Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 1 of 1[ 7 posts ]

Thoughts on possible DLCTopic%20Title

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

What are you guys thinking about/wanting/predicting about DLC for GS6? Did you prefer the DD new case DLC or the PLvsAA behind the scenes and "character episodes" DLC? (I don't remember what DGS had but I remember it being similar to PLvsAA).

Personally I really loved the new case approach, as it's basically a new part of the game. I wasn't super big on it being set right in the middle of the game, though. I actually waited to play DD until after the DLC case came out, and looking back I would have found it annoying to play through to the end, have the game just speed past Phoenix getting his badge back, and Pearl coming back for only 5 minutes in 5-5.

I'd much prefer if they did a 1-5 situation and release a new case about a month after the game's release which takes place after the last cast of GS6. That way it can be the filler case that it will be (5-6 was one) and it won't feel like a necessity in the game like 5-6 did. Specifically about Pearl; If you play the DLC case in between 5-2 and 5-3 she has a decent role and her role in 5-5 feels less random (if feels similar to Nicole's role in AAI2 where she has a large role in GK2-1 and then shows up briefly in GK-5) but if you don't play it she's just dropped there out of nowhere and doesn't really do anything.

Regarding the costume DLC, I was indifferent to it and I've never used them but it seems like a cheap and fun thing to do so I'm for it. (Since I'm getting the urge to play DD soon I'll probably run through it again right before GS6 is released and play it in chronological case order with the costumes just to give them some use.)

I wasn't a big fan of the PLvsAA DLC because it didn't really add anything for me, especially because they were out-of-universe and therefore didn't really offer any chance at expanding the world of VS. It was more just a collection of "what these characters are like when they're not 'filming' the game". It was nice that it was free, but I'd rather get a new case than this.

So, what are your thoughts?
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.
Re: Thoughts on possible DLCTopic%20Title

Mia Payne

D.A. McCoy wrote:
What are you guys thinking about/wanting/predicting about DLC for GS6? Did you prefer the DD new case DLC or the PLvsAA behind the scenes and "character episodes" DLC? (I don't remember what DGS had but I remember it being similar to PLvsAA).

Personally I really loved the new case approach, as it's basically a new part of the game. I wasn't super big on it being set right in the middle of the game, though. I actually waited to play DD until after the DLC case came out, and looking back I would have found it annoying to play through to the end, have the game just speed past Phoenix getting his badge back, and Pearl coming back for only 5 minutes in 5-5.

I'd much prefer if they did a 1-5 situation and release a new case about a month after the game's release which takes place after the last cast of GS6. That way it can be the filler case that it will be (5-6 was one) and it won't feel like a necessity in the game like 5-6 did. Specifically about Pearl; If you play the DLC case in between 5-2 and 5-3 she has a decent role and her role in 5-5 feels less random (if feels similar to Nicole's role in AAI2 where she has a large role in GK2-1 and then shows up briefly in GK-5) but if you don't play it she's just dropped there out of nowhere and doesn't really do anything.

Regarding the costume DLC, I was indifferent to it and I've never used them but it seems like a cheap and fun thing to do so I'm for it. (Since I'm getting the urge to play DD soon I'll probably run through it again right before GS6 is released and play it in chronological case order with the costumes just to give them some use.)

I wasn't a big fan of the PLvsAA DLC because it didn't really add anything for me, especially because they were out-of-universe and therefore didn't really offer any chance at expanding the world of VS. It was more just a collection of "what these characters are like when they're not 'filming' the game". It was nice that it was free, but I'd rather get a new case than this.

So, what are your thoughts?

Well Dual Destinies DLC was originally case 3, that was ripped out of the game, and they split Case 5 into 4 and 5, just to have extra DLC... and the evidence is the iOS video names refering to the movies of the DLC as "gs3" and Cases 4 and 5 as "gs5"

So naturally, PLvAA, unless they ACTUALLY developed the DLC after the release.

Art Person

Yeah, the ordering of the anime cutscenes in the iOS version placed it before case 4's.
I do think it'd be cool to have a full DLC case that acts as an epilogue, or just as a standalone case. I really liked that idea.
However, I loved the idea of little frequent DLC batches showing off beta music or artwork, provided it's free like PLvsAA's.

Apollon Flame

From the looks of it, the Kingdom of Kurain is going to be a big thing on GS6, meaning that KoK will be the game's overarching plot. But after seeing the poster of the Gramaryes, I think they too will be a big part of the plot. With this in mind, I'm skeptical that the team will be able to deal with both plots at the same time and just focus on the Kingdom of Kurain and the obvious relation it may have with Maya, and just leave the Gramarye family either for GS7, or to be resolved on a DLC case that could serve as an epilogue.
A King

in name

alone...

Blizdi wrote:

Well Dual Destinies DLC was originally case 3, that was ripped out of the game, and they split Case 5 into 4 and 5, just to have extra DLC... and the evidence is the iOS video names refering to the movies of the DLC as "gs3" and Cases 4 and 5 as "gs5"

Wow. That's really disappointing, although it makes sense as it always seemed weird for the main game to just skip past that. That makes Pearl's appearance in 5-5 make more sense too. Still, I know they only released it a month after which meant that they were working on both at the same time but I still always believed it was intended for DLC. So that means that we actually haven't ever had a real DLC case.

Like you said, if that's what they're going to do with this one then I hope it doesn't happen. I'd love it if they actually made a real DLC case though.

I'd actually like little episodic stories like PLvsAA as long as they expanded the world and characters and didn't do the whole breaking the forth wall stuff that VS did. It was clever and its funny to hear the characters comment on the series but I'd rather have little in-universe character moments that highlight the characters' interactions. With the amount of crazy characters who likely show up regularly at the Wright Anything Agency (Phoenix, Apollo, Athena, Trucy, Pearl, Edgeworth, Gavin, presumably Maya) there'd be a ton of potential for little non-murder stories. I'd like that a lot.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Apollon Flame

D.A. McCoy wrote:
Blizdi wrote:

Wow. That's really disappointing, although it makes sense as it always seemed weird for the main game to just skip past that. That makes Pearl's appearance in 5-5 make more sense too. Still, I know they only released it a month after which meant that they were working on both at the same time but I still always believed it was intended for DLC. So that means that we actually haven't ever had a real DLC case.

Like you said, if that's what they're going to do with this one then I hope it doesn't happen. I'd love it if they actually made a real DLC case though.

I'd actually like little episodic stories like PLvsAA as long as they expanded the world and characters and didn't do the whole breaking the forth wall stuff that VS did. It was clever and its funny to hear the characters comment on the series but I'd rather have little in-universe character moments that highlight the characters' interactions. With the amount of crazy characters who likely show up regularly at the Wright Anything Agency (Phoenix, Apollo, Athena, Trucy, Pearl, Edgeworth, Gavin, presumably Maya) there'd be a ton of potential for little non-murder stories. I'd like that a lot.

^^^ I like your idea. DLC doesn't necessarily have to be fully fledged cases, but rather small conversational scenes like in PLxPW.
A King

in name

alone...

One thing that worries me a little bit.

Do we know how well the DLC for DD sold? I know the actual game was said to meet its sales predictions (which Sven has called "agressive", I think) but I don't know if Capcom ever talked about the DLC.

What worries me - especially now that I know that 5-6 was just ripped from the game rather than was original DLC) is that if the DLC didn't sell that well, we might not get it localized and if they pull a similar stunt with GS6 we might miss out on some of the actual game. (In fact, it still kind of bugs me that we didn't get DD's quiz DLC but I understand why they did it).

In fact, on that negative note, I worry that the amount of DD sales might have been because of all the hype about the series returning and the AAI2 fiasco and that AA6 might not make enough to get AA7 or whatever over to the west. That's why I hope that GS6 either tries to provide an ending of sorts to a GS4-5-6 trilogy or has a self contained story like DD where nothing is left as a cliff-hangar (but I don't think they've ever done that in AA with the exception of Morgan in JFA; I also heard that maybe DGS did that, but I don't know).

But maybe since they didn't do it with DGS they won't with GS6. And I'm guessing a good percentage of people who bought DD also bought the DLC (I'm guessing almost everyone here did, although we're a small fraction of the audience).
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)