alternatively, do you think that the dark stuff in case 5 (the things that probably earned the game such rating) really adds to the game?

Ultimate Survivor

Lola-landa wrote:
I think that we need a rating between T and M. It's just like the movie ratings in the US, the R rating ranges from movies with a lot of sex and gore to Footloose.

But with videogames it's also about people thinking all M rating means Gran Theft Auto. Because most people know only a small variety of videogames, if you say that a game contains violence, they would think the game is about your character displaying the violence. For example, if they made a Law and Order: SVU game, the rating specifications would make people think you rape people in the game, instead of a game where you play as the people who are trying to stop the rapist.
----

Do you think the violence depicted in the game really deserves an M rating? Alternatively, do you think that the dark stuff in case 5 (the things that probably earned the game such rating) really adds to the game?

I'm not sure how I feel about the M rating. I'm leaning towards agreeing with you that we need something between T and M, though, especially for a game like DD.

Spoiler:
I was actually okay with most of the "bloody" scenes in the game. The only one that seemed a little too "edgy" and gratuitous to me was in one of the first cutscenes, where little Athena is seen standing in a pool of blood.

Now, even if you apologize...I will not forgive you.

Expert bluffer

Spoiler:
I'm somewhat accustomed to this level of violence so I was not fazed, however, some fan reactions included that of "WHOA SO THIS IS WHY DD IS RATED M" and such things like that. It's not just for gore--the themes, such as the little Athena trying to take her mother apart, a man being utterly impaled with a large spear, three students possibly stabbing their own teacher, are much more mature than previous games, in which the murder cases was less detailed. And of course, let's not forget the heightened graphics...little Athena in the pool of blood...

"Your argument is like a naked banana--it simply lacks a peel." --Phoenix Wright

"I'll gladly take your 1 cent!" --Miles Edgeworth

DragonCactus wrote:
Spoiler:
I'm somewhat accustomed to this level of violence so I was not fazed, however, some fan reactions included that of "WHOA SO THIS IS WHY DD IS RATED M" and such things like that. It's not just for gore--the themes, such as the little Athena trying to take her mother apart, a man being utterly impaled with a large spear, three students possibly stabbing their own teacher, are much more mature than previous games, in which the murder cases was less detailed. And of course, let's not forget the heightened graphics...little Athena in the pool of blood...

Maybe you should put in the spoiler what game it's from so we that've played the game can see your opinion.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

I know why Dual Destinies is REALLY rated M.
Spoiler: Case 5
Apollo and Phoenix nearly say the "F" word.

POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Racing through the sky like a Missile

I don't see how this game can be rated for "suggestive themes" or "language". Sure, the locale team drop in a few subtle sex jokes and light swearing, but they've been doing that since the first one. Where in this game is there something so inappropriate, aside from some bloody scenes?
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

aplab23207 wrote:
Spoiler:
Pretty sure they've done similar near-curses in previous games. Also, I recall reading that they didn't even know they'd gotten that M rating until after the script was done. If the localization team knew they'd get M before-hand, they'd probably keep the F-bombs intact, rather than go with the PG variants.

"If witches worship demons, does that make Wright the devil's advocate?" - Just some caption on PLvsAA.

GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

aplab23207 wrote:

Spoiler:
Apollo dropped the F bomb? When? Where? WHY?!

"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

I've felt worse.

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
I don't see how this game can be rated for "suggestive themes" or "language". Sure, the locale team drop in a few subtle sex jokes and light swearing, but they've been doing that since the first one. Where in this game is there something so inappropriate, aside from some bloody scenes?

Wasn't the first game also rated for suggestive themes and language? The only thing in that game that had anything close to "language" was Maya saying that "Old Windbag sure has balls."
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Dracarys!

aplab23207 wrote:

Sal Manella uses "WTF" in the first game, so I doubt that's it.

Expert bluffer

builderkid107 wrote:
DragonCactus wrote:
Spoiler:

Maybe you should put in the spoiler what game it's from so we that've played the game can see your opinion.

Sorry, I'm not too competent with this BBC stuff.

Either way, I can actually understand the rating when one compares this games to all the previous. It isn't anything too major, but the psychological aspects are more apparent than the violent in my opinion.
"Your argument is like a naked banana--it simply lacks a peel." --Phoenix Wright

"I'll gladly take your 1 cent!" --Miles Edgeworth

Page 2 of 2 [ 71 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)