Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 1 of 13[ 494 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

IN JUSTICE WE TRUST! {Spoilers}Topic%20Title

GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

Hey you there! In Justice we trust!
This topic is created to discuss which one is the most Just in this world!

Anyway, since Bobby Fulbright turned out to be a great detective and an extremely likeable character, he should have his own fanclub.
And this topic is created for the purpose of discussing the character himself and the story around him.

Everything around this guy will be kind of spoily, so spoiler tags are needed.

PS
Spoiler:
RIP: Bobby Fulbright 2026 - 1993

And remember, IN JUSTICE WE TRUST!
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

Last edited by BonnyMono on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: The Bobby Fulbright Fanclub! {Spoilers}Topic%20Title

Soon-to-be hippie

Spoiler:
Would definitely have been in there if only I knew him. Unfortunately I didn't have the chance. Did you ? :>

Last edited by Bombo on Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Born on the breeze and die on the wind.

Spoiler: 5-5
It's hard to be a fan of a guy I never actually met.

Soon-to-be hippie

Just imagine
Spoiler:
The actual Fulbright was a HUGE asshole

Gettin' Old!

I can't look in here truly yet because of the spoilers but I want to vouch my full support to Bobby Fulbright!

IN JUSTICE WE TRUST!

(Should just rename the thread that).
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I LOVE HIM

He's just a big dumb cute baby and out of all the new characters, he was my number one. I love all his animations and it was hilarious when he didn't even realise that Filch had stolen his shoes from his feet :| Also, he has a pet carp called Love :gant:

Spoiler: full game spoilers
Yeah I still love him even he turned out to not even be Bobby.

So for the sake of my broken heart I will assume that the Bobby who was killed was exactly the same as the one we all grew to love.

As his body was unidentified for a whole year though, I'm thinking he was maybe not a detective? That whole thing just confuses me..

If he WAS a detective, his body would have been identified immediately with his prints right? Do all police staff have their prints in the system? If not then it would make sense if the phantom had made the body unidentifiable by *shudder* cutting off his face and ripping out his teeth.

Pierre wrote:
IN JUSTICE WE TRUST!

(Should just rename the thread that).

I agree!

Oh and I need to post these 2 awesome bits of fanart by tankens

Spoiler: 5-5 spoiler
I love this one so much *_*

Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

Last edited by Louise on Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ever since case 3 I've been shouting in Justice we trust with him. I am really beginning to enjoy his catchphrase and his character.
Spoiler: Case 5-5
I was quite sad. As I've shown I was beginning to start liking him and thought of his connection to Blackquill was genuine.
Way to twist an ending. Still IN JUSTICE WE TRUST *sobs*

I was 17 when I joined this forum. During this time I participated in a thread that made light of sexual assault and event making jokes about it. I didn't think much of it at the time other than portraying a villain. I am older, looking back see how unacceptable & disgusting. I removed the comments because I do not wish to condone this behaviour. But of course fragments remain. I can only apologise for any hurt of distress caused.

https://rapecrisis.org.uk/ https://www.samaritans.org/

Bombo wrote:
Just imagine
Spoiler:

Spoiler: Case 5
That's simply impossible to be true, the Phantom said that he doesn't have a personality. So he doesn't only steal their faces, but their personality/attitude as a whole. (Example: How he acted like Professor Means.)

"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."
Re: IN JUSTICE WE TRUST! {Spoilers}Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Man can I just say...

I am glad I held off on finishing the game before I truly came here to profess my love for Bobby Fulbright.

Graaaagh it's so sad....I didn't want it to be true, I didn't believe it to be true I thought it would go a whole different way! Then when he says he's an undercover agent I totally believed him and I was actually angry at the defence team for pushing him on the matter. :larry: I never wanted to convict such a nice guy....well....imposter. Then his emotions started messing up and...man his face came off and ugh....it was an extremely bittersweet ending for me. To think if there's an AA6 we'll never see him again...was also a bit of a shame we never saw his original face. You'd think the defence would be more careful when he mentioned that he might be assassinated should the worst go down.

In a way I hope the original wasn't exactly like the spy because that means that at some point such a genuinely nice man on the side of Justice was brutally assassinated :larry:

The art you have there is sheer beauty by the way Louise.

Bobby Fulbright - Best character in AA series for me.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Born on the breeze and die on the wind.

What if Phoenix had also tried to indict the phantom for the murder of the real Fulbright? Pearls could have channeled him (justifying her appearance in this game) so that we could have met the real guy, and that he could have had a hand in taking down his murderer.

Prodigal Son

My favorite new guy--dead! To say I'm still sad about it is an understatement. I totally wanted him and Gumshoe to team up one day. He was so adorable and so nice!

Or at least the Phantom's interpretation of him was. >: If the real guy was anything like that, I love the deceased Bobby regardless.

I pledge to draw fanart of this guy, he deserves it.

RETURN OF THE JEDI STRIPES.

GreenStripes wrote:
My favorite new guy--dead! To say I'm still sad about it is an understatement. I totally wanted him and Gumshoe to team up one day. He was so adorable and so nice!

Or at least the Phantom's interpretation of him was. >: If the real guy was anything like that, I love the deceased Bobby regardless.

I believe the Phantom imitates the person entirely, he did say that he had no "self". Shame that he ended up dead, I really loved his brighty personality. (Hell, if I am able to, I would join the police force and scream out "IN JUSTICE WE TRUST" if I could.)

Pierre wrote:
Graaaagh it's so sad....I didn't want it to be true, I didn't believe it to be true I thought it would go a whole different way! Then when he says he's an undercover agent I totally believed him and I was actually angry at the defence team for pushing him on the matter. :larry: I never wanted to convict such a nice guy....well....imposter. Then his emotions started messing up and...man his face came off and ugh....it was an extremely bittersweet ending for me. To think if there's an AA6 we'll never see him again...was also a bit of a shame we never saw his original face. You'd think the defence would be more careful when he mentioned that he might be assassinated should the worst go down.

In a way I hope the original wasn't exactly like the spy because that means that at some point such a genuinely nice man on the side of Justice was brutally assassinated :larry:

Spoiler:
hmm maybe a better title for this thread would be HEARTBREAKING MOTHERFUCKER

Even when you know you've got him you don't want to believe it to be true ;-;

When his face suddenly goes straight/emotionless it's so weird. And then Simon slashes his face and everything's just..... ugh fuck this game hahaha

Pierre wrote:
The art you have there is sheer beauty by the way Louise.

Bobby Fulbright - Best character in AA series for me.

Isn't it just. I wish I could draw like that, the one in the spoiler tag is my new fave fanart of anything ever.

And yep, completely agree. Hate to say this but I think I love him more than Edgey and Apollo. My heart is so torn.

xGiovanni wrote:
What if Phoenix had also tried to indict the phantom for the murder of the real Fulbright? Pearls could have channeled him (justifying her appearance in this game) so that we could have met the real guy, and that he could have had a hand in taking down his murderer.

Spoiler:
omg bobby squeezed into Pearl's outfit would be hilarious. Would love someone to draw that hint hint to anyone out there..

GreenStripes wrote:

Spoiler:
Gummy and Bobby would be the ultimate adorable idiot team ;-;

Gettin' Old!

xGiovanni wrote:

Woulda been much less of a bummer that way he coulda came back to give us another "IN JUSTICE WE TRUST!" and speeches about Justice as a force that transcends even death.

The part where you see him look straight at the camera, when he puts on his serious face, my heart just fell as it was made clear something was actually up XP.

Might be a shame but....I'd rather see JUSTICE!Bobby free on the streets and Athena in jail but that's just my character preferences. Though I'm gonna go follow Louise's lead and hunt out some non-spoilery fanart to use as an avatar or something awesome!

Made by Chesu+Zombee

derp

xGiovanni wrote:

Spoiler:
Aww mann, if there would be a DLC case like that, I would totally get it. But since we all know the phantom did it, it wouldn't be much of a surprise (or turnabout, if you prefer). But even then... I just want justice for the man who trusted in it so much. :nixiesob: Just imagine what his parting words could have been, unless his assassination turned out to be very anticlimatic.

Art Person

When I first cam across him in game, I loved his over-the-top animations! I thought it was so funny!
Pity it ended that way, his inability to show emotion, and those horrible outburst "Maybe my mother was kidnapped, for example?" What kind of comment is that!?

Anyway, I still love the character, In Justice we Trust! Image

Idol of Polar Bears

On the bright side...

Spoiler:
They can always just channel Fulbright's spirit through Pearl or Maya, right?

Also, when he took the stand in 5-5, did anyone else chuckle at his amateurish attempts to display the correct emotion that he would otherwise have been feeling if his family had been kidnapped?

Objection!

Does anyone know when the DLC case takes place?
Spoiler:
Does it, by any chance, take place more than a year before case 5...?

迷探偵

It takes place between case 2 & 3.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Gettin' Old!

SuperAj3 wrote:
When I first cam across him in game, I loved his over-the-top animations! I thought it was so funny!
Pity it ended that way, his inability to show emotion, and those horrible outburst "Maybe my mother was kidnapped, for example?" What kind of comment is that!?

Where on earth did you get that adorable smily!? :kristoph:

Mr. Bear Jew wrote:
On the bright side...

Spoiler:
They can always just channel Fulbright's spirit through Pearl or Maya, right?

Also, when he took the stand in 5-5, did anyone else chuckle at his amateurish attempts to display the correct emotion that he would otherwise have been feeling if his family had been kidnapped?

Yeah I found it pretty funny too, though I'm amazed considering the response he gave that argument flew at all in court.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Prodigal Son

I'm hoping the team might humor us and give

the real Bobby a cameo in GS6 or something via channeling or flashback. DUNNO WHAT FOR, BUT HEY. Maybe have Gumshoe mention some really hyper detective over on the GK side.

My own doodles are pretty derpy, but gotta chip in somehow :yogi:

SOMEONE HAD TO DO THE IN JUSTICE/INJUSTICE PUN IT WAS TOO GREAT TO RESIST Image

Spoiler:
Hah! That's great! However, that looks more Manfred than Fulbright to me.

Prodigal Son

Manfred has more wrinkles though--but I see what you mean. :knock-knock:

Gettin' Old!

GreenStripes wrote:

the real Bobby a cameo in GS6 or something via channeling or flashback. DUNNO WHAT FOR, BUT HEY. Maybe have Gumshoe mention some really hyper detective over on the GK side.

Spoiler: 5-5-
Well I'm glad someone mentioned the injustice pun, I had no idea whether it was a thing or not.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Prodigal Son

Pierre wrote:
GreenStripes wrote:

Well I'm glad someone mentioned the injustice pun, I had no idea whether it was a thing or not.

I personally don't think it was buuut--

This being Ace Attorney, I wouldn't put a little dark punning past them.

SuperAj3 wrote:

That smiley!! That is cute as fuck.

Spoiler:
that whole bit about his kidnapped family was hilarious to me, if a little creepy. I loved the "look how upset I am :D" hahahahhaa

GreenStripes wrote:

I just saw this on tumblr I LOVE IT

Pierre wrote:

Oh my god, same here.

Here's another piece of fanart from that same person I posted up there, tankens

Spoiler: full game spoiler
WARNING: Your heart might actually break

(this thread is now my favourite place on the forum)

BonnyMono wrote:
Bombo wrote:
Just imagine
Spoiler:

Spoiler: Case 5
That's simply impossible to be true, the Phantom said that he doesn't have a personality. So he doesn't only steal their faces, but their personality/attitude as a whole. (Example: How he acted like Professor Means.)

Spoiler:
I agree with that, however I don't think that the actual Fulbright was that emotional like the fake one. The Phantom can control his emotions almost whenever he wants, as it's possible to notice that the Fulbright we met constantly change his mood.

Gettin' Old!

Looby...I'm crying now...there's actual tears in my eyes....why did you show that... :larry: Don't look everyone!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Objection!

FULBRIGHT NO ;____;

That picture is just cruel. :sadshoe:

Surf's Up!

xGiovanni wrote:

Spoiler:
Seeing as Misty Fey tried to do that with Gregory Edgeworth, and it didn't go all that well, I think it would be better if that didn't happen.

machinimator

I was kinda missing the presence of Gumshoe, but by the final case, I was pretty much thinking "Y'know what? The whole 'down on his luck detective' trope is overplayed. Fulbright is plenty unique!"

Spoiler: Case 5-5
SCREW YOU AND GO TO HELL, YOU CRUEL BASTARD!

...Sadly, I think any fans of him that are reading this before the end of the game are going to be a bit prematurely unnerved by the number of "5-5 spoiler" tags.

You know what's really, really twisted of him in retrospect? The lighter fingerprints - having planted them, he knew perfectly well whose they would be. But when he gave them to the court, he pretended to be unaware, and made Blackquill be the one to read it out. It's like forcing someone to deliver their own confession...

I'm gone for so long, and the colors got all psychedelic! Woohoo!

I thought Bobby Fullbright was gonna be the least memorable character...instead he was one of the best.

I gotta mock up a bit of fan art for the good detective when I have a chance

Ultimate Survivor

Fulbright was super fun. He was probably the character that made me laugh out loud the most with his random interjections. I cackled like an idiot when you could hear "In justice we trust!" echoing toward you in Case 2 and when he leaned out of that window in Case 3.

Spoiler:
THAT SAID. I was pretty upset when you were finally forced to call him to the stand. Seeing his many exaggerated expressions paired with the totally unresponsive Mood Matrix was hella creepy and one of the more memorable parts of that case. As it went on, I do remember thinking "I wish the villain had just been Bobby all along" during the craziness that was the Phantom reveal. (Blasphemy, I know.) Looking back on it, though, I'm glad that the real Fulbright really was a paragon of justice.

Too bad we'll never "really" meet him...

Now, even if you apologize...I will not forgive you.

In Justice We Trust

Definitely a great character. In case my appropriation of his catchphrase isn't a dead giveaway, justice is kind of a big thing with me. There's also just the fact that he's such a fun guy to deal with. He's just so over-the-top, and in a way that makes me laugh rather than groan. He might have even supplanted Gumshoe as my favorite detective, though the jury is still out on that one.

Spoiler: Turnabout for Tomorrow (5-5)
One thing I like a great deal about the Phantom is his motive. A lot of the killers in previous cases in the series killed either out of malice or in order to cover up a malicious act they had previously committed. We have a few sympathetic killers, too, but they are few and far between. The Phantom stands out in that there doesn't appear to have been any malice behind the murders he committed. To recap:
  • The sabotage of HAT-1 was his mission as a spy; he was just following orders.
  • He murdered Metis Cykes to stop her research from exposing him.
  • He murdered Clay Terran because he needed to destroy the moon rock in the Hope Capsule.
  • He bombed Courtroom No. 4 for the same reason he murdered Clay.
A lot of his actions simply revolved around keeping his identity a secret. Yeah, he still rubbed salt in a few wounds, but creating said wounds in the first place was never his goal.

I'll always love you, Max.

Gettin' Old!

I also loved how he would debate with himself about "What justice is the most just?" XD I just thought it was a really adorable part of him seeing him so unsure like that but determined to do what was right.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I feel like a broken record saying this since everyone has said the exact same thing, but at first I wasn't of Fulbright. then he grew on me. then [spoiler]case 5-5 :P [/spoiler]

GREAT and POWERFUL Trixie's co-council

xGiovanni wrote:
It's hard to be a fan of a guy I never actually met.

Spoiler:
I think that too. And still, I read someone in this forum saying his favorite character was Bruce Goodman. Does that make any sense?

I'm not English. Excuse my grammar errors.

Pierre wrote:
Looby...I'm crying now...there's actual tears in my eyes....why did you show that... :larry: Don't look everyone!

ThePaSch wrote:
FULBRIGHT NO ;____;

That picture is just cruel. :sadshoe:

Yeah it's heartbreaking, I'm not sorry ._.

emimprov wrote:
I cackled like an idiot when you could hear "In justice we trust!" echoing toward you in Case 2 and when he leaned out of that window in Case 3.

"Oh it's you people!" really tickled me for some reason.

I drew something - SPOILERS

(It's harrowing in a "why would you even draw that" kind of way)

Gettin' Old!

Louise you are redeemed XD Your drawing is amazing.

Though yeah I thought it was all nice and friendly of him in that case. He's just....just such a nice guy :kristoph:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The cape is self-fluttering

Louise wrote:
I drew something - SPOILERS

(It's harrowing in a "why would you even draw that" kind of way)

Spoiler:
*DIES* :moe-laugh:

*IN FACT IS NOW DEADER THAN PIC*

"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT
Page 1 of 13 [ 494 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)