Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 3 of 3[ 115 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Re: Is this game too much easy compared to the older ones?Topic%20Title

Lacks the brain for meaningful posts.

JesusMonroe wrote:

Clearly the bar on the top right.

Ace Explorer

Tiagofvarela wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:

Clearly the bar on the top right.

If upvotes were a thing on this site, I'd give you one.
So instead, have this GIF.
Well? Are we going or what?

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I've never been super good at Ace Attorney to be honest but I thought Dual Destinies retained the same difficulty level as the other titles in the franchise. There was the occasional sloppyness in how the game chose to hint in which lines you were supposed to think along.

I also found some of the contradictions to be too contrived... sorta like, suddently there's a new object or something that's been hamfisted into the case just to make sure there's a certain contradiction and it feels a bit cheap. I'm struggling to find a good example, but I will replay case 3 soon.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Linkenski, do you press every statesman statement during testimony? For me, that's usually when the answer was given away instead of hinted at

Last edited by JesusMonroe on Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

迷探偵

JesusMonroe wrote:
Linkenski, do you press every statesman during testimony?

Obviously a typo, but still, you can actually press statesmen in the GK series...
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

It was a lot easier than in the other games but as stated before, this was also an introduction to the series for people who haven't played the game before. However I think they should have at least let you get penalized for doing something wrong with the Magatama and/or the Mood Matrix. The game's rated M so I really don't think Capcom needed to make it so easy considering the age group who were going to be playing the game.
I decided to do a thorough typo count on the game so I got all the hints during the testimony and they were really too obvious. They could have just dropped in one or two hints but they usually dumped a bunch on you and basically told you what you had to do to continue with the testimony. I don't understand why they gave you so many hints when you could simply use the consultation feature. Maybe you just wouldn't want to get penalized…?
The investigations were easier. A lot easier. I didn't really mind too much, though since in the previous games you could easily get stuck on some investigations because you didn't present a piece of evidence or a profile to to someone even though it looks like it has nothing to do with the person. Anyway, the investigations in this game are so simplified you don't need the checklist since you're automatically taken where you need to go most of the time.
I felt like the game was treating me like a little kid who needed everything spelt out to me which made it not as fun as pointing out a contradiction then 'rubbing in the witness's face'. :youngmia:

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Ash wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:
Linkenski, do you press every statesman during testimony?

Obviously a typo, but still, you can actually press statesmen in the GK series...

There are several cases of literal pressing too, throughout the series. They aren't as informative, but they are just as or more dramatic.
Sorry if I end up derailing the thread.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

JesusMonroe wrote:
Linkenski, do you press every statesman statement during testimony? For me, that's usually when the answer was given away instead of hinted at

Currently I'm replaying the game with the cases in chronological order, and I'm at 5-3 right now. I don't think there are enough of those kinds of moments you speak of to make the game too easy "as a whole", but maybe I'm just not paying attention or something. I'd also like to add that I like the fact that in the later cases the "consult" option doesn't give away the full answer. It merely shows you which statement needs to be done something to, and then you have to figure out yourself whether it's a press, or what to present.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

OBJECTION!

I think the 'Consult' option definitely makes things easier. I'm on 5-3 now, and even finding the parts with Apollo's bracelet easier (previously I found these really hard). The Mood Matrix thing isnt that bad.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

Cause of death is being dummy

Yes, although personally I didn't think it detracted much from the overall experience because I'm kind of dumb and easily frustrated I've never had any difficulties figuring things out in the first place.

However, even when the game was strongly hinting (read: flat-out telling me) that
Spoiler: THE ULTIMATE DUAL DESTINIES SPOILER
Fulbright was the Phantom

I was seriously so stunned that I had to triple-check the walkthrough before submitting my answer. So. Easy? Yes. Still threw me for a loop? YES.

AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
Yes, although personally I didn't think it detracted much from the overall experience because I'm kind of dumb and easily frustrated I've never had any difficulties figuring things out in the first place.

However, even when the game was strongly hinting (read: flat-out telling me) that
Spoiler: THE ULTIMATE DUAL DESTINIES SPOILER
Fulbright was the Phantom

I was seriously so stunned that I had to triple-check the walkthrough before submitting my answer. So. Easy? Yes. Still threw me for a loop? YES.

It actually shocks me more that people were surprised by this. I had my suspicions before the game was even released, but it's not like they didn't strongly hint at it towards the end.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

I can understand. The hints by endgame were so obviously that you just have to wonder if Eshiro and Yamazaki were trying to troll the fans. It's what I firmly believed until the very final moments when it was too obvious not to be true and I finally gave in.

To be fair, though, the thought hadn't occurred to me until by case 4, where the core of the plot actually began. Until then, the transition into chaos was still pretty gradual until all hell broke loose once Blacky did.

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that the team ran out of time to better develop their story. It honestly could have been better, and I don't think Yamazaki is that inexperienced with writing for a mainstream game, even if this is his first official numbered GS game.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

"Eggs?"

I felt like investigation days should have been a little more challenging.

They practically gave you a list (the notes section in the court record) that says exactly what you have to do and what order you have to do it. Also, there should have been more places to investigate. For example...
Spoiler:
In case 3, I wanted to investigate the maintenance area SO BAD. I mean, I wanted to investigate the mat and cart supposedly used to move the body. If they were ever used in the first place, wouldn't there be blood all over both? Fingerprints, maybe? Hair? Fabric? But NOOOOOO, we all assume that the mat and cart are the only possible way to move the body without taking a single glance at either one.

I AM BACK KIDDOS AND I'M WATCHING YOU

For me, tumblr is more easily accessible on a day to day basis, so if you REALLY want to, go there. :think:
OR if you want to, message me and I'll send you my Discord!!

It's not that it's easy, it's that it doesn't let the player figure ANYTHING. The game gives you the answer, completely ignoring that the focus of the game is figuring out the mysteries. If you want to make it easy, don't make such complicated cases! Why evenhave a puzzle where you have to remember something iuf you show it to the player right before they need to solve it!? There were actually several times when I figured out something, only to be told the answer a second later. It completely ruined the experience for me. I mean, I tried to enjoy it, but the mystery aspect of the games is what I play for. The appeal of AA for me is that I can be the person who solves the mystery, not just a spectator. At this rate, DD could just be a movie or something.

I only hope that the next game will be better.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Spoiler: The most obvious hint of all time
The final piece of evidence you need to present in the last case, which proves the moon rock destroyed in the bombing is the same as the one from 7 years ago. You need a reference sample, at which point Athena fiddles with her earring. I wonder what you're supposed to present?

The video game boy; the one who wins

Spoiler:
Maybe it's time for... that thing. The person who has it on their person don't know its importance, but I think I have a hunch of where that last piece of moon rock went... Time to shout "Take that" right into the prosecution's ear so loud it will ring in it for several days after.

(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Enoshima Junko-chan!

I was playing 5-2 today and it has my favourite twist of all of the games, which is:
Spoiler:
Damian Tenma is the true Amazing Nine Tails.

When it comes to revealing that, it's spelled out for the player.

Also, same case
Spoiler:
We need to prove what Filch did with the Tenma Taro costume. The game then SHOWS us the newspaper article, which we then present moments later.

At least they were slightly more subtle about Tenma Taro's true form.

NoiR

Yes, the game is very easy compared to the others.

My problem is that the game doesn't allow you to really choose what kind of hints you want displayed to you. They should take note of Murder mystery games like CSI (no way near as good as Ace Attorney) and allow you to choose whether you want your pointer to highlight under evidence, whether you want consulting as an available option, and whether or not to have a penalty bar. Also I was really fed up with how they would SHOW you the evidence you needed to present right before you had to present it. That really annoyed me.

Other than that I don't really mind too much about the game's difficulty. Although with a case as long as Case 2, they NEVER should have showed the killers face in the intro. That annoys me so much. I actually like doing all of the leg work to figure it out.

Masked Guy

The most irritating part is in Reclaimed.

-First, game gives you tutorials for everything even if you already finished the game.
-Second, the case is the comeback of forensics investigation... except Luminol is just a single spray on the spot and fingerprints analysis is done offscreen from someone else.

Eater of minds

Yeah, this was one of my problems with the game... I found it too easy compared to the other games :sadshoe:
I was pretty disappointed at how little the penalty was when I get stuff wrong. I really missed those "asdfgkl ONE MISTAKE BYE BYE ALL LIFE-" :shoe:

Then again, I think it wouldn't have been as easy for me if I haven't played the past games... cause like... I got experience from those y'know XD
My brother on the other hand who hadn't played for a veeery long time actually had some difficulty :hotti:

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Every time I play Reclaimed I fail at "The Dissin' of Phoenix Wright" :(.

Eater of minds

MBr wrote:
Every time I play Reclaimed I fail at "The Dissin' of Phoenix Wright" :(.

I remember getting stuck there for a while... though rather than challenging, I just found it annoying cause by that time, I've pretty much figured out the whole thing, I just didn't know how to present it <_<

NoiR

GoingforMiles wrote:
Spoiler:
Maybe it's time for... that thing. The person who has it on their person don't know its importance, but I think I have a hunch of where that last piece of moon rock went... Time to shout "Take that" right into the prosecution's ear so loud it will ring in it for several days after.

OMG YES!! And the fact that this isn't the only kind of blatant hint that was given for several OTHER types of evidence that needed to be presented. I hated whenever they would flashback to a certain contradictory evidence and then have you present it just seconds later. The previous games rarely did this unless you stumbled upon a seemingly unimportant evidence that actually had major significance later on. This is what most mystery novels do. They turn what may seem to be red herrings into plot twists. AA5 however seemed to virtually checklist everything for you and then guide you in the direction of the plot twists. It felt very Kindergarten through 5th Grade for me. :lana:

Composer, thinker, talker

Oh this is interesting... a complaint discussion. Since the AA series is so undeniably great, I think it says a lot just that this thread exists here and doesn't in any of the other games (last I checked).

In my opinion, the game is certainly easier: the number of hints and dialogue (and flashbacks, and blatant instructions...) accounts for more than half of the "thinking" a player would have to do in the previous games. It just downright explains a lot of guidance, making the "figuring out" more like "following instructions." Personally this not only frustrated me, but took me out of the enjoyment and immersion of the game. I've heard the argument they did this for new players, which I certainly can't discredit given this is my favorite game series and I've got 6 others in the series under my belt. I can certainly imagine others not minding it though; I've gotten quite experienced with "murder mysteries" and it's quite plausible this didn't have the same effect on others as it did me.

My biggest qualm with the game though is the absolute linearity of the investigations. Not sure if this is quite what the thread is about but I noticed a strong lack of gameplay involving "hmm do I have to present something now or do I have to investigate further," not to mention the "have I investigated everything?!" and "where should I go to find more clues?!" is downright impossible with the way they made the game. I really enjoyed this in the original trilogy, and it's the basics of why MASON was so much fun. Dual Destinies feels downright wrong without it.

This being said, I still enjoyed my personal (and a bit uncommon) habit of attempting to figure out everything before the last trial of a case. What Dual Destinies lacks in gameplay it more than makes up for with yet another cast of uniquely human characters, funny dialogue, and a stunningly effective plot. It may be "easier," but with Ace Attorney it is all relative since the game series as a whole is among the greatest.

Man, I was telling my buddy how easy this game seemed and that I wasn't sure if the game was way easier than the previous titles or if I was just smarter, and by the looks of it, everyone else found it super easy too. I've had it for exactly a week and finished the DLC case this morning. I've got to say, I'm glad I paid for the extra case, I thought it wouldn't really be worth it but couldn't pass it up. I was pleased with how long it was compared to the other cases and how it was kind of two-in-one!

At any rate, I, too, was disappointed in the lack of new features. I also hated the fact that you could only closely examine evidence when there was some specific reason to, which I believe only happened twice. I liked in Apollo Justice where you could check out ALL of the evidence whenever you liked as closely as you wanted to. I was pretty alright with there not being anything with fingerprint powder despite how cool it was though, since my 3DS mic isn't working all that well :'3

Yes and no. The game was the first one in which I never once even considered going on Gamefaqs, although I haven't actually done so since T&T. I think the new feature of asking your partner for help if you're stuck is a good one. It's one thing when Mia is being all cryptic and not helping you find answers that she's clearly already figured out, because she's a spirit and spirits have no business being straightforward, but it doesn't really make sense when its anyone else.
However I surprisingly found myself missing the occasional aimless wandering of previous games, not because I particularly enjoyed spending ages trying to figure out what to do next in past games, but because DD made me realise that the alternative isn't any better: only being able to examine certain environments, having your hand held with such heavy guidance while you do, only being able to examine evidence when the plot demands it rather than anytime all the time etc. I understand that this was done to resolve the frequent complaints of past games, but I just don't feel like this is the answer. Aimless wandering is better than feeling like a purported 'Video GAME' isn't giving you any sort of free will. Better to have the illusion of it even when you're just following a series of pre-determined steps, than to just be guided through said pre-determined steps and made to feel like your only real job is to tap the stylus along while the characters get on with it.
This I felt, made the investigation sections even more dull than they'd been in past games. If things went back to how they were, and if Phoenix lent his magatama to Apollo and Athena when he was off-duty (seriously, there's no reason not to, it's been established that anyone can use a magatama if they know what they're doing) then I feel it would be a thorough improvement.

I don't see why you guys would think it's too easy. None of the PW games are "hard"

A Kirby and AA fan

Optimus Prime wrote:
I don't see why you guys would think it's too easy. None of the PW games are "hard"

Maybe this isn't your intention, but you come off here as "Look at me, I'm smart and don't think things are difficult!"

Your logic is flawed anyhow. Just because Game A isn't hard, doesn't mean that Game B can't be too easy. Game A simply is above the threshold that would've made it "too easy" but below the threshold that would make it "hard", whereas Game B is below both thresholds.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

MBr wrote:
Spoiler: The most obvious hint of all time
The final piece of evidence you need to present in the last case, which proves the moon rock destroyed in the bombing is the same as the one from 7 years ago. You need a reference sample, at which point Athena fiddles with her earring. I wonder what you're supposed to present?

Ok this didn't happen, but still
Spoiler:
Phoenix looks at Athena, while thinking "We have it, even if the person who's holding it doesn't realize it." They had the potential to make it a moment like with the metal detector in 1-4 where you're searching through your evidence and you realize you have just the thing.

Really, all they needed to do was take away the obvious hints and change the captions of the evidence in the Court Record (they even have longer descriptions for evidence in the CR, and hardly any of it is useful when its significance is thrown in the player's face).

MBr wrote:
Ok this didn't happen, but still
Spoiler:
Phoenix looks at Athena, while thinking "We have it, even if the person who's holding it doesn't realize it." They had the potential to make it a moment like with the metal detector in 1-4 where you're searching through your evidence and you realize you have just the thing.

Spoiler:
It would have nowhere near the same effect because Phoenix adding the earring to the CR was so pointless that you just knew it would come into play at some point. Same with Edgeworth constantly clearing evidence in I-5, but holding onto the hotdog box. The metal detector worked so well because there was a solid reason that it was in the CR, but the player thinks it will never come into play again

I actually think the most obvious part of the game was this part here. All we needed Athena to say was, "Here is proof that Robin had read the script to the mock trial before!" but Apollo just goes on and on with his explanation to the point where I think if you got it wrong, you'd be legally retarded
http://youtu.be/nY3lBe5Dhb0?t=16m28s

I would have to say yes this game has 2 issues the lack of difficulty being the first and second they basically hold your hand every step of the way as if your a complete novice to the series let's hope future installments are better
All Lives Matter
Just Do It
Keep It Classic
Equality
Dream Big
All for one One for all
#Autism Speaks
#Mamba Mentality#8#24#2
Celebrate Each New Day
#WNBAAllDay
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Kingdom Heats 3
Xenoblade Chronicles
Destiny 2
I'm interested in mechanics,so I would be happy to learn about snake traps.
Good isn't a thing you are Its a thing you do

Yes. I think they overdid it trying to make the game easier. The consult option and the checklist are great ideas(They make the game easier for newcomers but you don't need to use them if you don't want to) but they're pointless because the game already tell you what to do before they're even neccesary, or even do it for you. I never felt the need to look at the checklist, and I only got the consult option once, and it was because I presented the same evidence at the same point three times.(Yes, I'm that stubborn.)

OBJECTION!

Hey,
I'm not sure what to do in in 5-3 in the part where:
Spoiler:
You speak to Junie in the detention centre, and Apollo's bracelet reacts to "Hugh is a gifted student, he never causes trouble" etc, what are you meant to point out?

Thank you! :)

Gettin' Old!

grim_tales wrote:
Hey,
I'm not sure what to do in in 5-3 in the part where:
Spoiler:
You speak to Junie in the detention centre, and Apollo's bracelet reacts to "Hugh is a gifted student, he never causes trouble" etc, what are you meant to point out?

Thank you! :)

Spoiler:
I think her chest is heaving particularly intensely under her tie as she says one of the words. Some laboured breathing gives her away.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

OBJECTION!

Thank you very much ^^
Page 3 of 3 [ 115 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)