Board index » Phoenix Wright » Baker Street

Page 8 of 8[ 283 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Re: Meiji-era Dai Gyakuten Saiban for 3DS - Ideas/DiscussionTopic%20Title

Ace Pointer wrote:
Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Why do you ask? We're still have another month before the game comes out, and Bolt or some other mod will open up another forum just for DGS stuff.

Who'll translate the game in English then for non-japanese-known people? :gregory:

I guess you mean if there's no official localization,in which case we don't really know,though there's a youtube user called dowolf who translated AAI2 completely before the fan translation came out,and I think I remember him saying somewhere in his account he might translate DGS if that happens.
Signature loading, please wait...

元・超会社員級の管理人

Joe4evr wrote:
Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Anyone who wants to help, I guess. Bolt did say he'll be livestreaming the game when it comes out, probably on twitch, so people can use the chat. I'll also be around to lend a hand if no one else is on it.

That Twitch delay, though. I can't imagine that will be very conducive to live translating.

How is that these days, anyway? Ostensibly as long as the chat is all seeing the same thing and gets each others' messages instantly, it doesn't matter if I'm ahead (since I won't be trying to live-translate.) Though I agree if I were to try and live-translate that would become a problem.

Also, to return to DGS discussion: can anyone figure out what the hell is going on with episode 2? It certainly seems like it doesn't have an English trial, which begs the question: what does it have? At this point as far as I can tell there are three options for how it's going to play out:
  • There's some kind of shipboard trial. Maybe Holmes as prosecutor? If this happens, it seems like it'd wind up being gameplay-wise exactly the same as the first trial (since we've seen footage of Susato introducing all the non-standard court mechanics in episode 3).
  • The game has out-of-court AAI-style confrontations.
  • The episode has no trial or confrontation phase, and the entire episode is an investigation phase.

I suppose it'd be interesting to see the team give that last option a swing; I'm just not convinced they'd be able to keep the tension of the case going with just investigation mechanics and joint reasoning with Holmes. Maybe it's just my own bias, but when I hear "Ace Attorney episode" I expect there to be a showdown with witnesses and a game over on the line at some point, which an investigation-only case would lack.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

I'm betting on AAI style of confrontations, if only because like you've mentioned, an investigation-only case would be a little lackluster. Also, if Holmes is the prosecutor of any trial, he would make a very silly opponent who constantly makes mistakes, and that's not challenging at all. Also...
Spoiler: eshop demo
The Court Record gave us a glimpse of the ship's logbook, and it seems some of its entries are missing, probably because of the murder. In fact, it may very well be the captain or navigator who was murdered, which places suspicion upon the vice captain or some crew member. It'll then be up to Ryu & co. to prove that person's innocence.

It makes me wonder if there's even going to be some action scene near the end of the episode. We are getting animated cutscenes back, after all.

Also, I'm just speculating here, but this diversity of gameplay may in fact be reflected in the episode titles. They're not called "Turnabout __", rather "Adventure of __" for a good reason. It's probably not going to be a traditional GS game in the way we always follow the strict procedure of investigation followed by trial.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Page 8 of 8 [ 283 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Baker Street