Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 1 of 1[ 29 posts ]

why was the judge in episode 5?Topic%20Title

Phoenix Wright and Edgeworth used the Courtroom 4 because all the other courtrooms were filled. So why is the main judge able to preside over Athena's trial? Since he and his brother are the only judges we've seen, you'd think he would be attending one of those official trials.
Re: why was the judge in episode 5?Topic%20Title

Simple answer: there are more judges than courtrooms.
Just because we've only seen 3 judges in the series, it doesn't mean there aren't more.
(This is true for a lot of professions in the games actually).

That said, it's strange that the same judge is presiding over nearly all of the trials we see. It's either an unbelievable coincidence, or there is some conspiracy going on...

Racing through the sky like a Missile

This "unofficial" trial was much more interesting, that's why. Any trial between Wright and Edgeworth is bound to be interesting. His experience says so.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

1000% Knight

Jozerick wrote:
Just because we've only seen 3 judges in the series, it doesn't mean there aren't more.

That said, it's strange that the same judge is presiding over nearly all of the trials we see. It's either an unbelievable coincidence, or there is some conspiracy going on...

No less strange than always getting the same detective xP
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Dracarys!

Jozerick wrote:

What if there's a whole bunch of different judges, but they just happen to look exactly the same?

Gettin' Old!

Ropfa wrote:
Jozerick wrote:

What if there's a whole bunch of different judges, but they just happen to look exactly the same?

And Act the same.

I thought from the title this was gonna question Why a Judge (a valuable and limited resource of the courtroom) would be assigned to...

Spoiler: Case 5
...what is ultimately a fake trial. Though I guess Aura wouldn't have it any other way.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Ropfa wrote:

....new headcanon. It would certainly explain his bad memory and his inability to recognize that Furio Tigre wasn't Phoenix Wright
Pierre wrote:

I thought from the title this was gonna question Why a Judge (a valuable and limited resource of the courtroom) would be assigned to...

Spoiler: Case 5
...what is ultimately a fake trial. Though I guess Aura wouldn't have it any other way.

Udgey just loves drama. It's always bothered me that Wright and Edgeworth never tell him about the Maya situation in 2-4, actually. He'd be all for that and would be perfectly willing to stall the trial while Gumshoe went on De Killer's trail. He'd probably even shout out at one point, "I admit! I'm the man who hired the assassin!"

Bad Player wrote:
Jozerick wrote:

No less strange than always getting the same detective xP

*writes in notepad* Note to self: Detectives are involved in the conspiracy as well.

Wasn't it mentioned that Ema became a detective because they were supposedly "running low" on detectives?
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Gettin' Old!

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Wasn't it mentioned that Ema became a detective because they were supposedly "running low" on detectives?

I thought it was a fallback plan for her because she utterly failed the actual forensics exam...probably something to do with making everyone else do the work for her all the time.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I've felt worse.

Ropfa wrote:

From 3-5:
"Did the Judge take smart pills at the recess?!"
He didn't. He switched places with another identical judge. What if there's some sort of mass conspiracy behind all this? Some government organization that's producing judge clones of varying mental capabilities so they can manipulate the trials however they please? I've been watching too much Gravity Falls.

I think you just pulled that one out of my headcanon.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Gardevoir lover

I'm going to assume he signed for this himself because he likes to watch Phoenix and Edgeworth duke it out.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Dracarys!

JesusMonroe wrote:
It would certainly explain his bad memory and his inability to recognize that Furio Tigre wasn't Phoenix Wright

sumguy28 wrote:
"Did the Judge take smart pills at the recess?!"
He didn't. He switched places with another identical judge.

It all makes perfect sense now!

Enoshima Junko-chan!

She said he got "stuffed" into Criminal Affairs, so maybe they were short on detectives and they wanted to make use of her skills.

I can't be the only one with this ship?

Honestly if you were the judge, don't Wright vs Edgeworth trials sound more fun than other trails?

"Eggs?"

Ahem... Perhaps I can give a more plausible explanation than that the judges all look the same...

Our dear Udgey is the senior judge. We'll just assume this, or at least assume he has the most experience. Due to his exceeding experience, he is assigned to many cases, such as Mayor Tenma's case, Juniper's case, Mr. Starbuck's case, the bombing case... That's a lot of cases, though. Therefore, when the issue arose that all other courtrooms were in use, this is my idea: the judge was allowed a break for that day for presiding over so many trials in a such a small amount of time. As such, all of the other judges were already presiding over the other cases. Then, when a judge was needed for the case, he was chosen over the other available judges because of his experience with crazy cases like that.

Or not. Honestly, it could be that Udgey has learned that these three lawyers always win, so he always presides over them.
I AM BACK KIDDOS AND I'M WATCHING YOU

For me, tumblr is more easily accessible on a day to day basis, so if you REALLY want to, go there. :think:
OR if you want to, message me and I'll send you my Discord!!

Stop! What a minute!

Jozerick wrote:

Spoiler: whole game
THE JUDGE WORKS FOR THE PHANTOM!

Do you see the black one...or the white?

According to my horrible fanfiction, the judge is so madly in love with Phoenix that he would never, in his right mind, think of ever presiding over another case that has anything to do with anyone other than Phoenix or those remotely related to him in hopes of getting in touch with Phoenix. In fact, unbeknownst to everyone else, after Phoenix's disbarment, the judge, distraught over the loss of his beloved, took a 7 year break in search to find his true inner self, and only returned in Apollo Justice when he heard that Phoenix was to be accused of murder. Phoenix meddling with Apollo brought hope to the judge's eyes that one day his beloved would return to court.

And if you wonder about those penalties, they're not punishments. They're just "love penalties."
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

dullahan1 wrote:
According to my horrible fanfiction, the judge is so madly in love with Phoenix that he would never, in his right mind, think of ever presiding over another case that has anything to do with anyone other than Phoenix or those remotely related to him in hopes of getting in touch with Phoenix. In fact, unbeknownst to everyone else, after Phoenix's disbarment, the judge, distraught over the loss of his beloved, took a 7 year break in search to find his true inner self, and only returned in Apollo Justice when he heard that Phoenix was to be accused of murder. Phoenix meddling with Apollo brought hope to the judge's eyes that one day his beloved would return to court.

And if you wonder about those penalties, they're not punishments. They're just "love penalties."

I am kinda disturbed by this,yet this is officially my new headcanon.
Signature loading, please wait...

dullahan1 wrote:

But... what about when the judge was around in I-4?

Hm, this old man IS very indecisive. Maybe it wasn't just Phoenix...

Do you see the black one...or the white?

dullahan1 wrote:

But... what about when the judge was around in I-4?

Hm, this old man IS very indecisive. Maybe it wasn't just Phoenix...

I just thought that since this was pre-Phoenix, perhaps back then he was just doing his job. I mean c'mon, you think there was anyone in that case he could possibly be attracted to? Von Karma ain't got nothin' on Phoenix.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Aw, don't break the hearts of fans who ship Udgey and VK. It's a surprisingly sweet and touching pairing after you get through the discomfort of picturing them in a S/M relationship.

But I suppose that would get on the nerves of those who ship him with Gant. Yes, it's quite heart-wrenching when one can't decide which one is more perfect.

But I suppose if Phoenix doesn't like his great-granddad as much, I guess we could put him with the old man who gives him the most migraines. That said, if I sound bitter about it in any way, it's just your imagination.

Surf's Up!

Presumably he was the only judge that was free/available.

Bidoof bidoof bidoof is on fire

Ropfa wrote:

That would explain why the judge doesn't age.

I'd love it if we were to have the same judge in Dai Gyakuten Saiban. I'm convinced the man is immortal.
I... feel foolish.

My tumblr: http://www.polkadot-cookie.tumblr.com
My Apollo-centric sideblog: http://www.chords-of-fine.tumblr.com

If we don't have order, Prosecutor Blackquill will yell at us!

Winter Flag Trademark

Immortal Judges? Yikes! :pearlshock:
I don't think that's possible! ..Unless he has bought some sort of system that would prevent him from dying. Or if there are many judges like him in the city.

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

Too many thoughts and nothing to do~

Quote:
I'd love it if we were to have the same judge in Dai Gyakuten Saiban. I'm convinced the man is immortal.

From memory of the gameplay trailers, I'm fairly certain they're different judges. Interestingly enough, though, I think the Dai Gyakuten Saiban judge bears an uncanny resemblance to the PLvsAA judge of the first trial. Makes sense, seeing as they're both English judges.

Maybe they're the same guy.
Edit: So I looked at the gameplay trailers again, and apparently, the DGS judge looks like a cross between Udgey and the PLvsAA first trial judge. Pics for reference-

PLvsAA First trial Judge

DGS Judge

Definitely leaning more to the PLvsAA side, though.
"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good if I ever use Comic Sans, Arial, Times New Roman, Brush Script, Papyrus, Curlz, Ravie, et cetera."
Friends don't let friends use bad fonts.
Unironically, anyways.

Great Revival

Because secretly there was a 4th best friend to Phoenix and pals in school, it was the judge, but since he was a janitor, he couldn't go announcing that he was friends with some 9 year olds. :yogi:

um...hi your honour?

It would be cool to see another Judge, but he's just there 'cos he's the only Judge that knows all the other lawyers. WHAT THE FUCK!!??

Bidoof bidoof bidoof is on fire

You know what just occurred to me? Fulbright claims that all the courtrooms are in use when Aura demands an immediate retrial, and yet it's well into the evening by that time. Considering that trials in the series generally start in the morning and run for a few hours, wouldn't there have been plenty of courtrooms available by then?

New theory:
Spoiler:
The Phantom quickly made that up in a desperate attempt to prevent Simon's retrial.

I... feel foolish.

My tumblr: http://www.polkadot-cookie.tumblr.com
My Apollo-centric sideblog: http://www.chords-of-fine.tumblr.com

If we don't have order, Prosecutor Blackquill will yell at us!
Page 1 of 1 [ 29 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)