Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 1 of 2[ 49 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

What Gameplay Features Are You Wanting To See In GS6?Topic%20Title

What's a Court Records?

I'm really looking forward the game based off of what I've seen in the TGS trailer and I just wanted to know what you all are expecting to see in the game? Any ideas/speculation for new gameplay features or any in particular that you're wanting to return (for example, psyche-locks).
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord
Re: What Gameplay Features Are You Wanting To See In GS6?Topic%20Title

I want to be able to examine everything again. It's all I'm asking. Please, Capcom.

luck wrote:
I want to be able to examine everything again. It's all I'm asking. Please, Capcom.

This. And, of course, more psyche-locks parts. They already said they would allow the player to switch off hints in the dialogues, so that's pretty much it.

P.S. I don't expect a masterpiece, but I would like a decent plot, at least.

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Last edited by Slammer on Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I hope the water mirror gimmick is more than just

"This is what the victim saw. As you can see, the defendant is right there in front of him."

"NO THAT'S WRONG! THE VICTIM WAS ACTUALLY KILLED BY SOMEONE ELSE!"

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

To be honest, I kind of want to look for fingerprints again. Or maybe even that analysis device from 4-4.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

is a five star man.

The Thought Route was my favourite part of Dual Destinies. Seriously. I felt like a real detective...and it was glorious. So I want more of that please (perhaps a less intense ones for minor twists at the end of investigation sections).
Visit http://toatalireviews.com for all your TV and video game review needs.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I'd love to see Ace Attorney 6 surprisingly turn into Gyakuten Kenji Saiban (never mind the actual meaning of the title lol) where investigation portions are as in Investigations because I love the deduce mechanic. First-person examinations will be few and far in between as AA5 without feeling like something is missing becuase you're able to move in the overhead view and investigate less significant things from there. We've already seen how the game uses in-engine cutscenes, so it struck me "what if they make the gameplay see Phoenix in 3rd person too?"

That way we'd have the thing I like about Investigations minus the thing I didn't like, which is the rebuttals because they simply lack something when they're not in the courtroom setting IMO.

Still, I do prefer the conversations to be in first-person, so if they could work around that.

...or maybe I simply want deduce or something similar to be part of the investigation segments to spice it up and perhaps compensate for complete linearity of AA5's investigation segments.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

1000% Knight

Toatali wrote:
The Thought Route was my favourite part of Dual Destinies. Seriously. I felt like a real detective...and it was glorious. So I want more of that please (perhaps a less intense ones for minor twists at the end of investigation sections).

Oh god no. Having the character do all the heavy lifting and then giving me a multiple-choice question with no penalties for guessing wrong makes me feel like the game is simultaneously pandering to and patronizing me--basically the exact opposite of feeling like a detective.

We really don't need any more gimmicks. Just give us psyche-locks during the investigations to spice them up a bit, and then let the player do the detective work through cross-examinations and presents, the stuff the series was founded on.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Toatali wrote:

Well, the "Logic" feature in AAI was far much better than the Thought Route. It was more challenging and enjoyable. And if you were wrong, you got a penalty. At least, you had to think a couple of minutes about making a deduction, not just select a random option.

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

is a five star man.

Bad Player wrote:
Toatali wrote:

Oh god no. Having the character do all the heavy lifting and then giving me a multiple-choice question with no penalties for guessing wrong makes me feel like the game is simultaneously pandering to and patronizing me--basically the exact opposite of feeling like a detective.

Ok, the thought route wasn't the best feature, at least gameplay wise. In a perfect world, it would be harder, allowing penalties and allowing people to go down the wrong route. Visually, though, the Thought Route was fantastic, much better than the GK logic feature. The music was also fantastic, and so I'd like to see an updated and harder thought route. Unfortunately, the characters have often done the heavy lifting in Ace Attorney, and while this was another example of that, to me at least, it tried to engage the player more than if Mia just told Phoenix to 'turn the case around'...
Visit http://toatalireviews.com for all your TV and video game review needs.

I want to be able to examine more locations. I always liked being able to look around most places, and they're a pretty good source of humour too. Plus, it felt a bit too streamlined being able to only examine one or two areas.

I guess that the developers wanted to make the game simple, but it felt like they made it too easy in places. I think that if they want to keep doing that, they should provide a difficulty option at the start of the game. "Easy" mode gets extra hints in the dialogue, tells you whether you've "completed" an area, maybe reduces the number of penalties. "Normal" mode would have less hand-holding.

I also wouldn't mind if they brought back some of the forensic stuff, maybe with Ema as the detective in the Apollo sections.

Thought routes are like the "chapter summary" sessions in Hotel Dusk. I think they're an excellent addition to show both how the character is looking at the entire event from top to bottom to arrive at a conclusion, and it's a great way for the player to make sure they understood everything so far, and that's why I don't feel it's patronizing when you make the wrong guess and they explain why you're wrong. If you put the game down a couple of days and continue you might be short on a few details (happens to me) and then having the thought route/revisualization is just fine, not to mention stylish.

And let's be honest, it's not like thought route takes anything away from the experience. The biggest criticism I can give is that it might slow down the pacing a bit because it replaces the moment when you usually just present the evidence and watch Nick/Apollo come up with their new theory.

I am the swordsman of justice!

I want to see Apollos bracelet used in court again. DD just used it in investigations and that's not nearly as fun :apollo:
I was trying to think of a question while I was objecting, I didn't
- Edgeworth

CoolFencer wrote:
I want to see Apollos bracelet used in court again. DD just used it in investigations and that's not nearly as fun :apollo:

I bet we will, but honestly I prefer them outside of the court segments because using the bracelet should not be decisive proof of anything and it allows badgering of witnesses when you do it inside of court. "Hey you're nervous! You must be lying" doesn't seem that convincing when witnesses could just as likely be nervous for standing in front of 100s of people on a witness stand.

linkenski wrote:
CoolFencer wrote:

I bet we will, but honestly I prefer them outside of the court segments because using the bracelet should not be decisive proof of anything and it allows badgering of witnesses when you do it inside of court. "Hey you're nervous! You must be lying" doesn't seem that convincing when witnesses could just as likely be nervous for standing in front of 100s of people on a witness stand.

The same goes for Athena. Who tells me the Mood Matrix reveals emotions for real?

Phoenix is the only one who makes use of his "special power" only outside the court. And I think it's the most reasonable thing to do.

What's a Court Records?

I definitely agree with being able to examine everything again and using Apollo's bracelet in court. I'm also hoping that they fix the Psyche-locks this time. DD almost ruined them...
Why am I even here?

The new main mechanic /gimmick has penalty unlike Mood Matrix so I bet psychelocks have too.

What's a Court Records?

Having the penalty gauge in DD was almost useless. The worst you got in the game was a double penalty and it only happened like twice in the game. I'm kinda glad AA6 isn't going to bother with the gauge.
Why am I even here?

The video game boy; the one who wins

Dollarluigi wrote:
I'm kinda glad AA6 isn't going to bother with the gauge.

It's not? What is it going to bother with instead?
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

I hope they'll bring back penalties when using the magatama and the bracelet, but... I think it would be better to have the health bar rather than the "5 strike" system.

Last edited by Slammer on Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What's a Court Records?

Going for Miles wrote:
Dollarluigi wrote:
I'm kinda glad AA6 isn't going to bother with the gauge.

It's not? What is it going to bother with instead?

The same as the first game and PLvs.PWAA. The five-strike penalty system. DD didn't even bother to take advantage of the gauge, and GS6 didn't bother. And while I'd like some sort of penalty system for Psyche-locks, I wouldn't be so sure that Capcom would be willing to fix anything that they have broken.
Why am I even here?

The video game boy; the one who wins

Ah, I see. Thanks. I'd no idea the gauge system was disappointing GS5, but since I've only watched a playthrough rather than playing it myself I guess I just didn't notice.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

[Whip the cream!]

luck wrote:

This and
Slammer wrote:
And, of course, more psyche-locks parts.

P.S. I don't expect a masterpiece, but I would like a decent plot, at least.

that.

...wait. What am I doing? I won't be able to experience any gameplay firsthand since I don't have a 3DS. Well... It's what I'd want if I would be able to play it myself.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

I'm going to guess that Phoenix's sections will have the five-hitodama penalty system, while Apollo's will use the Confidence Gauge.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

What's a Court Records?

It could happen.
Why am I even here?

Yeah, it would be weird to use Magatamas to represent the hit points in cases that take place in Japanifornia rather than Kurain (assuming that such cases actually, you know, exist) but maybe they will just be replaced with something else, like the exclamation marks from the first game.
Signature loading, please wait...

I am the swordsman of justice!

cesar26100 wrote:
Yeah, it would be weird to use Magatamas to represent the hit points in cases that take place in Japanifornia rather than Kurain (assuming that such cases actually, you know, exist) but maybe they will just be replaced with something else, like the exclamation marks from the first game.

That makes me think, because it takes place in kurain, were magatamas are from, will Phoenix's magatamas be more powerful and do more?
I was trying to think of a question while I was objecting, I didn't
- Edgeworth

Sleep is for the week/weak

CoolFencer wrote:
cesar26100 wrote:

That makes me think, because it takes place in kurain, were magatamas are from, will Phoenix's magatamas be more powerful and do more?

Oh wow, that's an interesting thought! It would be pretty neat if it could do more, but then again, wouldn't the power of the magatama depend on whose energy powered it? Phoenix's magatama was powered by Pearl, who does have prodigious power, but surely there would be a power difference if his magatama was powered by a spirit medium who nurtured her powers in Kurain Kingdom...? :maya-thought:
Nayuki, I don't think we're in High School Star Musical anymore...

Red string of fate tied me to manilla

Hmm... I've only familiar with the games through the walkthrough videos... but I greatly enjoyed watching all the investigations... finger prints, looking the evidence from angles, footprints, mixer, letter scanner... I just finished with AJ and I have to say it was brilliant with all the methods in it.

What's a Court Records?

I'll admit, seeing the MASON system again (Which is highly doubtful) would be really interesting. Heck, as long as we have Apollo's bracelet and Psyche-Locks actually functioning the way that they should, I'll be happy.
Why am I even here?

I was thinking about the games yesterday after my previous post and realized that a big part of of the game features are who are using them... For example in DD it was Pearl who had the scientic stuff, not Ema. That was a bit... strange even though it was helpful and it was nice to see Pearl after a long time(or first time if you are like me to whom DD was the first game).

What's a Court Records?

Fun fact: I actually saw all of DD before I played any of the games.
Why am I even here?

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Slammer wrote:
The same goes for Athena. Who tells me the Mood Matrix reveals emotions for real?

Phoenix is the only one who makes use of his "special power" only outside the court. And I think it's the most reasonable thing to do.

Good point. I'd like to see Athena get mistaken about an emotion for once. It would be a good challenge for her. Phoenix and Apollo's powers have been used against them at one point in the series.

On the point on thought routes, I like the concept. It makes you think through the the whole case. But they need to be much harder.

Finally, I want to have the ability to ask your assistant at any point for help.

MBr wrote:
Finally, I want to have the ability to ask your assistant at any point for help.

I see! Like instead of the cryptic hints they occasionally give in the comments(conversation is good but not when the co-council is being all smug and 'did you get it yet?') but you can press a button and ask then what do they think or have they noticed something new about the testimony or evidence.

Beware of the Dog

I'd like to see real interactive forensics (not only done by someone else) thought routes and Apollos power back in court. I know it's kinda strange that he presses a witness like mad because of something he (and nobody else) can somehow sense or see, but it's just not the same in DD, and if Athena is allowed to use "therapy" on witnesses in court, there is absolutely no reason for Apollo not to use his powers in court.

迷探偵

I'm playing Net High (Vita) now, which is based on the AA model (like Danganronpa), though with a Japanese internet culture setting (instead of trials, you unmask 'posers' on the internet). What is interesting is that while the game follows the familiar AA mechanics (testimony -> present evidence -> new testimony -> truth), Net High also features optional testimonies and varying degrees of truth. Basically: if you take the shortest route possible, you can still finish the chapter, but you won't see all testimonies, and won't uncover the complete truth (in Net High, this means revealing the complete "True Nature" of the posers). In theory, you don't need to use all evidence you found earlier and thus there are multiple routes.

With Ace Attorney, it's slightly more difficult to implement the same idea, because ideally, everything is revealed in a court of law, but it would be fun if the team could add 'additional' mysteries to be uncovered in a case, that aren't directly involved with the crime, but do help put some things in perspective. Pressing certain testimonies would put you in a branch-testimony, and after you solve that, you'd be put back in the main testimony line. One could even connect a multiple ending system to this (I think Net High does this to an extent, with different visuals depending on how well you did). I don't expect this to appear in AA6, but it's something I do hope will appear in the series in the future.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Enoshima Junko-chan!

I liked the idea of comparing different testimonies together to find the one that differs from the rest from Layton vs. Wright. We sort of did that since the first game, since in some cases a testimony was added to the court record (cases 1-2 and 1-4)

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Okay, we have the Mood Matrix. Next up... Revisualization! Even though it was basically just "select your answer" with cool visuals, I really liked the idea of rethinking the entire case.

ASCEND

RayquazaSenpai wrote:
Okay, we have the Mood Matrix. Next up... Revisualization! Even though it was basically just "select your answer" with cool visuals, I really liked the idea of rethinking the entire case.

I also hope Revisualization returns. Thinking everything over to find that one fact that changes everything was really awesome.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Planetbox wrote:
RayquazaSenpai wrote:

I also hope Revisualization returns. Thinking everything over to find that one fact that changes everything was really awesome.

And the new mechanics and full-on investigation. This game is turning into a jack of all trades kinda thing.
Page 1 of 2 [ 49 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)