Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 1 of 1[ 11 posts ]

Dual Destinies IGN Review (Video)Topic%20Title

The well-known video game site IGN published their review of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies today. You can read the written review and watch the video review here.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/24/ ... ies-review

They awarded it a 7.2 out of 10. According to them, the game lasts for around 25 hours, but seems to have less gameplay when compared to the previous titles in the series. Naturally, there are people in the comments section who aren't too happy with the review. I haven't played the game yet, so I can't really agree or disagree with the score either way. Any thoughts?

Edit: I just saw the GameTrailers review as well. They awarded the game a 7.3.
http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/8ym ... ies-review

Last edited by TopHatProfessor1014 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Dual Destinies IGN Review (Video)Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Shouldn't this be classed with the other reviews?

I heard someone claim it was an IGNorant review, apparently they marked the game down for being linear...
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
Shouldn't this be classed with the other reviews?

I heard someone claim it was an IGNorant review, apparently they marked the game down for being linear...

Well I added in the GameTrailers review. If I find any reviews that are about the same, I'll put note of them.

Fuuuuuuuudge! - Phoenix Wright

It seems like this review is targeted to the FPS demographic. Plausible if you realize that Capcom said that the M rating was to capture the Call of Duty fans.

Lola-landa wrote:
It seems like this review is targeted to the FPS demographic. Plausible if you realize that Capcom said that the M rating was to capture the Call of Duty fans.

You do realize that what you're referring to was satire right? It was a joke article.

TopHatProfessor1014 wrote:
Lola-landa wrote:

You do realize that what you're referring to was satire right? It was a joke article.

I knew. I was fooled at first, but then I read the whole article. Also, is not like blogs on the internet misinterpret things developer say and make articles with baseless conjecture.

I should state first that it was a joke, because I sounded more like an ignorant. I was trying to say that this review seems like a joke review itself. It's good that the game still sold well despite some harsh reviews.

Quote:
I knew. I was fooled at first, but then I read the whole article. Also, is not like blogs on the internet misinterpret things developer say and make articles with baseless conjecture.

I should state first that it was a joke, because I sounded more like an ignorant. I was trying to say that this review seems like a joke review itself. It's good that the game still sold well despite some harsh reviews.

The M rating is one of the most stupidest things I've seen by the ESRB. I still can't believe that Grand Theft Auto and Ace Attorney share the same rating. It's ridiculous.

Also, nice signature. Snatcher, FTW!

The M rating would bother me less if parents got informed more on what videogames their kids play, something more deep that just knowing if it has an "M" rating or not. Now a lot of parents would not let their underage children play Dual Destinies.

And makes me more mad that some children inexplicably got to play GTA or a similar game at age 5 or something.

Thanks! It's good to find another Snatcher fan, considering how obscure it is, even when the game's creator is very famous. So sad that a lot of adventure games fans don't know this game exists.

Lola-landa wrote:
The M rating would bother me less if parents got informed more on what videogames their kids play, something more deep that just knowing if it has an "M" rating or not. Now a lot of parents would not let their underage children play Dual Destinies.

And makes me more mad that some children inexplicably got to play GTA or a similar game at age 5 or something.

Thanks! It's good to find another Snatcher fan, considering how obscure it is, even when the game's creator is very famous. So sad that a lot of adventure games fans don't know this game exists.

Snatcher is even relevant here. Somehow, that game was rated "T" despite all that graphic violence and sexual content. It's WAY WORSE than Dual Destinies, yet somehow has a lower rating.

I really think that the ESRB needs an in-between rating like 15+. Every other rating system has one except ours. It's so stupid.

What did he do this time...?

Quote:
Snatcher is even relevant here. Somehow, that game was rated "T" despite all that graphic violence and sexual content. It's WAY WORSE than Dual Destinies, yet somehow has a lower rating.

I really think that the ESRB needs an in-between rating like 15+. Every other rating system has one except ours. It's so stupid.

I can see the M rating somewhat justified by the bloody crime scenes... and I guess a bombing in the game doesn't help. BTW nice timing when you debuted the first trailer, Capcom. Right around the Boston bombing.

But what the heck was the suggestive themes about? The game didn't have one of those characters! :april:
There were a few "suggestive" moments, but they were pretty subtle. I mean, a Spongebob episode has more suggestive moments in it than this game had.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

I know IGN has been known to make ridiculous criticisms in their reviews (like complaining about how Ghost Trick was "too wordy"), but I have to agree with these complaints. It really annoyed me how much this game seemed to play itself more than previous titles. For instance, the fact that you can only investigate crime scenes when they tell you to do so is something that I found plain ridiculous when you consider how most of the challenge of the investigation days came from actually investigating, as well as the fact that a lot of the best dialogue comes from investigating. It's a great game and all, but I personally feel it had a lot more shortcomings than I would have thought, making it a tad disappointing.

Overall, I'd say it's a pretty fair review.
Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)