Board index » Phoenix Wright » Baker Street

Page 2 of 2[ 43 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Localizing this will be hard...Topic%20Title

I really hope we end up getting positive news on DGS making its trek to the west.

the localization issue has always amused me. I can't believe how taboo the idea was that a story or game could take place in another country or embedded in another culture for sooo long. Now that the visual novel genre is more popular around the world and the market doesn't sneer in disgust at the idea of eating ramen vs hamburgers I hope we end up getting an english DGS, but I'm a bit skeptical they'll do it before making plans to release it on iOS and Android at the very least. GS5 and the trilogy have fortunately sold well, but i think a good portion of that is due to exposure on multiple devices. I dunno what the actual numbers are, but I feel like the [publicly] negative reception to this first installment of DGS by the japanese market could put the brakes on aiming to localize it any time soon, though :[

hopefully a positive response to GS6 and the anime will help convince them! :phoenix:

Lusankya wrote:
I really hope nobody at Capcom thinks that way, because the reason is bullshit.

I second this.

In my head, there are no reasons that could justify a company not localizing a game, if they really want to. Just use your head and imagine something. There is always a solution for everything, and the game being "too Japanese" shouldn't be a problem really. Heck, people in this thread already thought of good alternatives that could be used to fix the "problem", why couldn't Capcom do the same?

If they decided they don't want to localize it, it is because they think the cost/effort outweights the benefits. Just saying it because I just read an article where a guy from Capcom said they have no plans to localize the game because "circumstances are preventing it from happening". What circumstances? lol. I don't buy this.

Surf's Up!

I'm of the opinion that the reason we aren't getting the game is because Phoenix isn't in the game (just like AAI2). There's also the problem of several of Doyle's stories that are not yet in the US public domain but are referenced in DGS.

Spoiler: DGS
In Case 4, there's a witness called John Garrideb, who is a character from the "Three Garridebs", and a copy of the book "Adventure of the Lion's Mane" is a piece of evidence.
Page 2 of 2 [ 43 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Baker Street