Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 3 of 3[ 109 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Re: Wherein we discuss English voicesTopic%20Title

earthlings on fire

I actually couldn't tell Phoenix's and Apollo's objections apart... Oops? As for their other speaking parts, I think their voice actors should have swapped roles. Apollo's voice first stood out as being too low.

Klavier's I didn't really mind because I'm not totally sure he's actually German , hah. I think he may have German roots and family (Kristoph may or may not be German) but he was probably born and raised in California.

Edgeworth's.......objection........no. I would pay good money for a patch just to change it back to his old objection that doesn't make it sound like it belongs to Quercus Alba or Manfred von Karma. I actually tried to turn down the volume when I thought an objection was coming from him. Painful, absolutely painful to hear. As for his speaking voice... Good enough, if a bit parody-sounding.

Athena had some pretty lame lines, even more than Phoenix or Apollo. So I think it was what she said that was cringeworthy? Or maybe it was the voice, but I didn't really mind it too much. Standard anime fare.

I loved the Judge's! And I got excited because I thought L'Belle was J Michael Tatum but on further research it probably wasn't. But it was fabulous.
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

Cravat of Doom wrote:
Edgeworth's.......objection........no. I would pay good money for a patch just to change it back to his old objection that doesn't make it sound like it belongs to Quercus Alba or Manfred von Karma. I actually tried to turn down the volume when I thought an objection was coming from him. Painful, absolutely painful to hear. As for his speaking voice... Good enough, if a bit parody-sounding.

This. This so much. I hate Edgeworth's new voice. Infact, I didn't enjoy him in this game at all. He seemed to be lacking the intensity he had in the original Ace Attorney and in JFA.
Spoiler: Kinda spoilers for 5-5
Maybe it could be because this was one of two cases where Phoenix and Edgeworth were working together the ENTIRE case.

Edgeworth's old voice (and mannerisms) were so amazing, inspiring fear, while still managing to stay within his character. His new voice doesn't make him seem dignified OR intense. His voice sounds like he's in his 50s, and is way too gruff for who he is.

I love Edgeworth a lot, but I don't think the game in general did too well in that regard. (Sorry for slight off topicness.

Edgeworth's was too deep and too old. Everyone else's were near-perfect, though.

No, there's no place like London...

Edgeworth's was okay, though what I remember most was trying to figure out if it was British or not. XD

Athena's kind of irritated me at the start, but, much like her character, it really grew on me throughout.

Apollo and Phoenix were perfect, exactly how I imagined them. And everyone else was pretty good, too.

And Klavier... I expected him to sound more German, considering how he uses German words in his speech. But his voice was pretty good. And reminded me of Christian Bale in Howl's Moving Castle
I really am ruggedly handsome, aren't I?

世界中

Apollo and Phoenix's voices were good, although I'm not sure if it's just me or did anyone else find they sounded quite similar?
Athena's voice suited her well. Blackquill's took some getting used to but in the end it grew on me.
Edgeworth's voice was different then what I expected, though not that bad, and I wasn't a fan of his Objection.

Ultimate Survivor

Cravat of Doom wrote:
I loved the Judge's! And I got excited because I thought L'Belle was J Michael Tatum but on further research it probably wasn't. But it was fabulous.

Yeeeeees. I'll say it again - the characters who got the fewest lines in this game also had the best VAs. Udgey, L'Belle, and Gaspen, namely.
Now, even if you apologize...I will not forgive you.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Jade wrote:
Is it just me or does Blackquill's "Objection!" sound like he's stuffed his face with marshmellows? It sounds so muffled to me! I can't believe that's Troy Baker O.o I do like his "Silence!" though. It almost made me like his voice, but... for some reason I have settled into imagining Steve Blum playing him. SEE YA, SPACE COWBOY.

The "Silence!" was Travis Willingham, but everything else was Troy Baker.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

The fact that Blackquill's 'SILENCE!' is voiced by the same guy who played Lon'qu in Fire Emblem is amazing on so many levels.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Thane wrote:
The fact that Blackquill's 'SILENCE!' is voiced by the same guy who played Lon'qu in Fire Emblem is amazing on so many levels.

To make things weird, his "Silence!" was SAID by Lon'qu.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Expert bluffer

Thane wrote:

Oh, so THAT'S why he sounded like Lon'qu! Well, duh. Gee, this guy must have a real swordsman voice.
"Your argument is like a naked banana--it simply lacks a peel." --Phoenix Wright

"I'll gladly take your 1 cent!" --Miles Edgeworth

Ace Explorer

Now that I've finally gotten around to playing the DLC case (late to the party, I know), let me just say this.
I. Freaking. LOVED. Pearly's voice.
Well? Are we going or what?

[Whip the cream!]

L'Belle's voice was perfect.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

An Enigma Among Humans

I was watching Melancholy while I was playing 3-5, so whenever I heard Athena shout I thought the "camera" would turn and it would be Haruhi standing there. Which come to think of it, Apollo does act a lot like Keyon.

I really like the music.

Honestly, I thought everyone was great, excluding Edgeworth's objection. I swear it doesn't even sound like his voice actor is saying it to me. My god I was dying when I first heard it.
" If you wish to hang yourself, Mr. Wright, you're welcome to, but not inside my courtroom."

[Whip the cream!]

An Original Username wrote:
Honestly, I thought everyone was great, excluding Edgeworth's objection. I swear it doesn't even sound like his voice actor is saying it to me. My god I was dying when I first heard it.

Edgeworth's objection is absolutely dreadful, yes.

The video game boy; the one who wins

I find his new voice... objectionable. *ba-dum-dish*
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

[Whip the cream!]

GoingforMiles wrote:

Oh, you little trickster.

As for some other voices in the game: Apollo's is fine (he's fine!), Phoenix's objection too, but I'm not too keen on his other lines. I rather like Athena's voice as well. Simon's voice is very fitting.

In the cutscenes, though... I find the voices and accent's so damn annoying most of the time - both Athena's voice and accent (although, it was cute when she sang the pirate-song) as well as Apollo's accent bugged me a lot. Edgeworth's voice is alright there, though. I also liked Robin's voice.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like judging the voice acting is a bit silly. If there's one thing I've learned from other communities about VA work in video games, it's this:

Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's silly, but it's easier to roll with the punches than get hung up on something you don't like.

Well, by that logic you shouldn't dislike anything ever, because it's so much easier to ignore, right? ;)

Gardevoir lover

I've made it a good chunk into the game, and i've got to be honest the only voice actor i actually like so far is Athena's,

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
I've made it a good chunk into the game, and i've got to be honest the only voice actor i actually like so far is Athena's,

"WAIT! What do YOU MEAN by a LEAVE?!?!?"

[Whip the cream!]

D-hah-AAA-n! Let's dO this!

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

MegamanNG from YouTube said that Blackquill's "Silence!" was said by Lon'qu. If someone could do a video of Lon'qu saying it and compare it with Blackquill's, that would be nice.

W101 and P101 player; Ace Attorney fan

GyakutenFanatic wrote:
MegamanNG from YouTube said that Blackquill's "Silence!" was said by Lon'qu. If someone could do a video of Lon'qu saying it and compare it with Blackquill's, that would be nice.

Do you know when Travis Willingham first said that (like how long ago)?

Gardevoir lover

I'm kind of depressed that Klavier only had about 2 scenes where he spoke, because hi's voice actor is one of my favorites.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

An Original Username wrote:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Don't go hating on some stupid character's (no offense) voice! Besides, I actually like Edgeworth's voice, to me it makes him sound like his father, not Manfred.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

GoingforMiles wrote:

I find your lack of voice-liking objectionable. *Darth Vader breathing sound*

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Guys, after doing some comparison with FE:A's Lon'qu's voice and Blackquill's voice, they almost sounded similar. We were all wrong: Simon Blackquill was indeed voiced by Travis Willingham, but not by Troy Baker. After all, it didn't sound like Baker in the first place! Change the wiki, as well as TV Tropes.

W101 and P101 player; Ace Attorney fan

GyakutenFanatic wrote:
Guys, after doing some comparison with FE:A's Lon'qu's voice and Blackquill's voice, they almost sounded similar. We were all wrong: Simon Blackquill was indeed voiced by Travis Willingham, but not by Troy Baker. After all, it didn't sound like Baker in the first place! Change the wiki, as well as TV Tropes.

wiki user ChrAplab did just that 45 min ago
Page 3 of 3 [ 109 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)