Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 1 of 2[ 66 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

"I just want to know one thing!" - Pre-GS6 EditionTopic%20Title

Winter Flag Trademark

You know, it's funny that despite GS6 being announced and such, Bolt hasn't made a thread relevant to this yet. Yet, he has made when DGS was announced. So what do I do? I decided to make this thread by myself. Bolt, if you're reading this, feel free to edit the opening post if there's some points I forgot to point out. (Heh, Ace Pointer couldn't point out. :kristoph:)

Anyways, time for the main thing: This is the thread where you can ask anything that's related to GS6/AA6. Just be sure to put them in spoiler tags if they're all spoilerish, we don't want people who haven't played GS6 yet get spoiled. And hopefully not people getting suspended and such for posting an open spoiler.

So, if your question or any opinion has a spoiler, Please Spoiler Tag It. Go ahead, ask away anything GS6 related! I'm sure one will try their bests on answering you questions as soon as possible!

Mod note: Ordinarily we don't open these until the game releases, but since we have the GS6 forum now, it can't help to let people catch up. Try to keep this thread to stuff that we can actually reasonable answer; "do you think Wendy Oldbag will pop up?" is more speculation than fact. When GS6 is out we'll open a new thread to cover info from the game directly. Thanks!

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - GS6 EditionTopic%20Title

Great Revival

What are those symbols being used for a penalty bar? That is the one thing I want to know.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Oliver wrote:
What are those symbols being used for a penalty bar? That is the one thing I want to know.

They're flame-like balls known as "hitodama", meant to depict the departed souls of those who've recently died.

Which means this game isn't only putting people's lives on the line, it's putting people's deaths too.

Okay, maybe that's pushing it a bit. It's just a creative choice, but wow, did it feel good to type that.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Great Revival

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Oliver wrote:

They're flame-like balls known as "hitodama", meant to depict the departed souls of those who've recently died.

Which means this game isn't only putting people's lives on the line, it's putting people's deaths too.

Okay, maybe that's pushing it a bit. It's just a creative choice, but wow, did it feel good to type that.

...AAAAAHHH! *poops pants*

1000% Knight

Patchouli Knowledge wrote:
You know, it's funny that despite GS6 being announced and such, Bolt hasn't made a thread relevant to this yet. Yet, he has made when DGS was announced.

Actually, he made that other thread when DGS was released :P
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Great Revival

Bad Player wrote:
You know, it's funny that despite GS6 being announced and such, Bolt hasn't made a thread relevant to this yet. Yet, he has made when DGS was announced.

Actually, he made that other thread when DGS was released :P

Patch has been rekt. :meekins:

1000% Knight

The game-specific sub-forum usually isn't created until the game is released. But this time we decided to do something a bit different, so I don't really blame him :P

Great Revival

Patch has been...unrekt? :payne:

Enoshima Junko-chan!

I'm hoping Athena's going to be in it.

Great Revival

MBr wrote:
I'm hoping Athena's going to be in it.

I wasn't a fan of her, but it'd be a crime to have all that character development to just ditch her and Blackquill.

1000% Knight

Let's bring this thread back to questions and not just random comments.

Great Revival

Bad Player wrote:
Let's bring this thread back to questions and not just random comments.

Sure.
Are Nick and Apollo's sprites really updated so far? I feel like they are, but can't tell.

Y'know

Who are confirmed characters so far?

Phoenix, Leifa, Judge, Gaspen, Bokto, Apollo... who else?

Winter Flag Trademark

I have a name question. Is it possible that Leifa's surname "Ayasato" or something, as in "Leifa Fey"?

I have a name question. Is it possible that Leifa's surname "Ayasato" or something, as in "Leifa Fey"?

Nope, no "Fey" there.

She's 'Leifa Padma Kurain', while Maya is 'Mayoi Ayasato'. My best guess is that Feys are kind of a "vassal" branch to Kurains and that Ami Fey was less of the original medium and more like the founder of Japanifornia's Kurain outpost alone.

Oliver wrote:
Are Nick and Apollo's sprites really updated so far? I feel like they are, but can't tell.

Check this post for Nick pics. I'd say yes, a little. Between the two of them, their models are slightly more polished and the proportions of their head to their bodies is a little more natural. The difference is a lot harder to tell with Apollo, though I think his head is just barely a bit... rounder.

My God, these guys are only getting younger as they age.

Nearavex wrote:
Who are confirmed characters so far?

Phoenix, Leifa, Judge, Gaspen, Bokto, Apollo... who else?

One more: the victim of case 1, Mima (Meema? :/ ) Waruhito. Not sure if guy or girl because "Mima" is an ambiguous name.

...Um, I guess you can count the bailiffs with the AK-47s too.

Sligneris wrote:

Nope, no "Fey" there.

She's 'Leifa Padma Kurain', while Maya is 'Mayoi Ayasato'. My best guess is that Feys are kind of a "vassal" branch to Kurains and that Ami Fey was less of the original medium and more like the founder of Japanifornia's Kurain outpost alone.

Just to add: They're not the same Kurain. This Kurain is spelled in katakana; the Kurain we're more familiar with is spelled with kanji. They just sound similar.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Just to add: They're not the same Kurain. This Kurain is spelled in katakana; the Kurain we're more familiar with is spelled with kanji. They just sound similar.

I doubt they just sound similar. They wouldn't just choose to reuse the same name, even with a different writing, for no reason. It can't be a coincidence, especially with the spirit channeling and all the magatamas around (even if they have a different shape).
The Kurain country is a foreign country where people's names (and the country's name) are transcribed in katakana. It's possible that it is where the Kurain channeling technique originally comes from, and the Feys' ancestors later choose a kanji spelling for the word once they moved to Japan. Or the other way around.

Great Revival

Oliver wrote:

Check this post for Nick pics. I'd say yes, a little. Between the two of them, their models are slightly more polished and the proportions of their head to their bodies is a little more natural. The difference is a lot harder to tell with Apollo, though I think his head is just barely a bit... rounder.

And Apollo...Get's nothing...like always... :sadshoe:

Winter Flag Trademark

Oliver wrote:
Oliver wrote:

And Apollo...Get's nothing...like always... :sadshoe:

Hopefully at GS7?

Sligneris wrote:

Nope, no "Fey" there.

Just to add: They're not the same Kurain. This Kurain is spelled in katakana; the Kurain we're more familiar with is spelled with kanji. They just sound similar.[/quote]
For some reason, I kinda feel that as: Weird, Crazy, and anything related to this. I don't know myself, honestly.

I think Jozerick has a point here. I don't think we should dismiss this as a coincidence. Kurain is a foreign country, with its own language. Feys could have just changed the spelling to make it more familiar to Japanifornia's populace.

The cape is self-fluttering

How rare would a name like Kurain be? (I guess that's less of a game question but it could still apply.)
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

It's the name of both a country and its royal family, sooo... It wouldn't be just rare, it would be unique.

Art Person

I want to know how Ami Fey links in with this? Was she a rebel that was exiled because her spirit channeling allowed for the body to be turned into the deceased?

The body-turning was always a bit iffy in my opinion. I mean, it after all is the subject of numerous "what if the channeled person was a dude?" jokes, with the appropriate mental image.

SuperAj3 wrote:
I want to know how Ami Fey links in with this? Was she a rebel that was exiled because her spirit channeling allowed for the body to be turned into the deceased?

Until we find new information that says otherwise, I'm going to assume the two are very different schools of channeling.

The Kurain technique we know in Japan...iforn'a utilizes both body transformations and direct communication with the dead. Based on that screenshot of Misty channeling Gregory, she didn't change figure; so she must have spoken directly with him (or borrowed her voice to speak, whatever it was). Furthermore, previously in the first game, there was mention from one of Mia's reports when she "summoned an audience of the dead", presumably with more than one person, regarding the DL-6 Incident and any connections it may have with her more recent case. I doubt she actually channeled them one by one into her body to write notes to each other.

That Maya never did the same is odd, but I attribute that to her inexperience with her spiritual powers. Who knows, by now as Master, her powers may have ascended beyond to encompass this technique.

As for Leyfa's channeling, she requests a vision from the victim to appear in an enchanted pool, but before it can happen, she may have to perform a ceremonial dance to "summon" the spirit. Just how necessary the dance is, is questionable, but it certainly can be performed the first time for show.

Since Ami Fey supposedly founded the Kurain technique over a hundred years ago, it's possible it could have been a branch off of that used in the Kingdom of Kurain. "Exile" might be putting it a bit extremely, but likewise, it's possible.

Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - Pre-GS6 EditionTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Updated the OP a bit to clarify that this is a place for folks to catch up and less for random speculation/questions we can't possibly know the answer to. Once the game is out we'll make a new thread!
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, especially since my question has most likely been answered in another thread, but I might as well.

How does the mirror work, exactly? From the gameplay, the only thing I got was that you're comparing the witness's testimony to what the mirror shows you, but even then I'm not really sure.
I know Phoenix explains how it works before it's used, but I don't really understand Japanese :knock-knock:

Great Revival

JoyCoy wrote:
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, especially since my question has most likely been answered in another thread, but I might as well.

How does the mirror work, exactly? From the gameplay, the only thing I got was that you're comparing the witness's testimony to what the mirror shows you, but even then I'm not really sure.
I know Phoenix explains how it works before it's used, but I don't really understand Japanese :knock-knock:

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it just kinda takes the victim's memories and puts them into the mirror to see.
As I said, I'm not sure.

Oliver wrote:
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it just kinda takes the victim's memories and puts them into the mirror to see.
As I said, I'm not sure.
Oh, I got that part.
What I'm not sure of is how the mirror works gameplay wise.

Great Revival

JoyCoy wrote:
Oliver wrote:
As I said, I'm not sure.
Oh, I got that part.
What I'm not sure of is how the mirror works gameplay wise.

Oh uh... Silly me.
I think you're supposed to compare testimony similar to those bits in PWvPL.
If that's not how it works then crud.

JoyCoy wrote:

First of all, we're presented with an image playback of what the victim saw before losing consciousness and death. The playback is expressed as segments identified by the number of hitodama (the green flame-y things) on the lower screen. The player is free to pause the playback at any time.

Once paused, the player may move the cursor around on the top screen to search for clues. The cursor will change color and label when hovering over a clue. Compare the clue to the oracle (the testimony given by Leifa) on the lower screen and look for any potential contradictions. Once you've found one, present the clue you've selected.

It works a bit like the overloaded Mood Matrix segments, but there's live playback involved. Also, you're now penalized for wild guesses.

The Edgy Attorney

Is there gonna be a ladder or a stepladder?

On a more serious note, what does Athena have to do with all of this?
The fate of two worlds lies in the hands of three lawyers...

A crossover nobody asked for coming never

ASCEND

Mr.Edge wrote:
Is there gonna be a ladder or a stepladder?

On a more serious note, what does Athena have to do with all of this?

I'm assuming that she'll be Apollo's assistant on his side of the story, but I don't think she'll ever be playable.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

How old is Bokuto supposed to be?

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

TheDoctor wrote:
How old is Bokuto supposed to be?

POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Welp, there goes the "Bokuto is Phoenix's son" theory (now, if he was eight years old...)

TheDoctor wrote:
Welp, there goes the "Bokuto is Phoenix's son" theory (now, if he was eight years old...)

Well, that may depend. Are they counting his age by birth, or counting his age by conception?
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Jean Descole wrote:
TheDoctor wrote:

Well, that may depend. Are they counting his age by birth, or counting his age by conception?

I don't think the Court Record specifies age by conception. I don't think it specifies anything about ages, ever since the timeline crack in AJ, but typically, the record updates to the new year around the beginning of April for some reason. I think we need the dates for these cases first before we can decide.

True. (He really does look like a young hybrid of Phoenix and Maya though).

Jean Descole wrote:
TheDoctor wrote:

I don't think the Court Record specifies age by conception. I don't think it specifies anything about ages, ever since the timeline crack in AJ, but typically, the record updates to the new year around the beginning of April for some reason. I think we need the dates for these cases first before we can decide.

Aw, come on, I was trying to keep hope alive here...!! :maya-shock:

But true, the Court Record doesn't seem to lean toward conception.

...NAILED IT
Page 1 of 2 [ 66 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)