Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 5 of 5[ 170 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Re: Case two discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title

Idol of Polar Bears

JesusMonroe wrote:
The villain of this case was really something else, especially that breakdown

Spoiler:
So evil, but you could feel some sympathy for him that the game doesn't necessarily demand from you. I love how his breakdown wasn't just a silly over the top one, but showed that he could never really escape the Gramaryes and he'd never be able to surpass Trucy. The terror on his face was emoted pretty well too. Definitely one of my favorite villains of this series

Spoiler:
Retinz was such a well-designed villain. I haven't wanted to wrap my hands around anyone's neck and strangle them that badly since Engarde.

On different point:

Spoiler:
How did Trucy not notice the scar missing from Manov's arm? That should have been a dead giveaway that he wasn't actually Mr. Reus.

Sleeping is my life.

Mr. Bear Jew wrote:
On different point:

Spoiler:
How did Trucy not notice the scar missing from Manov's arm? That should have been a dead giveaway that he wasn't actually Mr. Reus.

Spoiler:
It's been 13 years since Mr. Reus was kicked out of Troupe Gramarye. Plus, 13 years is a long time, so she probably don't know what the real Mr. Reus would look like 13 years later. It's possible that Mr. Reus wasn't that important in Trucy's life for her to remember that scar.

I've felt worse.

I'm nitpicking at this point, but
Spoiler:
Athena's reason for bringing out the Mood Matrix is that Bonny (actually Betty) is clearly suffering from PTSD related to the incident. PTSD isn't called PTSD until it's persisted for 30 days.

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Gettin' Old!

sumguy28 wrote:
Spoiler:
Athena's reason for bringing out the Mood Matrix is that Bonny (actually Betty) is clearly suffering from PTSD related to the incident. PTSD isn't called PTSD until it's persisted for 30 days.

Spoiler:
It's also not what I would say she is suffering at all. She's experiencing dissonance from having to act like someone else whose values aren't in line with her own self-concept.

PTSD is a pretty severe thing that will mess you up. It's a mockery to argue that Bonny has it...but Athena needs to use big words to shock the judge into letting her use her nonsense power on someone who isn't really willing.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

The miracle never happen

sumguy28 wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Yeah but the judge doesn't know that, meaning that Athena was bluffing so she could bring out Bonny's real self.

"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

Spoiler:
After how purposefully alienated I was made to feel during 6-1 (not to say that was a bad thing at all), the second case was such a return to form. I totally agree with what others have said about how this case was reminiscent of GS4! Not going to lie, I definitely fangirled a bit when Ema came back. I'm SO happy that they let her be sincerely happy but made sure not to mess up with the core of her adult personality. She's still snarky, moody and sarcastic. She still has all of her GS4-ness in her, but she's grown up a great deal since GS4 and it shows, especially how she's being more honest with her feelings towards Trucy and Polly now (feelings about how she sees them as close friends, I mean. Though the Apollo/Ema shipper in me says something more for Apollo mwahaha) All her hard work, all the test re-takes finally paid off and she's happier as a person for it, and it's amazing. I really love how they've successfully had Ema grow between GS4 and GS6. It doesn't feel like she's reverted at all. I'll admit I was a bit worried at first about how they were going to handle Ema, since I personally feel like they dropped the ball on Phoenix's character in GS5 (I'm on 6-3 atm so I can't say what I think about GS6!Nick yet). Overall I am so so thrilled about Ema.

Apollo was perfect in this case. The only thing that I disliked was just how much they beat us over the head with his "I'm fine!" catchphrase. I've always loved it, but I feel like GS5 and absolutely GS6 just overuses it to the point that it loses its spark. Having a Trucy-centric case is awesome! Focus on the Gramarye's and their past is also something I loved, so happy that they aren't sweeping GS4 under the rug like I feared. EDIT: Nevermind this part about Thalassa.

Onto the new prosecutor...Nahyuta is interesting. I enjoyed facing off againt him and his antics definitely aren't as over the top as other prosecutors we've had in the past...So in a way, I like the balance in his character. Out of all of them I'd say he reminds me of Edgeworth the most. He's definitely an intriguing character and I'm looking forward to seeing where this game takes him.

Bonny and Betty were great. Definitely reminded me of Ini and Mimi but without the sinister backstory. Loved to hate Roger, but I much preferred who he really was instead of his TV persona. He's a realistic villain, and pretty relatable especially given the fact that the Gramarye Troupe were not a bunch of angels...it's really interesting to have a guy like this come out of the woodworks. It's satisfying for my GS4 loving soul :hobohodo: .

Also long live the return of Mr. Hat! :mrhat:

"Having a place to go — is a home. Having someone to love — is a family. Having both — is a blessing."

Happy Maria

Right, replaying this case and all, I enjoyed it just as much as I did before.

Spoiler: 6-2
I really appreciate that they brought back free investigations. There's so much funny dialogue in this case alone that it feels really refreshing. Especially after DD's boringness. The forensics segment was just as bad as it was the first time, though. Way too long. The pacing is still absolutely broken as well. There really should've been more TBCs in between the trial and investigation.

The Magic murder mystery is also really well done, and the villain is one of my favourites. The final confrontation genuinely gave me chills. Admittedly thou his backstory was extremely contrived and I dislike how they just retconned Mr. Reus like "Oh yeah this guy exists now deal with it". Another complaint is Nahyuta, who is just a douche. He has some funny lines as well, but they're overshadowed by the boring, terrible ones. Plus that stupid 1-2 ripoff scene at the end, forgot how blatantly uninspired that was.

Other than that though, this was a really good case. Tweak a few elements and I could see this as a proper AJ case, really. Just very nice to work through.

Next up is 6-3 though, which is just urrghhhhhh. Hope I can finish that faster.

What did he do this time...?

Southern Corn wrote:
Right, replaying this case and all, I enjoyed it just as much as I did before.

Plus that stupid 1-2 ripoff scene at the end, forgot how blatantly uninspired that was.

What are you referring to? I can't quite recall.

I definitely enjoyed case 6-2. It does feel odd to have the second case go only one day, but it works with what they're going for. There's really no need to add bloat and go another day investigating and in court.

I just had an interesting thought... you mentioned that this was a "proper AJ case", which made me think: what if this case was Dual Destinies' second case? I didn't like 5-2 very much and Trucy would actually be relevant (and seeing Apollo leave the office later in the game would have more significance, as he saved Trucy and the office from disaster). You could weave in Athena joining the team as she does have a role in 6-2 and just slap Blackquill in as the prosecutor and he'd be more entertaining than Sahdmadhi.. There, done, that makes Dual Destinies a better game.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

Happy Maria

Danchat wrote:
What are you referring to? I can't quite recall.

"Nahyuta…you've changed."

It's word for word from 1-2, but with Edgeworth replaced by Nahyuta.

Quote:
I definitely enjoyed case 6-2. It does feel odd to have the second case go only one day, but it works with what they're going for. There's really no need to add bloat and go another day investigating and in court.

I just had an interesting thought... you mentioned that this was a "proper AJ case", which made me think: what if this case was Dual Destinies' second case? I didn't like 5-2 very much and Trucy would actually be relevant (and seeing Apollo leave the office later in the game would have more significance, as he saved Trucy and the office from disaster). You could weave in Athena joining the team as she does have a role in 6-2 and just slap Blackquill in as the prosecutor and he'd be more entertaining than Sahdmadhi.. There, done, that makes Dual Destinies a better game.

I honestly would've liked that more. Blackquill as the prosecutor probably would have been much better. 6-2 is miles ahead of 5-2, so I wouldn't mind. Though I think they didn't include too many AJ references in DD because while it sold well, there was also a lot of slack it was getting for several of its issues so they played it safe for this one.

Interesting villain, more Gramaryes, liked Bonny and Betty, kind of a traditional Ace Attorney case with limited drama. Of course it sets up for the ending of 6-5 in a rather tragic way if you have a lot emotionally invested in how you experience this case.
vroom vroom!
Page 5 of 5 [ 170 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)