Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 1 of 1[ 16 posts ]

Apollo and TrucyTopic%20Title

My shield of justice is ready my lord!

Why did they stop Apollo Justice and Trucy Wright's half brother and sister story in Ace Attorney 5? :apollo: :trucy: :klavier: :hobohodo: :athena: :simon:
Re: Apollo and TrucyTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Lily=Justice wrote:
Why did they stop Apollo Justice and Trucy Wright's half brother and sister story in Ace Attorney 5? :apollo: :trucy: :klavier: :hobohodo: :athena: :simon:

What you expected them to continue previous plot arcs?!

Too Bad, Waluigi Athena time! :athena:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Athena Cykes is the new Leroy Jenkins. "Ready? Okay, guys, let's do this!"
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

OBJECTION!

I was surprised they didnt continue that either. It was a massive cliffhanger at the end of AJ.
Perhaps they can bring it back for GS6
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

Gettin' Old!

grim_tales wrote:
I was surprised they didnt continue that either. It was a massive cliffhanger at the end of AJ.
Perhaps they can bring it back for GS6

I really hope they do now that Athena has been effectively introduced. The trouble is...won't the new game just have new characters who they need to expand upon (much in the way they did with Athena) which will get Apollo and Trucy's plotline pushed back again
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

The problem is How can you bring that up in a way that's relevant to the plot and not just "by the way, you two are siblings." It's hard for a single case and almost impossible for a full game to have it as the main focus.

Gettin' Old!

luck wrote:
The problem is How can you bring that up in a way that's relevant to the plot and not just "by the way, you two are siblings." It's hard for a single case and almost impossible for a full game to have it as the main focus.

Bring the Gramayres back, make Trucy debut onto the stage with Zak's legacy, cue a sabotage and someone gets murdered. Perhaps Thalassa. Phoenix feels compelled to let them know the truth seeing as he's now the only remaining one who knows. Make it a filler case if folks like, use it to build the bond between Trucy and Apollo and build up to some big dangerous finale (ala Phoenix sprinting across a burning bridge for Maya).
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I've felt worse.

Pierre wrote:
luck wrote:

Bring the Gramayres back, make Trucy debut onto the stage with Zak's legacy, cue a sabotage and someone gets murdered. Perhaps Thalassa. Phoenix feels compelled to let them know the truth seeing as he's now the only remaining one who knows. Make it a filler case if folks like, use it to build the bond between Trucy and Apollo and build up to some big dangerous finale (ala Phoenix sprinting across a burning bridge for Maya).

Wouldn't it be better if Thalassa was alive when Apollo and Trucy find out? Otherwise, it would just be Misty Fey all over again.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Gettin' Old!

sumguy28 wrote:
Pierre wrote:
luck wrote:

Wouldn't it be better if Thalassa was alive when Apollo and Trucy find out? Otherwise, it would just be Misty Fey all over again.

Probably, and I liked Thalassa enough I'd rather she was alive. I'm just spitballin.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
I really hope they do now that Athena has been effectively introduced. The trouble is...won't the new game just have new characters who they need to expand upon (much in the way they did with Athena) which will get Apollo and Trucy's plotline pushed back again

Similar concerns were had for Kay in GK2 but GK2 was still effectively able to deal with Edgeworth, Lang, and the new characters

Obligatory "Noooo, don't bring back Thalassa just to write a plot around this! It'll ruin her already diminishing worth as a character! Wah wah wah" comment. Out of all the times I've asked, not once have I found a good reason why this subplot needs so much attention in the next game. I'm perfectly fine with an ending credits cameo from Thalassa, but otherwise, she doesn't need to return just to be forked in as a key witness or defendant or victim or whatnot.

I'd rather focus on the new characters. The team must have learned from circling the plot around a single character or two. They won't make another Athena, just as they won't make another Kay. They'll make something much, much worse. Hell, I don't care if they make another Pearl or Juniper, but at least they can make this new assistant less naive and hyperactive and more of a straight character. It'd end up flipping around the traditional straight/funnyman act from time to time.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

"Eggs?"

Maybe Thalassa doesn't have to return at all...? Suppose Phoenix and Apollo return with a case all about Troupe Gramarye, Valant shows up, makes some comment how he hasn't seen Thalassa in a while. He shows them a picture, and what do you know? Apollo recognises her as Lamiroir, forcing Phoenix to explain.

Or maybe Phoenix decides to stop keeping secrets from his adopted daughter and trusted subordinate, hmm?
:yogi:
I AM BACK KIDDOS AND I'M WATCHING YOU

For me, tumblr is more easily accessible on a day to day basis, so if you REALLY want to, go there. :think:
OR if you want to, message me and I'll send you my Discord!!

A case about Troupe Gramarye? But Zak is dead and IIRC Valant admitted that he was untalented, regretted everything and turned himself in to the police (And he didn't know that Thalassa was alive). And I doubt Thalassa cares about it at this point (We don't know if she was as obssesed with magic as the others). Troupe Gramarye doesn't exist anymore. Unless you count Trucy as Troupe Gramarye, but then it's still a one-girl party.

luck wrote:
A case about Troupe Gramarye? But Zak is dead and IIRC Valant admitted that he was untalented, regretted everything and turned himself in to the police (And he didn't know that Thalassa was alive). And I doubt Thalassa cares about it at this point (We don't know if she was as obssesed with magic as the others). Troupe Gramarye doesn't exist anymore. Unless you count Trucy as Troupe Gramarye, but then it's still a one-girl party.

Of course not. Trucy has added a few members to her party: her dad, his subordinate, and their mascot. I guess Pearly can stand in as a substitute some time.

This bond between them will never die. NEVER.

Dragon Warrior

In direct response to the OP, would it be so bad to just leave things the way they are? I personally don't see any compelling reason to have Apollo and Trucy find out that they're half-siblings.

Apollo has lived his life just fine (up for debate, but I'd like to think he did because he had a friend like Clay)without knowing that he had a half-sister, went through some pretty traumatic things (GS4) and came through alright. He is now making a name for himself as a lawyer, working at a law office full of coworkers who support him. Trucy also cares about him, of course.

Trucy didn't exactly have the perfect childhood but she also gets props for hanging in there, and she had Phoenix to support her. She might still have room to grow as a person but there is nothing in her life that screams she "needs" the knowledge of having biological family. She and Apollo already have a good sibling-like relationship.

In short, both of them have lived well enough without knowledge of their blood-ties. There are some people who go through their entire lives not ever finding out the truth, would it be so bad if this ended up being the case for Apollo and Trucy? Thalassa was happy to see her two kids doing alright in GS4 but she didn't express any pressing need to tell them. She might be devastated not to be able to be honest with her own kids, but maybe she also thinks along the lines of "as long as they're happy", etc..

The only reasons I can think of as to why Apollo and Trucy MUST find out they're siblings is (1)They end up developing romantic feelings for each other ala Luke and Leia, and Nick needs to pull the brakes (this scenario is very unlikely to happen), or (2)something absolutely DIRE happens in the plot (not necessarily a Gramaryes centered case) and the only way to circumvent it is to reveal that they are blood related (more likely to happen).

I'm guessing that it wasn't addressed in Dual Destinies because they made the game in order to "reboot" the series for the 3DS and rope in new fans. They probably didn't want to have too many overlapping storylines from previous games getting in the way. Now the series is "back" they can focus on older storylines without fear of isolating new fans.
Art created by myself, check out:
Tumblr - DeviantART - Archive of Our Own
Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)